Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,647 members, 7,801,887 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:52 AM

Best Countries Where One Can Go To Gain Travel Experience - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Best Countries Where One Can Go To Gain Travel Experience (1298 Views)

I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience / 5 African Countries Where Snow Falls / 10 Best Countries To Immigrate By 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Countries Where One Can Go To Gain Travel Experience by proeast(m): 8:18pm On Oct 10, 2021
Please which countries can one safely travel to for purposes of gaining travel experience (I realised it is one of the basic prerequisites to increase chances of getting American visa). I ultimately intend to travel to United States for periodic visits but I don't have prior travel experience.

I know about Dubai as good for this, however I don't intend on going for just tourism or for shopping, but a country where one can stay for like 6 months and maybe teach English (in non English speaking countries) or any other job to make the experience worthwhile and also recover some of the visa/flight expenses.

Like I said earlier, I don't intend to live in such country beyond 6 months. Also, how much should one budget for it?
Re: Best Countries Where One Can Go To Gain Travel Experience by ednut1(m): 8:39pm On Oct 10, 2021
proeast:
Please which countries can one safely travel to for purposes of gaining travel experience (I realised it is one of the basic prerequisites to increase chances of getting American visa). I ultimately intend to travel to United States for periodic visits but I don't have prior travel experience.

I know about Dubai as good for this, however I don't intend on going for just tourism or for shopping, but a country where one can stay for like 6 months and maybe teach English (in non English speaking countries) or any other job to make the experience worthwhile and also recover some of the visa/flight expenses.

Like I said earlier, I don't intend to live in such country beyond 6 months. Also, how much should one budget for it?
unless you can get a work visa/ employment. No such country exists biko. You want to build travel history. Recovering travel expenses should be out of it. Go to dubai, south africa, maldives, try europe after

2 Likes

Re: Best Countries Where One Can Go To Gain Travel Experience by Gerrard59(m): 1:22am On Oct 11, 2021
proeast:

I know about Dubai as good for this, however I don't intend on going for just tourism or for shopping, but a country where one can stay for like 6 months and maybe teach English (in non English speaking countries) or any other job to make the experience worthwhile and also recover some of the visa/flight expenses. or any other job to make the experience worthwhile [b]and also recover some of the visa/flight expenses

Travel experience has nothing to do with being able to obtain a US' visa for whatever reason. What matters are money and intent. Regarding such countries where you can teach English to pass time, aim at Asian countries esp South Eastern and maybe North Asia. Another place is South America but expect stiff competition from Americans. The issue is that those countries prefer westerners aka oyibos over blacks let alone black Africans. Also, young westerners especially British and Americans flock to those countries to teach English and let's be frank, 9 out of 10, most non-English speakers or tutoring agencies will prefer them to learn English from or teach their students over black Africans. Moreover, they and not Nigerians have easy access to those countries because of their passports' strengths.

or any other job to make the experience worthwhile and also recover some of the visa/flight expenses

If you intend to do "periodic visits" to the US, you don't have to try to recover visa/flight expenses via working in those countries. What that bold says is: you don't have the money to perform periodic travels.

1 Like

Re: Best Countries Where One Can Go To Gain Travel Experience by proeast(m): 5:38am On Oct 11, 2021
Gerrard59:

Travel experience has nothing to do with being able to obtain a US' visa for whatever reason. What matters are money and intent. Regarding such countries where you can teach English to pass time, aim at Asian countries esp South Eastern and maybe North Asia. Another place is South America but expect stiff competition from Americans. The issue is that those countries prefer westerners aka oyibos over blacks let alone black Africans. Also, young westerners especially British and Americans flock to those countries to teach English and let's be frank, 9 out of 10, most non-English speakers or tutoring agencies will prefer them to learn English from or teach their students over black Africans. Moreover, they and not Nigerians have easy access to those countries because of their passports' strengths.

If you intend to do "periodic visits" to the US, you don't have to try to recover visa/flight expenses via working in those countries. What that bold says is: you don't have the money to perform periodic travels.

Thanks for your detailed response. However, I was going through the US Visa thread and I found out that one of the reasons for rejecting visa seekers aside money and intent, was lack prior travels. Also, before my sister travelled to US, she first went to Dubai and some other African countries and when she eventually applied for American visa, it was granted at first application.

On the last paragraph, I certainly don't have the money to just go to the US for tourism purposes alone.
Re: Best Countries Where One Can Go To Gain Travel Experience by proeast(m): 5:40am On Oct 11, 2021
ednut1:
unless you can get a work visa/ employment. No such country exists biko. You want to build travel history. Recovering travel expenses should be out of it. Go to dubai, south africa, maldives, try europe after

Thanks bro. I will consider Dubai.
Re: Best Countries Where One Can Go To Gain Travel Experience by Blurpy: 2:59pm On Oct 11, 2021
Dubai, Kenya, Maldives, Seychelles, Mauritius, turkey
Re: Best Countries Where One Can Go To Gain Travel Experience by BigDawsNet: 5:09pm On Nov 04, 2021
proeast:

Forget Africa

Try Singapore

And sometimes don't depend on travel experience giving you a free pass to the US...when you get to the embassy...you destiny will decide ur fate

(1) (Reply)

Finally!! Nigerian Woman, 11year Old Son Win Deportation Battle In Canada (pics) / My Netherlands Visa Was Rejected, What Do I Do? / Anyone In Ohio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.