Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,510 members, 7,808,865 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:15 PM

Web Applications: The Difference Between A Front-end Designer & A Back-end Dev. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Web Applications: The Difference Between A Front-end Designer & A Back-end Dev. (676 Views)

Difference Between Website Design, Front End And Back End Development / Front-End Developer Or Back-End Developer: Which Job Title Has A Higher Salary? / Senior Front End Designer/developer Needed In Enugu, Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Web Applications: The Difference Between A Front-end Designer & A Back-end Dev. by PediakAuthor: 9:06pm On Oct 13, 2021
Web Applications: The Difference Between A Front-end Designer & A Back-end Developer.

As a practical example; an engine is the main component that drives a car. However, without a body (that is, an attractive outward appearance), it won't be presentable to the end-users - either for purchase or usability.

Relatively, server-side scripting languages such as Python, Java, ASP, PHP, and many others are the back-end programming languages (that is, the engine room of various web applications). Their modus operandi are often unseen to end-users. Conventionally, these aforementioned server-side scripting languages often rely on database interactions for proper functionalities.

On the other hand, HTML, CSS, JavaScript are the basic front-end language and programmes needed to design the front-end of a web application. Most times, such GUI (Graphical User Interface) designers are required to have a vast knowledge of some graphics design software to complement the processes of designing the front-end interface.

As an aspiring IT person, you can either choose to be a front-end designer or a back-end developer when it comes to web applications; the choice is yours!

A piece by Jawolusi Oluwaseun - @jawolusy
Re: Web Applications: The Difference Between A Front-end Designer & A Back-end Dev. by airsaylongcome: 9:19pm On Oct 13, 2021
Nice write up. HTML and CSS are not programming languages though

1 Like

Re: Web Applications: The Difference Between A Front-end Designer & A Back-end Dev. by PediakAuthor: 9:22pm On Oct 13, 2021
Thanks...
and that's why I said; "HTML, CSS, JavaScript are the basic front-end language and programmes..."
Re: Web Applications: The Difference Between A Front-end Designer & A Back-end Dev. by stanliwise(m): 9:42am On Oct 15, 2021
Nice write up!

1 Like

Re: Web Applications: The Difference Between A Front-end Designer & A Back-end Dev. by The5DME(m): 12:51pm On Oct 15, 2021
stanliwise:
Nice write up!
can i dm you? i have a question i need to ask you.
Re: Web Applications: The Difference Between A Front-end Designer & A Back-end Dev. by PediakAuthor: 6:17pm On Oct 15, 2021
stanliwise:
Nice write up!
Cheers cool
Re: Web Applications: The Difference Between A Front-end Designer & A Back-end Dev. by stanliwise(m): 8:24am On Oct 16, 2021
The5DME:
can i dm you? i have a question i need to ask you.
no problem
Re: Web Applications: The Difference Between A Front-end Designer & A Back-end Dev. by PlaysNigeria: 9:17am On Oct 16, 2021
smiley

(1) (Reply)

Google IO 2013 Now Live / Google Map Miracle / Need Robotism Guys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.