Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,010 members, 7,806,938 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:21 AM

Don’t Blame Osinbajo If I Forgot His Teachings, Blame Me — Reuben Abati - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Blame Osinbajo If I Forgot His Teachings, Blame Me — Reuben Abati (431 Views)

Blame Osinbajo & Tinubu For Power Staying In The North - Adeyanju / 2023 Presidency: South-West APC May Ostracise Osinbajo If He Contests / Adams Oshiomhole Forgot His Place At The Presidential Inauguration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t Blame Osinbajo If I Forgot His Teachings, Blame Me — Reuben Abati by okefranci: 4:20pm On Oct 09, 2021
By Oluwafemi Popoola

Dr Reuben Abati, a former Special Adviser on Media and Publicity to ex-President Goodluck Jonathan, has joined the league of other past students of the Vice President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo, to celebrate him in commemoration of his 40 years of teaching anniversary.

Some of Prof. Osinbajo’s law students, many of whom are today’s distinguished scholars and legal practitioners, in a five-minute video circulated on various social media, had applauded the Vice President, saying he’s a brilliant, fantastic and excellent teacher “who would enter the class without a piece of paper and yet leave you completely satisfied.”

Among some of the former students of the VP who spoke in the viral video are Onike Ikepo Braithwaite, Justice John Iyang Okoro, Adekunle Adediji, Bassey Ekwere, Pat Akem-Vingir, Gbolahan Adeniran, Mrs Toyin Odunsanya, Mrs Remi Ladega, Hon. Iduma Igariway, a member of the house of representatives, Bimbo Akeredolu SAN, and Chiedu Ugbo.

However, Abati, on Wednesday, speaking on Arise T.V, as one of the hosts on the programme with the topic ‘Celebrating Osinbajo as a Teacher,’ praised the former law teacher who started teaching in 1981 at the University of Lagos (UNILAG), at only 24 years of age.

Prof Osinbajo was a lecturer and then Senior Lecturer of Law at UNILAG, Professor of Law and Head of Department of Public Law at the same university. He also taught Law at the Lagos State University.
Abati, a Nigerian journalist, politician, television anchor and newspaper columnist spoke glowingly of Osinbajo’s teaching dexterity and intelligence, describing him as “highly cerebral, very dutiful and diligent.”

According to Abati: “I was also privileged to have been in his class. He taught me the most part at the University of Lagos. But in those days, we had at the Law Faculty, Lagos State University, along Ojoo. Teachers from the Faculty of Law at the University of Lagos and he, used to come in those days to teach us Law of Evidence and Law of Equity.”

“And if you take those two courses, you will see how very tough they could be particularly you will be required to master sections of the ‘Evidence.’ This teacher, Professor Osinbajo, would just come in wearing his sharp suit and he would just be going up and down and will be quoting every section.

“So, I can confirm what those other persons who have sat in his class before have said in that video, highly cerebral, very dutiful, diligent and of course you will be praying let one just pass the course as soft as it is.

“You will be encouraged by his own example, his mastery of it. Apart from ‘Evidence and Equity,’ he is the author of one of the most authoritative books on media law.

“To speak generally now, first, congratulations to Prof Osinbajo, 40 years of teaching other people, grooming them.

“If I have issues with my remembering the ‘Evidence and the Law of Equity,’ don’t blame him, you blame me (laughs), it means I was a poor student (laughs).

“Generally, teachers we used to say their rewards are in heaven, but I think we should change that. A teacher’s reward should be here on earth,” Abati concluded.

https://thedailyleaks.com/dont-blame-osinbajo-if-i-forgot-his-teachings-blame-me-reuben-abati-ex-president-jonathans-aide/

Re: Don’t Blame Osinbajo If I Forgot His Teachings, Blame Me — Reuben Abati by inioluwa03: 4:23pm On Oct 09, 2021
Osinbajo is good teacher of great impact
Re: Don’t Blame Osinbajo If I Forgot His Teachings, Blame Me — Reuben Abati by TheRareGem1(f): 4:24pm On Oct 09, 2021
Wow. I never thought Abati was Osinbajo's student. This is amazing to hearing him praise his teacher and speaks highly of him m
Re: Don’t Blame Osinbajo If I Forgot His Teachings, Blame Me — Reuben Abati by GardenOfGod(m): 4:25pm On Oct 09, 2021
Osinbajo the next president of 9ja

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don’t Blame Osinbajo If I Forgot His Teachings, Blame Me — Reuben Abati by Lifted2000: 4:29pm On Oct 09, 2021
The teacher that raised great men and women at home and abroad.
Re: Don’t Blame Osinbajo If I Forgot His Teachings, Blame Me — Reuben Abati by Shooyie: 4:30pm On Oct 09, 2021
He is very brilliant, intelligent and diligent. Now, we know beyond doubt that there is something special about Prof Yemi Osinbajo and I want him to become president by 2023.
Re: Don’t Blame Osinbajo If I Forgot His Teachings, Blame Me — Reuben Abati by endsarrrs(f): 4:32pm On Oct 09, 2021
Osinbajo, what a good hearted man

1 Like

Re: Don’t Blame Osinbajo If I Forgot His Teachings, Blame Me — Reuben Abati by Wilson2013(m): 4:35pm On Oct 09, 2021
Who could have thought that Reuben Abbati was a former student of the law professor. There is no doubt that Osinbajo has impacted a lot of lives both iin politics and in the classrooms
Re: Don’t Blame Osinbajo If I Forgot His Teachings, Blame Me — Reuben Abati by Dejyom(m): 4:36pm On Oct 09, 2021
Oh! Even Abati attested VP Yemi Osinbajo's excellent teaching prowess? Surely we've got a gem who should be utilized optimally here. VP Yemi Osinbajo is truly a top class.
Re: Don’t Blame Osinbajo If I Forgot His Teachings, Blame Me — Reuben Abati by MightySparrow: 5:20pm On Oct 09, 2021
Shooyie:
He is very brilliant, intelligent and diligent. Now, we know beyond doubt that there is something special about Prof Yemi Osinbajo and I want him to become president by 2023.
Only a brilliant person like this could right the wrongs by Buhari
Re: Don’t Blame Osinbajo If I Forgot His Teachings, Blame Me — Reuben Abati by Deputy1111(m): 5:57pm On Oct 09, 2021
sad
Re: Don’t Blame Osinbajo If I Forgot His Teachings, Blame Me — Reuben Abati by murecool(m): 6:04pm On Oct 09, 2021
Osinbajo is a man I respect so much

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Looking Strong Even In DSS Custody, See The First Time He Was Seen S / Am In Uk This Is For All The Obas And Chief Sunday Lovers / U.S. Recommends ‘painstaking Dialogue’ To Solve Nigeria’s Security Challenges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.