Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,391 members, 7,781,122 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:23 AM

Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now (41234 Views)

Pastor Funke Adejumo: A Man Can Get Sex From Any Idiot (videos) / Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited / Pastor Funke Adejumo And Husband Felix Remi Celebrate 35th Wedding Anniversary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now by Ojady(m): 3:06pm On Oct 13, 2021
But Jesus Christ (our undisputed role model) being the richest amongst His friends, did not change disciples the many times they could not keep up with Him... Anyways She knows those (her own sheep) she is talking to and they in turn, know her voice... if ye are one of her sheep, then please follow her voice.

In these beginning of the end times, let us be mindful that What one has not heard "His Voice" telling him or her to do or not to do and he/she does, leaves him or her 'on their own o!" being aware also that, Adam's reply (Gen 3:12) 'It was the woman You gave me..." did not exonerate him from partaking of the consequences (Gen 3:17).

He who has an ear, Let him hear what the Spirit of God is saying to him or her
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now by izubext007: 3:08pm On Oct 13, 2021
She is senseless in a way.
Now assuming Mr. A .B. C was in the church she made this comment,
Mr B is better than Mr. C, and Mr. B is now following her word to avoid Mr. C that he is better than. Don't she think that Mr. A would also be avoiding Mr. B because he is better than him B. every man is ladder to another man.
So what she should have say, is for some to be a mentor to some one that u are better than.
Dangote is my mentor and he is not avoiding me.
Okay assuming Obi Cubbana avoid chief priest .
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now by YoungAncient1: 3:12pm On Oct 13, 2021
So if "all leaves" as soon as they become the richest, who will remain because immediately the richest leaves, the next to him becomes the richest and also leaves.
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now by potent5(m): 3:13pm On Oct 13, 2021
WesternOligarch:
People would take this statement and twist it. It's obvious she's trying to say don't surround yourself with mediocrity. Move with people that will challenge you and not make you a local champion. It's either you're both equals or the person is above you.
Spot on.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now by themanderon: 3:14pm On Oct 13, 2021
Gospel from the pit of hell. If Christ had preached this kind of sick message in his time I don't think Christianity would have survived till this day. That is how one brought out different ranges of donation that if you give the highest which is the gold class that you will gain direct and instant access to God. Look at those people grinning at the false message. Well, we were told that a time will come when people will not be able to endure sound doctrine but will have an itchy ear desirous of hearing only the things they want to hear.
You should throw them away and tomorrow if you eventually fall and those friends are better than you you seek them out again? Does that not make us plastic friends? If you are ok financially today find a way to help your friends if indeed they are real friends. No one knows tomorrow as this world at times works in ways we cannot understand. You may just be building up your future helper. A lot of people have burnt bridges which should have taken them somewhere as a result of selfishness.
False prophets using the gospel for merchandise. Imagine she herself was once poor. If her helper had looked away while she was in that miserable condition will she be here talking this nonsense?

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now by reddingtonblack: 3:28pm On Oct 13, 2021
Vinnie2000:

When She said LEAVE, does not necessarily means to Abandon!
It MEANS to have lesser associations with Dem!
Let's Say, If you and your Friends are Private Sch teachers, suddenly You get a Job as SA to ur State Gov, do you think after 1 or 2 years,
Do you think ur Relationship with Dem will be Strong? sad

Even Cristiano Ronaldo of Today, do you he is dat Close to his Sporting Lisbon friends of 2003?
No! He has Moved on!

I Learned sth new 2day: Men are more Emotional beings as Women whom some of us Criticize! undecided smiley

Can you leave someone without abandoning the person, lets be realistics in life can we all be ever equal, otedola is dangote bestfriend, do you know otedola is not worth half of dangote.
when i was little i love walking with the big boyz then, i hardly mingle with my mate both in school n church, buh as i grew i realised if i want to walk with men i must also be ready to walk with some boyz @least, if those above me could tolerate me who is me not to accomodate those beneath me.
Personality varies, you mentioned ronaldo yle i gave you my own examples you couldnt discredit, when God elevate you the next step is not to run from your hommies try see those you can elevate and if they aint serious then you can move on.
The real true friends you have are those ones you drank garri together, lap each other in danfo and suffer together .. you see those friends you meet @ the top all naa strictly business o, una be friends as long as you keep measuring up. no love @ the top o! go ask celebs, footballers & superstars wey don reck

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now by JOemmy(m): 3:33pm On Oct 13, 2021
Is that what Christ preached so she haven't read where jesus fed the poor?
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now by donhils: 3:39pm On Oct 13, 2021
So if everybody adopts this her teaching now, you're looking for who is bigger than you and the other person you want to run to sees you as smaller than him/her, so they're looking for a bigger person also and it goes on like that. Eventually everybody will be on his or her own. Ride on pastor
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now by Ade3000yrs(m): 3:53pm On Oct 13, 2021
Tos87:
Cubana should leave his friends and seek after musk and jeff.
This is absolutely a false teaching with great flaws.
In davido's voice...“we rise by lifting others"
God bless you mightily from this. May God save us from Terrorist and banditry pastors that try to distance themselves from the same masses and congregations they have impoverished with their heretic tongue and messages. Money miss road, Opportunist, and misinformed Gospelpreneuer pastors that are wolves in Lambs clothing heaping more fuel to the smothering economic fire in the land. An average igbo man doing his legitimate hustle and business in Alaba international market, trade fair complex, Ogbete and in Onitsha is by far more better and more dignified than most of these masquerading vultures and super dupers pastors. Thank God for the Catholic Church, The Anglican, The well meaning and empathic Pentecostal churches in town, other Religion of peace and the Muslim faith that preaches been at peace with all men. God be with us all. Even Bill Gate with all his money regardless of his faith still believes in benevolence and understand the importance of been empathic with the plight of the needy. That is why pastors like this build churches that encourages mischievousness and poverty in the name of prayer camp to engage people resourceful times instead of building factories and industries to provide job for the people. Pastors who are disconnected from the plight of people they claim to lead. Making these sensitive statement in a reckless way scores her below the mark. This is highly Unfortunate
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now by deeva2: 3:54pm On Oct 13, 2021
MummyD2020:

E remain if u are the richest amongst ur family memebers, relocate of change ur last name. Everyone can never be equal. There are things the least person in a group can do more than those that are more financially capable than them. Everyone is important/useful in their own way.

CORRECT TALK
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now by Ade3000yrs(m): 3:55pm On Oct 13, 2021
Her point has magnitude but no direction. May God save us from these social terrorist and banditry pastors that try to distance themselves from the same masses and congregations they have impoverished with their heretic tongue and insensitive messages. Money miss road, Opportunist, and misinformed Gospelpreneuer pastors that are wolves in Lambs clothing heaping more fuel to the smothering economic fire in the land. An average igbo man doing his legitimate hustle and business in Alaba international market, trade fair complex, Ogbete and in Onitsha is by far more better and more dignified than most of these masquerading vultures and super dupers pastors. Thank God for the Catholic Church, The Anglican, The well meaning and empathic Pentecostal churches in town, other Religion of peace and the Muslim faith that preaches been at peace with all men. God be with us all. Even Bill Gate with all his money regardless of his faith still believes in benevolence and understand the importance of been empathic with the plight of the needy. That is why pastors like this build churches that encourages mischievousness and poverty in the name of prayer camp to engage people resourceful times instead of building factories and industries to provide job for the people. Making these sensitive statement in a reckless way scores her below the mark. This is highly Unfortunate

1 Like

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now by komodapson(m): 4:00pm On Oct 13, 2021
themanderon:
Gospel from the pit of hell. If Christ had preached this kind of sick message in his time I don't think Christianity would have survived till this day. That is how one brought out different ranges of donation that if you give the highest which is the gold class that you will gain direct and instant access to God. Look at those people grinning at the false message. Well, we were told that a time will come when people will not be able to endure sound doctrine but will have an itchy ear desirous of hearing only the things they want to hear.
You should throw them away and tomorrow if you eventually fall and those friends are better than you you seek them out again? Does that not make us plastic friends? If you are ok financially today find a way to help your friends if indeed they are real friends. No one knows tomorrow as this world at times works in ways we cannot understand. You may just be building up your future helper. A lot of people have burnt bridges which should have taken them somewhere as a result of selfishness.
False prophets using the gospel for merchandise. Imagine she herself was once poor. If her helper had looked away while she was in that miserable condition will she be here talking this nonsense?

I'd to read this and go over it again. Thumbs up
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now by josite: 4:03pm On Oct 13, 2021
This woman is driven by every spirit apart from the holy spirit.these are simply motivational speakers parading as Godly persons.

U don't have to be the richest for evil minded people to be jealous of u.u may be the poorest but the most contended and happi person in your group and yet others will be jealous of you.

This particular woman says a lot of nonsense.preachiing earth bound messages that leads to everywhere but heaven .no wonder the Bible says some offices should not be given to a novice.

God instruct the rich not to be high-minded,ready to distribute and willing to communicate,she is telling them to disconnect.

She doesn't even know how lonely it is to be at the top and how exciting living at ogba is more than banana island.

Very rubbish woman

1 Like

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now by naturefellow(m): 4:07pm On Oct 13, 2021
RapistOnBail:
Are you just hearing bout siblings killing themselves ??

Don’t be naive and start thinking.
like I said in earlier response, not my siblings. And I'm not naive. Only a far-fetched concept in the kind of family I was raised.
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now by chaloskyx: 4:07pm On Oct 13, 2021
HAHAHA SHEEPS I CAN SEE YOUR SO CALLED CHRISTIAN LEADERS ARE REPRESENTING THE WORD OF GOD VERY WELL...WHEN THEY TELL UNA THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS GOD YOU WOULD BE SHOUTING UP AND DOWN YET YOU GUYS WOULD HEAR THIS KIND OF TALK FROM A SO CALLED PASTOR AND NOT QUESTION YOUR FAITH? WELL SHES A PASTOR SO YOU BETTER LISTEN TO HER O SHE HAS THE MANDATE OF GOD AND SHE WAS IN THE SPIRIT WHEN SHE DELIVERED THAT MESSAGE IF YOU DARE QUESTION HER STATEMENT MEANS QUESTIONING THE SPIRIT OF GOD WHO SPOKE THROUGH HER. IF YOU DARE CHALLENGE THAT SPIRIT NA HELL FIRE STRAIGHT FOR ALL OF UNA
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now by Tundex911: 4:13pm On Oct 13, 2021
I just pity their followers

Smh
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now by dabossman(m): 4:17pm On Oct 13, 2021
WesternOligarch:
People would take this statement and twist it. It's obvious she's trying to say don't surround yourself with mediocrity. Move with people that will challenge you and not make you a local champion. It's either you're both equals or the person is above you.

If that was her message then she wouldn't make it all about money to the point that it's okay to be connected to the 15th wife of a rich man. Greatness is not all about money.
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now by starwiss(m): 4:32pm On Oct 13, 2021
This woman again, I pity people who lives revolves around control.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now by tunary(m): 4:32pm On Oct 13, 2021
micronut:
Nigerian Women Empowerment Advocate, and Clergywoman, Pastor Funke- Felix Adejumo of Agape Ministry, has dropped another teachings on moving with those who are better than you in a group or as friends, and leave those who you are better than.

She plainly said that if you are the richest among your friends, that relationship has expired or you should quit it and move on.

She gave the example of Joseph in prison who moved with rich prisoners.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0ILqTTpCHw

This view has been recieving different reactions from Nigerians, where most condemned this. What's your take on this?

Source:
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CU9aup7gpJK/?utm_medium=copy_link
If hungry guys catch you for one corner your own don be. E go red for you. Not everything a pastor say is correct. That is why we are not perfect, we all make mistakes, everyone make mistakes except Jesus Christ in his human nature
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now by solostar1: 4:45pm On Oct 13, 2021
Leaforever:
Some of these guys have conflated the gospel of Jesus Christ with motivational speaking.
What is the spirit of God's business with having rich friends or poor friends? Gosh!

co-signed
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now by Divoc19(f): 4:45pm On Oct 13, 2021
True talk

1 Like

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now by solostar1: 4:46pm On Oct 13, 2021
Ynix:
This is how they destroy relationship

co-signed
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now by solostar1: 4:47pm On Oct 13, 2021
osuofia2:
SMH. PENTECOSTALISM HAS FINISHED NIGERIAN CHRISTIANITY. HEARING THIS KIND OF MESSAGE FROM CATHOLIC ARE RARE. EVEN ME AS A MUSLIM FAITHFUL I CONDEMN THIS.
MUCH RESPECT TO THE CATHOLIC FAITHFUL. JUST IMAGINE THAT EVERYONE LEAVES ALL THE PEOPLE YOU ARE DOING BETTER THAN. WHERE IS THE LOVE?

co-signed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now by zinaunreal(m): 5:00pm On Oct 13, 2021
zinaunreal:
This is why I never step foot in church.

If you're a fan of smart phone crypto miners and regular updates on airdrops ( easy to do) , join my telegram group for the links and updates. Message me on whatsapp for my telegram link via my signature

I will be posting regularly so see my number at my signature. Make your phone less dormant. It cost you nothing. No investment at all.
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now by friendl: 5:04pm On Oct 13, 2021
Which kind yeye talk be that ?
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now by Timblaze(m): 5:08pm On Oct 13, 2021
This is nigerian for you, once the go up there they think nobody will ever reach there, i dont know was she born rich? if when she was not too rich if all her friend left her will she has some of the opportunity she enjoyed now. We raise by lefting others. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now by halogate: 5:20pm On Oct 13, 2021
.. this statement is fundamentally flawed in every way undecided undecided
1. "If you are the richest among ur friends"
..I assume if Bezos, Musk, Branson, Gates where friends. The richest among dem shud dump the rest undecided
2. Going by her statement, u shud mingle with those richer than u..then I except those richer than u to dump u as well since u may not be upto par..
3. If she has never been helped by a more affluent friend...then she has no gull to say such.
4. Siting Joseph in the prison doesn't cut it. If it did, Jonathan and David shud have nothing to do with each other.
5. I assume this doesn't apply to poor family members?
6. Some of those supporting this typo..our parents and siblings have been lifted by rich friends....
7. Even her Lord and Savior did not have Kings and Princes as his close pal.

..the fear of jealousy shud not stop us from seeing the good in others that do not measure.
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now by oranget(m): 5:36pm On Oct 13, 2021
What if those people that are richer than you refuse to move with you because of the same nonsense advice Mummy pastor has given.
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now by McTobe(m): 5:38pm On Oct 13, 2021
If it’s like that Obi Cubana no for get plenty cow that day
micronut:
Nigerian Women Empowerment Advocate, and Clergywoman, Pastor Funke- Felix Adejumo of Agape Ministry, has dropped another teachings on moving with those who are better than you in a group or as friends, and leave those who you are better than.

She plainly said that if you are the richest among your friends, that relationship has expired or you should quit it and move on.

She gave the example of Joseph in prison who moved with rich prisoners.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0ILqTTpCHw

This view has been recieving different reactions from Nigerians, where most condemned this. What's your take on this?

Source:
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CU9aup7gpJK/?utm_medium=copy_link
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now by halogate: 5:54pm On Oct 13, 2021
WesternOligarch:
..I beg to differ my Goodman. Statements like this are either given a literal or figurative interpretation..
..u mentioned "mediocrity"..but what does mediocrity have to do with wealth?..
..shud a man with $10 billon networth not be friends with a man with $100 million networth?
..Shud a Professor and school teacher not be friends?
..Shud an intelligent poor man and an illerate rich man not be friends.
..shud we entertain poor family members but keep poor friends at bay?
..how would u classify "equality"?..u cud be gifted in A and poor in B.... does that make u a mediocre in B.
..things like loyalty, love, intergrity, honor and true friendship are as important as wealth..
If u had a poor friend who has unalloyed loyalty and love for u...wud you dump him?. In ur heart of hearts, would u prefer a rich Judas to a loyal Lazarus??.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now by Gfh1: 6:05pm On Oct 13, 2021
This woman is saying the real truth

We have been there I had to leave all my friends

Jealousy envy and hate is certain and might lead to hazardous end

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now by Karnice600: 6:11pm On Oct 13, 2021
...but the Bible on the other hand advises that we condescend to men of low estate.
This is definitely not the Gospel.
Fake friendship is like a high flying kite and its thread roller. If you let go the roller, the kite will take it somewhere without lifting it from the dust, that is if the wind engagements above doesn't force it to break away. Fake friends can't fly with you. The best they can do is drag you in the dust. Its best they break away.
True friends try to limit the gap in altitude, to have you flying alongside so they don't ''naturally'' look down on you.
Detach from GOs, subscribe to Christ and know true peace.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Did You Learn At Church Today? / Church Members Flog The Devil With Canes In Church (Pics, Videos) / Leke Adeboye: 'RCCG Is A Threat To Islam In Nigeria' - Pastor Adeboye's Son Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.