Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,850 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:29 AM

SA - New Trend Of Men Hiring Expensive Booze In Clubs To Lure Ladies (PIX) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / SA - New Trend Of Men Hiring Expensive Booze In Clubs To Lure Ladies (PIX) (9898 Views)

Tuoyo Cries Out About A Troubling New Trend At Nigerian Nightclubs (pic/video) / Groom Shower: Is This The New Trend Among Husbands-To-Be? (Photo) / Underaged Prostitutes Take Over Zimbabwe Bushes, Lure Passersby For Sex (Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

SA - New Trend Of Men Hiring Expensive Booze In Clubs To Lure Ladies (PIX) by TMKsouth: 1:43pm On Oct 10, 2021
Hired but not drank

It seems some men have found a new way to attract the ladies with perfect photos in South Africa.

They hire expensive alcohol, but do not drink it. And some ladies have fallen for these men, thinking they bought the booze.

Some of the men who spoke to the tabloid Daily Sun newspaper said there was nothing wrong with this as they just wanted to fit in.

A 34-year-old man said they just wanted to be like other men.

“We want to take nice pictures so we can trend. If a lady starts giving us attention because of it, that’s their problem and not ours,” he said.

Another man (31) said he started doing this early this year and has one-night stands every time he leaves groove.

“Yes, I do this to attract the ladies. If someone is an easy target then that’s their problem.”

Asked what he would do if one of the ladies opened the bottle, he said he would leave her with the bill.

“At least we’re honest. I tell them that the booze is not mine and should not be opened, but I’m open to buying her less expensive alcohol,” he said.

One groovist (27) said he once hired four bottles of Veuve Clicquot and told the ladies they couldn’t open them until his friends arrived.

“Shame (showing sympathy) , they waited with their Brutal Fruit until I told them I needed to take the bottles back because my friend was supposed to pay,”

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SA - New Trend Of Men Hiring Expensive Booze In Clubs To Lure Ladies (PIX) by TMKsouth: 1:43pm On Oct 10, 2021
Chicks not impressed

The newspaper also spoke to some ladies who fell for these men.

A 29-year-old woman said: “They’re living a lie. Obviously I’m at groove to have a nice time and if a guy with expensive alcohol keeps winking at me, I’ll give them my attention. It doesn’t mean I’m a magosha (prostitute). I’m there to enjoy myself.”

Another woman (33) said a guy once hired three bottles of Ace of Spades and one bottle of Veuve Clicquot.

But he didn’t tell her they were hired, so he fled when she opened one.

“He said he was going to the toilet and that was the last time I saw him. Luckily, the club manager was understanding and told me it wasn’t the first time such happened.

‘Since then, I don’t even look at people’s tables. I drink my Savanna and mind my own business,” she said.

Another woman (35) said she once went to groove with only 30 rands (750 naira) in her wallet.

As she’s beautiful, she knew she would attract certain men.

“Two guys were sitting with expensive bottles and they invited me to join them.

“They had beers in their hands and when I asked if I could open one of the bottles, they said they were waiting for friends,” she said.

A club manager confirmed they have an alcohol hire service, but if you break the bottle or open it, you pay for it.

He said the hiring prices depended on which bottle you wanted, the more expensive the bottle, the higher the price to hire it.

He said they started from as little as R500 (N12,500)

“We added this to our service last year and it’s been going great so far. There’s nothing wrong with this because it helps some men with self-esteem,” he said.

Re: SA - New Trend Of Men Hiring Expensive Booze In Clubs To Lure Ladies (PIX) by Dshocker(m): 1:46pm On Oct 10, 2021
There are no national that spends more money than Nigerians... That is why Ghana,Benin Republic & South African girls can't get enough of Nigerian men

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: SA - New Trend Of Men Hiring Expensive Booze In Clubs To Lure Ladies (PIX) by pembisco(m): 1:49pm On Oct 10, 2021
Only in SA. Broke guys

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: SA - New Trend Of Men Hiring Expensive Booze In Clubs To Lure Ladies (PIX) by TMKsouth: 1:51pm On Oct 10, 2021
pembisco:
On in SA. Broke guys

Is Nigeria rich undecided? You can't even afford a pint of milk from Shoprite, that's why it packed & left.

No one said SA guys can't afford expensive alcohol. The story is about those who can't.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: SA - New Trend Of Men Hiring Expensive Booze In Clubs To Lure Ladies (PIX) by Belafonte(m): 1:56pm On Oct 10, 2021
A 29-year-old woman said: “They’re living a lie. Obviously I’m at groove to have a nice time and if a guy with expensive alcohol keeps winking at me, I’ll give them my attention. It doesn’t mean I’m a magosha (prostitute). I’m there to enjoy myself.”

My people, if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, what is it please? grin

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SA - New Trend Of Men Hiring Expensive Booze In Clubs To Lure Ladies (PIX) by Belafonte(m): 1:58pm On Oct 10, 2021
Another woman (33) said a guy once hired three bottles of Ace of Spades and one bottle of Veuve Clicquot.
But he didn’t tell her they were hired, so he fled when she opened one.
“He said he was going to the toilet and that was the last time I saw him. Luckily, the club manager was understanding and told me it wasn’t the first time such happened.
‘Since then, I don’t even look at people’s tables. I drink my Savanna and mind my own business,” she said.

Na 33 years old you just begin get sense, wey your mates done born finish dey look forward to grandchildren. Smh

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: SA - New Trend Of Men Hiring Expensive Booze In Clubs To Lure Ladies (PIX) by daddytime(m): 1:59pm On Oct 10, 2021
I want go open shop for one club...lol

3 Likes

Re: SA - New Trend Of Men Hiring Expensive Booze In Clubs To Lure Ladies (PIX) by Righteousness2(m): 2:02pm On Oct 10, 2021
Beware of the Craftiness of the devil!

All he is after is giving young men and women ideas and actions that will keep them Perpetually and Permanently in the mud of Iniquity and Sin.
All he is after is your soul to be with him in Hell.

Run away from all Nonsense that those not add to the safety of your soul in Eternity.

1 Like

Re: SA - New Trend Of Men Hiring Expensive Booze In Clubs To Lure Ladies (PIX) by posty56: 2:05pm On Oct 10, 2021
this what happens when you like frivolities tell me how alcohol go they attract person ?

7 Likes

Re: SA - New Trend Of Men Hiring Expensive Booze In Clubs To Lure Ladies (PIX) by JaceBlaze: 2:26pm On Oct 10, 2021
It's not new,it's been happening.Those are the same guys who rock fake Gucci's and Versace's.

1 Like

Re: SA - New Trend Of Men Hiring Expensive Booze In Clubs To Lure Ladies (PIX) by TMKsouth: 2:30pm On Oct 10, 2021
JaceBlaze:
It's not new,it's been happening.Those are the same guys who rock fake Gucci's and Versace's.

We get those types all over the whole world. But I knew even makoko slum residents were gonna take cheap shots at SA men.

2 Likes

Re: SA - New Trend Of Men Hiring Expensive Booze In Clubs To Lure Ladies (PIX) by JaceBlaze: 3:12pm On Oct 10, 2021
TMKsouth:

We get those types all over the whole world. But I knew even makoko slum residents were gonna take cheap shots at SA men.

True even the so called celebrities lease Maybachs they can't afford.Makoko residents are actually the biggest posers ever.

3 Likes

Re: SA - New Trend Of Men Hiring Expensive Booze In Clubs To Lure Ladies (PIX) by TMKsouth: 3:29pm On Oct 10, 2021
JaceBlaze:

True even the so called celebrities lease Maybachs they can't afford.Makoko residents are actually the biggest posers ever.

Why did Shoprite leave Nigeria, again grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SA - New Trend Of Men Hiring Expensive Booze In Clubs To Lure Ladies (PIX) by Elporo(m): 3:42pm On Oct 10, 2021
TMKsouth:

Why did Shoprite leave Nigeria, again

We bought it. grin

South Africa's Shoprite sells Nigerian business to local firm Ketron
https://www.reuters.com/article/shoprite-hldgs-nigeria-idUSL2N2NK0GD

11 Likes

Re: SA - New Trend Of Men Hiring Expensive Booze In Clubs To Lure Ladies (PIX) by TMKsouth: 3:50pm On Oct 10, 2021
Elporo:

We bought it. grin

And you'll be bargaining at the till.

1 Like

Re: SA - New Trend Of Men Hiring Expensive Booze In Clubs To Lure Ladies (PIX) by womenareapess: 3:54pm On Oct 10, 2021
TMKsouth:

Why did Shoprite leave Nigeria, again
we brought it from ya stinking SA PEOPLE undecided

5 Likes

Re: SA - New Trend Of Men Hiring Expensive Booze In Clubs To Lure Ladies (PIX) by Elporo(m): 3:54pm On Oct 10, 2021
TMKsouth:

And you'll be bargaining at the till.

No further comments Madam/Sir.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: SA - New Trend Of Men Hiring Expensive Booze In Clubs To Lure Ladies (PIX) by Nobody: 3:58pm On Oct 10, 2021
Drinks wey small small boys dey use wash wrist watch from Wednesday to Friday night naim SA men dey use pose just to fit fvck.. weakest move i have ever heard of grin

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SA - New Trend Of Men Hiring Expensive Booze In Clubs To Lure Ladies (PIX) by TMKsouth: 3:59pm On Oct 10, 2021
womenareapess:
we brought it from ya stinking SA PEOPLE undecided

But why did it fail to begin with? Shoprite is for poor people in SA and yet Nigerians with jobs can't afford it

And yet u brag about alcohol. Misplaced priorities grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: SA - New Trend Of Men Hiring Expensive Booze In Clubs To Lure Ladies (PIX) by benuejosh: 4:12pm On Oct 10, 2021
Nigerians spend in clubs and on women. That's the known reason why Nigerian men are kings everywhere they go. Naija men na them get doings for Africa.

5 Likes

Re: SA - New Trend Of Men Hiring Expensive Booze In Clubs To Lure Ladies (PIX) by Sonnobax15(m): 4:23pm On Oct 10, 2021
grin. Eyahhhhh..

Well,

The extent men go to just to impress bannies is sometimes appalling cheesy. Must you form bug boy first before she'll accept you?

1 Like

Re: SA - New Trend Of Men Hiring Expensive Booze In Clubs To Lure Ladies (PIX) by Lamanii22(f): 4:27pm On Oct 10, 2021
TMKsouth:

No... That news is wrong... Nigerians shop ooo it it's that one.... Even with the inflation in food prices we are still buying on a regular sef..... I have been to ShopRite Wella and I can beat my chest and say we shop well.... Only few window shoppers....

The reason why their sales might be slow is that new supermarkets are being opened in every community.... All the shoprites in Lagos is far from my own area, luckily for us justrite came.... And it's just like N50 bike to the place of you can't trek....

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: SA - New Trend Of Men Hiring Expensive Booze In Clubs To Lure Ladies (PIX) by JaceBlaze: 4:33pm On Oct 10, 2021
TMKsouth:

While in SA Shoprite make most of its profit from villages and townships,but in Nigeria it can't survive in affluent places cheesy ...now off to open market they go grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: SA - New Trend Of Men Hiring Expensive Booze In Clubs To Lure Ladies (PIX) by TMKsouth: 4:42pm On Oct 10, 2021
Lamanii22:

No... That news is wrong... Nigerians shop ooo it it's that one.... Even with the inflation in food prices we are still buying on a regular sef..... I have been to ShopRite Wella and I can beat my chest and say we shop well.... Only few window shoppers....

The reason why their sales might be slow is that new supermarkets are being opened in every community
.... All the shoprites in Lagos is far from my own area, luckily for us justrite came.... And it's just like N50 bike to the place of you can't trek....

@bolded - competition is always welcome, they have it in SA & Southern Africa too from even more luxury grocery stores but they don't close shop. So your argument doesn't fly.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SA - New Trend Of Men Hiring Expensive Booze In Clubs To Lure Ladies (PIX) by Charmingrascal(m): 4:45pm On Oct 10, 2021
Southy grin

5 Likes

Re: SA - New Trend Of Men Hiring Expensive Booze In Clubs To Lure Ladies (PIX) by siofra(f): 5:05pm On Oct 10, 2021
Nigerian men will copy this style now angry

1 Like

Re: SA - New Trend Of Men Hiring Expensive Booze In Clubs To Lure Ladies (PIX) by siofra(f): 5:16pm On Oct 10, 2021
What is this I'm seeing about SA?

Mr TMK south aren't all south Africans richer than Dangote again grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: SA - New Trend Of Men Hiring Expensive Booze In Clubs To Lure Ladies (PIX) by TheWolfen(m): 5:18pm On Oct 10, 2021
Nawa
Re: SA - New Trend Of Men Hiring Expensive Booze In Clubs To Lure Ladies (PIX) by BigYash: 5:21pm On Oct 10, 2021
Good for the bitches that easily open legs because of doings .
My niaja bitches no fit fall for this sha,those ones na high grade cheesy
Na eye them dey know who get money and who dey borrow pose. Try it with mi niaja bitches at your own risk grin

4 Likes

Re: SA - New Trend Of Men Hiring Expensive Booze In Clubs To Lure Ladies (PIX) by Magnoliaa(f): 6:07pm On Oct 10, 2021
I am sooo going to sit back and enjoy the elitism saga on this thread, sprinkled with a lirru bit of bursting male egos.

The Unveiling: Richards, Joneses, and Wannabes

I can already smell the testosterone levels raising.

2 Likes

Re: SA - New Trend Of Men Hiring Expensive Booze In Clubs To Lure Ladies (PIX) by Magnoliaa(f): 6:14pm On Oct 10, 2021
k.ill.mo.ds:
Drinks wey small small boys dey use wash wrist watch from Wednesday to Friday night naim SA men dey use pose just to fit fvck.. weakest move i have ever heard of grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fun!!! If You Were To SACK One Of These Female Staffs – Who Will It Be?[pics] / If You Don't Know How To Start A Conversation With A Fine Girl Use This Tricks. / Oath Taking A Way To Be Faithful To Your Partner?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.