Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,727 members, 7,805,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:39 AM

Why Osinbajo Advocates Forex Policy That Curbs Arbitrage & Corruption - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Osinbajo Advocates Forex Policy That Curbs Arbitrage & Corruption (11881 Views)

How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria / Naira Swap: PDP Is Supporting A Policy That’s Wrecking Families - Arewa Group / Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Osinbajo Advocates Forex Policy That Curbs Arbitrage & Corruption by omohayek: 8:58am On Oct 14, 2021
lexy2014:

offpoint. doesnt answer d simple question:

is osinbajo and d CBN governor not in d same govt that osinbajo is trying to call d attention of d CBN governor? yes or no
Short answer, since you seem incapable of understanding simple English: NO, they are NOT in the same government! The CBN is NOT part of Buhari's government! It is an INDEPENDENT institution: the ONLY influence politicians have on it is when they choose someone to give a 5-year term to.

Of course, I'm sure you won't understand this explanation either, whether because you really are that intellectually limited, or you're just another tribalist hellbent on pretending Osinbajo is as guilty for this incompetent forex policy as your "kinsman" who is the one actually in charge.

1 Like

Re: Why Osinbajo Advocates Forex Policy That Curbs Arbitrage & Corruption by lexy2014: 9:21am On Oct 14, 2021
omohayek:

Short answer, since you seem incapable of understanding simple English: NO, they are NOT in the same government! The CBN is NOT part of Buhari's government! It is an INDEPENDENT institution: the ONLY influence politicians have on it is when they choose someone to give a 5-year term to.

Of course, I'm sure you won't understand this explanation either, whether because you really are that intellectually limited, or you're just another tribalist hellbent on pretending Osinbajo is as guilty for this incompetent forex policy as your "kinsman" who is the one actually in charge.

I don't need ur irrelevant English.

Who owns CBN and who does d governor report to?

Who is my kinsman and how's that relevant to d question I asked??
Re: Why Osinbajo Advocates Forex Policy That Curbs Arbitrage & Corruption by omohayek: 11:37am On Oct 14, 2021
lexy2014:

I don't need ur irrelevant English.

Thanks for confirming that you really are of subnormal intelligence, rather than being just another tribalist looking to shift blame from the utterly incompetent and cowardly Emefiele to Osinbajo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Osinbajo Advocates Forex Policy That Curbs Arbitrage & Corruption by lexy2014: 12:34pm On Oct 14, 2021
omohayek:

Thanks for confirming that you really are of subnormal intelligence, rather than being just another tribalist looking to shift blame from the utterly incompetent and cowardly Emefiele to Osinbajo.

Still doesn't answer d simple questions:

Re: Why Osinbajo Advocates Forex Policy That Curbs Arbitrage & Corruption by pquaver(m): 1:26pm On Oct 14, 2021
grandstar:

Emefiele's problem is that rather than assert the semi-autonomy the CBN has, he has allowed the president dictate to him rather than tell him off as his British counterpart did to the former prime minister Theresa May.

He was doing quite well until PMB assumed office and pegged the Naira

That is not true. He is doing his thing. The president has not interfered in areas of his strength and where he easily can, is now emefiele he wants to dictate to.. Oga this lies sofri sofri dey lie to yourself.. Emefiele is calling the shots und if it's not going well then call out his failure.. PMB is one president in Nigeria that doesn't interfere in work he delegates to people.. He lets them do their work.. If he didn't believe in emefiele, emefiele won't be there.. That you know.. So stop running around and hit the nail on its head
Re: Why Osinbajo Advocates Forex Policy That Curbs Arbitrage & Corruption by BigIyanga: 6:01pm On Oct 14, 2021
grandstar:

The CBN is autonomous but the present governor has refused to assert his independence. Remember he was hired to replace the loudmouth and straight talking Lamido Sanusi. They needed someone paint and submissive which sadly turned out to be what Buhari needed.
Not true in practice. SLS was a better governor than this timid and crony-entrenched Emefiele.
GEJ fired SLS.. where was the independence?

1 Like

Re: Why Osinbajo Advocates Forex Policy That Curbs Arbitrage & Corruption by grandstar(m): 6:25pm On Oct 14, 2021
BigIyanga:

Not true in practice. SLS was a better governor than this timid and crony-entrenched Emefiele.
GEJ fired SLS.. where was the independence?

SLS was actually suspended but it was basically a sack. There was a lot of drama before he was suspended. He needed approval from the senate or house of representatives if I'm correct. It's not a walk in the park process..

Yes, you're 100% right about SLS. Emefiele should have longed been sacked.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ango Abdullahi: North Will Not Support Candidate Exploiting Religion, Ethnicity / PHOTOS: Sen. Gbenga Ashafa Picks APC Nomination Form / President Buhari Appoints Abike Dabiri As Chairman Of The National Diaspora Comm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.