Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:14 AM

FG Secretly Raises Electricity Tariff - LEADERSHIP - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Secretly Raises Electricity Tariff - LEADERSHIP (18356 Views)

Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH / Is FG Secretly Trading Bitcoin? (PHOTOS) / Abacha Loot: FG Secretly Pays Malami’s Lawyers ‘Dubious’ $15m Fees - The Cable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Secretly Raises Electricity Tariff - LEADERSHIP by chaloskyx: 1:46pm On Oct 12, 2021
ONE NIGERIA!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW CAN PRICES OF COMMODITIES AND SERVICES BE ON THE INCREASE WHILE THE PER CAPIT INCOME OF THE COMMON NIGERIAN IS STAGNANT WHAT IS NLC EVEN DOING? LIKE COME ON EXPECT TO SEE A HIGHER INCREASE IN KIDNAPPINGS ARMED ROBBERY AND KILLINGS CAUSE IF THE MIDDLE CLASS IS COMPLAINING WHAT SHOULD THE POOR DO? LIKE AMACHI SAID NIGERIANS WOULD SOON COM FOR THE HEADS OF POLITICIANS WHO PUT THEM IN THIS MESS. UNFORTUNATELY THEY WOULD ALL JAPA WITH THIR PRIVATE JETS WHEN THAT TIME COMES
Re: FG Secretly Raises Electricity Tariff - LEADERSHIP by zikter(m): 1:51pm On Oct 12, 2021
Yeah, from #43 to #45 per kw
Re: FG Secretly Raises Electricity Tariff - LEADERSHIP by meccuno: 2:06pm On Oct 12, 2021
Moferere:

Illiterate Peoples of Biafra

Re: FG Secretly Raises Electricity Tariff - LEADERSHIP by meccuno: 2:07pm On Oct 12, 2021
Chamillionaire:
Abeg, who has link to Tiwa savage sex tape ?

Re: FG Secretly Raises Electricity Tariff - LEADERSHIP by athaboi(f): 2:20pm On Oct 12, 2021
Kirkman:

Did you say you pay 20k for light or eyes dey pain me?
yes I will
When I pay 12k plus for DStv why won't I pay 20k for what powers the TV
Re: FG Secretly Raises Electricity Tariff - LEADERSHIP by Mrpojj(m): 2:23pm On Oct 12, 2021
Re: FG Secretly Raises Electricity Tariff - LEADERSHIP by Geeman2006: 2:55pm On Oct 12, 2021
proeast:

I have since disconnected both my home and office from the national grid. I now have light 24 hours without the need for PHCN or generator.

I consider it as sheer madness for anyone who can afford to fix solar and enjoy free power supply yet wasting money and stress on PHCN.

Nice 1. That's my plan too in the long term. Enjoy
Re: FG Secretly Raises Electricity Tariff - LEADERSHIP by Mayeldah(m): 3:12pm On Oct 12, 2021
2% ke?

it was increased 100% in September.

My Ikeja Electric meter tarrif was adjusted from N21 to N42 per unit in September

Nigeria is finished.

1 Like

Re: FG Secretly Raises Electricity Tariff - LEADERSHIP by Nobody: 3:21pm On Oct 12, 2021
Kind of funny reading this thread, and realising that Nigerians are a funny people.

The thing is, the power sector needs a lot of money to be fixed. Yet, Nigerians somehow want power, and they think that at the end of the day, the money to fix the power will fall from the sky.

I know, most Nigerians are poor. And to be honest, it isn't fair, and I feel the pain

But then I can type this from my home , and not as some 18 years ago, from an internet cafe,(paying N50 for one hour of very poor service) because the Obasanjo government allowed telecom companies to charge the prices they needed to raise the money needed to pay for improvements and upgrades. Something that governments have not done for the power sector....which is why we don't have light.

Sometimes, I think that Nigerians engage in magical thinking. You won't like government forcing you to run your business at a loss to help your poor customers, but you want government to do the same for the power sector. And you expect light?

And yes, we have to fight corruption. But the money needed to fix the power sector is far more than what our corrupt leaders loot in decades And you can only raise it by allowing the power sector to set the price at which it sells power.

1 Like

Re: FG Secretly Raises Electricity Tariff - LEADERSHIP by shakyum: 3:47pm On Oct 12, 2021
CuteEmma:
This isn’t a 2% hike but 57.89%, I don’t believe you.

I'm saying something base on experience not for you to believe.
Re: FG Secretly Raises Electricity Tariff - LEADERSHIP by Kirkman: 3:54pm On Oct 12, 2021
athaboi:
yes I will
When I pay 12k plus for DStv why won't I pay 20k for what powers the TV
Na wa o! This is what I call crinkum crankum.
I never see wet in go make me pay 20k as Nepa bill na NERC go finally settle the matter.
Re: FG Secretly Raises Electricity Tariff - LEADERSHIP by YoungAncient1: 3:54pm On Oct 12, 2021
We know

1 Like

Re: FG Secretly Raises Electricity Tariff - LEADERSHIP by Zagee: 4:18pm On Oct 12, 2021
This went up this month. Codedly done, nobody could shout. Next is gas, then fuel, then cost of goods and service and finally we can all sing cum-baya in 2022. Better start implementing austerity measures.
Re: FG Secretly Raises Electricity Tariff - LEADERSHIP by Ojukwubucket(m): 5:45pm On Oct 12, 2021
Moferere:

Illiterate Peoples of Biafra
Sophisticated morons of Oduduwa grin
Re: FG Secretly Raises Electricity Tariff - LEADERSHIP by captain247: 6:30pm On Oct 12, 2021
Hmmm worse is that some the kW is not the same price in a state. One center sold to me 193kw for 10k and after that I got 271kw for the same 10k via the website of PHED so really surprised the huge differences.
Re: FG Secretly Raises Electricity Tariff - LEADERSHIP by Brushstrokes20: 7:17pm On Oct 12, 2021
Spot on! Buhari is a satanic, sadistic, irredeemable demon that derives joy from inflicting hardship on Nigerians!
Re: FG Secretly Raises Electricity Tariff - LEADERSHIP by vikgreen01(m): 10:19pm On Oct 12, 2021
anorexicmuster:

Buypower is effective. I highly recommend it.

Thank you.
Re: FG Secretly Raises Electricity Tariff - LEADERSHIP by 9gerian: 10:11am On Oct 13, 2021
Interesting.

So do you limit consumption by switching of some appliances such as air conditioners, heaters etc.?

I notice some malls no longer use the central air conditioning system. The quality of ambience has been abysmal, even in some of the superstores.

wunmi590:

I noticed it, because I work as a manager of a mall, so the 100k token we used to consume for 7days now only last us for 4days and theres always a generator usage between the 4days, that means the 100k token doesn't last more than 3days....

Stupid country and stupid leaders, God of Righteousness2 go punish all of unah
Re: FG Secretly Raises Electricity Tariff - LEADERSHIP by wunmi590(m): 10:28am On Oct 13, 2021
9gerian:
Interesting.

So do you limit consumption by switching of some appliances such as air conditioners, heaters etc.?

I notice some malls no longer use the central air conditioning system. The quality of ambience has been abysmal, even in some of the superstores.

No, we can't tell tenant to start switching off their air condition, because it is their right to use it, since it has been factored in their yearly paid serviced charge...

The central air conditioning depends on how big the mall is, but to be honest, I still prefer the conventional air conditioning to the central air condition because of easy repair and fixing....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

VAT: Lagos, Oyo, Rivers, FCT Subsidise 33 States / Thieves Are In Buhari’s Government – Secondus / El-Rufai And Olusegun Obasanjo In South Africa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.