Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,230 members, 7,807,764 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:44 PM

3 Marketing Lessons We Can Learn From Netflix's "Squid Game' - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 3 Marketing Lessons We Can Learn From Netflix's "Squid Game' (22143 Views)

3 Marketing Lessons We Can Learn From Funke Akindele's "Omo Ghetto (the Saga) " / Top 3 Marketing Innovations In The Real Estate Industry. / 4 High Paying Skills In Nigeria You Can Learn Within 3 Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Marketing Lessons We Can Learn From Netflix's "Squid Game' by aligntosucceed(f): 12:33pm On Oct 11, 2021
The effectiveness of this popular South Korean survival drama offers numerous marketing lessons that every business may utilize to boost revenue, demonstrating that there is no one-size-fits-all marketing strategy.

With the number of active social media users at an all-time high, it's reasonable to argue that the material available to audiences is more diverse than ever before. With it comes the potential for small and medium businesses to shine even brighter - it's now feasible to make a huge impact for a fraction of the cost it used to be.

1. Word-of-mouth is more successful than the largest paid ad campaigns

To be honest, when you open a 100-year-old marketing book, word-of-mouth is generally what you read about; it's considered an all-time classic strategy. I used to think of it as a minor component of any marketing plan, but Squid Game shows that it can be a key driving force in advertising.

2. When your brand has a viral TikTok trend, it's bound for success

If you're lucky enough to have a trend linked to your brand go viral on TikTok, you'll almost certainly be financially successful. Squid Game has amassed a remarkable level of traction on the site, practically building an army of fans that support and share the inside jokes.

3. We don't know what consumers really want until they show us

It may seem a little philosophical, but the truth is that we don't always know what we want until we are given it.

Pierre Subeh | https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/389002

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 3 Marketing Lessons We Can Learn From Netflix's "Squid Game' by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:06pm On Oct 11, 2021
Squid Game is absolutely worth watching if you can stand all the violence and tragedy.
As much as it's a show about people competing in a deadly, real-life version of Fall Guys (basically) it's also a cautionary tale about the many terrible ways that money whether you have too much or too little can ruin lives.

It's currently the most watched show on Netflix in 90 countries this week including Ireland. The dystopian series takes its name from a Korean children's game where the attacking team tries to get through the middle of the squid shape drawn on the ground with goal of tapping the squid's head with their foot to win.

Someone asked at the other thread if Squid Game is for kids,
Here is your answer ma,
Parent agrees that the series is definitely not suitable for children, adding that not only are people being killed brutally, there's suicide, sex and swearing too.

40 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 3 Marketing Lessons We Can Learn From Netflix's "Squid Game' by slawormiir: 3:06pm On Oct 11, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Me that is not a fan of season movie

But this one got me fall in love with season movie now

Still on episode 4 though....watching it slowly.....because keyboarding and bombing take most of my time
keiyna:
No .3. where can I download this movie, please guys link to download it on mp4.
Just download Netflix app on any of your device..then watch it.....I for give you my login details...but this is a faceless forum

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 3 Marketing Lessons We Can Learn From Netflix's "Squid Game' by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:06pm On Oct 11, 2021
If you're lucky enough to have a trend linked to your brand go viral on TikTok, you'll almost certainly be financially successful.
We've done that for people many times and still counting.

Viral is our middle name @DemMANNA!

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 3 Marketing Lessons We Can Learn From Netflix's "Squid Game' by Badguy77(m): 3:06pm On Oct 11, 2021
Ok
Re: 3 Marketing Lessons We Can Learn From Netflix's "Squid Game' by jos4kay: 3:06pm On Oct 11, 2021
Korean Series. Long time no see
Re: 3 Marketing Lessons We Can Learn From Netflix's "Squid Game' by keiyna(m): 3:06pm On Oct 11, 2021

1 Like

Re: 3 Marketing Lessons We Can Learn From Netflix's "Squid Game' by Ancecoker(m): 3:06pm On Oct 11, 2021
sad
Re: 3 Marketing Lessons We Can Learn From Netflix's "Squid Game' by bigdammyj: 3:07pm On Oct 11, 2021
Noted
Re: 3 Marketing Lessons We Can Learn From Netflix's "Squid Game' by talk2hb1(m): 3:07pm On Oct 11, 2021
Noted
Re: 3 Marketing Lessons We Can Learn From Netflix's "Squid Game' by vinceyinnovation: 3:07pm On Oct 11, 2021
Use___s
Re: 3 Marketing Lessons We Can Learn From Netflix's "Squid Game' by Nobody: 3:07pm On Oct 11, 2021
The film just dey my phone ni, I go try to see it this weekend.

1 Like

Re: 3 Marketing Lessons We Can Learn From Netflix's "Squid Game' by Sonnobax15(m): 3:07pm On Oct 11, 2021
lipsrsealed
Mennnnnnnn,I've no idea on what's being discussed here apart from the tiktok wey our young bannies don commercialize turn to online ashawo quarter abi na hook up center...

Btw, what's dem MANNA saying up there self? undecided

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 3 Marketing Lessons We Can Learn From Netflix's "Squid Game' by DoggoneDogg: 3:07pm On Oct 11, 2021
They should go learn from Igbos about marketing

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Marketing Lessons We Can Learn From Netflix's "Squid Game' by haykayjay(m): 3:07pm On Oct 11, 2021
H
Re: 3 Marketing Lessons We Can Learn From Netflix's "Squid Game' by siofra(f): 3:08pm On Oct 11, 2021
Hmm.

Squid game reminds me of the movie below.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Marketing Lessons We Can Learn From Netflix's "Squid Game' by Mossadd: 3:08pm On Oct 11, 2021
The movie is trash I swear

2 Likes

Re: 3 Marketing Lessons We Can Learn From Netflix's "Squid Game' by Akalia(m): 3:08pm On Oct 11, 2021
I just completed the squid game series and I must really have to say that it is really worth the hype. Can't wait for season 2 to be out.

6 Likes

Re: 3 Marketing Lessons We Can Learn From Netflix's "Squid Game' by cdm4live: 3:08pm On Oct 11, 2021
I haven't watched the movie yet but I believe with Tik Tok strategy.
Re: 3 Marketing Lessons We Can Learn From Netflix's "Squid Game' by MykLANNY(m): 3:08pm On Oct 11, 2021
Insightful
Re: 3 Marketing Lessons We Can Learn From Netflix's "Squid Game' by Promoter2: 3:09pm On Oct 11, 2021
I don't understand.

Is this supposed to be related to what happened in the series or wrt to the productio/marketing?

5 Likes

Re: 3 Marketing Lessons We Can Learn From Netflix's "Squid Game' by Lagosianswag: 3:09pm On Oct 11, 2021
This reminds me of Alice in Borderland (Japanese Series)
Squid Game is the only other Asian series I've watched fully with keen interest.

Two very good shows. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Marketing Lessons We Can Learn From Netflix's "Squid Game' by pendusky(m): 3:09pm On Oct 11, 2021
smiley
Re: 3 Marketing Lessons We Can Learn From Netflix's "Squid Game' by Ijaya123: 3:10pm On Oct 11, 2021
Word of mouth still remain the No1 marketing tool.

It is infallible

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Marketing Lessons We Can Learn From Netflix's "Squid Game' by Toks2008(m): 3:10pm On Oct 11, 2021
I was expecting to see things like

1. Transparency..

The way the organizers of the game conducted the life and death games are commendable... Very transparent with every player giving equal chance as well as the chance to walk away or stay to play the game.

2. Creativity...

The producer of the film has proved that creativity is the key to marketing and not necessarily spending too much.

The movie is about creative and captivating story line and not too much money was spent yet became number 1 in UK, Nigeria and Canada

3. TARGETED CONSUMER BASE

The organizers of the game made sure they went for the right people who are in dare need of a change of life and over 90% of them came back to play the game even when they had the chance to walk away.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 3 Marketing Lessons We Can Learn From Netflix's "Squid Game' by GOCEO: 3:11pm On Oct 11, 2021
keiyna:
high quality n low mb
Re: 3 Marketing Lessons We Can Learn From Netflix's "Squid Game' by GOCEO: 3:11pm On Oct 11, 2021
keiyna:
Try NETNAIJA, high quality n low mb

6 Likes

Re: 3 Marketing Lessons We Can Learn From Netflix's "Squid Game' by Nobody: 3:13pm On Oct 11, 2021
Squid game angry
I wonder what really intrigues people about that movie undecided
And someone was actually telling me it's better than our Money Heist lipsrsealed
Like wtf

2 Likes

Re: 3 Marketing Lessons We Can Learn From Netflix's "Squid Game' by saferoom: 3:13pm On Oct 11, 2021
Good
Re: 3 Marketing Lessons We Can Learn From Netflix's "Squid Game' by marcelofrancis: 3:13pm On Oct 11, 2021
Akalia:
I just completed the squid game series and I must really have to say that it is really worth the hype. Can't wait for season 2 to be out.
Where did you download the series?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World / I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! / Diamond Bank Set To Sack Managers - Ebubechukwu Ibecheozor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.