Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,869 members, 7,802,800 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:55 PM

Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) (45632 Views)

Dubai Tram: Why Don't We Have This Mode Of Public Transport In Nigeria? (Photos) / Roads In Dubai Vs Roads In Nigeria (Photos) / Two Airliners Land Side By Side On Parallel Runways In California (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:26pm On Oct 12, 2021
God bless our Darling Daddy and his amiable Vice president Prof Yemi Osinbajo for all they are doing to make this once battered nation work again.
God bless Anambra State.
God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by TimeTraveller: 1:28pm On Oct 12, 2021
ok
Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by LILTJAY: 1:29pm On Oct 12, 2021
How many times will igbo people brag and disturb nairaland with this their warehouse of a airport, undecided ordinary airport that other states has had for decades and you guys wont let us rest with your typical cheatbeating and always comparing your inferior selves to others. . Useless people
If na una come dey build eko atlantic or orange island or one of the numerous planned articial islands being built in lagos, person for no even rest for here...
Chestbeaters grin

1 Like

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Xclusivedaniel6(m): 1:29pm On Oct 12, 2021
So the point of this post is to show us anambra airport

But seriously, why is no one talking about the fact that Anambra airport was a perfect way to embezzle huge amount of money
An Airport said to be $2.2B looking like a China warehouse

If you like quote me, it shows how you've been reduced to believing all this politians do is a favor

1 Share

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Pat081: 1:29pm On Oct 12, 2021
What of osun State airport ??

1 Like

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by TimeTraveller: 1:30pm On Oct 12, 2021
Lionnation:
There are no airports built by any south west states, all the airports in southwest are all federal government airport, chai.. This is sofistication

Yet, your people are all over the SW like bees on honey.
How many non-Igbos live comfortably in Igboland?
Not even Igbos like to live in their region.

Eat your airport na!
Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by jaxxy(m): 1:30pm On Oct 12, 2021
Why so much tribalism and negative comparison

1 Like

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by ismodiwa(m): 1:31pm On Oct 12, 2021
Is this news?
Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by afube: 1:32pm On Oct 12, 2021
post=106669502:
Abuja, Lagos, Kano and Port Harcourt were built by FG

The second longest runway in Nigeria was built by Anambra state government, remember Anambra Airport runway have 2 laser 06 and 24 of 1Km at each end making 5.7km that plane can land at both end of the runway, which doesn't exist in any airport in the country

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPHIqUsWtrY

It is not "laser" at the 2 ends of the runway, I believe it is RESA (Runway End Safety Area)........its an additional 1 km each on both ends of the normal runway. from what I learnt, the RESA is paved with a rather soft and easily collapsible pavement that will wedge any plane that overshoots the runway. Good work and kudos to you....you are a true champion of Anambra state.

3 Likes

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Empiree: 1:32pm On Oct 12, 2021
It is high time for Ógún and OYO States to build their international airports. They have enough land for the project.

1 Like

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Nobody: 1:35pm On Oct 12, 2021
I don't know how to put this so that I don't sound rude. First of all eko Atlantic City is everywhere online, secondly, the purpose of putting a project like this out here all the time is to market it. It's not an Orange, it's an airport and it needs to be seen as many times as possible

LILTJAY:
How many times will igbo people brag and disturb nairaland with this their warehouse of a airport, undecided ordinary airport that other states has had for decades and you guys wont let us rest with your typical cheatbeating and always comparing your inferior selves to others. . Useless people
If na una come dey build eko atlantic or orange island or one of the numerous planned articial islands being built in lagos, person for no even rest for here...
Chestbeaters grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 1:38pm On Oct 12, 2021
LILTJAY:
Chestbeaters grin
Eko Atlantic is being finance by Lebanese, Ongoing Millennium city in Anambra is being finance by Igbos

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Nobody: 1:38pm On Oct 12, 2021
Furious1:
First of all, we have the most educated population. Secondly that guy is not Igbo, he's trying to derail this thread, learn to understand ppl

And the chest beating begins...

They have the best in everything...
Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by senatorS2(m): 1:39pm On Oct 12, 2021
Why is Akwa Ibom State Airport not included here ?
Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by richeeyo(m): 1:39pm On Oct 12, 2021
Furious1:
Please nobody is talking about The Yorubas. Appreciate the topic, discuss it and leave others out of it

You a fool
SAraki built the ilorin international Airport
Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Nobody: 1:41pm On Oct 12, 2021
LILTJAY:
Chestbeaters grin

It baffles me

I keep finding reasons to call that warehouse a Airport!

The quality is so substandard that I doubt any international airline would even dare to land its first grade aircrafts.

Runway that erosion can wash off at anytime

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by nedekid: 1:42pm On Oct 12, 2021
Furious1:
Please nobody is talking about The Yorubas. Appreciate the topic, discuss it and leave others out of it

I taya
Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Nobody: 1:42pm On Oct 12, 2021
It's easy to conclude when you don't read the write up from the person I quoted. Besides, not everything is chest beating
OgunLaakaye:

And the chest beating begins...

They have the best in everything...

2 Likes

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by MI6Surveillance: 1:43pm On Oct 12, 2021
Anambra amaka

1 Like

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 1:44pm On Oct 12, 2021
afube:

It is not "laser" at the 2 ends of the runway, I believe it is RESA (Runway End Safety Area)........its an additional 1 km each on both ends of the normal runway. from what I learnt, the RESA is paved with a rather soft and easily collapsible pavement that will wedge any plane that overshoots the runway. Good work and kudos to you....you are a true champion of Anambra state.
Aviation language I guess that's the orientation, thanks.
Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Olam09(m): 1:47pm On Oct 12, 2021
Lionnation:
There are no airports built by any south west states, all the airports in southwest are all federal government airport, chai.. This is sofistication
It shows that almost all federal government money are been allocated to the south west.. west enjoy most of this allocation.
Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by OfficialAPCNig: 1:47pm On Oct 12, 2021
CaptainAyub:

grin grin
Be like dem get airstrip for Akure oo

FG airport.
Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by OfficialAPCNig: 1:48pm On Oct 12, 2021
Imustnottalk:
the airport in ondo state was built by who sir,when will you start thinking with your brain not your hands, must you always bring tribalism to everything

Its FG owned airport
Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by Victorclean1: 1:48pm On Oct 12, 2021
LILTJAY:
Chestbeaters grin

Only Lagos, what about other states in SW. I feel ashame anytime I pass through ondo, Oyo villages etc. These guys were honestly too backward in rural development.

5 Likes

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by val56: 1:51pm On Oct 12, 2021
DrSamOnowu87:
Willie's first son and not . Man u are cashing out real big in this administration.
Ur papa whisky Willie Obiakpo has anointed ur mouth & stomach with oil & ur hands,account with sensitive papers.

Pls show us d run way on ground & not this downloaded pix and d livescore u posted there. We need livematch i.e what is on ground & not grammar.
Anambra Amaka.
The Light of the Nation; my beloved state of d land of d rising sun, Unubi Nnewi South LGA precisely.
Greetings bro from another mother
This monika is from Unubi too
Glad to meet you here

2 Likes

Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by LILTJAY: 1:52pm On Oct 12, 2021
Victorclean1:

Only Lagos, what other states in SW. I was ashamed anytime I pass through ondo, Oyo villages etc. These guys were honestly so backward in rural development.
but your people are allover those backward places hawking different things in traffic there grin grin
Just for you to know, I have been to enugu, imo and anambra states
Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by MI6Surveillance: 1:53pm On Oct 12, 2021
Ekoile the Osun villager, why are you so pained about this airport? Why not look for a job? Lol

NGpatriot:

Calling this village landing pathway be insult to runways...Very soon, you go see bricklayers doing patch patch on the village landing strip..
One-year-old bridge don break apart and instead of hiring structural engineers and better contractor to fix the mediocre and poorly built village flyover, den hire village bricklayers to do patch patch..Bridges are built to last for 30-50 years, but na only one year bridge dey last in Anambra village..
Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by lexy2014: 1:54pm On Oct 12, 2021
post=106670100:
The control tower is the tallest in Nigeria, all concrete with elevator and central cooling system

What an achievement...a round of applause
Re: Longest Airport Runways In Nigeria(photos) by caracas: 1:54pm On Oct 12, 2021
Lionnation:
Poor people

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tinubu Square Bus-Stop Lagos In Mid 1930s (Throwback Photo) / Drone Picture Of Aba-owerri Road Showing How Neat Aba Has Become Recently / List Of Nationalities In The Crashed Ethiopian Airlines Plane

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.