Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:54 AM

My Mystery Dog “jake” - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / My Mystery Dog “jake” (543 Views)

Mystery As Elephant Smokes In India. / Mystery Cat Born With 2 Heads And 3 Eyes - Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Mystery Dog “jake” by Nicerazor(m): 8:37pm On Oct 09, 2021
To the dog breeders in the house especially Lhasa Apso. There is this mystery I discovered about my Lhasa “Jake”.
His cake is by the veranda of our apartment.
What baffles me is that anytime we are eating in the sitting room. He always barks.
Note : he doesn’t see us coz my windows are always locked and curtains covered and his cage can’t get up to the window level. So no way he could see us eating.
This dog won’t bark if we are not eating �.
This thing always baffles us to the extent I have researched on the internet but no satisfactory answer.
This dog is dawn sensitive about food. He just acted same way now.
Re: My Mystery Dog “jake” by WoundedLamb: 8:44pm On Oct 09, 2021
He obviously perceives the food and wants to be part of the party.

1 Like

Re: My Mystery Dog “jake” by Bankowner: 9:07pm On Oct 09, 2021
Did you google dogs and sensitivity to smell? Read it below:

“Dogs possess up to 300 million olfactory receptors in their noses, compared to about six million in us. And the part of a dog's brain that is devoted to analyzing smells is about 40 times greater than ours. Dogs also have something called neophilia, which means they are attracted to new and interesting odors.“

“Scientists guess the dog's sense of smell is somewhere between 10,000 to 100,000 times more acute than ours. One of the reasons a dog has such better smelling ability than us is the number of scent receptors. For every scent receptor a human has, a dog has about 50.“

1 Like

Re: My Mystery Dog “jake” by Nicerazor(m): 12:05pm On Oct 15, 2021
Wow Thanks for this.
Bankowner:
Did you google dogs and sensitivity to smell? Read it below:

(1) (Reply)

Alsatian Puppies For Sale / Showline/workingline Female Gsd For Sale / Who Knows About This Supplement (BULLY MAX)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.