Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,464 members, 7,781,344 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:47 PM

Tyson Fury Defeats Deontay Wilder In Thrilling Fight With Five Knockdowns - Sports (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tyson Fury Defeats Deontay Wilder In Thrilling Fight With Five Knockdowns (52145 Views)

All African Games: Nigerian Athletes Break African Record In Thrilling Race / The Moment Tyson Fury Knocked Down Wilder In The Final Round (Video) / "I Want To Fight Wilder In April" - Anthony Joshua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tyson Fury Defeats Deontay Wilder In Thrilling Fight With Five Knockdowns by jclassiq(m): 10:59am On Oct 10, 2021
KingAttitude:
�Black fighters are being defeated back to back this year, something must be wrong somewhere: Wetin pain me pass be say 3 of them are Nigerians!

• Israel Adesanya.
• Anthony Joshua.
• Efe Ajagba.
• Deontay Wilder.

All are Nigerians actually. Shey deontay said he is Nigerian last time.
Re: Tyson Fury Defeats Deontay Wilder In Thrilling Fight With Five Knockdowns by doffman: 11:06am On Oct 10, 2021
historyles:

How can anyone quick jab Fury? Your hand long reach? Guy go watch football joor! You no know anything about boxing, at all! grin

Just wait till you see one . You did not know how it works so I will not argue with you .
Re: Tyson Fury Defeats Deontay Wilder In Thrilling Fight With Five Knockdowns by doffman: 11:07am On Oct 10, 2021
OgaNurse:

You nuh go try use am?
You think these trainers don't think about it?
Who is faster than Fury in the heavyweight?
Do you notice how Fury changes patterns during a fight?
Nobody in the current heavyweight does that! No one!!

You will soon understand when someone beat him down . I just pray you should not bring any excuse .
Re: Tyson Fury Defeats Deontay Wilder In Thrilling Fight With Five Knockdowns by Germi9: 11:18am On Oct 10, 2021
KingAttitude:
�Black fighters are being defeated back to back this year, something must be wrong somewhere: Wetin pain me pass be say 3 of them are Nigerians!

• Israel Adesanya.
• Anthony Joshua.
• Efe Ajagba.
• Deontay Wilder.
Deontey is Nigerian too from Edo ,i think Benin precisely
Re: Tyson Fury Defeats Deontay Wilder In Thrilling Fight With Five Knockdowns by Nobody: 11:23am On Oct 10, 2021
Kwara1stson:
who your yeye book help

Who your brain help tongue
Re: Tyson Fury Defeats Deontay Wilder In Thrilling Fight With Five Knockdowns by Nobody: 11:25am On Oct 10, 2021
Kingosytex:

Fury is definitely done with Wilder.
Someone should advise Wilder to steer clear from Fury because they aren't mates, Fury is far ahead of that guy.
Don't you guys fear Fury? He has fought Wilder in Wilder's territory three times, Fury isn't like AJ who is scared of fighting outside the UK or Wilder himself who is also scared of fighting outside.
Fury took the fight to Ukraine and defeated Klitschko.
Wilder should make sure he digs his own grave if he must fight Fury again because I'm sure that Fury will murder him. They aren't on the same level.
Forget long story my gee. Was that count slow or not? Simple. Wilder knocked him out twice. He was cheated!
Re: Tyson Fury Defeats Deontay Wilder In Thrilling Fight With Five Knockdowns by Semaj77(m): 11:26am On Oct 10, 2021
sonofElElyon:

Tyson Fury has the height, the reach, the skills, the power, sufficient stamina, determination, raw strength, strong chin, big heart..

Would definitely beat Joshua and Usyk comfortably.. most likely a knock out

Power and raw strenght
Strong chin - the only reference to a strong chin is because he got up from a hit from Wilder who has been labelled wrongly as the hardest hitter of this generation , Wilders punch is measured at 927 while Ruiz is measured at 967 ( or something in that range ). I put it to you that if Fury had received the same punch AJ got from Ruiz he would have been out cold.
Talking about stamina , Ruiz has much more stamina than Fury , he hardly gets knocked down and if he does he isn't even flustered , look at his second fight with AJ and you'll see just how hard it is for AJ to knock him down even with a cut to the upper eyelid.
Determination and heart I may not argue that
Skillwise , I'll say he has sufficient skill to see him through with most fighters in this era

Overall I won't tip him totally to beat AJ but it could swing either way , for Ruiz , I still maintain that his only chance of beating him is to adopt the same tactic AJ used in his second fight against Ruiz - jab and run. Ruiz is a tough nut to crack and people usually underrate him
Re: Tyson Fury Defeats Deontay Wilder In Thrilling Fight With Five Knockdowns by backbone503(m): 11:39am On Oct 10, 2021
Wilder is a fighter; Fury a boxer.
Re: Tyson Fury Defeats Deontay Wilder In Thrilling Fight With Five Knockdowns by odeyinugbolahan(m): 11:40am On Oct 10, 2021
Kachi4christ:
Wilder should just retire his right hand isn't prolific anymore, congratulations to Fury.
AJ better beat usyk in rematch else fury will become the undisputed heavyweight champion. Only AJ can stop fury at the moment.

Fury will furious damage AJ like baby.

Tyson Fury is no match for him cos he is a beast
Re: Tyson Fury Defeats Deontay Wilder In Thrilling Fight With Five Knockdowns by tunary(m): 11:42am On Oct 10, 2021
KingAttitude:

• Israel Adesanya.
• Anthony Joshua.
• Efe Ajagba.
• Deontay Wilder.
Na buhari cause am o
Re: Tyson Fury Defeats Deontay Wilder In Thrilling Fight With Five Knockdowns by babatee90(m): 11:45am On Oct 10, 2021
Kachi4christ:
Wilder should just retire his right hand isn't prolific anymore, congratulations to Fury.
AJ better beat usyk in rematch else fury will become the undisputed heavyweight champion. Only AJ can stop fury at the moment.
A.J is no match for either Fury or Wilder let’s face it…He can never last 4 rounds with Fury
Re: Tyson Fury Defeats Deontay Wilder In Thrilling Fight With Five Knockdowns by backbone503(m): 11:48am On Oct 10, 2021
Re: Tyson Fury Defeats Deontay Wilder In Thrilling Fight With Five Knockdowns by Ajseyi89: 11:49am On Oct 10, 2021
I wonder who would have won between fury and tyson...if Mike Tyson happen to fight in this era...
Re: Tyson Fury Defeats Deontay Wilder In Thrilling Fight With Five Knockdowns by backbone503(m): 11:57am On Oct 10, 2021
hammer3x:
THE DAY WILDER MENTIONED HE IS NIGERIAN, HIS WHITE TRAINERS WASH THEIR HAND OFF HIM.

AJ ALSO STARTED TAKING THE NIGERIAN THING TOO FAR, THEY STOP GIVING HIM THE SMALL BOOSTER DRUG THEY GIVE FIGHETRS TO CHEAT THE SYSTEM.

THE DAY AJ FACE FURY, HE SHOULD BE SURE OF ONE THING, HE IS A NIGERIAN ONLY.

ALL THE BRITISH AND WHITE WILL SUPPORT FURY.

SO HE WILL LOSE.

IF I WAS AJ, I WONT FACE FURY.

Thank God you're not AJ, fear fear man.

1 Like

Re: Tyson Fury Defeats Deontay Wilder In Thrilling Fight With Five Knockdowns by Judolisco(m): 12:00pm On Oct 10, 2021
salford:

he wasn't avoiding Fury. Fury had to complete the trilogy and AJ was mandated to fight usyk
now he has a rematch with usyk right? If he had won his match against usyk then he will have to face fury next
Re: Tyson Fury Defeats Deontay Wilder In Thrilling Fight With Five Knockdowns by TheGift: 12:12pm On Oct 10, 2021
Amiteye:
fury says he his more nigerian than Anthony Joshua. and maybe that whole lot

Lol, that’s interesting.
Re: Tyson Fury Defeats Deontay Wilder In Thrilling Fight With Five Knockdowns by Allocsoluwatosi(m): 12:15pm On Oct 10, 2021
laivwire:

Which AJ? undecided

The showboat who desperately hangs on to belts and refuses to face tough opponents. He holds 3 belts and is not even rated as No. 2 or 3. I beg your pardon but Aj is not a true boxer. Usyk will beat him in the re-up and he stands absolutely no chance against Tyson, Wilder or Whyte. He'll be knocked down in all of the 3 fights.

This fight was a classic example of what heavyweight boxing is all about. Both fighters gave their all in the ring as it was an endgame. Wilder is a one trick pony and as soon as he is unravelled, he goes down. He tires out easily and gets frustrated once he goes past Round 5 without scoring a knockout. By Round 5, he was already flat footed.

Tyson used this against him by leaning on him placing down his weight and making him tired. He did same in their second fight as well. When Tyson stands after every knockdown, you can see the disappointment on Wilder's face. Tyson has also got good movement, reflexes and can suck up punches quite comfortably. Only a technical, agile boxer like Usyk can topple him and it will be on points
Dyllian Whyte or who? Person wey AJ don flogged
Re: Tyson Fury Defeats Deontay Wilder In Thrilling Fight With Five Knockdowns by Allocsoluwatosi(m): 12:21pm On Oct 10, 2021
SonofDevil:
you lied
1. Tyson was caught using band substances and was stripped of his belts

https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/17677283/tyson-fury-fails-drug-test-positive-result-benzoylecgonine

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/sport/boxing/tyson-fury-stripped-the-ring-magazine-heavyweight-title-belt-comeback-when-where-a8189381.html%3famp

2. You lied again. Tyson and Aj fought wladmir klitchko 15months apart and wlad has passed his prime but still a top fighter .he fought fury at 39yrs and Aj at 41yrs.
Wlad was undefeated in his prime for 11years.

3. Fury is a good fighter no doubt he has the best technical skills in heavyweight boxing but not a good puncher. He has been down more than aj in his entire career thats a fact.
Fury has never defended his titles or fought mandatories in his entire career until yesterday.even though he tried to run from it until wilder went to court.
Fury needs to start beating top ten fighters like dylian whyte, joseph parker e.t.c
But he flogged Whyte now or was it Derek?
Re: Tyson Fury Defeats Deontay Wilder In Thrilling Fight With Five Knockdowns by SonofDevil: 12:22pm On Oct 10, 2021
Allocsoluwatosi:
But he flogged Whyte now or was it Derek?
it was derek chisora the chronic looser
Re: Tyson Fury Defeats Deontay Wilder In Thrilling Fight With Five Knockdowns by Starz825(m): 12:35pm On Oct 10, 2021
endsarrrs:

everybody wan claim naija now that the best fighters in the world are
nigerian
1-anthony joshua
2-israel adesanya
3-kamaru usman
4-efe ajagba
5-deontay wilder

HEAVEN4444 com and eat your poo
Deon na Nigerian
Re: Tyson Fury Defeats Deontay Wilder In Thrilling Fight With Five Knockdowns by sonofElElyon: 12:44pm On Oct 10, 2021
Semaj77:

Power and raw strenght
Strong chin - the only reference to a strong chin is because he got up from a hit from Wilder who has been labelled wrongly as the hardest hitter of this generation , Wilders punch is measured at 927 while Ruiz is measured at 967 ( or something in that range ). I put it to you that if Fury had received the same punch AJ got from Ruiz he would have been out cold.
Talking about stamina , Ruiz has much more stamina than Fury , he hardly gets knocked down and if he does he isn't even flustered , look at his second fight with AJ and you'll see just how hard it is for AJ to knock him down even with a cut to the upper eyelid.
Determination and heart I may not argue that
Skillwise , I'll say he has sufficient skill to see him through with most fighters in this era

Overall I won't tip him totally to beat AJ but it could swing either way , for Ruiz , I still maintain that his only chance of beating him is to adopt the same tactic AJ used in his second fight against Ruiz - jab and run. Ruiz is a tough nut to crack and people usually underrate him

So you believe Ruiz has a chance to defeat Fury... Absolutely impossible... Did you watch Ruiz' last fight which happened not long ago? Nothing impressive about it. He won simply because he hit his opponent's shoulder which affected his ability to throw punches at Ruiz.
Fury would beat Ruiz and it won't go the distance.
Joshua can't stand toe to toe with a brawler and slug it out which is why he kept running away from Ruiz. Fury is a brawler and his long reach is a huge advantage.. he also hits hard. Mark my words.. all things being equal, Fury will unify all the heavyweight belts.. but only if he stays focused and disciplined
Re: Tyson Fury Defeats Deontay Wilder In Thrilling Fight With Five Knockdowns by paulolee(m): 1:15pm On Oct 10, 2021
Numerouno94:

Remember say i bn tell u then say Wilder na scam. Na cherry picking him dey do.

Fury na heavyweight King no doubt. Abeg make Usyk Submit those belts give Fury sharply. grin
yeah....I remember those cherry picking lines my gee....na now understand better

1 Like

Re: Tyson Fury Defeats Deontay Wilder In Thrilling Fight With Five Knockdowns by paulolee(m): 1:19pm On Oct 10, 2021
ThEGodFaThEr106:

Keep quiet, Usyk is no match for Fury. Fury will beat all the heavyweights today hands down as long as he's in great shape.
voice ur opinion without insults na...who believe say usyk go beat Aj??
I used d word may, meaning its probability n with fixing...anything can happen...
Re: Tyson Fury Defeats Deontay Wilder In Thrilling Fight With Five Knockdowns by Tayorshd2(m): 1:38pm On Oct 10, 2021
Kachi4christ:

I dont think AJ can stop fury ...it's a fairy tale...

Fury is still the gypsy kind cos AJ performance against Usyk have said it all
Re: Tyson Fury Defeats Deontay Wilder In Thrilling Fight With Five Knockdowns by AuroraB(f): 1:45pm On Oct 10, 2021
HEAVEN4444:
yes. edo heritage
Wow shocked
Them beat us true true niyen cheesy
This time, Buhari no touch him belt undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Tyson Fury Defeats Deontay Wilder In Thrilling Fight With Five Knockdowns by Eriokanmi: 1:47pm On Oct 10, 2021
KingAttitude:

• Israel Adesanya.
• Anthony Joshua.
• Efe Ajagba.
• Deontay Wilder.
Na all Nigerians oo. Wilder had Nigeria( Edo roots) . Google is your friend. But you know know what? We will bounce back
Re: Tyson Fury Defeats Deontay Wilder In Thrilling Fight With Five Knockdowns by princesuko(m): 1:49pm On Oct 10, 2021
laivwire:

Which AJ? undecided

The showboat who desperately hangs on to belts and refuses to face tough opponents. He holds 3 belts and is not even rated as No. 2 or 3. I beg your pardon but Aj is not a true boxer. Usyk will beat him in the re-up and he stands absolutely no chance against Tyson, Wilder or Whyte. He'll be knocked down in all of the 3 fights.

This is absolutely untrue, so many fallacy conjured up in this first paragraph i didn't bother reading through.

1) AJ and whyte fought when they were both unbeaten and AJ absolutely destroyed him. So why does he not have a chance against somebody he obviously has his number?

2) AJ has the better resume out of any current heavyweight fighter out there. The only person of Note fury fought was Wlad and had 3 fights with a bum Wilder who won only 2 rounds in the previous 19 rounds they had before today. Hell even old man Ortiz was destroying wilder before he got saved by the right overhand

3) Show me a better resume than this:
Wlad
Potvekin
Whyte
Parker
Ruiz
Usky
Meanwhile, Fury struggled against Otto bumming Wallin!!

4) AJ has never refused a fight, he has fought all his mandatory thus far. Eddie Hearn offered Wilder a match up but he instead refused and ran to pick what he thought would be an easy win against Out of shape Fury. grin grin
Re: Tyson Fury Defeats Deontay Wilder In Thrilling Fight With Five Knockdowns by Livelystone01: 2:21pm On Oct 10, 2021
Blaksheep:
Wilder lost but he got my respect. He seriously needs a new trainer. You can’t keep throwing heavy punches every time and missing. He couldn't even block and defend simple jabs. Throwing left hook wen u are suppose to throw a jab is a big red flag.

How will u fight for 11 rounds without throwing a single combination. And also ur opponent landing over 80% of his punches.. both jabs and heavy punches.

Get a new trainer champ... den u good.
Your statement underrates Fury.
He is technically gifted, he knows how to dodge punches and he is the master of jabs. How you expect Wilder to win Fury without knocking him out is still a mystery to me.
None of the heavyweight boxers as at today can out punch Fury, none! He's fast with his jabs and very skillful in his dodges.

Wilder knows that his only hope of winning Fury is by knocking him out, that's why he was always throwing power punches and hooks when there were opening for jabs. Besides, Fury knows how to create an opening for a jab so he can get you closer for his own fast jabs.

The only person who has given Fury a run for his money on technical ability has been Klitschko, the others of today are fighting like women in an heavyweight division that was usually known for either power or skills.

Try watch Fury's fights and you will see that he fights like the gypsy that he is.

His father is also another bloody street fighter too, though he's not a boxer.
Re: Tyson Fury Defeats Deontay Wilder In Thrilling Fight With Five Knockdowns by OmoAkin85: 2:26pm On Oct 10, 2021
SonofDevil:
i still believed usyk win was fixed.
A lot of boxing casuals dont know Aj whopped fury ass in sparring. cheesy
Exactly i watch best of joshua and the best of fury .my brother i doubt if joshua is going to be easy for fury..till dat day may God keep us alive .am going to bet on joshua like never before
Re: Tyson Fury Defeats Deontay Wilder In Thrilling Fight With Five Knockdowns by Semaj77(m): 2:32pm On Oct 10, 2021
sonofElElyon:

So you believe Ruiz has a chance to defeat Fury... Absolutely impossible... Did you watch Ruiz' last fight which happened not long ago? Nothing impressive about it. He won simply because he hit his opponent's shoulder which affected his ability to throw punches at Ruiz.
Fury would beat Ruiz and it won't go the distance.
Joshua can't stand toe to toe with a brawler and slug it out which is why he kept running away from Ruiz. Fury is a brawler and his long reach is a huge advantage.. he also hits hard. Mark my words.. all things being equal, Fury will unify all the heavyweight belts.. but only if he stays focused and disciplined

I'll say it again , if he attempts to brawl with Ruiz he'll lose , his chance to win him is to shave points off him with his reach , Fury doesn't have the stamina , endurance and strength to brawl with Ruiz
Re: Tyson Fury Defeats Deontay Wilder In Thrilling Fight With Five Knockdowns by Flashh: 2:34pm On Oct 10, 2021
Wilder and Fury are both different boxers; one boxing skills has a huge advantage over the other.

Wilder will always have a big problem facing Fury anytime, if he don't get a better trainer and change that his mentality of knocking people out like he's facing an amateur. He doesn't want to go toe-toe to win a fight. He's always on the verge to finish a fight at the go, which won't work against Fury with punching endurance and stamina.

I have always supported him to win, but nigga needs stamina to take jabs and punches from big opponents to be a better boxer and a dominator.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich Relinquishes Stewardship Of Club / Mikel Obi Posts Fake Ruben Neves Quote On Instagram, Gets Mocked / Jose Mourinho Unveils Tattoo Paying Homage To Man Utd, Roma And Inter Milan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.