Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:47 AM

I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. (25784 Views)

I Mistakenly Borrowed From A Loan App #15,000 To Pay #19,500 In 2 Weeks [Pics] / I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account / Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by zigzig: 3:18pm On Oct 20, 2021
Yourstruly491:
It's very possible. This is done through a court order. See a lawyer and you could do well to contact me if you can't access one. 0-8-1-6-8-3-1-2-9-5-7 via whatsapp

Because of 10000 Naira?
The process is not worth it. He better forget the money.
Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by PrimadonnaO(f): 3:19pm On Oct 20, 2021
crackhaus:

You are trying to be funny right? cheesy

No, I'm not being funny.

Because of his mistake, the poor man's account will be freezed.

Can you imagine how inconveniencing that will be? He'll have to leave his business to go rectify it at the bank.

What if he's spent the money perhaps because he was expecting that sum on the said day?

It's a perfect situation of someone just sitting on their own jejely, and another person brought trouble to their doorstep...

He can go about retrieving it if he wants to, but it would have been great if he let it go.

4 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by chelseamann(m): 3:23pm On Oct 20, 2021
Lol***" shei u no see name before u transfer? Abeg move on**" you don bless the receiver jare

Beside** must u expose all bank details of the receiver on this big forum ?

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by Odide009: 3:24pm On Oct 20, 2021
Even if you go to the bank to complain, I don't think something tangible can be done in your favour. Something similar to this happened to me few months ago. I made a transfer to a particular sport bet company to fund my account. Ordinarily, within few minutes, my account should be credited, but that didn't happen. I put a call through the bet company to inform them of what was going on, I was told, they didn't receive any credit from my bank. I was told to visit my bank, which i did. My bank told me, the money as been sent to the company. Both of were just sending me up and down. Long story short, I had to let go of the money because the cost of getting it back was already beyond what I was fighting for, which was not even certain. The best is to prevent things like these from happening.
Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by crackhaus: 3:25pm On Oct 20, 2021
PrimadonnaO:

No, I'm not being funny.

Can you imagine how inconveniencing that will be? He'll have to leave his business to go rectify it at the bank.

What if he's spent the money perhaps because he was expecting that sum on the said day?

It's a perfect situation of someone just sitting on their own jejely, and another person brought trouble to their doorstep...

He can go about retrieving it if he wants to, but it would have been great if he let it go.
Wow, you were quite serious... shocked

But I'm now wondering how for a minute you didn't consider that the 10k might have been the OP's last cash, or how the person who received it could just be a much better human and find a way to return money that wasn't meant to be his.

That said, I believe it'll be hard to get it back anyway.
But if that money means a lot to the OP, then he should definitely try getting it back.

3 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by Yourstruly491(m): 3:26pm On Oct 20, 2021
ecclize:

pls how much can i get court order?

You dont get it by negotiations like affidavits. You approach a lawyer who files a motion before a proper court and the court makes an order for the said funds to be reversed into your account. It is the order collected that would be taken to be bank which the legal unit of the bank would work on and reverse your money
Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by zigzig: 3:29pm On Oct 20, 2021
Strongdickfresh:
Dear esteem Nairalanders,

I use the Eco bank mobile app to mistakenly transfer N10,000 to a wrong person I don't know nor seen before. I went to a POS provider agent/stand to withdraw N10,000. However, I mistakenly transfer the money to Ideyi Okoro Joseph of Access bank with account number 0064999199. The time of the transfer is 06:50 PM, on Sunday 10 of October, 2021. I don't know the person and I had never set my eye on him before. It was a wrong transfer. See the details of the transaction below:

AMOUNT: NGN 10,000.00
BENEFICIARY NAME: IDEYI OKORO JOSEPH
DATE: Sunday, 10 October 2021, 06:50 PM
TRANSACTION TYPE: other-local-banks
SENDER NAME:
BENEFICIARY ACCOUNT: 0064999199
DESTINATION BANK: Access Bank

I wanted to transfer the N10,000 to SARAH AVWEROTE of Access bank with account number 0064999198. She is a POS service provider agent. I went to her stand to withdraw money. I made a wrong transfer due to typographical error. I mistakenly type account number 0064999199 instead of 006499198 and 10,000 was transferred to Ideyi Okoro Joseph.

Please what can I do to retrieve the N10,000.00 ? It Is possible for the to retrieve the money.

Please bankers and accountants in this esteem forum should guide me on what to do.

Thanks

U don't need to publish the guys information online. Please edit, he did not steal from you it's your carelessness.

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by abimic(m): 3:31pm On Oct 20, 2021
Just visit the recipient's bank, it's no big deal, I have many times received wrong funds before even more than twice, and I transferred back to the sender with a clear warning of never to repeat it again. The girl thank me tire, that we even became good friends sef. The only time wrong funds entered my account and I wasn't happy the bank collected the money was when I was in the university, I saw 6k or so in my wema account, I thought good Samaritan blessed me, so I left the money there, only for Friday to come and I saw debit alert. I enter bank that same Friday go complain of fraud in my account before the banker tell me say she mistakenly credited me and during end of the week balancing, then they started looking for missing money until they traced my account, I just annoyingly went out after they won't let me enjoy the weekend .
Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by dich: 3:32pm On Oct 20, 2021
grin grin
Baawaa:
That is Sunday sacrifice
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by Eyinju112(f): 3:32pm On Oct 20, 2021
The second account you claimed to transfer money to isn’t complete, secondly didn’t they call the name of the person you wanna transfer money to when you gave them the account number....

I smell something fishy,, like you’re tryna cook some lies up for us here
Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by lapazi(m): 3:33pm On Oct 20, 2021
Strongdickfresh:

I use the Eco bank mobile app to mistakenly transfer N10,000 to a wrong person I don't know nor seen before. I went to a POS provider agent/stand to withdraw N10,000. However, I mistakenly transfer the money to Ideyi Okoro Joseph of Access bank with account number 0064999199. The time of the transfer is 06:50 PM, on Sunday 10 of October, 2021. I don't know the person and I had never set my eye on him before. It was a wrong transfer. See the details of the transaction below:

SENDER NAME:

I wanted to transfer the N10,000 to SARAH AVWEROTE of Access bank with account number 0064999198. She is a POS service provider agent. I went to her stand to withdraw money. I made a wrong transfer due to typographical error. I mistakenly type account number 0064999199 instead of 006499198 and 10,000 was transferred to Ideyi Okoro Joseph.

Please what can I do to retrieve the N10,000.00 ? It Is possible for the to retrieve the money.

Please bankers and accountants in this esteem forum should guide me on what to do.

Thanks

So u could block the sender name and deem it fit to display the recipient's name, for something that was clearly an error from your end?

This is clearly malicious intent from you!

what purpose do u plan to achieve by displaying the innocent recipient's name for the entire world to see like someone that has defrauded you?

Please take these screenshots and names down, go to your Bank!

For all, we know the recipient might not even be aware of these transactions or is even trying to reach you.

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by kponkedenge(m): 3:47pm On Oct 20, 2021
Emmyreal4:
All banks app show the name of the beneficiary before you transfer,is your own different?

Or is eco bank mobile app different?

He said it was a POS transaction.
Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by Emmyreal4(m): 3:49pm On Oct 20, 2021
kponkedenge:

He said it was a POS transaction.
read where he said he used the ecobank mobile app
Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by Emaprince: 3:54pm On Oct 20, 2021
Calibrator:
Forget any bureaucracies nonsense you will be fed by the optimists here.

I will be frank with you.
That money is gone!
In this country or maybe due to Bank work ethics, that money is GONE!!!
Especially because its a small amount involved.

I lost 30k last week Monday in almost a similar way. First bank to first bank o.

I went to the bank sef and they told me they cant go through a third person abi third party account. That if I know the person, I can contact him.

Anyway...30k is not something I will leave work and be running around for.

I just forgot the money

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by EmmaLege: 3:54pm On Oct 20, 2021
DoggoneDogg:
Ideyi Okoro Joseph right now...

[img]https://c./Hiiv8nrogykAAAAC/osita-osita-iheme.gif[/img]

grin grin grin
Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by Funpeter: 3:56pm On Oct 20, 2021
Calibrator:
Forget any bureaucracies nonsense you will be fed by the optimists here.

I will be frank with you.
That money is gone!
but if it is a huge money sent to someone maybe from a government account the person will be arrested for spending the money so why shoukd he let go of 10,000
Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by PrimadonnaO(f): 3:59pm On Oct 20, 2021
crackhaus:

Wow, you were quite serious... shocked

But I'm now wondering how for a minute you didn't consider that the 10k might have been the OP's last cash, or how the person who received it could just be a much better human and find a way to return money that wasn't meant to be his.

That said, I believe it'll be hard to get it back anyway.
But if that money means a lot to the OP, then he should definitely try getting it back.

As I said, he's well within his right to attempt retrieving it.

But he should have been careful.

His mistake is going to cost someone his convenience.

A decent human would have found a way to send it back, true. Happened to me once in school... was in 100 level and I went through so much trouble identifying the sender.

But if he spends the money, he can't be reasonably blamed.

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by okine4real: 4:03pm On Oct 20, 2021
Go to your bank app on your phone, mail your account officer and also call your account officer, then relax for some months.. You would be refunded... All this people talking here on Nairaland, they dont know that Nigerian system works... Just relax, the bank would refund you and they would know how to collect the money from the other end. i had this kind of issue sometimes back, i reported the issue to my account officer, after like 2 months, i got a call from the bank, notifying me that my money would be refunded, the next day i got the alert. And guess what? the my bank was even Access bank.

3 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by crackhaus: 4:06pm On Oct 20, 2021
PrimadonnaO:

As I said, he's well within his right to attempt receiving it back.

But he should have been careful.

His mistake is going to cost someone his convenience.

A decent human would have found a way to send it back, true. Happened to me once in school... was in 100 level and I went through so much trouble identifying the sender.

But if he spends the money, he can't be reasonably blamed.
Okies...

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by BrainSanitizer: 4:06pm On Oct 20, 2021
Strongdickfresh:

SENDER NAME:

Thanks

Because of 10k you displaying people's account details up and down.
Why did you cover your own name?
This is not a good way to do this.

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by witworth(m): 4:10pm On Oct 20, 2021
There's no excuse for failure, money gone is money gain for someone else.
Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by MrMacinterchi1: 4:10pm On Oct 20, 2021
PrimadonnaO:

No, I'm not being funny.

do you would let it go if your the person in this story?

besides, They won't freeze his account. It's something resolvable
Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by omurphy23456: 4:13pm On Oct 20, 2021
sincerely speaking, the process you will follow to get your money back will cost you about #12,000. looking at the amount involved it would be better you either let the 10k go or contact the receiving bank, they will help you reach out to the account holder and plead with him, this option would cost you absolutely nothing.
Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by paskal16: 4:13pm On Oct 20, 2021
Funpeter:
but if it is a huge money sent to someone maybe from a government account the person will be arrested for spending the money so why shoukd he let go of 10,000
10k is not worth the stress his bank would put him through
He might even hv to spend 50 percent of that money before even getting his money back
Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by Funpeter: 4:22pm On Oct 20, 2021
paskal16:
10k is not what the stress his bank would put him through
He might even hv to spend 50 percent of that money before even getting his money back
Bros things hard ooooo you never can tell if that's the last amount of money remaining with him.
Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by Ysquare98: 4:23pm On Oct 20, 2021
I mistakenly transfer 80k instead of 8k last 2 months to an account number , I even know the owner but he's in the east, anambra to be precise since then he has blocked My number online and offline...I went to his bank , I was told to get a court order, lawyer said I should bring 20k ...I don dey give up on the money already
Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by Lugianostar(m): 4:25pm On Oct 20, 2021
That guy is very lucky ??
Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by Oduduwa707: 4:25pm On Oct 20, 2021
Knowing how Nigerians are, you might not be able to retrieve the money.

Nigerians are naturally lacking in morals and very corrupt NOT, just the politicians. undecided
Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by Fidelismaria: 4:26pm On Oct 20, 2021
Strongdickfresh come and gist us, how did it go? Have you been able to retrieve your money?
Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by Kyf1: 4:26pm On Oct 20, 2021
Oh
Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 4:33pm On Oct 20, 2021
DoggoneDogg:
Ideyi Okoro Joseph right now...

[img]https://c./Hiiv8nrogykAAAAC/osita-osita-iheme.gif[/img]

grin
Re: I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. by tosaino95(m): 4:50pm On Oct 20, 2021
The money go pain anybody if in your shoe, but guy forget am you don help someone in need and God go bless in 100 times fold.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Want To Improve In My Cyber-cafe Business / Businesses You Can Start With Little Or No Money / Fire Guts Onitsha Market, Traders Attempt Suicide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.