Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,604 members, 7,801,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:51 PM

My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings (33156 Views)

This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married / We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room / 6-Year-Old Brother And Sister Twins Are Married In Buddhist Ceremony In Thailand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by 15ssDRIVE(m): 8:54am On Oct 14, 2021
Mybrotheralso:
He's the first born out of 5 children. He's doing his PHD and has his own business. He still lives with our parents. So he does not pay for house, food or water. But can you imagine this brother of mine who makes money from his business doesn't contribute to the house for the same food he eats, when he makes money he goes to hotels and sleep over with women and prefers to train and help outsiders than bring something to the family. Recently, he had the effontry to reject my mummy's food on the ground that it was served late. I simply asked my mom to stop putting food for him.

Honestly this brother of mine has never brought joy to my parents and siblings. He has had several accidents driving carelessly, yet my mom still takes care of it all and she has even stayed over in the hospital when he had the last accident and became unconscious.

They're just the kind of brother one will have and you wished you never had a brother , my brother is exactly that kind of brother anyone will wish not to have. Not to talk of his dubious nature, you can't do simple business with him without him cheating on you. I once was rearing one animal and had to send him money for feeds but can you believe he was billing me in excess. We also contributed money to renovate our father's house and he emphatically told us he bought something which he didn't actually buy.

I wonder why God gave us this kind of brother, he has been like this since we all knew something and hasn't changed for good. embarassed embarassed
He has been sat down and talked to severally yet he will repent and still go back to his old ways .

So pathetic!

The answer is, make the difference. May God provide for you, show the difference, he might learn from you and be the best brother.
Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by Mybrotheralso: 8:55am On Oct 14, 2021
Tunde835:
Your elder brother is gifted and highly intelligent. You guys dislike him because he is different from you, so you ostracize him. Its called human herd behavior, the pack rejects the one they perceive as an outsider. He is probably an Introvert and stays in his room all the time. By the way what field is he doing his ph.d in?
When he starts living on his own, everything will be alright.
No one ostracised him, you clearly don't understand. He's not introverted either .Thank for your contribution

1 Like

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by OjiugoT(f): 8:55am On Oct 14, 2021
My brother behaves exactly like yours or even worse mine even didn't pay his school fees for 3 years even after collecting the money, the place we rented for him we didn't even know when he sold all the property there and went to live with his friend. my parents has BP because of him. We believe it's only God that intervene.

8 Likes

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by Mybrotheralso: 8:55am On Oct 14, 2021
Chrisgod001:
From all the things he said this is what you could understand. Post like this is meant for mature people just rest abeg.
Seriously some people are really sick in the mind just like the guy you quoted.

1 Like

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by Nobody: 8:56am On Oct 14, 2021
kenzysmith:
Gerrout leave ur brother alone u re d main problem the fact he has his masters and PhD I think u should respect him and whereas he is the senior
He is d ist son so it is his birth right
Is your parents complaining? Y are u the one complaing better go and marry and leave your brother alone to enjoy himself. He is not a kid mind ur business
Yibooo! Igbo!! Yiboooo!

Eviana, I dont mean to call you, but look at your fellow ibo. Hmmm. I am not just writing things about ibo. See, this is the culture which made women nothing. Just listen to what this mofo said. That the first son is alpha and omega. See eh! Hmmm!

I'm just showing you rhe truth about ibo culture. You cannot have a say if you were in Nigeria. You dont know ibo at all.

May God deliver this one.

1 Like

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by Otunski: 8:56am On Oct 14, 2021
Just imagine at 35 he's yet to figure out his purpose in life. Tueh! Adult on the outside but a Baby on the inside, in character and conduct. That brother needs deliverance, what's happening to him isn't ordinary.
Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by Trojan8(m): 8:57am On Oct 14, 2021
Truvelisback:
Immediately, u said he is the 1st born, i became weak. 1st borns rarely makes headway in life, yes. Na only God go help am.

See talk
Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by Mybrotheralso: 8:57am On Oct 14, 2021
HeyHey:
The ball is in your parents court. Especially if he is troublesome, no put body. Bc you are acting on what they told you, but they cannot tell him personally. Na you them they push go front to go fight their battle so, if your skin no full better no put body.

I’m a lawyer, and today so, I Dey go court because my clients wants a restraining order against their first son for similar troubling behavior. though the guy is 42, and issue him pops several blows, but na small small like this he start
It is not just about what my parents told me, he's my brother and I know him, thank you for contributing
Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by Nobody: 8:57am On Oct 14, 2021
princeeze1:
Unfortunately the problem here is your mother! Not every child is meant to have common sense factory fitted. I have same issue with my immediate elder brother. Unmarried, 40, eating from my mother’s pot. Mind you I already have 2 kids. I agree life is not competition though. I never returned home, the moment I graduated, not because I would be chased out, but because I was ready to face life. He will not get serious because he does not want to leave his area of comfort and face the challenges of paying the attending bills life begins to throw at him, and your mother just like mine has aided and abetted him thinking it’s mother’s love. My mother cannot just stop. [b]Your best bet is to encourage him to get married, which I intend doing for my bro when I arrive in December, I already asked him to introduce his fiancée to me when I arrive for Xmas. A wife would most prolly ensure they get their place, he has bills to shoulder hence he becomes financially responsibl[/b]e. As for dubious dealings, that maybe factory follow come.
Lol, what makes you think he won't move his wife into his parents house? grin cheesy grin
That guy is obviously running away from responsibilities so even if he gets married, people like him tend to move their wives in to live with their parents.

The parents here are clearly at fault, the only solution for a 35 year old man running his PhD and has a business of his own is to have his own apartment and start paying his bills. His parents need to chase him out of their house

7 Likes

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by Kylekent59: 8:57am On Oct 14, 2021
His friends may be of good help.
Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by TrebleChamp(m): 8:57am On Oct 14, 2021
kenzysmith:
Gerrout leave ur brother alone u re d main problem the fact he has his masters and PhD I think u should respect him and whereas he is the senior
He is d ist son so it is his birth right
Is your parents complaining? Y are u the one complaing better go and marry and leave your brother alone to enjoy himself. He is not a kid mind ur business
It's his birthright to stay in his parents house at 35years? Somebody is clearly misbehaving, selfish and irresponsible, you say it's his birthright shocked..

3 Likes

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by Mybrotheralso: 8:57am On Oct 14, 2021
HeyHey:
The ball is in your parents court. Especially if he is troublesome, no put body. Bc you are acting on what they told you, but they cannot tell him personally. Na you them they push go front to go fight their battle so, if your skin no full better no put body.

I’m a lawyer, and today so, I Dey go court because my clients wants a restraining order against their first son for similar troubling behavior. though the guy is 42, and issue him pops several blows, but na small small like this he start
It is not just about what my parents told me,he is my brother and I know him.Thank you for contributing
Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by MICHEALADEX(m): 8:58am On Oct 14, 2021
Go and sell him and buy a wall clock

1 Like

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by vickydevoka(m): 8:58am On Oct 14, 2021
frozen70:

Is very unfortunate for him to be behaving like a prodigal son at that over ripe age

You guys must learn from his mistakes and move on with out him being am obstacles to you his siblings

Don't give him the time and attention he needs from you people, because he will capitalize on seniority for you guys

Just move on but be prepared for the trouble he may pose for you people as he grows old unless he is married then, his wife may be the one to correct his madness

As for your mum, no woman can leave her child just like that,even if the child is tied to a stake for police shooting she will still love that child, unless not a biological mother

Don't be surprise, that his Animalistic behavior has already affected your mum emotionally

Just don't give him the opportunity to intimidate or harras any one of you, you guys must team up against him when that time comes

Lastly, put away your family landed properties documents hope you know why ?

Bros, this life no balance. Some people are praying for that kinda son n they didn't see. He is intelligent, smart n business minded.

My neighbor gave birth to 2 boys n one daughter, all are worthless. The boyss are over 35, the cultist, n de never graduated. The daughter is the worst, she didn't even pass waec, not to talk of going to uni. n she's a teacher, who has doctors n pharmacist as her students. As I'm speaking to u she has b.p n stroke due to over thinking.

1 Like

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by Missyajoke(f): 8:58am On Oct 14, 2021
DaddyRochie1642:
That's how it starts,

The next thing na, you'll start thinking of ways on how you'll "Poison that your brother"

Are you well at all, I read your posts here and most times it's always out of point. Are you okay ma??
Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by Trojan8(m): 8:59am On Oct 14, 2021
Tunde835:
Ive done several research on this topic. One of the draw backs of high intelligence is that people perceive you as different and they label you a weirdo or a freak. Even nikola tesla complained that with all he has done for mankind that all he got was insults. That was what happened to jesus, the jews hated him and in the end he was killed. What is happening to your brother is happening to many people too. Even their own family prosecute them.

He won't be the first with a PhD so I am trying to understand where the Tesla narrative is coming from. Go sit one side

2 Likes

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by Nobody: 8:59am On Oct 14, 2021
Mybrotheralso:

It is not just about what my parents told me, he's my brother and I know him, thank you for contributing
Tell your parents to chase him out of their house and let him get a place for himself and start being responsible. That's the only solution here, if they refuse to then let them keep enduring whatever he keeps throwing at them

2 Likes

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by pakirisuitesphc(m): 9:00am On Oct 14, 2021
Don't blame your brother, I think is your mum's pampering that is causing it.
Mybrotheralso:

Well this is a faceless forum and I just have to express myself here embarassed
Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by redsun(m): 9:00am On Oct 14, 2021
Mybrotheralso:

He has even defended his thesis , funny a thing he's very intelligent and has no problems with academics

He may be schooled, but he obviously lacks soft skills. He seems like a crooked brat, childlike and can not find well on his own. Most Nigerian educated are like that, they have not been thought to use their initiatives and to be reasonable. "Educated'', yet acts like a helpless child.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by MeghaneMorgane(f): 9:01am On Oct 14, 2021
Mybrotheralso:
He's the first born out of 5 children. He's doing his PHD and has his own business. He still lives with our parents. So he does not pay for house, food or water. But can you imagine this brother of mine who makes money from his business doesn't contribute to the house for the same food he eats, when he makes money he goes to hotels and sleep over with women and prefers to train and help outsiders than bring something to the family. Recently, he had the effontry to reject my mummy's food on the ground that it was served late. I simply asked my mom to stop putting food for him.

Honestly this brother of mine has never brought joy to my parents and siblings. He has had several accidents driving carelessly, yet my mom still takes care of it all and she has even stayed over in the hospital when he had the last accident and became unconscious.

They're just the kind of brother one will have and you wished you never had a brother , my brother is exactly that kind of brother anyone will wish not to have. Not to talk of his dubious nature, you can't do simple business with him without him cheating on you. I once was rearing one animal and had to send him money for feeds but can you believe he was billing me in excess. We also contributed money to renovate our father's house and he emphatically told us he bought something which he didn't actually buy.

I wonder why God gave us this kind of brother, he has been like this since we all knew something and hasn't changed for good. embarassed embarassed
He has been sat down and talked to severally yet he will repent and still go back to his old ways .

So pathetic!

Please make sure you give your sister in law this information when she is about to get married to your brother so that she will know what she is getting herself into. If she decides to settle with him even after knowing these things, then it will be her headache not yours

6 Likes

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by Evercurious(f): 9:01am On Oct 14, 2021
Mybrotheralso:

So pathetic!

THROW HIM OUT OF THAT HOUSE AND HAVE PEACE.CASE CLOSED
Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by Omorefe1975(m): 9:01am On Oct 14, 2021
He will get sense when the parents are no more.

1 Like

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by vickydevoka(m): 9:01am On Oct 14, 2021
princeeze1:
Unfortunately the problem here is your mother! Not every child is meant to have common sense factory fitted. I have same issue with my immediate elder brother. Unmarried, 40, eating from my mother’s pot. Mind you I already have 2 kids. I agree life is not competition though. I never returned home, the moment I graduated, not because I would be chased out, but because I was ready to face life. He will not get serious because he does not want to leave his area of comfort and face the challenges of paying the attending bills life begins to throw at him, and your mother just like mine has aided and abetted him thinking it’s mother’s love. My mother cannot just stop. Your best bet is to encourage him to get married, which I intend doing for my bro when I arrive in December, I already asked him to introduce his fiancée to me when I arrive for Xmas. A wife would most prolly ensure they get their place, he has bills to shoulder hence he becomes financially responsible. As for dubious dealings, that maybe factory follow come.
Hope u will get job for him
Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by JesseJo: 9:01am On Oct 14, 2021
Mybrotheralso:

So pathetic!

Just learn to live with him like that...

If you investigate carefully, it was your Mum that pampered him to a fault.

He won't change, because they don't ever change.

I have a 61yrs old elder brother who is very similar. The clown still borrows money from my mum that is 80yrs with the intention not to pay back.

Money we the younger ones send to the woman, will end up in his pockets.

He's a disgusting piece of sh1t.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by Popesuccess(m): 9:01am On Oct 14, 2021
Spend quality time in Prayers for him. I can confidently tell you that his problems is more Spiritual than normal
Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by oshaosha2014(m): 9:02am On Oct 14, 2021
Is your brother the first born??

OjiugoT:
My brother behaves exactly like yours or even worse mine even didn't pay his school fees for 3 years even after collecting the money, the place we rented for him we didn't even know when he sold all the property there and went to live with his friend. my parents has BP because of him. We believe it's only God that intervene.
Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by Mybrotheralso: 9:02am On Oct 14, 2021
OjiugoT:
Thank God they're people here who can correlate. My dad tells us that the money he used in training the rest of us is not up to what was spent on him because he was dubious as well and collected school fees double.

2 Likes

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by vickydevoka(m): 9:02am On Oct 14, 2021
HeyHey:

I love this. He might be acting on what de told him'

2 Likes

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by lintrinn: 9:05am On Oct 14, 2021
hmm, very common in the S/W part of the country. Im sure your parents are not complaining, so that's where the problems is . .... your parents.
start praying for your brother because more is hidden . A word is enough for the wise
Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by vickydevoka(m): 9:06am On Oct 14, 2021
OjiugoT:
If she sees yours, she will thank God for her own brother.
Wen people de get cultist as brother, prostitute as sisters
Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by Trueteller0147: 9:08am On Oct 14, 2021
I didn't see any offense your brother committed here. He his even going for his PhD and has his own business. You just hate your brother for reason best known to you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Check Out These Stunning Muslim Sisters / Seven Surprising Mistakes In Marriages. / Traditonal Marriage And Court Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.