Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,567 members, 7,809,066 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:12 PM

Calachika: Inside Cross River Ultramodern Poultry (Photos) - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Calachika: Inside Cross River Ultramodern Poultry (Photos) (32720 Views)

See The Fine UGEP Ladies Frying Our Garri In YAKURR LGA, Cross River State. / ‘why Israelis Are Training 1,000 Cross River Farmers’ / My Egg Poultry Farming Experience As A New Farmer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Calachika: Inside Cross River Ultramodern Poultry (Photos) by lavixik: 9:10pm On Oct 11, 2021
Cross River ramps up chicken processing at 24000 birds per day factory as ultramodern poultry begins evacuation of birds

Poultry production and protein intake in Cross River in particular and Nigeria in general recently received a major boost as the ultra-modern Cross River state Poultry Farm Limited began the evacuation of birds from the facility to the Cross River Chicken Processing factory.

Situated at Odukpani, an outskirt of Calabar, the Poultry farm and the chicken processing factory both have installed capacity of 24000 birds per day.

The factory and the poultry are part of agro-based industries established by the administration of Governor Ben Ayade to create an economy for the state as well as jobs for the youth.

According to the Special Adviser to the Governor on Media and Publicity, Mr Christian Ita, Calachika which has been ready since last December suffered from inadequate supply of birds prompting the governor to speed up completion of the Poultry Farm.

"We are happy and excited that we are on the verge of producing chicken for commercial consumption. 

So, these are good times. Some persons who thought that this was all a mirage can now see that it is real. The birds are available and as such Calachika will be producing daily near it’s installed capacity.”

Production Manager of Calachika Chicken processing factory, Mr. Zia Ul Haq Abbasy, said the birds are of good quality and expressed confidence that "very soon, our chicken will be all over the Nigerian market. As you can see the birds we have here are of good quality.”

"The factory has an installed capacity of 24000 birds per day and based on my experience in 20 years of poultry processing, I don't find anything lacking in this system that Governor Ayade has installed here", Ziah, a Pakistani, further said.

The factory, he disclosed, was ready to get all the certification needed for export of its products as it has the capacity to expand to 60000 birds per day.

https://www.crossriverhub.com/cross-river-ramps-up-chicken-processing-at-24000-birds-per-day-factory-as-ultramodern-poultry-begins-evacuation-of-birds/

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Calachika: Inside Cross River Ultramodern Poultry (Photos) by lavixik: 9:11pm On Oct 11, 2021
More pictures

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Calachika: Inside Cross River Ultramodern Poultry (Photos) by Semikolo: 9:22pm On Oct 11, 2021
Okay let me book my space and wait for my turn

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Calachika: Inside Cross River Ultramodern Poultry (Photos) by Totilopussylick(m): 9:25pm On Oct 11, 2021
Seconded
Re: Calachika: Inside Cross River Ultramodern Poultry (Photos) by Nobody: 9:27pm On Oct 11, 2021
Good news

We need more of this in different part of Nigeria.

I wander why Nigerian billionaires are not investing much in large scale poultry.

Dem dey kill over 20 million chicken daily in the USA.

Some companies in the USA do sell millions of egg per year.

Make the Cross River Government establish one in Lagos too.

102 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Calachika: Inside Cross River Ultramodern Poultry (Photos) by Semikolo: 9:27pm On Oct 11, 2021
This is commendable... But wait oooh how do the get their chickens

5 Likes

Re: Calachika: Inside Cross River Ultramodern Poultry (Photos) by AntiBMC(m): 9:28pm On Oct 11, 2021
Wow. This is really splendid.

3 Likes

Re: Calachika: Inside Cross River Ultramodern Poultry (Photos) by NGpatriot: 9:34pm On Oct 11, 2021
This is because they don't have terrorist sit at home in Cross River.

People are working in CR, instead of slaughtering people like they are doing in the SE CR is slaughtering chicken to boost their growing economy, bringing investments and creating job.

Nice...

grin grin

27 Likes

Re: Calachika: Inside Cross River Ultramodern Poultry (Photos) by Nobody: 9:40pm On Oct 11, 2021
Semikolo:
This is commendable... But wait oooh how do the get their chickens
They have their poultry and they might also be buying from people involve in rearing chicken.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Calachika: Inside Cross River Ultramodern Poultry (Photos) by Semikolo: 9:51pm On Oct 11, 2021
DubaiLandLord2:
They have their poultry and they might also be buying from people involve in rearing chicken.

It's a commendable development... Atleast it will provide employment for the youths in that location

4 Likes

Re: Calachika: Inside Cross River Ultramodern Poultry (Photos) by Upjis: 10:07pm On Oct 11, 2021
DubaiLandLord2:
Good news

I wander why Nigerian billionaires are not investing much in large scale poultry.

You are sick in the head...

1 Like

Re: Calachika: Inside Cross River Ultramodern Poultry (Photos) by Nobody: 10:12pm On Oct 11, 2021
Upjis:

You are sick in the head...
Ah Ah shocked

I'm shock at this unnecessary and unprovoke aggression towards my comment.

I will just leave you and your fraustrated life alone sha.

Only a lowlife behave the way you do, and I won't be exchanging words with a lowlife like you that is beneath me.

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Calachika: Inside Cross River Ultramodern Poultry (Photos) by sirp9898(m): 10:58pm On Oct 11, 2021
NGpatriot:

People are working in CR, instead of slaughtering people like they are doing in the SE CR is slaughtering chicken to boost their growing economy, bringing investments and creating job.

Nice...
Guy no run mad because of s e
I no u are jelosy
Pretending as u love them
#searchyourconciense#

grin grin
Re: Calachika: Inside Cross River Ultramodern Poultry (Photos) by NGpatriot: 11:07pm On Oct 11, 2021
[s]
sirp9898:

Guy no run mad because of s e
I no u are jelosy
Pretending as u love them
#searchyourconciense#

[/s]

ipobian jihadi terrorists, the only reason you are here is to hate and jealous on the good people of CR, go an play with your jobless ipobian terrorists..

Nod..

grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Calachika: Inside Cross River Ultramodern Poultry (Photos) by sirp9898(m): 11:13pm On Oct 11, 2021
[quote author=NGpatriot post=106659073][s][/s]

ipobian jihadi terrorists, the only reason you are here is to hate and jealous on the good people of CR, go an play with your jobless ipobian terrorists..

Nod..

grin grin
Are sure you are from cross rivers or a Yoruba because that thread did not talk about ipob but you put in s e matter

#searchyourconscientifyouaresayingthetruthordeceivingyourself#

2 Likes

Re: Calachika: Inside Cross River Ultramodern Poultry (Photos) by dasparrow: 11:15pm On Oct 11, 2021
I like what I see. Good job Cross River!

1 Like

Re: Calachika: Inside Cross River Ultramodern Poultry (Photos) by mrvitalis(m): 11:33pm On Oct 11, 2021
DubaiLandLord2:
Good news

How many family can afford a full chicken per week

We need first to develop good seeds for corn and soy that can yield 6 to 10 tons per and 3 tones per hectares respectively ....

It cost 7000 for 25kg of feeds now that's 3.5kg per 1000 which is on the high side

If we developed the seeds we can make it at 3000 per 25kg which would give u 8kg or so per 1000

For a conversion rate of 1:2 for the first 8 weeks ...we produce a 3kg for around #400 feed , birds n drugs can be dropped to 500 so that's 900 to raise sale for #1500 ...that's only when families can buy them

For now it's not viable

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Calachika: Inside Cross River Ultramodern Poultry (Photos) by OBALOLA55(m): 11:38pm On Oct 11, 2021
NGpatriot:

Nice...

grin grin
AT 50, A SADLY MARRIED POLYGAMOUS FATHER OF 15 KIDS IS STILL BEHAVING LIKE SMALL PIKIN

24 Likes

Re: Calachika: Inside Cross River Ultramodern Poultry (Photos) by Wiseandtrue(f): 3:53am On Oct 12, 2021
lavixik:

The factory, he disclosed, was ready to get all the certification needed for export of its products as it has the capacity to expand to 60000 birds per day.
https://www.crossriverhub.com/cross-river-ramps-up-chicken-processing-at-24000-birds-per-day-factory-as-ultramodern-poultry-begins-evacuation-of-birds/
That's a good one coming from cross River! But producing for export E don reach Nigerians Which one go dey Nigeria if una dey export

I read somewhere that they feed school children with one chicken per term undecided

Why export E don reach Nigerians

How does Nigerians benefits

2 Likes

Re: Calachika: Inside Cross River Ultramodern Poultry (Photos) by Emmanuel909090: 4:06am On Oct 12, 2021
Good, at least we can stop importing chicken
Re: Calachika: Inside Cross River Ultramodern Poultry (Photos) by money121(m): 5:48am On Oct 12, 2021
Nice one
Good investment
Re: Calachika: Inside Cross River Ultramodern Poultry (Photos) by obaaderemi: 6:10am On Oct 12, 2021
DubaiLandLord2:
Ah Ah shocked

I'm shock at this unnecessary and unprovoke aggression towards my comment.

I will just leave you and your fraustrated life alone sha.

Only a lowlife behave the way you do, and I won't be exchanging words with a lowlife like you that is beneath me.
He is sick in the head.

4 Likes

Re: Calachika: Inside Cross River Ultramodern Poultry (Photos) by Villagemeat: 6:14am On Oct 12, 2021
Don't be decieve by pictures,Ayade is the worst Governor in the history of Cross River State...that pictures u see there is fake

5 Likes

Re: Calachika: Inside Cross River Ultramodern Poultry (Photos) by obaaderemi: 6:15am On Oct 12, 2021
mrvitalis:

How many family can afford a full chicken per week

We need first to develop good seeds for corn and soy that can yield 6 to 10 tons per and 3 tones per hectares respectively ....

It cost 7000 for 25kg of feeds now that's 3.5kg per 1000 which is on the high side

If we developed the seeds we can make it at 3000 per 25kg which would give u 8kg or so per 1000

For a conversion rate of 1:2 for the first 8 weeks ...we produce a 3kg for around #400 feed , birds n drugs can be dropped to 500 so that's 900 to raise sale for #1500 ...that's only when families can buy them

For now it's not viable

Good analysis.
But chicken can be sold in kilos and below. There are some packs of chicken one can buy for as low as #500 at shoprite. And I think they're supplied by Nigerian firms. People who can't afford full chicken can go for such or rear backyard chicken like I do.

2 Likes

Re: Calachika: Inside Cross River Ultramodern Poultry (Photos) by benuejosh: 6:43am On Oct 12, 2021
Imagine what other states are doing. In my state it is either Ortom is insulting Buhari or shouting herdsmen where there's none and shouting miyetti Allah up and down.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Calachika: Inside Cross River Ultramodern Poultry (Photos) by kindlyheart: 6:53am On Oct 12, 2021
good dev
Re: Calachika: Inside Cross River Ultramodern Poultry (Photos) by Upjis: 7:00am On Oct 12, 2021
Look at this lowlife insulting.. Hunger has destroyed your brain ,Am sorry for your poor parents for spending so much on your education.,Cause you are a big waste lol

You are a very big disgrace to your family ,tribe and country...as big as you are you can't spell frustrated? first work on your english boy lol

Your are really sick in the head.. Thinking that the Cross River Government will come open this for your foolish type in Lagos

You are really hungry ,Have you eaten this morning?

Poverty runs in your blood line

Send your account number let me send you some money to eat and feed your poor parents

Lol

1 Like

Re: Calachika: Inside Cross River Ultramodern Poultry (Photos) by Perfectbeing(m): 7:08am On Oct 12, 2021
Cross River is coming up on the news with a lot of good news these days. When you give your State an enabling environment, development will come.

Kudos. The the State Government.
Re: Calachika: Inside Cross River Ultramodern Poultry (Photos) by OG1BABY(f): 7:09am On Oct 12, 2021
Okay
Re: Calachika: Inside Cross River Ultramodern Poultry (Photos) by Upjis: 7:32am On Oct 12, 2021
Look at this lowlife insulting.. Hunger has destroyed your brain ,Am sorry for your poor parents for spending so much on your education.,Cause you are a big waste lol

You are a very big disgrace to your family ,tribe and country...as big as you are you can't spell frustrated? first work on your english boy lol

Your are really sick in the head.. Thinking that the Cross River Government will come open this for your foolish type in Lagos

You are really hungry ,Have you eaten this morning?

Poverty runs in your blood line

Send your account number let me send you some money to eat and feed your poor parents
Re: Calachika: Inside Cross River Ultramodern Poultry (Photos) by Xadan: 9:02am On Oct 12, 2021
tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See The Agricultural Products China Leads The World In Producing / FARMERGIANT offers POULTRY FARM ACCESSORIES For Sale In Nigeria / This Snake Was Killed In Our Farm Today (photo And Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.