Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,344 members, 7,808,211 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:47 AM

How Can I Stop Yelling(shouting) At My My Partner? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I Stop Yelling(shouting) At My My Partner? (24487 Views)

My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other / Help: Big Backside Ladies Have Made Me No Longer Have Feelings For My Partner / I Always See This Inside My Room Even Though It's Tiled, How Do I Stop It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Stop Yelling(shouting) At My My Partner? by DMerciful(m): 5:31pm On Oct 12, 2021
You're looking at the literary meaning but it's too casual introducing your husband as your partner. Do not do it in real life, even if he doesn't react, it won't sit well in his stomach.
Don't get carried away with trends
Kobojunkie:
It's not in my mind since the dictionary is available to help even you realize the very same thing I just posted. undecided
Re: How Can I Stop Yelling(shouting) At My My Partner? by pocohantas(f): 5:32pm On Oct 12, 2021
DMerciful:
But be honest, don't you think it's too casual? If you read the comments a couple of ladies said they can't deal so she should leave him or he leaves her. Had it been she said husband,
they comments would most likelybedifferent.

How would you feel if your husband introduces you as his partner vs saying my wife?

Lmao @ leave him. Naso them dey take leave? Now wey all the men wey dey outside dey take goof and loud? grin grin

To me, partner is off for a husband/wife, except if you are trying to stay ambiguous. Spouse would be more acceptable. I would use partner for an unmarried half in a committed and long term relationship. I didn’t notice it though. You must be huge on titles. tongue

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop Yelling(shouting) At My My Partner? by Depressed101: 5:32pm On Oct 12, 2021
Davash222:

One of the disadvantages of getting married to a feminist.

In African tradition, it's a sacrilege for a woman to raise her voice at her husband talk more of yelling at him.

In a sane African society, such a woman should be dragged to the market square, disgraced and punished by her fellow women!
ah but this one is feeling bad for her bad behavior na, sometimes we do things unconsciously
Re: How Can I Stop Yelling(shouting) At My My Partner? by Kobojunkie: 5:32pm On Oct 12, 2021
drimzsmoke:

Lolz,I don't know about that....I think she's an assertive person,they tend to shout when trying to make a point. If her partner has her kind of personality,there will be issues,if not,then I don't see any problem here
So, you want an assertive personality to cease assertive? That is like you to stop being you.... do you realize that is akin to asking you to kill yourself? undecided
Re: How Can I Stop Yelling(shouting) At My My Partner? by DeeMain(m): 5:33pm On Oct 12, 2021
When you are angry and want to speak, pause for a while and imagine what you want to achieve by your speech. Do you want to kill his self esteem or disrespect him or kill the love you have for each other or are you hurt about some mistake and want to correct it lovingly? That pause, followed by the thinking part will reset your emotions and centre you enough to talk to him lovingly.
Re: How Can I Stop Yelling(shouting) At My My Partner? by Kobojunkie: 5:36pm On Oct 12, 2021
DMerciful:
You're looking at the literary meaning but it's too casual introducing your husband as your partner. Do not do it in real life, even if he doesn't react, it won't sit well in his stomach.
Don't get carried away with trends
If you append additional meanings to a thing, what you have is no longer that which is clearly defined but more a delusion that is only as stable as the mind that cooked it up. undecided

A husband is a partner in a marriage contract. These things are as simple as that and don't need to be made more complicated by all the bullsheet individuals subscribe their minds and mental to. undecided
Re: How Can I Stop Yelling(shouting) At My My Partner? by hopexter(m): 5:36pm On Oct 12, 2021
Bluntguy:
Just stop yelling at him, that's how.

Na because the simp never pluck her teeth with slap na make Her never stop grin
Re: How Can I Stop Yelling(shouting) At My My Partner? by DMerciful(m): 5:36pm On Oct 12, 2021
Exactly. Love is reciprocal!
pocohantas:

Lmao @ leave him. Naso them dey take leave? Now wey all the men wey dey outside dey take goof and loud? grin grin

To me, partner is off for a husband/wife, except if you are trying to stay ambiguous. Spouse would be more acceptable. I would use partner for an unmarried half in a committed and long term relationship. I didn’t notice it though. You must be huge on titles. tongue
Re: How Can I Stop Yelling(shouting) At My My Partner? by stonecoldcafe: 5:37pm On Oct 12, 2021
Lamanii22:
This is one bad thing I discovered recently about myself, I yell at him when I am trying to prove a point, no insults but my voice is always high.... Then I feel bad about it afterwards....

if you are a Christian, ask God for help in overcoming that bad habit. Some Naija boyfriend go ignore you, but husband nor go ignore this habit oh. Work hard on it, ask God for help. If you like, inbox me so I can share a pdf book with you on how a married woman was able to overcome this habit that almost cost her her marriage...

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop Yelling(shouting) At My My Partner? by drimzsmoke(m): 5:38pm On Oct 12, 2021
Kobojunkie:
So, you want an assertive personality to cease assertive? That is like you to stop being you.... do you realize that is akin to asking you to kill yourself? undecided

Sir,please kindly go back and read what I posted...Thanks
Re: How Can I Stop Yelling(shouting) At My My Partner? by richboy7(m): 5:39pm On Oct 12, 2021
Lamanii22:
This is one bad thing I discovered recently about myself, I yell at him when I am trying to prove a point, no insults but my voice is always high.... Then I feel bad about it afterwards....

Aunty ain't you the one that told us one time ago that you and your husband are the quite type and you're happy that you shared the same nature. How come?
Re: How Can I Stop Yelling(shouting) At My My Partner? by NGArmyTerrorist: 5:39pm On Oct 12, 2021
Davash222:

One of the disadvantages of getting married to a feminist.

In African tradition, it's a sacrilege for a woman to raise her voice at her husband talk more of yelling at him.

In a sane African society, such a woman should be dragged to the market square, disgraced and punished by her fellow women!
We go crown you the real nairaland Prophet because you sees clearly!
Re: How Can I Stop Yelling(shouting) At My My Partner? by TemmyT002(m): 5:42pm On Oct 12, 2021
When you feel the urge to scream, take a deep breath. Take five more and calm down.
Buy chewing gum and chew it instead.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop Yelling(shouting) At My My Partner? by walozanga(m): 5:42pm On Oct 12, 2021
chatinent:
Paranoia.

Stop feeling you are always right.

Be quick to listen than to talk.

No make the guyman slap five years comot your age.

U are ryt bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Stop Yelling(shouting) At My My Partner? by DMerciful(m): 5:43pm On Oct 12, 2021
Alright, enjoy!
Kobojunkie:
If you append additional meanings to a thing, what you have is no longer that which is clearly defined but more a delusion that is only as stable as the mind that cooked it up. undecided

A husband is a partner in a marriage contract. These things are as simple as that and don't need to be made more complicated by all the bullsheet individuals subscribe their minds and mental to. undecided
Re: How Can I Stop Yelling(shouting) At My My Partner? by WarHorse1(m): 5:45pm On Oct 12, 2021
Count 1 to 10 in your mind before you reply. There are two ways to pass a stone to another person. You can throw it at him or take his hand and put the stone on his palm.
Thank me later.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop Yelling(shouting) At My My Partner? by Kobojunkie: 5:47pm On Oct 12, 2021
drimzsmoke:

Sir,please kindly go back and read what I posted...Thanks
my bad!

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop Yelling(shouting) At My My Partner? by SunTzu123(m): 5:47pm On Oct 12, 2021
Lamanii22:

Simple, it's any of:
1. You don't love him. You only feel infatuation for him.
2. You have personal issues with a male dominant figure in your life. (Your Dad, Uncle, Big brother, Boss etc)
3. You are immature and NOT ready for a relationship but he is "forcing" it with too much love, or too much attention.

4 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop Yelling(shouting) At My My Partner? by WantsandMore: 5:51pm On Oct 12, 2021
Lamanii22:
Lol...You too love m & na Narcissist you be...try dey understand things from him point of view and less from yours ...remember wisdom is profitable to direct.

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop Yelling(shouting) At My My Partner? by 77up(m): 5:52pm On Oct 12, 2021
pocohantas:

Lmao. Ginaz no make me laugh abeg.

Lamani the first step to solving a problem is admitting you have a problem. Thankfully you have admitted you yell at your partner and went a step further to admit it isn’t a good quality. Like Chatinent said, listen more. Use all your self-control to hold yourself.
Lamani ,it's just unfortunate that no matter what you read here, you may still continue yelling.

That particular character is inbuilt cheesy

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop Yelling(shouting) At My My Partner? by TheGift: 5:53pm On Oct 12, 2021
Lamanii22:

Is it a habit that you display with other people? If yes (or no) you need to determine the root cause, especially since you feel bad afterwards. Why do you feel bad? The problem as usual is likely within you and not in your partner.

Consider talking to Him about it. Ask how it makes Him feel, tell Him how you feel about it before, during and after.

When we express such vulnerabilities it reduces their power

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop Yelling(shouting) At My My Partner? by verybadmouth(m): 5:54pm On Oct 12, 2021
Lamanii22:
When you hear his side chick that's cool and calm has just delivered a set of twin boys, you will receive sense.
Re: How Can I Stop Yelling(shouting) At My My Partner? by bet9ja(m): 5:55pm On Oct 12, 2021
A problem identified is a problem solved. It is good that you noticed your unscrupulous traits by yourself.

A woman needs love while a man needs respect. Don't brake your home by yourself. Please work on it.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop Yelling(shouting) At My My Partner? by Nackzy: 5:56pm On Oct 12, 2021
Lamanii22:
My Girlfriend does this always, but finally i have learn to tolerate her, that's her weakness, we all have weaknesses

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop Yelling(shouting) At My My Partner? by bet9ja(m): 5:59pm On Oct 12, 2021
Nackzy:

My Girlfriend does this always, but finally i have learn to tolerate her, that's her weakness, we all have weaknesses

It is easier said than done. You will not tolerate it anymore when she get used to it and disrespect you amidst friends and family. Then it will be too late.

5 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop Yelling(shouting) At My My Partner? by SeriouslySense(m): 5:59pm On Oct 12, 2021
cheesy cheesy cheesy Just calm down, love yourself, respect your person (respect who you were made to become).

You know your weakness, therefore you can win this.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop Yelling(shouting) At My My Partner? by Nackzy: 6:02pm On Oct 12, 2021
bet9ja:

It is easier said than done. You will not tolerate it anymore when she get used to it and disrespect you amidst friends and family. Then it will be too late.

there's still limit to her high pitch tone

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop Yelling(shouting) At My My Partner? by justking(m): 6:03pm On Oct 12, 2021
Just be determined to, that's all.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop Yelling(shouting) At My My Partner? by Kobojunkie: 6:04pm On Oct 12, 2021
SunTzu123:

Simple, it's any of:
1. You don't love him. You only feel infatuation for him.
2. You have personal issues with a male dominant figure in your life. (Your Dad, Uncle, Big brother, Boss etc)
3. You are immature and NOT ready for a relationship but he is "forcing" it with too much love, or too much attention.
That's a load of crock and somehow I think you know but ignorance refuses you wisdom. undecided

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop Yelling(shouting) At My My Partner? by bet9ja(m): 6:05pm On Oct 12, 2021
Nackzy:
there's still limit to her high pitch tone

My brother, there is no limit, I got married 11 years ago. I am speaking from experience. When you give your wife a free ticket to disrespect you. It will be deficult to renegotiate.

10 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop Yelling(shouting) At My My Partner? by Kobojunkie: 6:06pm On Oct 12, 2021
77up:
Lamani ,it's just unfortunate that no matter what you read here, you may still continue yelling.

That particular character is inbuilt cheesy
It's not character but an emotional response to stress in the OP'S case. undecided

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop Yelling(shouting) At My My Partner? by Ligxy(f): 6:08pm On Oct 12, 2021
One thing I've learnt to do is to be very quiet when hubby is talking angrily, he ALWAYS apologize afterwards, even if I was the guilty one, but if I don talk back, the whole thing always end in an unsatisfactory way for me.
He hardly gets angry tho, that guy is just an angel.

Op, you can just keep quiet if you really don't want to shout, it's not really a must to prove some points after all.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Son Tells Mum To Leave His Home To Create Space For Girlfriend With 2kids (vid) / Family Of Four Die In Their Sleep After Inhaling Generator Fumes In Kogi (Photo) / 15 Signs That You Are Under The Attack Of A Spirit Husband And Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.