Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,742 members, 7,802,263 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:44 AM

Ebunola Martins: Tinubu Should Support The South-East For 2023 Presidency - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ebunola Martins: Tinubu Should Support The South-East For 2023 Presidency (22063 Views)

IPOB: We Will Lockdown South-East For One Month If FG Fails To Bring Nnamdi Kanu / Saraki Should Resign With Immediate Effect, Else...– Prince Ebunola Martins Warn / South-East For Buhari Rally: Happening In Owerri Now - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebunola Martins: Tinubu Should Support The South-East For 2023 Presidency by NGpatriot: 5:13pm On Oct 13, 2021
SLOVFO:

I wouldn't know because I am not a politician. And I am also not interested nor have the capability to be the president of Nigeria, for now. But I won't be surprised that some serious Igbo politicians are covertly lobbying for the position.

I can't wait to see them show face and travel to Bourdillon to seek Asiwaju's support or to Aso Rock to seek the President's support or to Kanu to meet with Ganduje, I really can not wait to see all that.

Realistically, what's going on in the SE at the moment and their previous actions ruled out any general support or appetite for any Igbo president, the SE is too anti-North for the northerners to support and vote for any Igbo candidate, they see how you kill and slaughter Hausa people in the SE, they saw how Igbo people slaughtered their military and political leaders in '66 and still unapologetic.

Igbo leaders are yet to display any credible leadership in addressing what's going on in the SE, they sit there unconcerned and unbothered with their own Igbo people killing members of the Nigerian law enforcement and military, they openly support and make excuses for terrorist, these are anti-Nigerian and unpatriotic actions, it's dereliction of duty.

Igbo people as we speak are killing and slaughtering themselves like chicken, killing police, burning up and destroying businesses belonging to their own people, killing their own doctors and students because they want Biafra while your so-called Igbo leaders look the other way, your leaders are untrustworthy, they can not even manage their local affairs, stop the bloodshed, chaos and anarchy right there under their nose, but they want to rule Nigeria, that must be a sad joke.

Biafra is your best bet and option, and I hope and pray you get it on day. If I ruled the world, I'll give you your biafra today, good riddance.

2 Likes

Re: Ebunola Martins: Tinubu Should Support The South-East For 2023 Presidency by stinechykee: 5:13pm On Oct 13, 2021
LegendHero:
And what have the said Ibo politicians done to seek the buy-in of Asiwaju? What steps have they taken to negotiate the alliance?

Abuse him daily on the internet with putrid hate?

So Asiwaju will work tirelessly all through his life and hand over his lifelong dream to some hateful beings because he wants to please them or because of what!!
Tinubu brought whatever Igbos dished at him by using that una popular Thout against Igbo in 2019 general election and also him and his wife Oluremi used derogating name Okoro to insult Igbos and so Igbos don't have any apology for hating him back

1 Like

Re: Ebunola Martins: Tinubu Should Support The South-East For 2023 Presidency by NSK4U(m): 5:13pm On Oct 13, 2021
LegendHero:
And what have the said Ibo politicians done to seek the buy-in of Asiwaju? What steps have they taken to negotiate the alliance?

So Asiwaju will work tirelessly all through his life and hand over his lifelong dream to some hateful beings because he wants to please them or because of what!!

That was what happened in 1999. South West abused not just IBB alone but the entire North because of the annulment and every other region agreed to micro zoning it to the West via the two dominant parties, if it had been left open, OBJ wouldn't have smelled the presidency because it was handed over to him on a platter of pacifying aggrieved sw region. so what lame logic are you bringing to counter the naked truth staring you in the face?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ebunola Martins: Tinubu Should Support The South-East For 2023 Presidency by Gfh1: 5:15pm On Oct 13, 2021
How
Re: Ebunola Martins: Tinubu Should Support The South-East For 2023 Presidency by Olaolufred(m): 5:17pm On Oct 13, 2021
Maobichek:

Nairaland is not the basis to judge this great country, Even here in Nairaland, there are ppl who do not preach hate nor practice tribalism ( I believe you might have gone through my comments in my profile before saying few and then 1%).

Generalizing that Igbo hate BAT is pure lie because BAT have friends and followers among igbos. The best you should have done is to show me where I preach hate and tribalism against non Igbos but since you can't, please stop generalizing, thank you.

Sorry Bro.

When I boarded a plane with Nigerian Passport, I am treated a Nigerian.

The assumptions is they are corrupt even if I am a deeper life member who follows Christ and never stole or cheated anyone before.

The reason for this is because I belong to the minute minority.

That is what is playing on here.

Unfortunately, Nnamdi Kanu is only adding salt to an already festering injury.

Making friend out of others is the way forward.

Ofe mmanu, traitors, slaves, cows etc can't make them presidents.

1 Like

Re: Ebunola Martins: Tinubu Should Support The South-East For 2023 Presidency by stinechykee: 5:17pm On Oct 13, 2021
Millimann:
If it was a southeasterner saying this, they would have insulted him.

If you are a southerner advocating that power should come to the south yet you don't want it to go to the southeast, then you are a big hypocrite, and you have no right whatsoever to ask the north to relinquish power.
Thank you for saying my mind.Every Dick and Harry from Southern Nigeria are accusing Fulani people for trying to hold on to power but they forgot that what they are accusing Fulani is what they are doing because it is Igbo turn to produce President.Hypocrits of highest order
Re: Ebunola Martins: Tinubu Should Support The South-East For 2023 Presidency by FakeUnity: 5:18pm On Oct 13, 2021
olaolaking:
Tell them they are smoking.No be only Igbo na ugba.

What have they done to deserve it? When everyone say let go up, Igbos will come out to say down. Always anti people.

Make dem go carry am now

Mr Olaking the herbal alagbo junkie, there will be no yoruba presidency before an Igbo presidency the way nigeria is currently structured and Ebunola knows this because he is a wise yorubaman.

I have been preaching this to your brothers like seunmsg et al, but many of you are too thickheaded to see the bigger picture. You are being too emotional just like your 'Ahhhh!-Yeeeee!' yoruba tantrums!

Calm down and see the bigger picture like Ebunoluwa, If APC gives yorubaman ticket, PDP will smile, jubilate and give the North ticket with an Eastern VP, then it's game over for SW, that's exactly the mistake PDP are waiting for APC to make and that is why all the zoning commitees of both APC and PDP are playing the waiting game to see who 'breathes first'. grin

The North will then continue in power till you realize that you have again dribbled yourselves into a tight corner in a 'sophisticated manner'.

While the yoruba are championing 'southern unity', equity and fairness in order to force both parties to ceed their tickets to the south, evade a popular contest with the north, easily reap from the agitation in the East, use propaganda to incite northern voters against SE candidates and grab power. The East are wiser and are not buying it because they feel yorubas are not being politically sincere. How many SE governors did you see in the 'Southern unity forum'? grin

Also, Northerners are reminding the yorubas that they have taken their share in 1999 and if it's by fairness and equity, the yorubas are no longer qualified and have no moral justification to ask the north not to contest. Even though we are aware that they (North) are doing that to achieve 'divide-and-rule' in the south, they are actually saying THE TRUTH, and that's where the East stands because it is the TRUTH obviously.

You want the unemotional bitter truth? Here it is;

1) The country is heavily skewed to favour only a certain region and tribe.

2) With the current skewed ethnopolitical system, the north can remain in power forever until they are violently removed, but they seem to have that covered already as they have filled every strategic military posts and positions with northerners already.

3) If the East won't have power, then obviously the SW will find it hard to argue for it with the 'equity and justice' mantra. That means you'll keep waiting till the East takes their rightful turn before you do.

4) The earlier the East takes it turn, the earlier the SW can also rightfully argue for it.
Re: Ebunola Martins: Tinubu Should Support The South-East For 2023 Presidency by omoalaro: 5:19pm On Oct 13, 2021
post=106702405:
SOUTH EAST: IS IT NOT TOO LATE?

I have read the recent transmissions by Senator Bukola Saraki directed at my Igbo tribe. I have deliberately kept mum on this as I had earlier resolved to speak less on Igbos as regards the 2019 Elections and 2023 Presidency having said quite a bit. 

However seeing as some of my brethren have swallowed the cheap bait, I will chip this in just to keep the reality before us, at least for posterity sake. Truth is bitter but it's still the best medicine. 

My people say; 'He who does not remember where the rain started beating him, will not remember where it stopped'. 

REWIND TO 2014. 
A new National Party was being conceived. Political Parties, political players and Regions were being wooed to the new alliance. 

'We' Igbos (read South East) vehemently refused to touch it even with a long pole. We packaged, sold to ourselves and bought the baseless propaganda that it was an Islamic alliance that would birth an "Islamic" and "Hausa" Party. Simply because those our brethren heavily invested in the PDP at the time were afraid of losing their vested selfish interests.
Till today I'm still trying to fathom the basis for that wicked and twisted deceit especially as many of those Igbo elites who sold that dummy have since ported to the same APC.

We failed to even identify with that new Alliance. Hence the Party, APC was birthed without any remarkable input from us or presence. The few amongst us who aligned were called all kinds of names and abused to high heavens by us even when they were proven right afterall.

Thus the few Igbos who were part of it were at best fringe players as they didn't have the required clout to make serious demands and do the necessary political wheeling and dealing required in Politics to strike the hard bargains since politics is all about interests and numbers. They were even suspect, so much so that it was only their personal political sagacity that gave them whatever they got.

That Party went on to win the Presidential Election which in truth, most of us never believed it could or would, because of our half baked permutations and poor understanding of Nigerian politics. But it did. 

Curiously we turned up at the fore front of telling this same Party how it should share it's 'spoils of war'. We became hypocritical moral champions with an over bloated sense of entitlement. Who does that, in all political reality and practicality? But we did, even while vehemently and vociferously still refusing to shift our position, style and rhethoric.

We dug in. Supported every bad thing and person against the Party, the elected President and the Administration while denying any and every good done to and for our Region.

Fast forward to where we are today. Almost four years after the 2015 misadventure, we have stayed put at 2015, refusing to move forward, refusing to shift grounds, refusing to play pragmatic politics, telling ourselves the same lies we cooked and bought in 2015 and some more. 

Now barely 5 months to another election, we have started again saying "APC cannot give Presidency to Igbos in 2023". "Buhari cannot hand over to an Igbo man because Buhari hates Igbos". "APC is deceiving you", bla bla bla.

Of course. We will believe Saraki, who has only but a fanthom dream of becoming President and whose only known record is selfishness but we can't believe Buhari who's already President and who has a record of voluntarily picking two great Igbo sons as running mates in the past? Chukwu aju.

It is interesting and vital to note here that the PDP which many of us still proudly support and adore was in power for 16 solid years and in those years there were 4 Presidential Inaugurations and on none of those was an Igbo man found worthy by the PDP of even Vice Presidency and we are still bold to say it is the APC that has not even finished one tenure that doesn't want to give power to Igbos. Odi nma. 

NOW; Seriously, let's be sincere. As things stand today politically, why would the APC even hand power to us Igbos in 2023? 
On what grounds? 
On what records?
On what politics?
Is power given to anyone? 
Is it an appeasement or a gift? 

The APC is a political party. The main focus of a political Party is to hold power and keep it to enable it deliver on its agenda. So if the APC reads that the SE does not want the Presidency or does not have the capacity to help them win and keep power, they will stick with the regions that can and work with individuals who are interested. 

Make no mistake, I have always said, I do not blame us Igbos for the decision majority of us took in 2015. It's our right. But continuing to pretend that it was other regions, Buhari or the APC that made us do what we did then or remain where we are today is purely self deceit and I refuse to play that ostrich game. 

As far back as 2014, I and many others made that argument that Igbo Presidency was very feasible in 2023, ONLY under under the APC, ONLY IF we did a couple of things right politically. I personally continued to speak loudly on that even after the 2015 elections until when I realized that we were not ready to play the politics that was required and now I dare say it may be too late. Or is it not? Time will tell.

For now, we can continue to tell ourselves that we cannot hold the Presidency of Nigeria. I heard and read many of our brethren go from PDP to Biafra/seccesion (read IPOB) to Referendum to "Igbos do not need Presidency but Restructuring" etc forgetting that all that didn't lie squarely with us alone. We think other regions are not reading our body language?

I really don't care what Saraki writes or says because they've all come to realize that it's very easy to play us like a flute. So like Saraki, like Fani Kayode, like Fayose, like Atiku, even Jonah Jang of all people, they keep playing us.

I've learnt not to bother myself anymore to avoid unnecessary abuse from nonentities . As some of us have said, it's good governance we want, even if only one village will be producing the Presidents. So be it.

Ka Chineke mezie okwu. 

(c) Dr Uche Diala

Wao, a greater truth has never been told.
God bless this writer.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebunola Martins: Tinubu Should Support The South-East For 2023 Presidency by Zeezenho: 5:20pm On Oct 13, 2021
post=106702405:
SOUTH EAST: IS IT NOT TOO LATE?

I have read the recent transmissions by Senator Bukola Saraki directed at my Igbo tribe. I have deliberately kept mum on this as I had earlier resolved to speak less on Igbos as regards the 2019 Elections and 2023 Presidency having said quite a bit. 

However seeing as some of my brethren have swallowed the cheap bait, I will chip this in just to keep the reality before us, at least for posterity sake. Truth is bitter but it's still the best medicine. 

My people say; 'He who does not remember where the rain started beating him, will not remember where it stopped'. 

REWIND TO 2014. 
A new National Party was being conceived. Political Parties, political players and Regions were being wooed to the new alliance. 

'We' Igbos (read South East) vehemently refused to touch it even with a long pole. We packaged, sold to ourselves and bought the baseless propaganda that it was an Islamic alliance that would birth an "Islamic" and "Hausa" Party. Simply because those our brethren heavily invested in the PDP at the time were afraid of losing their vested selfish interests.
Till today I'm still trying to fathom the basis for that wicked and twisted deceit especially as many of those Igbo elites who sold that dummy have since ported to the same APC.

We failed to even identify with that new Alliance. Hence the Party, APC was birthed without any remarkable input from us or presence. The few amongst us who aligned were called all kinds of names and abused to high heavens by us even when they were proven right afterall.

Thus the few Igbos who were part of it were at best fringe players as they didn't have the required clout to make serious demands and do the necessary political wheeling and dealing required in Politics to strike the hard bargains since politics is all about interests and numbers. They were even suspect, so much so that it was only their personal political sagacity that gave them whatever they got.

That Party went on to win the Presidential Election which in truth, most of us never believed it could or would, because of our half baked permutations and poor understanding of Nigerian politics. But it did. 

Curiously we turned up at the fore front of telling this same Party how it should share it's 'spoils of war'. We became hypocritical moral champions with an over bloated sense of entitlement. Who does that, in all political reality and practicality? But we did, even while vehemently and vociferously still refusing to shift our position, style and rhethoric.

We dug in. Supported every bad thing and person against the Party, the elected President and the Administration while denying any and every good done to and for our Region.

Fast forward to where we are today. Almost four years after the 2015 misadventure, we have stayed put at 2015, refusing to move forward, refusing to shift grounds, refusing to play pragmatic politics, telling ourselves the same lies we cooked and bought in 2015 and some more. 

Now barely 5 months to another election, we have started again saying "APC cannot give Presidency to Igbos in 2023". "Buhari cannot hand over to an Igbo man because Buhari hates Igbos". "APC is deceiving you", bla bla bla.

Of course. We will believe Saraki, who has only but a fanthom dream of becoming President and whose only known record is selfishness but we can't believe Buhari who's already President and who has a record of voluntarily picking two great Igbo sons as running mates in the past? Chukwu aju.

It is interesting and vital to note here that the PDP which many of us still proudly support and adore was in power for 16 solid years and in those years there were 4 Presidential Inaugurations and on none of those was an Igbo man found worthy by the PDP of even Vice Presidency and we are still bold to say it is the APC that has not even finished one tenure that doesn't want to give power to Igbos. Odi nma. 

NOW; Seriously, let's be sincere. As things stand today politically, why would the APC even hand power to us Igbos in 2023? 
On what grounds? 
On what records?
On what politics?
Is power given to anyone? 
Is it an appeasement or a gift? 

The APC is a political party. The main focus of a political Party is to hold power and keep it to enable it deliver on its agenda. So if the APC reads that the SE does not want the Presidency or does not have the capacity to help them win and keep power, they will stick with the regions that can and work with individuals who are interested. 

Make no mistake, I have always said, I do not blame us Igbos for the decision majority of us took in 2015. It's our right. But continuing to pretend that it was other regions, Buhari or the APC that made us do what we did then or remain where we are today is purely self deceit and I refuse to play that ostrich game. 

As far back as 2014, I and many others made that argument that Igbo Presidency was very feasible in 2023, ONLY under under the APC, ONLY IF we did a couple of things right politically. I personally continued to speak loudly on that even after the 2015 elections until when I realized that we were not ready to play the politics that was required and now I dare say it may be too late. Or is it not? Time will tell.

For now, we can continue to tell ourselves that we cannot hold the Presidency of Nigeria. I heard and read many of our brethren go from PDP to Biafra/seccesion (read IPOB) to Referendum to "Igbos do not need Presidency but Restructuring" etc forgetting that all that didn't lie squarely with us alone. We think other regions are not reading our body language?

I really don't care what Saraki writes or says because they've all come to realize that it's very easy to play us like a flute. So like Saraki, like Fani Kayode, like Fayose, like Atiku, even Jonah Jang of all people, they keep playing us.

I've learnt not to bother myself anymore to avoid unnecessary abuse from nonentities . As some of us have said, it's good governance we want, even if only one village will be producing the Presidents. So be it.

Ka Chineke mezie okwu. 

(c) Dr Uche Diala

Ogã you your post is trash.must we support what we don't believe in just to play politics.where is integrity and principle.

The same APC brought nothing but pain to the whole nation check out the state of the nation are you proud right now about the archivement of the APC.
We only do what we believe in this the secret of our huge success.

The PDP we invested heavily in what did we gain from it .it's not about party it's about the Nigeria project.everything is wrong with the project Nigeria untill we fix it nothing else ll ever work
Re: Ebunola Martins: Tinubu Should Support The South-East For 2023 Presidency by FakeUnity: 5:21pm On Oct 13, 2021
Olaolufred:

It failed in 1979, we did not cry like babies.

It was daylight robbery in 1993, we challenged the power that be with all resistance.

1999 came, we presented our candidate in Olu Falae, he lost, but we moved on.

In 2015, It finally worked. To God be the glory.

2015 was just a leeway for a Yoruba man to get there.

But those who were clearing another man's farm (peedeeepeee) now wants to reap elsewhere. It doesn't werk that way.

Don't bother telling me OBJ was Yoruba man. He was an imposed candidate of the Fulani/Ibo Coalition.

That was why he did not execute one successful project in SW throughout his 8 years.

Wa pe nbe!

Emotional and myopic yorubamen like you will keep the yorubas out of power for a VERY LONG TIME. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebunola Martins: Tinubu Should Support The South-East For 2023 Presidency by Zeezenho: 5:24pm On Oct 13, 2021
Globad:
The same people on this forum who abuse him daily and call him names?

You mean tye brown teeth drug baron.tye bullion van man?he can go to hell .

All we want is our donation.
Re: Ebunola Martins: Tinubu Should Support The South-East For 2023 Presidency by Omonigho1976: 5:24pm On Oct 13, 2021
barcaboi:

Orji kalu
Obiano
Orji Kalu is a Fulani LovePeddler and Obiano has no substance with little or no achievement to back him up. I'll rather prefer a Soludo or Maduka, those two people have no business with gov election they are presidential materials. An okonjo iweala and Kingsley moghalu would excite me in the p race too not all these charlatans that parade arround as eastern politicians and elites
Re: Ebunola Martins: Tinubu Should Support The South-East For 2023 Presidency by NSK4U(m): 5:24pm On Oct 13, 2021
Tinubu will bury his Political name in 2023.

Edo state was the yellow card, let him expect the red one in 2023 since he thinks the north is unaware of his subtle antics to reward them for sidelining him since Buhari's assumption in 2015
Re: Ebunola Martins: Tinubu Should Support The South-East For 2023 Presidency by emilo2bad: 5:25pm On Oct 13, 2021
Ezemust:
Only useless people dont know its igbo turn.
Bros in APC the party they hate and tagged as Islamic party? Or PDP their darling party? To me it is their turn in PDP not APC

1 Like

Re: Ebunola Martins: Tinubu Should Support The South-East For 2023 Presidency by Olaolufred(m): 5:28pm On Oct 13, 2021
NSK4U:

That was what happened in 1999. South West abused not just IBB alone but the entire North because of the annulment and every other region agreed to micro zoning it to the West via the two dominant parties, if it had been left open, OBJ wouldn't have smelled the presidency because it was handed over to him on a platter of pacifying aggrieved sw region. so what lame logic are you bringing to counter the naked truth staring you in the face?

OLU FALAE was our candidate as Yoruba People. I voted him proudly too.

It was Fulani/Igbo alliance that imposed OBJ.

I agree with the story that said OBJ is from Anambra.

The only project OBJ started in south-west between 1999 and 2007 was the flyover at Sango ota (Ogun State).

Do you know what? It was only completed by Yar'adua / Dimeji Bankole intervention when it became an eyesore.

OBJ represented those who imposed him, not Yorubaland.

1 Like

Re: Ebunola Martins: Tinubu Should Support The South-East For 2023 Presidency by Hausaamaka: 5:28pm On Oct 13, 2021
yetunsbay:
lol at 30% why not say 85%
I think mc oluomo will be in a better position to give you details. Ask him why he chase ibo voters away. He knows what ibos are capable of doing in yorubaland.
Re: Ebunola Martins: Tinubu Should Support The South-East For 2023 Presidency by mfm04622: 5:31pm On Oct 13, 2021
jaxxy:

There are obviously places lacking. Igbos are not ingrates.

Give examples
Re: Ebunola Martins: Tinubu Should Support The South-East For 2023 Presidency by Olaolufred(m): 5:33pm On Oct 13, 2021
Hausaamaka:
I think mc oluomo will be in a better position to give you details. Ask him why he chase ibo voters away. He knows what ibos are capable of doing in yorubaland.

A time is coming when you all will migrate for fear of insecurity during elections.

You can't be building a political block against the indigenes everywhere.

I remember how these people will set eye on a market and want to chase every other tribes out to assert their authority.

Things have limits, let us not over bear.
Re: Ebunola Martins: Tinubu Should Support The South-East For 2023 Presidency by CavemanDefuturo: 5:37pm On Oct 13, 2021
It is Igbo's turn and we are out going to relinquish this right to anyone!
Its either the North and South west support Igbo's in producing a detribalized "southeastern" Igbo president or 2023 Would be the beginning of another Civil war that will End Nigeria.
Re: Ebunola Martins: Tinubu Should Support The South-East For 2023 Presidency by SpecialAdviser(m): 5:39pm On Oct 13, 2021
LegendHero:

I mean Igbo populace itself.

Most times you folks misunderstand Igbos a lot. I guess Igbos also hate OUK. If someone tell you his feeling plain and blank about someone, do you think it's hating? All corrupt politicians are castigated by Igbos it doesn't matter who. Stop taking it personal
Re: Ebunola Martins: Tinubu Should Support The South-East For 2023 Presidency by erinalex: 5:41pm On Oct 13, 2021
Ezemust:

This is always the big problem facing the lgbos.

The most confused tribe in Nigeria.

Igbos doesn't even know what they actually wanted.

Is it Biafra nation or Nigerian President
Re: Ebunola Martins: Tinubu Should Support The South-East For 2023 Presidency by DMerciful(m): 5:44pm On Oct 13, 2021
So politicians like Obi, Umahi etc insults Tinubu or you're taking nairalanders to represent SE politicians? Pathetic!
LegendHero:

Re: Ebunola Martins: Tinubu Should Support The South-East For 2023 Presidency by Lovelive: 5:44pm On Oct 13, 2021
Keep quiet !

But know that Am not from there o

[quote author=fasho01 post=106702367]Is the SE even ready to produce the next president? I strongly doubt[/quote
Re: Ebunola Martins: Tinubu Should Support The South-East For 2023 Presidency by Zeezenho: 5:45pm On Oct 13, 2021
Gbajure:

Respect!

Imagine Peter Obi boasting to be the sole.importer for Ovaltine in a country that is leading producer of cocoa. Also for salad dressing with our million of dairy and poultry products.

The Igbos beef with PMB is simply becos he made importation tougher.

Let me educate you on simple economics.igbos ar not importers but producers.we are not just traders but industrialists.

For industries to prosper there should be certain conditions for them.like stable power road water and health care for workers.do we have any of this in place the answer is no.

You accusing the Igbos for been importers of good is so unfair.if we don't have conditions for our industries to strive what do you expect from us.
Re: Ebunola Martins: Tinubu Should Support The South-East For 2023 Presidency by NSK4U(m): 5:58pm On Oct 13, 2021
Olaolufred:

OLU FALAE was our candidate as Yoruba People. I voted him proudly too.

It was Fulani/Igbo alliance that imposed OBJ.

I agree with the story that said OBJ is from Anambra.

The only project OBJ started in south-west between 1999 and 2007 was the flyover at Sango ota (Ogun State).

Do you know what? It was only completed by Yar'adua / Dimeji Bankole intervention when it became an eyesore.

OBJ represented those who imposed him, not Yorubaland.

There are also Igbos who are perceived as pro northern agenda such as Umahi, Kalu, Okorocha etc but igbos who still have interest in nigeria are of the view that given the ticket to any of them, many people from the region could be placated as they would assume that every region has had their turn. So it's not necesarilly about the president's achievements but where he comes from.
Re: Ebunola Martins: Tinubu Should Support The South-East For 2023 Presidency by Ezemust: 5:59pm On Oct 13, 2021
erinalex:

This is always the big problem facing the lgbos.

The most confused tribe in Nigeria.

Igbos doesn't even know what they actually wanted.

Is it Biafra nation or Nigerian President
boka haram said they wanted sharia laws in the north,why did they end up getting the nigeria presidency then?

1 Like

Re: Ebunola Martins: Tinubu Should Support The South-East For 2023 Presidency by 1972xy: 6:02pm On Oct 13, 2021
The Igbos are not a serious tribe. They never realized that politics is a game. They dont even have party .They dont have structure. They think they can play politics without alliance.
So, because presidency is zone to the south, they should just fold their hands and get it without working for it.
They are the haters of apc, the same apc they are clamouring to emerge as a presidential candidate. The igbos are so confused.
Asiwaju Bola Hammed Tinubu single handedly nurtured apc to the level it is today. Ask the igbos, where is Apga , where is their pdp.? People that cannot manage a party want to aspire as president.
Presidency is not gotten on a platter of gold. You work for it.
Let them present somebody for us to see- there will be war among themselves.
When they were given an opportunity to become a senate president during obj time, within a space of one year five of them have become senate president: oPa Eweren, Okadigbo, wabara, Ayim, Nnamani.
Left for me, i dont trust them with power.
Okadigbo took the maze to his village in Oyi.
Given them power, they can relocate the capital to Onitsha.
Re: Ebunola Martins: Tinubu Should Support The South-East For 2023 Presidency by Ezemust: 6:04pm On Oct 13, 2021
emilo2bad:

Bros in APC the party they hate and tagged as Islamic party? Or PDP their darling party? To me it is their turn in PDP not APC
let it be any party.it's igbos turn to rule nigeria.that is if we are truely one nigeria
Re: Ebunola Martins: Tinubu Should Support The South-East For 2023 Presidency by Ezemust: 6:07pm On Oct 13, 2021
yetunsbay:
Only useless people don't know that its an act of shame benefitting from where u never sow
obasanjo(south west)benefitted from ekwuemes pdp.is that wat u are talking about

1 Like

Re: Ebunola Martins: Tinubu Should Support The South-East For 2023 Presidency by Ezemust: 6:09pm On Oct 13, 2021
Gbajure:

And you want the support of those useless people! Tinubu has no power in the pdp so let them win the pdp ticket first. As regards APC, the Igbos has no moral right to even demand such. Now don't talk about 1999!

Yorubas were strong in pdp and never worked for the demise of that party. Infact a Yoruba man, Chief Bola Ige drafted pdp constitution. He left the party with his men when they refused to concede the ticket to yorubas.

And Ekwueme contested with OBJ and only the North safe the day. So it is silly to expect anyone talkless of Tinubu to be arguing for an igbo man
was any igbo man a part of the foundation of apc?
Re: Ebunola Martins: Tinubu Should Support The South-East For 2023 Presidency by NGpatriot: 6:10pm On Oct 13, 2021
Ezemust:
let it be any party.it's igbos turn to rule nigeria.that is if we are truely one nigeria

It is not your turn and never was?

What you want is Biafra, what your leaders want is Biafra, what ipob want is biafra.

Before asking for presidency, go and unite in your towns and villages, deal with your violent anti-Nigerian terrorists before asking for Nigerians to trust you with that office.

You can not have it both ways.

1 Like

Re: Ebunola Martins: Tinubu Should Support The South-East For 2023 Presidency by Tareq1105: 6:10pm On Oct 13, 2021
Ezemust:

So where were the said Igbos when Tinubu was building the party ensuring its success in 2015 & 2019 elections.

It's a case of reaping where they didn't sow. It wouldn't work.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Send Message To Oyo Communities, Threaten Attack / Akinwunmi Ambode Visits Police Command. See Photos: / Senator Okorocha Meets With Osinbajo Over Feud With Uzodima

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.