Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,947 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:48 PM

Class Room Population, Does It Matter To You? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Class Room Population, Does It Matter To You? (11721 Views)

New Class Room Blocks Complete In Anambra State(photos) / Always Dream Where Am In The Class Room / (hilarious) A 5 Yrs Old Boy Seen Teaching Unizik Students In The Class Room (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Class Room Population, Does It Matter To You? by maureensylvia(f): 8:00pm On Oct 11, 2021
Hi everyone,
What do you think about a school where
pupils are 4 or 5 in each class?

While some are 10 in a class...
No much population in the school.

Does it matter?

3 Likes

Re: Class Room Population, Does It Matter To You? by Darkmode64: 8:08pm On Oct 11, 2021
Well, I don't know what you're asking exactly. Did you mean effects of this low number on students?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Class Room Population, Does It Matter To You? by SUPERPACK: 8:16pm On Oct 11, 2021
The more balanced student to teacher ratio is the more effective teaching is. I am speaking from experience as I was in-charge of 50 students and when combined they become 100+ in a class during combine lessons. At those gathering only the first three desk are carried along due to noise and suffocation, even as a teacher you will get irritated by the students in front of you.

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Class Room Population, Does It Matter To You? by maureensylvia(f): 8:19pm On Oct 11, 2021
Darkmode64:
Well, I don't know what you're asking exactly. Did you mean effects of this low number on students?

Yea kinda
Or do you prefer high populated class for competition sake?
Re: Class Room Population, Does It Matter To You? by maureensylvia(f): 8:26pm On Oct 11, 2021
SUPERPACK:
The more balanced student to teacher ratio is the more effective teaching is. I am speaking from experience as I was in-charge of 50 students and when combined they become 100+ in a class during combine lessons. At those gathering only the first three desk are carried along due to noise and suffocation, even as a teacher you will get irritated by the students in front of you.

50 students in a classroom shocked
That's hugeeee

7 Likes

Re: Class Room Population, Does It Matter To You? by jaeyking(m): 8:31pm On Oct 11, 2021
maureensylvia:
Hi everyone,

Does it matter?

Cc: Seun lalasticlala mynd44 Richiez

At most should not exceed 25 students in a class.
Depending on the facilities available in the class room.

Was incharge of a class of over 60 students, not everyone would be truly carried along but for noise. They don't try that shit in my class

18 Likes

Re: Class Room Population, Does It Matter To You? by Oxb90: 8:32pm On Oct 11, 2021
maureensylvia:

50 students in a classroom shocked
That's hugeeee
50 and you say it's huge. Visit any of the government primary or secondary schools around you and you go bow. No to talk this one most Nigerian parents can't afford the kind of money the proprietors of private schools are demanding.

18 Likes

Re: Class Room Population, Does It Matter To You? by Darkmode64: 8:40pm On Oct 11, 2021
maureensylvia:

Yea kinda
Or do you prefer high populated class for competition sake?
Let's narrow it down.
As a teacher or as a parent?
As a teacher, the more students you have, the lesser chance of quick assimilation by student.

4 Likes

Re: Class Room Population, Does It Matter To You? by maureensylvia(f): 8:46pm On Oct 11, 2021
Darkmode64:

Let's narrow it down.
As a teacher or as a parent?
As a teacher, the more students you have, the lesser chance of quick assimilation by student.

I'm coming from the parents angle
I'll use my self as an example, last term.. my first son's class was thirty something.. that's too much for me.. though they had two teachers

I was already contemplating on removing him from the school, this term, as if the school management knew, they divided the class into 2.

I feel more comfortable with it

5 Likes

Re: Class Room Population, Does It Matter To You? by maureensylvia(f): 8:47pm On Oct 11, 2021
jaeyking:

At most should not exceed 25 students in a class.
Depending on the facilities available in the class room.

Was incharge of a class of over 60 students, not everyone would be truly carried along but for noise. They don't try that shit in my class

Yea, you're right not everyone will be carried along

1 Like

Re: Class Room Population, Does It Matter To You? by Darkmode64: 8:59pm On Oct 11, 2021
maureensylvia:

I'll use my self as an example, last term.. my first son's class was thirty something.. that's too much for me.. though they had two teachers

I was already contemplating on removing him from the school, this term, as if the school management knew, they divided the class into 2.

Oh wow. That's a little too much. I'm guessing it a private school? You have a good reason to be worried because it makes learning very difficult in some cases (even with two teachers). Reports say overcrowding reduces students' ability to pay attention. If your child is a fast learner, this shouldn't be a problem for him/her and finally, for you cool

5 Likes

Re: Class Room Population, Does It Matter To You? by pocohantas(f): 9:40pm On Oct 11, 2021
maureensylvia:

They were waiting for them to get to a particular number that can give a balanced half. I was told it is maximum of 20-25 for a standard (private) primary school. If they are 32, it would be hard to divide it 20, 12. But if they are 37, it makes more sense, considering they have to pay the second teacher and her assistant.

This is a new term and session. New students and perfect time to split a class. Please, communicate your future concerns to the administrator.

Woke generation of parents are no more vocal in PTA meetings and Open Days. That is if they attend sef. All they do is wait for cultural day to outdo themselves in kiddies fashion.

Yes, I am concerned with the number of students in class. Apart from aiding the learning process, hygiene is a thing too. Kids get touchy. Too many in a class isn’t good.

18 Likes

Re: Class Room Population, Does It Matter To You? by maureensylvia(f): 9:43pm On Oct 11, 2021
pocohantas:

They were waiting for them to get to a particular number that can give a balanced half. I was told it is 20-25 for a standard (private) primary school. If they are 32, it would be hard to divide it 20, 12. But if they are 37, it makes more sense, considering they have to pay the second teacher and her assistant.

This is a new term and session. New students and perfect time to split a class. Please, communicate your future concerns to the administrator.

Woke generation of parents are no more vocal in PTA meetings and Open Days. That is if they attend sef. All they do is wait for cultural day to outdo themselves in kiddies fashion.

Yes, I am concerned with the number of students in class. Apart from aiding the learning process, hygiene is a thing too. Kids get touchy. Too many in a class isn’t good.

You're intelligent

6 Likes

Re: Class Room Population, Does It Matter To You? by maureensylvia(f): 6:15pm On Oct 12, 2021
Darkmode64:

Oh wow. That's a little too much. I'm guessing it a private school? You have a good reason to be worried because it makes learning very difficult in some cases (even with two teachers). Reports say overcrowding reduces students' ability to pay attention. If your child is a fast learner, this shouldn't be a problem for him/her and finally, for you cool

Yea it's a private school, the overcrowding was my major concern... I had to give private lesson a thought

Lalasticlala howfar cheesy
People should share there ideas on this
Re: Class Room Population, Does It Matter To You? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Oct 12, 2021
grin Dem go dey ask too much plenty question per person grin

9 Likes

Re: Class Room Population, Does It Matter To You? by SSIPON(m): 6:39pm On Oct 12, 2021
The population matters o. Too much students in a class room can cause problems because the teacher will not be able to focus on the students properly.

3 Likes

Re: Class Room Population, Does It Matter To You? by Authoreety: 6:39pm On Oct 12, 2021
It matters a lot
Re: Class Room Population, Does It Matter To You? by Draslo(m): 6:40pm On Oct 12, 2021
shocked
Re: Class Room Population, Does It Matter To You? by tmtech: 6:40pm On Oct 12, 2021
Classes shouldn't be crowded.. it helps fir better student-teacher relationship
Re: Class Room Population, Does It Matter To You? by Matheusmartin: 6:41pm On Oct 12, 2021
Re: Class Room Population, Does It Matter To You? by Amarisco(f): 6:41pm On Oct 12, 2021
Apparently the smaller the classroom, the more attention and scaffolding a child gets
Re: Class Room Population, Does It Matter To You? by Kenny4lyfe(m): 6:41pm On Oct 12, 2021
maureensylvia:
Hi everyone,

Does it matter?

Of course it does. Low population means the teacher
won't have much problem adopting learning strategies that'll be of benefit to the pupils. It's overpopulated classrooms I find really challenging.
Re: Class Room Population, Does It Matter To You? by chii8(f): 6:42pm On Oct 12, 2021
Lolzzz....scanty population is not healthy too

3 Likes

Re: Class Room Population, Does It Matter To You? by illicit(m): 6:42pm On Oct 12, 2021
Yes
Re: Class Room Population, Does It Matter To You? by Romanoff(f): 6:44pm On Oct 12, 2021
Yes it does.

Imagine class wey teacher no sabi your name or face?

No one on one attention, you can do anything you like, teacher no kuku get time.

It's best that pupils are in few in a class so the teacher can give them quality attention.

3 Likes

Re: Class Room Population, Does It Matter To You? by Austema(m): 6:45pm On Oct 12, 2021
chii8:
Lolzzz

Why laughing ?
Re: Class Room Population, Does It Matter To You? by abobote: 6:45pm On Oct 12, 2021
The lesser the better, 10 to 25 is okay
Re: Class Room Population, Does It Matter To You? by xeratech: 6:45pm On Oct 12, 2021
As the best web developer from Nigeria I would say class ( PHP OOP class ) does matter wink
Re: Class Room Population, Does It Matter To You? by chloride6: 6:45pm On Oct 12, 2021
All the better for you..
Re: Class Room Population, Does It Matter To You? by jumper524(m): 6:46pm On Oct 12, 2021
Fewer students is healthy for the students and less competitive. The lesser the better
But competitiveness is quite less.
For primary, average of 25 to 30 is OK for learning.
Junior secondary. 30 to 40 while senior secondary should be 40 to 50.
That's both healthy for learning and good for competition..

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Patrick Obahiagbon's Comment On ASUU Strike / Reports Of Pandemic Is False - Michael Okpara University Of Agriculture, Umudike / Students Protest In LUTH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.