Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,898 members, 7,806,627 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:19 PM

Outrage As Police Kill Graduate Job-seeker, Label Him ‘IPOB Member' - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Outrage As Police Kill Graduate Job-seeker, Label Him ‘IPOB Member' (1282 Views)

Police Kill Suspected IPOB Member In Imo, Arrest One / Outrage As Police Officers Manhandle A Black Woman In US (Photos) / Sex Assault! Outrage As Guys Pull Lady's Gown Up Exposing Pantless Bum In Public (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Outrage As Police Kill Graduate Job-seeker, Label Him ‘IPOB Member' by ChikezieU(m): 3:41pm On Oct 11, 2021
Great indignation has greeted the alleged murder of a young man in Umunakanu community, Ehime Mbano Local Government Area of Imo State, by policemen who later labeled him a ‘member’ of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB).

According to witnesses, police operatives shot the victim, one Chigozie Nwaiwu, in his friend’s welding shop at close range in the presence of many witnesses but later declared him a wanted IPOB member who had been leading attacks on security personnel and facilities in the state.

The owner of the workshop, Uchenna Chukwuanyanwu, popularly known as Son of Iron, who was a childhood friend of the deceased, was also arrested by the police.

It was gathered that Nwaiwu had visited his bosom friend at his workshop when suddenly a Venza car pulled up in the area and its occupants quickly grabbed the welder and threw him into the car.

According to a source, “They were about to drive off when Nwaiwu asked them why they were taking his friend away. The occupants of the car, who were in mufti, shot him on the forehead, killing him instantly and zoomed off.

“As people gathered to see what had happened, the same car returned and the frightened onlookers took to their heels. The car occupants picked up Nwaiwu’ corpse and dumped it in the car and zoomed off again.”

However, the people were shocked to read a statement by the police, claiming that the late Nwaiwu was a member of IPOB.

According to the statement by the Police spokesperson, Mike Abattam, in Owerri Friday, October 8, 34-year-old Nwaiwu was described as IPOB champion, who played a major role in the killing of Police officers and burning of Police stations in Imo and had long been declared wanted by the police and was arrested following credible information.

It further said the police also killed an IPOB member who joined other members to frustrate the arrest of the kingpin.

The statement read, “The suspect raised the alarm, alerting members of his gang, picked a cutlass and rushed at one of the Police operatives and attempted chopping off his head but was overpowered, disarmed and the cutlass recovered.

“While this was on, the already alerted members who came in their numbers to rescue him engaged the Police in a gun duel and in the process, one of them was neutralised while others escaped with bullet wounds.”

Abattam added that one locally-made double barrel pistol with two expended cartridges; two live cartridges and charms were recovered at the scene, adding that the suspect was presently undergoing interrogation and had made useful statement to the police.

He said the police was collaborating with sister security agencies to arrest other members of the group, especially those that escaped with bullet wounds.

However, this claim has been widely rejected by the community, who knew the victims and contradicted the police statement. They described the duo as very hardworking young men, who were always mobilising youth in the community to help out widows.

“The community knows who is who and these young boys are some of the best. The one the Police shot at close range is a graduate of a Polytechnic who is looking for a job and keeping busy with helping out at the friend’s shop.

“Our community has been thrown into mourning because of the incident,” a source who craved anonymity said.

Investigations have revealed that the security operatives who came could have come from DSS. Their target was actually one Chidera, an aluminium worker, who owns a shop close to Uchenna’s.

Chigozie was shot to death simply because he insisted to know the reason Uchenna was abducted.

The community is angered by the press release made by the police, labeling Uchenna as the leader of IPOB in Ehime Mbano, which they describe as lies from the pit of hell to justify their actions.

It was gathered that they were rallying round to petition the Inspector General of Police to investigate the extra-judicial killing of Nwaiwu and also to secure the release of Chukwuanyanwu.

https://24hrsreport.com/2021/10/11/outrage-as-police-kill-graduate-job-seeker-label-him-ipob-member/

http://saharareporters.com/2021/10/11/how-police-shot-welder-imo-labelled-him-ipob-leader-cover-action%E2%80%94source
Re: Outrage As Police Kill Graduate Job-seeker, Label Him ‘IPOB Member' by Abdul05: 3:42pm On Oct 11, 2021
There are some police men that would without hesitation and more or less without thinking of it do whatever their boss in civilian's clothes commanded them.

They would open fire on innocent citizens without battling an eyelid. grin

All in order to attain the highest ranks and position.

1 Like

Re: Outrage As Police Kill Graduate Job-seeker, Label Him ‘IPOB Member' by Cashio(m): 3:44pm On Oct 11, 2021
Too bad.
Re: Outrage As Police Kill Graduate Job-seeker, Label Him ‘IPOB Member' by richmond500: 3:45pm On Oct 11, 2021
Seeing the news, I rushed to check the source
Re: Outrage As Police Kill Graduate Job-seeker, Label Him ‘IPOB Member' by Skooltynz: 3:47pm On Oct 11, 2021
Some people will still blame Kanu for this, satanic country indeed, meanwhile why is the international community keeping quiet over the genocide going on in Igboland?Even if he is an ipod member why not arrest him and take him to court why extrajudicial killings,now i see the reason why the white man values his dog more than a black man they are animals.

1 Like

Re: Outrage As Police Kill Graduate Job-seeker, Label Him ‘IPOB Member' by murphyibiam15(m): 3:48pm On Oct 11, 2021
Too bad, but how do we confirm he's not a member?
Re: Outrage As Police Kill Graduate Job-seeker, Label Him ‘IPOB Member' by richmond500: 3:49pm On Oct 11, 2021
murphyibiam15:
Too bad, but how do we confirm he's not a member?
how do we confirm its not a fake news?

1 Like

Re: Outrage As Police Kill Graduate Job-seeker, Label Him ‘IPOB Member' by Fahdiga(m): 3:51pm On Oct 11, 2021
Killing innocent Igbos and labelling them IPOB is the work of this failed regime

2 Likes

Re: Outrage As Police Kill Graduate Job-seeker, Label Him ‘IPOB Member' by clarocuzioo(m): 3:51pm On Oct 11, 2021
Honestly sometimes UGM can be very useful where our useless police officers are.
Re: Outrage As Police Kill Graduate Job-seeker, Label Him ‘IPOB Member' by gidgiddy: 3:55pm On Oct 11, 2021
The Police just kill innocent people and say they are IPOB members attacking Policemen

Many have been killed in Imo this way
Re: Outrage As Police Kill Graduate Job-seeker, Label Him ‘IPOB Member' by CandyOps(m): 4:15pm On Oct 11, 2021
Naija police nawa oooo! Naija which way?
Re: Outrage As Police Kill Graduate Job-seeker, Label Him ‘IPOB Member' by tony0806: 4:33pm On Oct 11, 2021
It's well
Re: Outrage As Police Kill Graduate Job-seeker, Label Him ‘IPOB Member' by wakaman: 4:58pm On Oct 11, 2021
Typical yamree narrative.
Someone has to be killed for killings in the east.
Re: Outrage As Police Kill Graduate Job-seeker, Label Him ‘IPOB Member' by sapientia(m): 5:08pm On Oct 11, 2021
Proscribing IPOB was just a plot to kill any Igbo youth

I hope the 5 south east governors can now come and eat his meat

Food is ready

History will forever remember them as saboteurs
Re: Outrage As Police Kill Graduate Job-seeker, Label Him ‘IPOB Member' by amuwo1980: 6:06pm On Oct 11, 2021
The fulanis are levying war on the igbos using the instrumentalities of the supposedly national Nigerian government carrying out a low intensity warfare against a ppl unable to defend themselves

1 Like

Re: Outrage As Police Kill Graduate Job-seeker, Label Him ‘IPOB Member' by Nobody: 7:35pm On Oct 11, 2021
He was killed by ESN members disguised as police officers

IPOB must be destroyed!!!
Re: Outrage As Police Kill Graduate Job-seeker, Label Him ‘IPOB Member' by ChangedMan1999(m): 7:48pm On Oct 11, 2021
gidgiddy:
The Police just kill innocent people and say they are IPOB members attacking Policemen

Many have been killed in Imo this way

cry
Nwanne,
honestly IPOB should behave themselves so that NA will leave our lands

Nnamdi Azikiwe, Nnamdi Kanu na Aguiyi Ironsi agbaliala.

H
Re: Outrage As Police Kill Graduate Job-seeker, Label Him ‘IPOB Member' by Conner44: 7:51pm On Oct 11, 2021
ChangedMan1999:

cry
Nwanne,
honestly IPOB should behave themselves so that NA will leave our lands

Do you want NA to leave your lands and herdsmen/bandits to replace them?

Be careful what you wish for
Re: Outrage As Police Kill Graduate Job-seeker, Label Him ‘IPOB Member' by ChangedMan1999(m): 7:59pm On Oct 11, 2021
Conner44:

Do you want NA to leave your lands and herdsmen/bandits to replace them?

Be careful what you wish for

Ebubeagu is there to tackle herdsmen.

There is something called "strategy"

I am positive that Kanu and his IPOB family haven't heard about it.

If they have heard about it, they would have known that is retarded to engage NA in guerilla war, in South East that is populated.

South East is not North East where one can pass 100s of kilometres without seeing any human being.
Re: Outrage As Police Kill Graduate Job-seeker, Label Him ‘IPOB Member' by Conner44: 8:05pm On Oct 11, 2021
ChangedMan1999:

Ebubeagu is there to tackle herdsmen.

There is something called "strategy"

I am positive that Kanu and his IPOB family haven't heard about it.

If they have heard about it, they would have known that is retarded to engage NA in guerilla war, in South East that is populated.

South East is not North East where one can pass 100s of kilometres without seeing any human being.

How many months have the so called ebubeagu been in existence and how many herdsmen or bandits have they caught since their inception? So you seriously mean to tell me you’re ready to place the lives of you and your family in their care?

Plus don’t forget that Unknown gunmen aren’t ipob or esn affiliated. They have said so many times. If you chose not to believe then fine.
Re: Outrage As Police Kill Graduate Job-seeker, Label Him ‘IPOB Member' by ChangedMan1999(m): 8:21pm On Oct 11, 2021
Conner44:

How many months have the so called ebubeagu been in existence and how many herdsmen or bandits have they caught since their inception? So you seriously mean to tell me you’re ready to place the lives of you and your family in their care?

Plus don’t forget that Unknown gunmen aren’t ipob or esn affiliated. They have said so many times. If you chose not to believe then fine.

Is Unknown Gunmen not the ones that my people were cheering, as they were moving with their car?

If Unknown Gunmen are really Fulani or DSS, will my people cheer them?

The truth is Unknown Gunmen are people who split from IPOB, because of their extremism.

You can't tell me that Unknown Gunmen are Fulani and DSS, when they resemble me and speak the same language that I speak.

Unknown Gunmen are my tribesmen who are extremists.
Re: Outrage As Police Kill Graduate Job-seeker, Label Him ‘IPOB Member' by Conner44: 9:11pm On Oct 11, 2021
ChangedMan1999:

Is Unknown Gunmen not the ones that my people were cheering, as they were moving with their car?

If Unknown Gunmen are really Fulani or DSS, will my people cheer them?

The truth is Unknown Gunmen are people who split from IPOB, because of their extremism.

You can't tell me that Unknown Gunmen are Fulani and DSS, when they resemble me and speak the same language that I speak.

Unknown Gunmen are my tribesmen who are extremists.

Wrong !

Unknown gunmen are your tribesmen who are being controlled by the politicians in power to further their personal vendettas

There’s a difference between being a stooge and being an extremist.
Re: Outrage As Police Kill Graduate Job-seeker, Label Him ‘IPOB Member' by ChangedMan1999(m): 10:03pm On Oct 11, 2021
[quote author=Conner44 post=106656364][/quote]

Explain these

I don't understand you
Re: Outrage As Police Kill Graduate Job-seeker, Label Him ‘IPOB Member' by Conner44: 10:14pm On Oct 11, 2021
ChangedMan1999:

Explain these

I don't understand you

Sorry I’ve modified my earlier post.
Re: Outrage As Police Kill Graduate Job-seeker, Label Him ‘IPOB Member' by ChikezieU(m): 10:20pm On Oct 11, 2021
UGM are not the only thing to fear for Police are to be feared the most
Re: Outrage As Police Kill Graduate Job-seeker, Label Him ‘IPOB Member' by ChikezieU(m): 10:25pm On Oct 11, 2021
richmond500:
how do we confirm its not a fake news?
it's on several news outlets but with different heading (Police kill suspected IPOB/ESN member in Imo). Now police says he is a culprit but onlookers, neighbors and villagers say otherwise. He wasn't the target, his friend is but for the sake of being there he paid with his life. My question now is, how can our security agents operate this way.
Re: Outrage As Police Kill Graduate Job-seeker, Label Him ‘IPOB Member' by amliftedhigher: 10:36pm On Oct 11, 2021
ChikezieU:
Great indignation has greeted the alleged murder of a young man in Umunakanu community, Ehime Mbano Local Government Area of Imo State, by policemen who later labeled him a ‘member’ of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB).

According to witnesses, police operatives shot the victim, one Chigozie Nwaiwu, in his friend’s welding shop at close range in the presence of many witnesses but later declared him a wanted IPOB member who had been leading attacks on security personnel and facilities in the state.

The owner of the workshop, Uchenna Chukwuanyanwu, popularly known as Son of Iron, who was a childhood friend of the deceased, was also arrested by the police.

It was gathered that Nwaiwu had visited his bosom friend at his workshop when suddenly a Venza car pulled up in the area and its occupants quickly grabbed the welder and threw him into the car.

According to a source, “They were about to drive off when Nwaiwu asked them why they were taking his friend away. The occupants of the car, who were in mufti, shot him on the forehead, killing him instantly and zoomed off.

“As people gathered to see what had happened, the same car returned and the frightened onlookers took to their heels. The car occupants picked up Nwaiwu’ corpse and dumped it in the car and zoomed off again.”

However, the people were shocked to read a statement by the police, claiming that the late Nwaiwu was a member of IPOB.

According to the statement by the Police spokesperson, Mike Abattam, in Owerri Friday, October 8, 34-year-old Nwaiwu was described as IPOB champion, who played a major role in the killing of Police officers and burning of Police stations in Imo and had long been declared wanted by the police and was arrested following credible information.

It further said the police also killed an IPOB member who joined other members to frustrate the arrest of the kingpin.

The statement read, “The suspect raised the alarm, alerting members of his gang, picked a cutlass and rushed at one of the Police operatives and attempted chopping off his head but was overpowered, disarmed and the cutlass recovered.

“While this was on, the already alerted members who came in their numbers to rescue him engaged the Police in a gun duel and in the process, one of them was neutralised while others escaped with bullet wounds.”

Abattam added that one locally-made double barrel pistol with two expended cartridges; two live cartridges and charms were recovered at the scene, adding that the suspect was presently undergoing interrogation and had made useful statement to the police.

He said the police was collaborating with sister security agencies to arrest other members of the group, especially those that escaped with bullet wounds.

However, this claim has been widely rejected by the community, who knew the victims and contradicted the police statement. They described the duo as very hardworking young men, who were always mobilising youth in the community to help out widows.

“The community knows who is who and these young boys are some of the best. The one the Police shot at close range is a graduate of a Polytechnic who is looking for a job and keeping busy with helping out at the friend’s shop.

“Our community has been thrown into mourning because of the incident,” a source who craved anonymity said.

Investigations have revealed that the security operatives who came could have come from DSS. Their target was actually one Chidera, an aluminium worker, who owns a shop close to Uchenna’s.

Chigozie was shot to death simply because he insisted to know the reason Uchenna was abducted.

The community is angered by the press release made by the police, labeling Uchenna as the leader of IPOB in Ehime Mbano, which they describe as lies from the pit of hell to justify their actions.

It was gathered that they were rallying round to petition the Inspector General of Police to investigate the extra-judicial killing of Nwaiwu and also to secure the release of Chukwuanyanwu.

https://24hrsreport.com/2021/10/11/outrage-as-police-kill-graduate-job-seeker-label-him-ipob-member/
His only crime was he ask why they are taking his friend's away.

1 Like

Re: Outrage As Police Kill Graduate Job-seeker, Label Him ‘IPOB Member' by ChikezieU(m): 10:37pm On Oct 11, 2021
amliftedhigher:

His only crime was he ask why they are taking his friend's away.
and gets shot on the head...
Re: Outrage As Police Kill Graduate Job-seeker, Label Him ‘IPOB Member' by ChangedMan1999(m): 10:37pm On Oct 11, 2021
Conner44:

Wrong !

Unknown gunmen are your tribesmen who are being controlled by the politicians in power to further their personal vendettas

There’s a difference between being a stooge and being an extremist.

If you are not from South East, you are not qualified to talk about Unknown Gunmen.

I am Nwafo and I know what that is going on.

1 Like

Re: Outrage As Police Kill Graduate Job-seeker, Label Him ‘IPOB Member' by ChikezieU(m): 10:43pm On Oct 11, 2021

(1) (Reply)

The Scammer / Popular FUNAAB Youth Pastor, Wales, And His Dad Arrested For Fraud / Delta Police Declare Man Wanted For Killing Boy While Testing Gun (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.