Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,844 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:09 AM

Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? (29358 Views)

My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) / Penis Seen Inside Food Served In Lagos Restaurant (Video) / What A Lady Ordered In A Nigerian Restaurant, And What They Served Her (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Boniwhite: 9:53am On Oct 13, 2021
Dear nairalanders,i was having a conversation with a family friend last week.
and she said,she doesn like visitors remaining food served to them. then i told her there is nothing wrong in finishing the food served to you by your host! So am seeking your opinion,
is it wrong to finish food serve to you by your host? Like wont they (your host)look at you as a glutton? Lets hear from you guys.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by TarOrfeeek: 10:21am On Oct 13, 2021
You cannot serve me Ofe-Akwu with salted, well cooked foreign rice and goat meat; then expect something to remain.

angry

Infact one time my grandmother had to slap sense into me.

When we went to the house of her "enemy" on Easter Sunday. The devilish woman offered me freshly cooked Ofe-Akwu and White Rice with Big Fish.

Imagine my Granny thinking I would say NO. grin

I just did small sign of the cross, then proceeded to demolish the food in such a way, that my granny was so bitter looking at me.

On the road back to our house, she remove her koi-koi shoe use am reset my brain.

But it was worth it.

581 Likes 45 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by greenie77: 10:37am On Oct 13, 2021
Who will I remain the food for? cheesy grin

31 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by mariahAngel(f): 11:23am On Oct 13, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

You cannot serve me Ofe-Akwu with salted, well cooked foreign rice and goat meat; then expect something to remain.

angry

Infact one time my grandmother had to slap sense into me.

When we went to the house of her "enemy" on Easter Sunday. The devilish woman offered me freshly cooked Ofe-Akwu and White Rice with Big Fish.

Imagine my Granny thinking I would say NO. grin

I just did small sign of the cross, then proceeded to demolish the food in such a way, that my granny was so bitter looking at me.

On the road back to our house, she remove her koi-koi shoe use am reset my brain.

But it was worth it.

Onye akpiri ogologo! grin

Na your type gbomogbomo dey carry go. cheesy

185 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Foodqueen(f): 11:45am On Oct 13, 2021
Na forming level.

All those things don de pass now.

108 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Kobojunkie: 12:56pm On Oct 13, 2021
Boniwhite:
and she said,she doesn like visitors remaining food served to them. then i told her there is nothing wrong in finishing the food served to you by your host! So am seeking your opinion,
is it wrong to finish food serve to you by your host? Like wont they (your host)look at you as a glutton? Lets hear from you guys.
Respect the food... how long it took for all components to grow and the cost to get it from the farm to the kitchen and then prepared and placed in front of you. Then consider the many out there who are starving while you are busy debating in your mind whether you should finish food placed in front of you. undecided

When you do that, you will maybe better understand why it matters not what your host may think but instead that you waste not. undecided

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Cokahot: 2:22pm On Oct 13, 2021
I did that to my tenant 3 years ago,I do t know if she laced the food with juju or it was a must that I finished the food before the juju will work. Well I trusted .y instincts, I didn't finish the food but I crushed the meat and chicken. After she came thru,and asked with authority why I didn't finish it,fear 1st catch me. Why sudden visit. She was owing me 2 good years rent and I never fell for her seduction. Never. She paid me half a month later,i gave her quit notice by June. Dec I counted my loss and got me a new tenant.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Richy4(m): 2:27pm On Oct 13, 2021

I guess that some visitors remain just a little food so that it won't look like they came to your house with empty stomach...

Also they were trying to avoid kids/ the little ones telling each other on how that uncle came and finished the entire food served and would have requested for more assuming he/she was asked to take another helping..

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Sonnobax15(m): 4:17pm On Oct 13, 2021
lipsrsealed
It is very important not to finish the meal you're served as a visitor undecided. E get why undecided. No go fall your hand because of say you dey hungry lipsrsealed. Hunger at it's best can still be controlled...... Leave small thing for your ancestors lipsrsealed. No be wetin dem talk for your presence nai matter,but na wetin dem go talk after you clean the plate finish and comot nai matter lipsrsealed.

So my fellow visitors, always use your brains.

95 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Truvelisback(m): 4:25pm On Oct 13, 2021
Boniwhite:
Maybe, the food no sweet. E.g pepperless food, saltless food or tasteless food.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Boniwhite: 4:52pm On Oct 13, 2021
Truvelisback:
Maybe, the food no sweet. E.g pepperless food, saltless food or tasteless food.
It could be a courtesy thing

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Matheusmartin: 4:54pm On Oct 13, 2021
Boniwhite:

So that you wouldn't end up calling him/her glutton that has been food starved for a long time...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Kobojunkie: 4:58pm On Oct 13, 2021
Boniwhite:
It could be a courtesy thing
of what value is it? undecided

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by PENISgod: 6:21pm On Oct 13, 2021
Give them that same food to Goan eat privately and I promise u that plate will Neva remain d same

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by slawormiir: 6:21pm On Oct 13, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Nothing wrong bro

Give me okro and eba....I will finish it one time....

Infact I will go to your kitchen myself to check if there is more....

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by fergie001: 6:21pm On Oct 13, 2021
Some years ago, I went to a Venerable's house at Elere and was offered Rice.

I was really really hungry but usual nah, left some pieces on the plate. His wife came to clear the stuffs and say ahn ahn, you didn't finish the rice?

Please finish it, We don't have dogs here.

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Oct 13, 2021
How is this on homepage?

I don't even understand this Nairaland anymore.

It seems Seun is bored with his creation and he has left if on autopilot.

With all the terrible grammar and all, this made homepage.

Na wa o.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Oct 13, 2021
Very simple so that it's doesn't seems like the person is really hungry, of which in truth the person is actually hungry.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Virus99: 6:21pm On Oct 13, 2021
Everybody dey always form na grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by hakeem4(m): 6:22pm On Oct 13, 2021
So they would think I came to their house to eat Abi?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Crossroad1(m): 6:22pm On Oct 13, 2021
grin
Make we no go finish come turn how matter to topic..

Dem go be like, oboy, that guy na glutton o, he even chop bone join

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by BKayy: 6:22pm On Oct 13, 2021
Ans = stupidity
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Oduduwa707: 6:22pm On Oct 13, 2021
To avoid 'see-finish' ni ooo. grin

13 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Otaiky(m): 6:22pm On Oct 13, 2021
E
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by McAausim: 6:22pm On Oct 13, 2021
grin
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by GeneralPula: 6:22pm On Oct 13, 2021
I gets filled quickly when I eat food that I didn’t prepare myself..

That’s mine..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by G0LANHEIGHTS(m): 6:22pm On Oct 13, 2021
Na visitor wey no hungry the remain food.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by afo4real(m): 6:22pm On Oct 13, 2021
Na shyness cause am.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by BrainSanitizer: 6:22pm On Oct 13, 2021
Why don't you invite people to your house and ask anyone who doesn't finish their food why they didn't finish it?
Before you feed people for 2 weeks, you must have gotten your answer.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Felabrity: 6:22pm On Oct 13, 2021
It should be clear enough
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by inoki247: 6:22pm On Oct 13, 2021
Which one be Most Nigerian aw u take du d censors U don invite me to ur house before to confirm...

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Baawaa(m): 6:23pm On Oct 13, 2021
G

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mirinda, Lucozade Unsafe For Consumption – CPC / FCCPC Shuts Chinese Restaurant Over ‘Discrimination’ / Prices Of Foodstuffs In Nigeria By Foodstuff Store (may 2022)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.