Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,712 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:51 PM

Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? (47148 Views)

Unusual Behavior Between My Step Brother And My Wife / My Brother Is Sleeping With Our Cousin / I’m Pregnant For My Sister's Brother-In-Law. I’m Scared To Tell My Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by Juliusmomoh: 1:22pm On Oct 14, 2021
jaxxy:

Seems u don’t like ur step brother much to start with. Why?
I like him. Why will i not like him?
He's part of us already
Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by Elonmuzk(m): 1:23pm On Oct 14, 2021
Juliusmomoh:
Note i don't hate him..
I love him with my everything.

I just discover recently that he's not my dad son..

And how did you discover that, if I may ask?
Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by Olumaeme: 1:24pm On Oct 14, 2021
If you can foot the bill and very sure your brother is not your brother, please go ahead.
Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by ba2remagaji: 1:24pm On Oct 14, 2021
Please go ahead and tell him to safe the future
Juliusmomoh:
I have found out and am with the evidence that he don't belong here...

Should i go ahead and tell my dad that the child he suffer to train is not his? ..

Or i should tell him to conduct DNA test on all of us? (i can foot the bill) .

Am confuse
Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by Juliusmomoh: 1:24pm On Oct 14, 2021
obinoral1179:
if you try this he will come back for more...what about your stepmother?

He's in another state. Not with my dad now

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by ojasweb(m): 1:24pm On Oct 14, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

Yeah he has family members ... But what if i tell those drunkers paraiding as family members and they ended up messing things up? ..

I want to arrest the man that tell me. For knowing this for long and not letting popsy knowing about it.. But i was also thinking maybe i should just give him like 50k make the matter die codedly...

Anyway thanks for your time

Don't arrest the man, likewise don't bribe him. If he has known this for long, chances that other people know about it are high.

The better thing is to tell your dad in a mature way.

In fact, you can tell him blantly. Dad, i am being insulted outside for a serious issue but i don't know the authenticity. If he doesn't mind, i will want him to conduct a DNA test on all his child on your expense.

If you tell him this way, it might be much better.

All the best.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by Ameduedwin: 1:25pm On Oct 14, 2021
Sonnobax15:
Bros,this thing get as e be oh.....Just like you you said,the outcome of the news might have a negative impact on your dad.....This thing get as e be,but I think it's very important for him to know..

A similar thing happened to a man(an retired shell worker for that matter) here in my home town...In this case,all the children weren't his....After the man don train all of them finish go school,even all of them self don dey abroad dey live good lives,na one day the wife call the man sidown,break the news to am...She Also told the kids about it.... mennnnnnnn,na one day the children come naija come carry the man fly out,say na the father wey them know nai be that
wicked woman why is she have to tell him at that time after the man have trained them all
Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by BuddhaPalm(m): 1:25pm On Oct 14, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

Honestly i whould not be happy... But no am not the one engineering this..

I was told by my dad friend yesterday.

Am a man, hence the reason why i neet advice

Why would the man tell you and not your father?

Remember, his words are not proof of anything.
Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by Blackdisciple(m): 1:25pm On Oct 14, 2021
Go on and tell your dad in an intelligent way, or put a word in his ears then he will think if he refused don't bother cos in your heart you know that guy ain't your bro now you know your boundaries ..

Forget about anyone telling you what if you are not also your dad's child.

That's cheating, I hate seeing someone being cheated cos your dad was cheated upon...
Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by RPG2020(m): 1:25pm On Oct 14, 2021
nokspos:
some secrets are worth taking to grave, you are just going to create unnecessary issue, the man is old already , allow him to enjoy the rest of his life on earth in peace... i know secrets that i can never ever disclose to anybody in this life. and that's what makes you a man

If you know the truth say it no matter what

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by diana158(m): 1:26pm On Oct 14, 2021
Think well before you act, having in mind that your family may never remain the same again if you bring that to light.

How did the guy end up in your family?
How will he feel if this news is let out?
What will happen to the family's relationship going forward?

Sometimes, there are certain things that can be left to lie low, it's maturity.

If there is peace in the family, I would say allow the peace to continue, cos this might bring tension and quarrel into the family.

Think deep and weigh the pros and cons.

Bless you
Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by Juliusmomoh: 1:26pm On Oct 14, 2021
ojasweb:

Don't arrest the man, likewise don't bribe him. If he has known this for long, chances that other people know about it are high.

The better thing is to tell your dad in a mature way.

In fact, you can tell him blantly. Dad, i am being insulted outside for a serious issue but i don't know the authenticity. If he doesn't mind, i will want him to conduct a DNA test on all his child on your expense.

If you tell him this way, it might be much better.

All the best.

Thanks sir
Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by chally100(m): 1:26pm On Oct 14, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

Should i go ahead and tell my dad that the child he suffer to train is not his? ..

Am confuse
werey u sef are u sure he's ur Dad... better let sleeping dog lie
Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by Juliusmomoh: 1:27pm On Oct 14, 2021
Elonmuzk:
And how did you discover that, if I may ask?

My dad friend tells me
Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by Lexicon123: 1:28pm On Oct 14, 2021
FreeSpirited:
Imagine ur Dad runs DNA on all of u and it turns out u are also not his child cool...
Nothing is impossible especially if it involves vagina people and paternity.
grin grin grin
Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by sylve11: 1:29pm On Oct 14, 2021
Oblongata:
I realized long ago that having blood ties does not make a family.

If your step bro is family enough, then he is your brother.

I agree with you that having blood ties doesn't make a family, but take note that such children will always ruin the community they are adopted to.

@op, bring in some elders and let them tell your father. cool
Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by jaxxy(m): 1:29pm On Oct 14, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

I like him.
Why will i not like him?

He's part of us already

Then depending on the circumstances I think the 1st to know should be ur step brother and he can make decisions if he wants to know his real father or not. Whatever the case ur dad is still his dad.

Telling ur dad is risky and quite unnecessary at this point and age especially if the circumstances will hurt his feelings or break his heat. It cud actually hasten his passing rather than enjoy his last few years with his family in peace.

Let’s things remain as they are. I think bt it all depends on the circumstances.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by Bowwow11(m): 1:30pm On Oct 14, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

Am confuse
and u tink that social media is the best place to share ur family dirty secrets?
Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by adontcare(f): 1:30pm On Oct 14, 2021
FreeSpirited:
Imagine ur Dad runs DNA on all of u and it turns out u are also not his child cool...
lol
Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by adanny01(m): 1:30pm On Oct 14, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

Am confuse

My question is, does your brother know?

I think you should care for your alleged step brother's feelings.

Just because you have discovered your stepmother's secret does not mean you have the right to hurt other concerned parties if you care about them.

The fact that your step bro is not really your bro is a new development, you not treating him well means there was some friction or you have bad feelings towards him before the discovery.

What you need to find out is if your brother was aware. If he was, then I suggest you tell immediately. If not, it will be disheartening for him as well as your father.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by brownemmanuel43(m): 1:30pm On Oct 14, 2021
FreeSpirited:
Your type will never have dull moment. Vagina people are not to be trusted
Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by AsawanaDgreat: 1:32pm On Oct 14, 2021
Why not do that and solve the problem once and for all
Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by TortugaPrince: 1:32pm On Oct 14, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

Am confuse

So your mother cheated on your father. Speak to your mother first and also, what makes you think your father doesn't know already. You'll be surprised.
Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by Burgerlomo: 1:32pm On Oct 14, 2021
FreeSpirited:

E shock you! in broda shaggi's voice grin

Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by Juliusmomoh: 1:32pm On Oct 14, 2021
Bowwow11:
and u tink that social media is the best place to share ur family dirty secrets?

Not what u may think..
This is a faceless forum

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by Sheriman(m): 1:32pm On Oct 14, 2021
Oxb90:
Do what you know is right for you and your family. But before you tell your father about your step brothers legitimacy, make sure you are also your father's legitimate child. To avoid 'had I known'.
Thanks for giving the yet to be original son of the house a lifesaving advice.
You always remembered for this. Thank you!!!
Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by josephft2000: 1:33pm On Oct 14, 2021
TELL HIM AND LET THEM BREAK COCONUT ON YOUR HEAD.
Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by brownemmanuel43(m): 1:33pm On Oct 14, 2021
Juliusmomoh:
Note i don't hate him..

He is your step brother, and for u to be nursing DNA shows that your step brother has being showing some attitudes or lifestyle that is not in your family.
If that's the case, pls go ahead and do dna, moreover is your step mum alive? If she's alive pls don't tell or ask her anything to avoid poisoning u or killing u.
Tell your dad that everybody should go and do the dna test
Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by GistFullGround: 1:34pm On Oct 14, 2021
Juliusmomoh:
Note i don't hate him..

Your dad is more important. The right thing is to have your Dad do the DNA on all of you guys, so it won't like you were involved!

Why would any woman cheat?
Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by Juliusmomoh: 1:34pm On Oct 14, 2021
TortugaPrince:

So your mother cheated on your father. Speak to your mother first and also, what makes you think your father doesn't know already. You'll be surprised.

You mean my step mom?

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by Burgerlomo: 1:35pm On Oct 14, 2021
Juliusmomoh:
Note i don't hate him..

Are you sure you're your father's son?
Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by sylve11: 1:35pm On Oct 14, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

Nope.
I was told by his own friend.

Na your dad's friend born the boy? undecided

Anyway, tell your father the truth. cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Advice Needed / Beautiful Lady In Wheelchair Got Married To The Love Of Her Life / Nigeria Introduces New Federal Marriage Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.