Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,897 members, 7,798,990 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:31 PM

Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered (34821 Views)

Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven / Mama @ 60: 20 Facts About Bishop David And Faith Oyedepo That You Didn't Know / Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered by Trumann: 11:40am On Oct 11, 2021
Fahdiga:
Shatap

How far? Wetin be scores today? How many people UGM don fall today?
Re: Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered by Fahdiga(m): 11:57am On Oct 11, 2021
Trumann:

How far? Wetin be scores today? How many people UGM don fall today?
I should be asking you this cos you seem to know too much about what is going on in the east

1 Like

Re: Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered by numericalguy(m): 12:09pm On Oct 11, 2021
Pandora Oyedepo

Same thing Pandora. Peter Obi did.

1 Like

Re: Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered by Trumann: 12:15pm On Oct 11, 2021
Fahdiga:
I should be asking you this cos you seem to know too much about what is going on in the east

Ask your fathers who can't go to market and are cowering under their beds.

For me, nothing is happening in the East. Everything is okay and it should remain so. grin
Re: Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered by GrammarChecker: 12:36pm On Oct 11, 2021

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered by Temidayo698(m): 2:36pm On Oct 11, 2021
HigherEd:
I'm back from Church, and I find myself laughing as people on nairaland are claiming that I am a PR person for Bishop Oyedepo and expect I would soon be back with a rebuttal. I wasn't intending any rebuttal before, as I am not a PR person for the living faith church. But I would do this in defense of the gospel because a non credible attack against one of Nigeria's most credible churches is unacceptable.

I think many of us generally get carried away with headlines and forget the substance of an article before rushing to comment.

I have gone through the entire article and I haven't seen anything indicting of the Oyedepo family. But I would address four observations from the article itself and from the surrounding comments.

Why Should Oyedepo Or Living Faith Avoid Taxes By Setting Up Offshore Accounts Giving The Bible Verse "Give Unto Ceasar What Is Unto Ceasar"?

1) For all the businesses the living faith church operates in Nigeria pays taxes to the Nigerian government. This includes the publishing business, and the other taxable constituent businesses around the universities which includes the microfinance banks, water and beverage factories, farms etc.

2) There are over 200 nations on earth eligible to receive taxes. So British Islands is also 'ceasar'. Every nation has the responsibility to make themselves tax attractive to welcome foreign investment and Oyedepo and his family are just as eligible as anyone else to search for better priced tax opportunities for their personal or ministry benefit.

Is Living Faith Investment Carriage A Secret?

Inside the Mantle book and under the finance section of the living faith church details to great extent the administrative procedure for the church, it is well cited that the living faith church can maintain asset management to protect the church's income. Or did you expect the church to warehouse millions of dollars with banks who would live large on the proceeds and expose the hard earned income of worshippers to inflation even before the church uses it?

Are Oyedepo's Universities The Most Expensive In Nigeria As Claimed By The Article?

We all know this to be untrue. The Living Faith university system runs one of the most pocket friendly private universities in Nigeria when comapred to secular varsities of equal standing. There's nothing unusual about the price of Living faith schools.

I suspect that the addition of this claim was just to make Oyedepo look further bad and horrible.

Does Living Faith Maintain Four Jets?

This is another claim that has been debunked several times by Leke Beecroft of Church gist and many others who cared to explain.
The living faith church has used four to five planes in the past to convey its church leadership. It regularly sells her older planes to buy new ones. Currently, the church uses more of its helicopter to shuffle the church leadership and that of the RCCG around the country. While deemphasizing on the use of the private jet.

However, the article presented it as though the living faith church maintains an active fleet of four jets on standby in a futile attempt to further make the church appear greedy and evil.

Bross your head dey there sir!

Some people out of ignorance think everyone mentioned in the Pandora article is a criminal when actually, most of these people are simply people who understand the tax game and play it well.

But when you go deeper, you will find that the angry people are only angry because they don't know how to play the tax game (I.e. uneducated entrepreneurs) or they cannot play the task game (I.e. employees and career people).
grin cheesy

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered by jozz(m): 2:44pm On Oct 11, 2021
studentofTruth:
Can someone help me understand this thing I have observed about Christians and the Christian God:

Why is it that it's the healthy who apparently have no need for miracles that give testimonies of miracles, while those who are actually sick and in real need of the miracles don't get them?

Those amputees in Igbobi are desperately yearning and praying for miracles but don't get them.

Believe me, you have answered your question

Is that how the Christian God operate? Abandon those in need and have the apparently healthy manufacture miraculous stories!
Re: Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered by jozz(m): 2:45pm On Oct 11, 2021
studentofTruth:
Can someone help me understand this thing I have observed about Christians and the Christian God:

Why is it that it's the healthy who apparently have no need for miracles that give testimonies of miracles, while those who are actually sick and in real need of the miracles don't get them?

Those amputees in Igbobi are desperately yearning and praying for miracles but don't get them.

Is that how the Christian God operate? Abandon those in need and have the apparently healthy manufacture miraculous stories!

Believe me, you have answered your question
Re: Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered by 9inches(m): 2:54pm On Oct 11, 2021
studentofTruth:
Can someone help me understand this thing I have observed about Christians and the Christian God: Why is it that it's the healthy who apparently have no need for miracles that give testimonies of miracles, while those who are actually sick and in real need of the miracles don't get them? Those amputees in Igbobi are desperately yearning and praying for miracles but don't get them. Is that how the Christian God operate? Abandon those in need and have the apparently healthy manufacture miraculous stories!

The people you listen to do not know what a miracle is.
Re: Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered by Rebuke: 3:19pm On Oct 11, 2021
SSIPON:

Get some anger management lessons. How old are you? 12?
Anyways, I am just pointing out the obvious. You are an uncultured swine who hates been called out.
Kids these days are something else smh.

Yhu need to go and have yhur head checked. It's either yhu are high on some cheap drugs or yhu are just incredibly stup1d.

Yhu came here throwing insults and yhu turned around to preach anger management? Yhu must be schizophrenic or something.

Btw, how old yhu? If yhu are above 30 yhu should please bow yhur head and cover yhur face in shame for been so slow. Nonsense old man
Re: Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered by Fahdiga(m): 3:35pm On Oct 11, 2021
Trumann:

Ask your fathers who can't go to market and are cowering under their beds.

For me, nothing is happening in the East. Everything is okay and it should remain so. grin
Trash
Re: Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered by OgeFather(m): 4:35pm On Oct 11, 2021
Sagefromtheeast:

Nobody owes you any explanation on these things.
Just keep thinking what you please, enjoy your fool's paradise

At Least say something useful before parading your stupidity here. I was only talking to someone who had something to say about that topic
Re: Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered by OgeFather(m): 4:36pm On Oct 11, 2021
monsterseed:
oga go mk ur findings n stop asking useless question.

Your very stupid, did I mention your families name here
Re: Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered by SSIPON(m): 4:41pm On Oct 11, 2021
Rebuke:

Yhu need to go and have yhur head checked. It's either yhu are high on some cheap drugs or yhu are just incredibly stup1d.

Yhu came here throwing insults and yhu turned around to preach anger management? Yhu must be schizophrenic or something.

Btw, how old yhu? If yhu are above 30 yhu should please bow yhur head and cover yhur face in shame for been so slow. Nonsense old man

Lol, this was my initial comment.
I'm sorry any church that has politicians pandering around them, is fraudulent.

And this was your reply.
Crawl back into yhur dirty hole and continue wailing. Who ever told yhu yhur opinion matters has deceived yhu big time.

You be the honest judge, who started disrespecting who? And who needs anger management?
You play stupid games, you win stupid prizes. I only treated you with the same attitude with which you treated me. I don mark your moniker. You see this website, just never in your life quote me especially if you are going to do it disrespectfully.

Again, I am saying this to you, I no dey fear you, if you like be foaming in the mouth like a rabid dog, but I will still say what I want to say, your parents did a poor job at training you.

1 Like

Re: Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered by LordReed(m): 4:52pm On Oct 11, 2021
studentofTruth:

No, no, baba is not one of those Jesus is coming soon preachers. Baba is is a realist, which is why I like him. His central theme is Making Heaven on Earth. He doesn't lie about it as you can see already!

The question is does he believe Jesus is coming soon or not.

1 Like

Re: Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered by KingOfAmebo(m): 5:11pm On Oct 11, 2021
HigherEd:
I'm back from Church, and I find myself laughing as people on nairaland are claiming that I am a PR person for Bishop Oyedepo and expect I would soon be back with a rebuttal. I wasn't intending any rebuttal before, as I am not a PR person for the living faith church. But I would do this in defense of the gospel because a non credible attack against one of Nigeria's most credible churches is unacceptable.

I think many of us generally get carried away with headlines and forget the substance of an article before rushing to comment.

I have gone through the entire article and I haven't seen anything indicting of the Oyedepo family. But I would address four observations from the article itself and from the surrounding comments.

Why Should Oyedepo Or Living Faith Avoid Taxes By Setting Up Offshore Accounts Giving The Bible Verse "Give Unto Ceasar What Is Unto Ceasar"?

1) For all the businesses the living faith church operates in Nigeria pays taxes to the Nigerian government. This includes the publishing business, and the other taxable constituent businesses around the universities which includes the microfinance banks, water and beverage factories, farms etc.

2) There are over 200 nations on earth eligible to receive taxes. So British Islands is also 'ceasar'. Every nation has the responsibility to make themselves tax attractive to welcome foreign investment and Oyedepo and his family are just as eligible as anyone else to search for better priced tax opportunities for their personal or ministry benefit.

Is Living Faith Investment Carriage A Secret?

Inside the Mantle book and under the finance section of the living faith church details to great extent the administrative procedure for the church, it is well cited that the living faith church can maintain asset management to protect the church's income. Or did you expect the church to warehouse millions of dollars with banks who would live large on the proceeds and expose the hard earned income of worshippers to inflation even before the church uses it?

Are Oyedepo's Universities The Most Expensive In Nigeria As Claimed By The Article?

We all know this to be untrue. The Living Faith university system runs one of the most pocket friendly private universities in Nigeria when comapred to secular varsities of equal standing. There's nothing unusual about the price of Living faith schools.

I suspect that the addition of this claim was just to make Oyedepo look further bad and horrible.

Does Living Faith Maintain Four Jets?

This is another claim that has been debunked several times by Leke Beecroft of Church gist and many others who cared to explain.
The living faith church has used four to five planes in the past to convey its church leadership. It regularly sells her older planes to buy new ones. Currently, the church uses more of its helicopter to shuffle the church leadership and that of the RCCG around the country. While deemphasizing on the use of the private jet.

However, the article presented it as though the living faith church maintains an active fleet of four jets on standby in a futile attempt to further make the church appear greedy and evil.

"It baffles me you think everyone is stupid and you are the only sensible person alive, it also baffles me that you choose to twist facts to defend Oyedepo yet claim you are doing this for the Gospel.

Just because there are so many dumb people cowed into believing "Everything Oyedepo Says Or Do Is Perfectly Justified" doesn't mean the few sensible ones don't see this as a pure joke.

Now back to the topic, You claim "There are over 200 nations on earth eligible to receive taxes", You need to ask yourself this question, Why would the Oyedepo you are defending now choose to do this in secrecy even without the knowledge of his Church? Obviously, He chooses to give unto caesar in secret, If not for the Pandora Papers your likes wouldn't get hold of this secret.

Isn't it ironic that he owns a well known business empire here and around the world but he chose to open "Secret Offshore Businesses"....Keep fooling yourselves". - Village People spokesperson.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered by studentofTruth: 5:52pm On Oct 11, 2021
9inches:

The people you listen to do not know what a miracle is.
Tell us what it is and sho proof.
Re: Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered by driand(m): 6:51pm On Oct 11, 2021
TinubuGoQuench:

YOU ARE NOT A CHRISTIAN
fvck off
Re: Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered by driand(m): 6:53pm On Oct 11, 2021
choice17:

He is a yahoo, because of what sir?
my opinion is mine, thank you sir!

1 Like

Re: Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered by 9inches(m): 7:55pm On Oct 11, 2021
studentofTruth:

Tell us what it is and sho proof.

A miracle is an event that occurs in nature but has a cause lying outside nature, that is, a supernatural cause. An example is the creation of the natural/physical world or the universe.
Re: Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered by budaatum: 10:30pm On Oct 11, 2021
If Jesus hid money offshore, Judas would be messiah.

Funny thing is, Judas messiahs, Lol..

We see how saved you is.

Re: Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered by elyonchee(f): 8:00am On Oct 12, 2021
Myself2:

My question was directed at the earlier poster that referred to Pandora as if it was a country or location.
yeah I was also referring to him too.

1 Like

Re: Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered by Nobody: 9:28am On Jan 08, 2022
Rebuke:
Whatever yhu people want to believe feel free to believe it.

Yhu can't stop the man from rising daily while yhu continue to wail and wallow in poverty.

Wail on.
LOL. But his members are wailing and wallowing in poverty too.

Lack of basic necessities from the government is a bitch, you believe you have to pay pastors tithe to make it life.

hahahahahaha

Lmao!
Re: Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered by Rebuke: 11:04am On Jan 08, 2022
Bobmarie:
LOL. But his members are wailing and wallowing in poverty too.

Lack of basic necessities from the government is a bitch, you believe you have to pay pastors tithe to make it life.

hahahahahaha

Lmao!

Enjoy yhur ignorance......
Re: Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jan 08, 2022
Rebuke:

Enjoy yhur ignorance......

I’ll never stop laughing at poor people enriching rich people. If you call that ignorance, then ignorant I am!
Re: Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered by Rebuke: 1:32pm On Jan 08, 2022
Bobmarie:
I’ll never stop laughing at poor people enriching rich people. If you call that ignorance, then ignorant I am!

That's exactly what a fool will think. I am super sure I can feed 10 of yhur types, I legit don't know who yhu refer to as being poor.

Yhu better take yhur foolishness out of my way!
Re: Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jan 08, 2022
Rebuke:

That's exactly what a fool will think. I am super sure I can feed 10 of yhur types, I legit don't know who yhu refer to as being poor.

Yhu better take yhur foolishness out of my way!
LOL. You cannot feed me Mr Man because food is not my problem in a thousand years. lol.. Please don’t make me laugh. You people in that country refer to wealth then talk about food that even poor people here waste. It’s very embarrassing. Please say something else next time, your Nigerianess is showing.

I didn’t refer to you as poor, I only said ‘Poor people giving their money to pastors will always amuse me’. The guilty runs when no one accused them. grin

Hahahahahah. Who even called you poor? Lmao.
Re: Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered by Rebuke: 6:10pm On Jan 08, 2022
Bobmarie:
LOL. You cannot feed me Mr Man because food is not my problem in a thousand years. lol.. Please don’t make me laugh. You people in that country refer to wealth then talk about food that even poor people here waste. It’s very embarrassing. Please say something else next time, your Nigerianess is showing.

I didn’t refer to you as poor, I only said ‘Poor people giving their money to pastors will always amuse me’. The guilty runs when no one accused them. grin

Hahahahahah. Who even called you poor? Lmao.

I should have ignored yhu from the start.....smh
The more yhu mention me - the more nugatory yhu sound.

Stay away from my mention and keep yhur subterfuge to yhurself and yhur like.
Re: Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jan 08, 2022
Rebuke:

I should have ignored yhu from the start.....smh
The more yhu mention me - the more nugatory yhu sound.

Stay away from my mention and keep yhur subterfuge to yhurself and yhur like.
Unrepentantly asinine.

The average Nigerian. grin
Re: Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered by Rebuke: 8:11pm On Jan 08, 2022
Bobmarie:
Unrepentantly asinine.

The average Nigerian. grin

Dog! Is attention seeking the only thing yhu do for a living? Look who is referring to someone as being asinine undecided

First of all, yhu jumped into my mention and spewed rubbish, ranting incoherently, which obviously shows yhu have comprehension ish..... average Nigerian? Yhu should have even pretended to be reasonable a little, by keeping those yhur filthy fingers from typing rubbish.

I don't blame yhu though, yhur fufu filled brain is the cause. I won't bring myself down to yhur level anymore, just begone -pig.

Yhu are forever ignored. Hope yhu enjoyed the attention.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Biodun Fatoyinbo Poses With A Bike (Photo) / A Compelling Testimony Of The Reality Of Hell Fire / Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Pastor Tolu-Bolaji Dan's Music Studio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.