Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,494 members, 7,781,482 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:17 PM

Some Sensible Ideas On How To Solve The Boko Haram Problem - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Some Sensible Ideas On How To Solve The Boko Haram Problem (10203 Views)

Ultimate Solution To The Boko Haram Problem In Nigeria? / Boko Haram - Problem, Reaction, Solution / Jonathan Says Boko Haram Problem Is Not Beyond What He Can Manage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Sensible Ideas On How To Solve The Boko Haram Problem by ypad: 4:00pm On Jun 01, 2011
You provide solutions to people that are fighting a just cause and whose resources contributing to the economic growth of the Nation. Niger-Delta fight is a JUST FIGHT. I 'm not from Niger-delta but the truth i speak.

boko haram are against western education and wants govt shut down all western schools. so, what do u think is the solution?

The brono govt thought they can get FG by introducing sharia in the state, now many Moslem's are now extremist, that's how boko haram came to be. they used phones, gums, bomb for fight, when they are sick they go to hospital and they cloths, shoes etc yet western education is a taboo.

This people and their chad counterpart should be wipe away.
Re: Some Sensible Ideas On How To Solve The Boko Haram Problem by udezue(m): 4:31pm On Jun 01, 2011
Just try and execute those sons of bychez.
Re: Some Sensible Ideas On How To Solve The Boko Haram Problem by homerac7: 4:37pm On Jun 01, 2011
I dont see solution in dialogue. Why? U can only dialogue when there's room for compromises and accomodation. But BH came out wt total rejection of d most fundamental basis of d government- d Nigerian constitution, and by so doing declared a clear war on every organ of statehood. My friend, its an act of war!

Dialogue can only come in when they recant their tenets first. But until then, WE r technically in a state of war with BH by their own declaration.

Military might crushed maitatsine finally in 2002 when d last enclave was bursted in d Biu mountains along d boarder wt cameroon and d last insurgents machine-gunned to pieces.

Its same option we r left wt presently in ds case but absence of strong political will due to whatever complications mr president is avoiding. But as long as d status quo remains, we r at war.
Re: Some Sensible Ideas On How To Solve The Boko Haram Problem by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jun 01, 2011
russellino:

Dialogue will not work. These Boko Haram guys have one mission and that is to destroy the existing western style establishment and replace it with a sharia oriented government. The threat is worse than what many people can imagine. Governor Sheriff was actually approached by an ex- member of his cabinet to join them. imagine the calibre of some of the members. There are also strong feelers that the security agencies have been compromised so where do we start from. GEJ had better take them seriously o !
OMG! i never knew this was their intention!
now i will never doubt the rumour that they were sent all the way from niger! up from northern africa! about islam mission to implement their islam on the world by starting with africa!
indeed no dialogue is needed!!!!!! i wish the power will be handed over to me just for 1week! i promise this will be a past story!!!! angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Some Sensible Ideas On How To Solve The Boko Haram Problem by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jun 01, 2011
Akpuoru:

I wish Abacha was still alive
GOD FORBID!! DO YOU THINK YOU CAN BE USING INTERNET SERVICE TALK MORE WRTTING!! THE MAN WONT STOP BUT WILL EVEN AID THEM!! INFACT I WISH ABACHA WOULD DIE THE SECOND TIME IN HELL WFERE HE IS.

THE RIGHT WORD WOULD BE
Akpuoru:

I wish Abacha Obasanjo was still alivethe president
Re: Some Sensible Ideas On How To Solve The Boko Haram Problem by daroz(m): 7:35pm On Jun 01, 2011
what a ridiculous aproach sugested by the writer. This is all crap
Re: Some Sensible Ideas On How To Solve The Boko Haram Problem by EgbeNak: 8:24pm On Jun 01, 2011
Sometimes diplomacy works.
After 8yrs of war with the Taliban, mighty America is now willing to negotiate with people they call terrorist.
Diplomacy sometimes work.
Re: Some Sensible Ideas On How To Solve The Boko Haram Problem by Rhino5dm: 8:28pm On Jun 01, 2011
Typical Nigerians with double standards.

What justification do MEND used to bomb Abuja and kill innocent people on independent day?

What justification do CPC supporters used to Kill innocent people?

All i see is bad dreamers making some unrealistic wishes in other to satisfy their lust od accusing others while they are doing thesame.

How can Nigerians be brain washed to extent of believing that a group with reknown phd holders as members are against western education? They created Boko Haram and are using it to cash on the guilibility of average Nigerian illiterates to pursue their political gain.
Re: Some Sensible Ideas On How To Solve The Boko Haram Problem by 4Play(m): 9:51pm On Jun 01, 2011
If you read the first page of that article, you will see that we have tried the usual Nigerian tactic of dealing with insurgent groups through violence and Boko Haram are more deadly today than ever. Perhaps, it's sensible to try something different, like dialogue.
Re: Some Sensible Ideas On How To Solve The Boko Haram Problem by soldee: 10:02pm On Jun 01, 2011
The only way to keep Nigerian insurgents in check is to capture their leader, keep him in custody, and use whatever means to make him cooperate and remote control his followers from prison - or wherever.

Boko Haram right now has no solution because while the military used superb intelligence to capture their leader, they handed him over to the police who brutally executed him while onlookers videoed the show on their mobile phones and the scenes went viral all round. Those clips are what are fuelling the new spate of violence we have now. Pockets of revenge with no leader, with each capsule hoping to do something violent enough to deserve the leadership position.

Its still a long way to go. They are scattered. Who will gather them and talk to them? Its like slamming a beehive on the ground and then using a gun to chase each bee. Smh!
Re: Some Sensible Ideas On How To Solve The Boko Haram Problem by Energy48(m): 12:41am On Jun 02, 2011
homerac7:

I dont see solution in dialogue. Why? U can only dialogue when there's room for compromises and accomodation. But BH came out wt total rejection of d most fundamental basis of d government- d Nigerian constitution, and by so doing declared a clear war on every organ of statehood. My friend, its an act of war!

Dialogue can only come in when they recant their tenets first. But until then, WE r technically in a state of war with BH by their own declaration.

Military might crushed maitatsine finally in 2002 when d last enclave was bursted in d Biu mountains along d boarder wt cameroon and d last insurgents machine-gunned to pieces.

Its same option we r left wt presently in ds case but absence of strong political will due to whatever complications mr president is avoiding. But as long as d status quo remains, we r at war.

In this day and age of the suicide bombers, military might usually makes things worse. Remember you can catch more flies with honey than swatting them. Dialogue is like that. On the other hand, unleashing the military on religious zealots only recruits more cadets for the terrorists,  Think about that.
Re: Some Sensible Ideas On How To Solve The Boko Haram Problem by homerac7: 6:59am On Jun 02, 2011
^ my friend, when u talk dialogue, u negotiate. When u negotiate, u make compromoses on giv and take. But in case of BH,what wld u negotiate wt dem? Dat dey stop bombing and hav freedom to liv outside d constitution? Stop guerilla attacks and impose ur strange backward sectional doctrines on an entirety of a region? If at all such agreement ever happens, do u knw implication of givin cheese to a rat? Its worse dn cancer my friend.

Routing dem out at whatever cost now is a much lesser price to pay dn allowing it stay. Some things just wont b right. U only need to know what BH tenets r to knw why I maintain a zero tolerance stance against dem. If anyone is to get weary, let it b dem, never us. If dey want action,giv it to dem big time. If dey want it prolonged, drag it longer wt big heat on dem. In all, never encourage such extremism to fledge, or u die regreting u ever did.
Re: Some Sensible Ideas On How To Solve The Boko Haram Problem by kcjazz(m): 7:27am On Jun 02, 2011
Yesterday it was Maitasine, today it is Boko Haram. Tommorow ? To solve this issue short term, dialogue with the right folks (not giving amnesty) plus improve security.

I am more interested in the long term, the core problem is poverty and a collapse of the Northern industry, not bigotry or Islam, the government needs to device a strategy to emphasize education for more girls/females in the North to fight this problem and change the face of the North. It will require guts to change the current culture but it is the price we have to pay for neglect

(1) (2) (Reply)

South East May Actually Been Marginalized; See Raesons / Presidency Blames Niger Delta Crisis For Slow 2016 Budget Implementation. / Southern Kaduna: Miyetti Allah Resolves To Make Peace With Neighbours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.