Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,334 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:27 AM

Proof Of Unbelief - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Proof Of Unbelief (96 Views)

“faith In A Culture Of Unbelief” By Pastor Paul Adefarasin / Unbelief: The Sin That Hinders Us / What Condemns,UNBELIEF Or SIN? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Proof Of Unbelief by topshore(f): 3:41pm On Oct 12, 2021
Scripture Text: Hebrews 3:7-13.

“Understanding is the reward of faith. Therefore, seek not to understand that thou mayest believe, but believe that thou mayest understand.” – Augustine

The children of Israel wandered in the desert for an entire generation – 40 years – because of their unbelief at Kadesh and when they had reached the borders of the “Promised Land”, their leadership – all but two – agreed that taking the land was impossible – impossible for them, but possible for God! They were prohibited from reaching their goal – the promised blessing from God upon Israel.

Proof of Unbelief
Those with unbelief heart possess the following characteristics:
1. Complete rejection of Jesus Christ and his gospel
2.Acceptance of Christian theology, but living a life devoid of Christianity in practice. The religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world (James 1:27)
3.Refusing to accept certain parts of the Word of God within your life – the parts that you find personally displeasing.
4.Disliking spiritual and pure worship. Less comfortable with true worship, and more ensnared by rite and tradition.

Causes of Unbelief
- Ignorance of the gospel message and of scriptures that are useful for our discipleship.
- Believing you are saved based upon church membership or a religious heritage.
- The love of sin.
- Attachment to objects of sensual nature instead of attachment to Christ e.g. attachment to worldly music.
- Love of the world – The pleasures, riches, and honors of this world swell so much in the sinner’s eye that he considers eternal goals of no consequence and unworthy of his pursuit.

How To overcome Unbelief
The Holy Spirit is the way solution to overcoming unbelief. Through His Word (the Bible), he guides us to where, when and how of situations and gives us confidence in the God of all possibilities Romans 10:17.

Benefits of Believing
Psalm 81:13-14 – If my people would but listen to me, if Israel would follow my ways, how quickly would I subdue their enemies and turn my hand against their foes!
Revelation 3:20-21 – Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me.

Accept Christ and His Gospel today for tomorrow may be too late.

Say this: “Lord Jesus, I come to you today, I confess and accept You as my Lord and personal Saviour, come into my life and change my world today, in Your name I pray, amen!

If you have just given your life to Christ, welcome to the fold and congratulations!!!

God bless you.

Peace!

1 Like

Re: Proof Of Unbelief by Hezzyluv: 3:44pm On Oct 12, 2021
Good one, God bless u op

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Meditate On This Tonight / Say These Thanksgiving Prayers To The Most High God. Click Link. / Meditate On This Tonight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.