Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,026 members, 7,799,502 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:50 PM

Why Do Many People Fear Death? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Many People Fear Death? (14477 Views)

Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? / Why Do People Fear Man Rather Than God? / Why Do People Fear Celestial Church People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by Legalcriminal: 11:08am On Oct 10, 2021
K
Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by UDUJ(m): 11:08am On Oct 10, 2021
Omooba77:
Why do many people fear death? Death is just transition from one realm to another, if you have Jesus, going to heaven should be a thing of joy.

Death is the fear many join occultism, doing rituals and so on.

Fear of the unknown.

We've been bombarded with so many religions and their beliefs, that we don't know who to believe anymore.

We don't know if there really is a heaven or a hell of everlasting torment. No one wants to find out which is which undecided

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by Dranoid: 11:08am On Oct 10, 2021
What happens after you die us unknown and unverified

Humans fear the unknown and that fear also extends to death

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by Expensive2000(m): 11:09am On Oct 10, 2021
Will you like to die now?
Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by Arizonaz: 11:09am On Oct 10, 2021
No be when you never attain your potential.
Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by NaijaCover(m): 11:10am On Oct 10, 2021
Many people are sinner's, that's why they fear death

1 Like

Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by wfchris042(m): 11:10am On Oct 10, 2021
This a very silly question he said the fact so why the silly question I think you IQ is very low like that of a 6months child angry
Ammishaddai:
What's your proof that suggests this ? Or can you prove the evidences of dreams...? Mtchwww

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by femi4: 11:12am On Oct 10, 2021
Omooba77:
Why do many people fear death? Death is just transition from one realm to another, if you have Jesus, going to heaven should be a thing of joy.

When you have many dependants and you know they can't get help elsewhere, death go fear you

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by Rey33: 11:12am On Oct 10, 2021
SSIPON:
There is no evidence that death is a transition.
Wishful thinking led to this.
I don't think you would even know that you are dead.
Let me share a short Parable with you...
In a mother’s womb were two babies. The first baby asked the other: “Do you believe in life after delivery?” The second baby replied, “Why, of course. There has to be something after delivery. Maybe we are here to prepare ourselves for what we will be later.” “Nonsense,” said the first. “There is no life after delivery. What would that life be?” “I don’t know, but there will be more light than here. Maybe we will walk with our legs and eat from our mouths.” The doubting baby laughed. “This is absurd! Walking is impossible. And eat with our mouths? Ridiculous. The umbilical cord supplies nutrition. Life after delivery is to be excluded. The umbilical cord is too short.” The second baby held his ground. “I think there is something and maybe it’s different than it is here.” The first baby replied, “No one has ever come back from there. Delivery is the end of life, and in the after-delivery it is nothing but darkness and anxiety and it takes us nowhere.” “Well, I don’t know,” said the twin, “but certainly we will see mother and she will take care of us.” “Mother?” The first baby guffawed. “You believe in mother? Where is she now?” The second baby calmly and patiently tried to explain. “She is all around us. It is in her that we live. Without her there would not be this world.” “Ha. I don’t see her, so it’s only logical that she doesn’t exist.” To which the other replied, “Sometimes when you’re in silence you can hear her, you can perceive her. I believe there is a reality after delivery and we are here to prepare ourselves for that reality when it comes….”

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by gabicon: 11:13am On Oct 10, 2021
Omooba77:

Everyone has a purpose, until we maximise that purpose, there is a void in our hearts, fear resides in that void. We basically know we have not fulfilled purpose and we desire more time.

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by Limassol(m): 11:13am On Oct 10, 2021
Not everyone fear death, i for one don't - but that dosen't mean i should put myself in harms way.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by ignis: 11:14am On Oct 10, 2021
SSIPON:

Don't worry, when you die and go to hell fire, reality will dawn on you.... But then it's too late.
Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:14am On Oct 10, 2021
UDUJ:

Fear of the unknown.

We've been bombarded with so many religions and their beliefs, that we don't know who to believe anymore.

We don't know if there really is a heaven or a hell of everlasting torment. No one wants to find out which is which undecided

So the fear remains and continues in force.
Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by Jogunomi1: 11:14am On Oct 10, 2021
Omooba77:

Not just death.

You can go mad, and become an object of ridicule.

Enemies will laugh at you for many years.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by AchalugoNwa(f): 11:15am On Oct 10, 2021
because unlike sleep there's no second chance
there's no coming back
once you're dead
you're dead forever and food for termites
the taught alone is fearful
Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by Moony45: 11:16am On Oct 10, 2021
Thats the problem you have when you copy and paste people's posts
Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by harbarzzy(m): 11:16am On Oct 10, 2021
Omooba77:

why do churches pray not to die?
Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by BullyBullies: 11:16am On Oct 10, 2021
SSIPON:

Ignorance? Sorry even a cursory Google search could have saved you from embarrassing yourself like this. Dreams are caused by brain activity. It's been proven. Read the text below and strip yourself of ignorance.

Dreams most likely happen during REM sleep.

There are five phases of sleep in a sleep cycle:

Stage 1: Light sleep, slow eye movement, and reduced muscle activity. This stage forms 4 to 5 percent of total sleep.

Stage 2: Eye movement stops and brain waves become slower, with occasional bursts of rapid waves called sleep spindles. This stage forms 45 to 55 percent of total sleep.

Stage 3: Extremely slow brain waves called delta waves begin to appear, interspersed with smaller, faster waves. This accounts for 4 to 6 percent of total sleep.

Stage 4: The brain produces delta waves almost exclusively. It is difficult to wake someone during stages 3 and 4, which together are called “deep sleep.” There is no eye movement or muscle activity. People awakened while in deep sleep do not adjust immediately and often feel disoriented for several minutes after waking up. This forms 12 to 15 percent of total sleep.

Stage 5: This stage is known as rapid eye movement (REM). Breathing becomes more rapid, irregular, and shallow, eyes jerk rapidly in various directions, and limb muscles become temporarily paralyzed. Heart rate increases, blood pressure rises, and males develop penile erections. When people awaken during REM sleep, they often describe bizarre and illogical tales. These are dreams. This stage accounts for 20 to 25 percent of total sleep time.

Neuroscience offers explanations linked to the rapid eye movement (REM) phase of sleep as a likely candidate for the cause of dreaming.

Even the guys that did the research you are referring to were confused and 2 of them have given their lives to Christ. Don't be gullible !

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by sylve11: 11:16am On Oct 10, 2021
SSIPON:

Ignorance? Sorry even a cursory Google search could have saved you from embarrassing yourself like this. Dreams are caused by brain activity. It's been proven. Read the text below and strip yourself of ignorance.

Dreams most likely happen during REM sleep.

There are five phases of sleep in a sleep cycle:

Stage 1: Light sleep, slow eye movement, and reduced muscle activity. This stage forms 4 to 5 percent of total sleep.

Stage 2: Eye movement stops and brain waves become slower, with occasional bursts of rapid waves called sleep spindles. This stage forms 45 to 55 percent of total sleep.

Stage 3: Extremely slow brain waves called delta waves begin to appear, interspersed with smaller, faster waves. This accounts for 4 to 6 percent of total sleep.

Stage 4: The brain produces delta waves almost exclusively. It is difficult to wake someone during stages 3 and 4, which together are called “deep sleep.” There is no eye movement or muscle activity. People awakened while in deep sleep do not adjust immediately and often feel disoriented for several minutes after waking up. This forms 12 to 15 percent of total sleep.

Stage 5: This stage is known as rapid eye movement (REM). Breathing becomes more rapid, irregular, and shallow, eyes jerk rapidly in various directions, and limb muscles become temporarily paralyzed. Heart rate increases, blood pressure rises, and males develop penile erections. When people awaken during REM sleep, they often describe bizarre and illogical tales. These are dreams. This stage accounts for 20 to 25 percent of total sleep time.

Neuroscience offers explanations linked to the rapid eye movement (REM) phase of sleep as a likely candidate for the cause of dreaming.

interesting.............. cool

1 Like

Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by aywhy93(m): 11:16am On Oct 10, 2021
Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by Laggatumuch(m): 11:16am On Oct 10, 2021
Believe in God , love your neighbor as yourself , I mean do good to all men till the day your dinner (death) is served. But greed and wickedness will not allow us do the right thing.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by Sammyklever(m): 11:17am On Oct 10, 2021
Cause we all want to enjoy life
...real men get in here.....i Have a natural solution to your one minute problem as a man
It can save you of bedroom embarrassment

Check out my profile
Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by Elock1: 11:17am On Oct 10, 2021
Ammishaddai:
Let me ask you something similar. Is there evidence that suggests the existence of dreams ?
oga what are you even saying?

The time we realise that religion is a piece to control the mind.. The better for everyone.

When we die we go to heaven, but which heaven exactly.

That of the Christians, Buddhist, moslem, Taoist, there are so many.. So which one exactly

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by aktolly54(m): 11:18am On Oct 10, 2021
Op who tell you everyone fear death? Help me secure job at US marine and see if I won't take it. I don't care if US send me go Iraq ,as long as no be only me dey go there. I dont have issue. The only problem is am afraid of died for nothing/Nigeria useless country.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by Davefed(m): 11:20am On Oct 10, 2021
SSIPON:
. Is their evidence that death isn't transition?
Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by CALCULUS16: 11:20am On Oct 10, 2021
chatinent:
You aren't going to another realm. You cease to exist!

And if I may ask, what will those who go to heaven do?
they are singing in heaven with angels and moving about in white robes with wings cheesy
Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by Johel(m): 11:21am On Oct 10, 2021
Omooba77:

Tbh...I've never feared death for ones... everyday I wake, I'm always ready for the best or for the worst...It's just a transition from the physical to the spiritual...we just gota pray for a good death and not a shameful one.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by hansomb: 11:21am On Oct 10, 2021
None of you should wish for death because of a calamity that has afflicted him, but if he must do something he should say: O Allah, keep me alive so long as life is good for me and cause me to die if death is better for me. (Source: Sahih Bukhari 5437, Grade: Sahih)

Every soul will taste death, and you will only be given your [full] compensation on the Day of Resurrection. So he who is drawn away from the Fire and admitted to Paradise has attained [his desire]. And what is the life of this world except the enjoyment of delusion.

(Surah Al-Imran Verse 185)

Let none of you wish for death. If he is righteous then he might increase his good deeds, and if he is sinful then he might repent. (Source: Sahih Bukhari 6808, Grade: Sahih)

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by xeratech: 11:21am On Oct 10, 2021
Omooba77:

What if I tell you I slapped Jesus last Wednesday and nothing happened cool

I mean Gabriel Jesus the man city striker wink

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by LordReed(m): 11:22am On Oct 10, 2021
Omooba77:

It represents the only outcome anyone has yet to narrate. It is frightening in its finality with no chance for a do over. Every living thing naturally recoils from it because we have been conditioned to seek survival.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by Walkee: 11:22am On Oct 10, 2021
esmarcq:
Imagine working your ass off your whole life, and when it's time to reap thee harvest death comes, your struggle becomes pointless, death itself is not what one fears
even if your enjoyed your loots once you die, none of it will matter since you will most likely rotting underground with zero knowledge of what happened when you were alive
Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by Befii: 11:23am On Oct 10, 2021
Nt every person fears that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Today Is Christ The King Sunday / Why Are You An Atheist? / Rev. Chris Okotie’s Got A Love Child After 3 Abortions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.