Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:26 AM

Ikorodu: 3 Killed As Gang Members Engage in Supremacy Clashes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikorodu: 3 Killed As Gang Members Engage in Supremacy Clashes (23756 Views)

Chain Vs Full Fire: Tension As Gang War Rages In Benue, Dozens Killed / 2023 Presidency: In Supremacy Contest For Kano, Atiku, Tinubu Go Dirty / Kaduna Train Attack: BBC Describes Terrorists As 'Gang' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ikorodu: 3 Killed As Gang Members Engage in Supremacy Clashes by prof2007: 2:11am On Oct 13, 2021
Three persons have been reportedly killed in the ongoing supremacy clashes involving members of the Eiye and Aiye cults in Owode and Ibeshe communities, in the Igbogbo Bayeku Local Council Development Area of Lagos State. Among the victims was a betting agent, identified only as Segun, who was hit by a stray bullet.

Our correspondent learnt that the other two victims were suspected cultists, one of whom was shot dead around the F1 bar in the Ebute area of Ikorodu West LCDA last Sunday. PUNCH Metro gathered that the supremacy battle had been ongoing for over a month in the communities. Some residents were said to have abandoned their houses to seek refuge in safe environments, while many lived in constant fear of the unknown.

A source said the cultists usually engaged one another with guns, cutlasses and machetes, adding that business activities in the Owode and Ibeshe areas had been grounded due to the cult attacks. The source said, “What is going on is totally uncalled for, and it is sad that an innocent person, Segun, that I knew very well was killed by a stray bullet shot by these cultists. Two other suspected cultists were killed. One was shot dead adjacent to the F1Bar in Ebute, Ikorodu.

“The clashes between Aiye cultists from Owode and Eiye cultists from Ibeshe have been going on for over a month. What we gathered was that the Eiye cultists killed an Aiye cultist and they have been fighting and killing one another, including innocent residents. From 6pm in Owode and Ibeshe, everywhere is deserted; you won’t even see anyone moving from 7pm for their own safety. The situation has got to a stage where cultists rob hawkers and business persons of their goods at will. Residents have been relocating; I am also planning to relocate my family.”

A politician, Rotimi Balogun, said the cultists were fighting over tax collection from truck drivers conveying sand into the community, and land matters, adding that the police in the area needed support to resolve the problem. He said, “At least 3 people have been killed and the crisis has been going on for 4 weeks. We have reported to the police, but I don’t think the police station in Ibeshe has the capacity to quell the crisis on ground as they need backup. The atmosphere is charged; everyone is just anticipating because the cultists can start fighting suddenly.”

The state Police Public Relations Officer, CSP Adekunle Ajisebutu, said he would get back to our correspondent after being briefed. He had yet to do so as of press time.

https://punchng.com/three-killed-as-cultists-hold-lagos-communities-hostage-for-one-month/

Re: Ikorodu: 3 Killed As Gang Members Engage in Supremacy Clashes by joyandfaith: 3:17am On Oct 13, 2021
And police are looking for peaceful protesters. NGF is definition of waste.

69 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ikorodu: 3 Killed As Gang Members Engage in Supremacy Clashes by Ever8090: 3:28am On Oct 13, 2021
Security operatives are doing oil bunkary

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikorodu: 3 Killed As Gang Members Engage in Supremacy Clashes by chukwuibuipob: 3:58am On Oct 13, 2021
sad Good for nothing pipu

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikorodu: 3 Killed As Gang Members Engage in Supremacy Clashes by RPG2020(m): 4:58am On Oct 13, 2021
shocked
Re: Ikorodu: 3 Killed As Gang Members Engage in Supremacy Clashes by Foreign231(m): 4:59am On Oct 13, 2021
There is more to life than supremacy Battle. It never ends. So do not let it end your life. HE WHO FIGHTS AND RUN, LIVES TO TELL THE TALE

11 Likes

Re: Ikorodu: 3 Killed As Gang Members Engage in Supremacy Clashes by Curious345: 5:00am On Oct 13, 2021
Anything goes.

I have always said, IF THEM DASH ME HOUSE FOR IKORODU I GO REJECT AM.

Ikorodu is a state on its own. Don't ever call that place lagos..

Its OUTSIDE LIFE..

NOT insideLife.

74 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikorodu: 3 Killed As Gang Members Engage in Supremacy Clashes by Curious345: 5:00am On Oct 13, 2021
Hnmm.
Hopefully, the caponné of lagos state makes move to redeem his image and tame his fully funded army of terror.

I can tell you 3 reasons of proof, that says "lagos agbero are worse than BOKO HARAM AND FULANI TERRORISTS COMBINED".

12 Likes

Re: Ikorodu: 3 Killed As Gang Members Engage in Supremacy Clashes by BlowYourMind: 5:02am On Oct 13, 2021
ok
Re: Ikorodu: 3 Killed As Gang Members Engage in Supremacy Clashes by bankolefun(m): 5:02am On Oct 13, 2021
End time pasta Righteousness 89!!
Where art tho??
Come put mouth for this yarn!!
Re: Ikorodu: 3 Killed As Gang Members Engage in Supremacy Clashes by helinues: 5:05am On Oct 13, 2021
As long as they are killing themselves, we have nothing to wory about.

They are only helping in eradicating miscreants from Lagos state

12 Likes

Re: Ikorodu: 3 Killed As Gang Members Engage in Supremacy Clashes by zolajpower: 5:05am On Oct 13, 2021
This is why I hate ikorodu ..... I dont like going there due to this cult activities unchecked.

6 Likes

Re: Ikorodu: 3 Killed As Gang Members Engage in Supremacy Clashes by McAausim: 5:09am On Oct 13, 2021
I feel no pity for them.....

Useless children

Shun cultist

4 Likes

Re: Ikorodu: 3 Killed As Gang Members Engage in Supremacy Clashes by Nobody: 5:11am On Oct 13, 2021
Ipob did it o...

Wey that demon possessed oyigboupd8, udele guy abeg tell us how ipob take plan all this one.

2 Likes

Re: Ikorodu: 3 Killed As Gang Members Engage in Supremacy Clashes by Foreign231(m): 5:12am On Oct 13, 2021
Curious345:
Anything goes.

I have always said, IF THEM DASH ME HOUSE FOR IKORODU I GO REJECT AM.

Ikorodu is a state on its own. Don't ever call that place lagos..

Its OUTSIDE LIFE..

NOT insideLife.
IF DEM DASH YOU HOUSE FOR IKD, DONT LET IGNORANCE ALLOW YOU REJECT IT.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ikorodu: 3 Killed As Gang Members Engage in Supremacy Clashes by ATEAMS: 5:18am On Oct 13, 2021
Nawao0
Re: Ikorodu: 3 Killed As Gang Members Engage in Supremacy Clashes by Harrykn: 5:19am On Oct 13, 2021
Nothing new.
I don't have Rip to waste. Boys are looking for means of survival there you are claiming cultist with empty pocket.

1 Like

Re: Ikorodu: 3 Killed As Gang Members Engage in Supremacy Clashes by Authoreety: 5:22am On Oct 13, 2021
They should wipe themselves out
Re: Ikorodu: 3 Killed As Gang Members Engage in Supremacy Clashes by easyfem(m): 5:22am On Oct 13, 2021
So with Nigeria situation , people still dey do cultist ?

They are not inform too ?

Kwatinue

1 Like

Re: Ikorodu: 3 Killed As Gang Members Engage in Supremacy Clashes by UTILITYMAY(m): 5:23am On Oct 13, 2021
They've started again!

3 Likes

Re: Ikorodu: 3 Killed As Gang Members Engage in Supremacy Clashes by cardoctor(m): 5:23am On Oct 13, 2021
Ikorodu. What a place

4 Likes

Re: Ikorodu: 3 Killed As Gang Members Engage in Supremacy Clashes by Nobody: 5:24am On Oct 13, 2021
joyandfaith:
And police are looking for peaceful protesters. NGF is definition of waste.

Just be spewing gibberish at will

Even the United States has not curbed gang violence

2 Likes

Re: Ikorodu: 3 Killed As Gang Members Engage in Supremacy Clashes by Nobody: 5:26am On Oct 13, 2021
GayPontiff:
Ipob did it o...

Wey that demon possessed oyigboupd8, udele guy abeg tell us how ipob take plan all this one.

You don chop?

2 Likes

Re: Ikorodu: 3 Killed As Gang Members Engage in Supremacy Clashes by dettolgel: 5:27am On Oct 13, 2021
South West is turning to Afghanistan. grin

All those Igbo "lovers" that are worried about the security problem in SE should please divert their concerns to their own backyards. grin

9 Likes

Re: Ikorodu: 3 Killed As Gang Members Engage in Supremacy Clashes by gambia(m): 5:27am On Oct 13, 2021
It's a welcome development, wasted youths.
Re: Ikorodu: 3 Killed As Gang Members Engage in Supremacy Clashes by Curious345: 5:28am On Oct 13, 2021
Foreign231:

IF DEM DASH YOU HOUSE FOR IKD, DONT LET IGNORANCE ALLOW YOU REJECT IT.
that one na talk?

You sef saabi say I talk true

1 Like

Re: Ikorodu: 3 Killed As Gang Members Engage in Supremacy Clashes by nanauju(f): 5:45am On Oct 13, 2021
lipsrsealed
Re: Ikorodu: 3 Killed As Gang Members Engage in Supremacy Clashes by ALCOHOLKILLS(m): 5:54am On Oct 13, 2021
Afonja land and gang thugs self... It was just last week some lunatic thugs attacked my friend in Lagos and break his car screen claiming he insulted their chairman, when he finally see this chairman, I realised why those Lagos thugs will forever remain poor....... How can a local dirty lunatic who no even get common bicycle be your chairman Pathetic

7 Likes

Re: Ikorodu: 3 Killed As Gang Members Engage in Supremacy Clashes by Kinimajor: 6:11am On Oct 13, 2021
Aro mate...who wider you gone wrong
Lol

People de find means of survival you say na fight you wan fight...Idiots

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Magu: Diezani Stole $2.5bn Supported By Generation Of Looters / Akinwumi: Despite Paying High Taxes, Nigerians Still Provide Water, Electricity / Organisation Of Islamic Countries (OIC) Congratulates President-elect, Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.