Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:44 PM

Carpenters, Taxi Drivers Should Be Made To Pay Tax - House Of Representatives - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Carpenters, Taxi Drivers Should Be Made To Pay Tax - House Of Representatives (328 Views)

Boko Haram Infiltrators Working As Tailors, Mechanics, Carpenters In Abuja / Fakeye Olufemi: Carpenters, Taxi Drivers Should Pay Tax — They Make Money / House Of Representatives Members Drinking While DSS Shutdown NASS (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

Carpenters, Taxi Drivers Should Be Made To Pay Tax - House Of Representatives by Insidenaija: 2:29pm On Oct 14, 2021
A member of the house of representatives, Fakeye Olufemi, is of the opinion that owners of small and medium-sized enterprises including carpenters and taxi drivers should be made to pay tax, Newspremises reports.

Fakeye who is a member of the ruling APC and represents Boluwaduro/Ifedayo/Ila federal constituency of Osun state in the house, said this while making his contributions to the 2022 budget debate during plenary session on Wednesday, October 13.

The finance act 2020 exempts small companies with an annual turnover of not more than N25 million from paying company income tax (CIT).

While calling for the businesses to be taxed, Fakeye opined that this will be another source of revenue for the federal government to finance the budget.

“Why I salute the honourable speaker and my colleagues herein seated and even the senate for complying with the request by the executive that we reset the button to a January to December cycle for budget making; I think it is fair to expect that if we do that — which we have done, there should be a properly timed implementation of the budget. I know it is easy to talk, it is more difficult to implement,” he said.

"I like to tell the executive; if you are going to borrow to implement the project for a year — they should be borrowing January, February and March not borrowing or trying to arrange the borrowing in the third or fourth quarter of the year for which you want to implement.

"I’m aware right now and it has been said here that only two quarterly releases have been made now — we are in the last quarter of the year. That makes a joke of all the effort that we put in day in, day out to ensure that the budget is passed in time.Carpenters, taxi drivers should be made to pay tax. They make a lot of money - House of Reps member says

"And I pay attention to revenue shortfall for the government and I begin to ask myself and I recall when I was young, everybody pays taxes. Whether you are a farmer, your daddy was a carpenter, whatever he did for a living, he paid tax.

"Now we have tended to forgive everybody their taxation except those who have an income where the tax is taken out of your income and the rest paid to you.

"I think our tax reform should be such that every Nigerian has a chance to contribute. Go out there and talk to 80 percent or 90 percent of the people of Nigeria, a lot of them that are self-employed; they don’t pay tax anymore

"So when we hear FIRS or tax organisations, even the tax joint board widening the tax net; why do they shy away from finding a way to make people pay — whether you are a carpenter, you are a taxi driver, you are selling rice in the market — these people make a lot of money but they don’t get to pay nothing. So I think that is an area I would like to see revenue-boosting.”

Source: https://newspremises.com.ng/carpenters-taxi-drivers-should-be-made-to-pay-tax-they-make-a-lot-of-money-house-of-reps-member-says/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Dominique

Re: Carpenters, Taxi Drivers Should Be Made To Pay Tax - House Of Representatives by vanbonattel: 2:30pm On Oct 14, 2021
So that the money you are looting will increase ba?

Re: Carpenters, Taxi Drivers Should Be Made To Pay Tax - House Of Representatives by hadim337: 2:31pm On Oct 14, 2021
Mad man

Bunch of useless lawmakers
Re: Carpenters, Taxi Drivers Should Be Made To Pay Tax - House Of Representatives by floss(m): 2:31pm On Oct 14, 2021
It's finished for the common man
Re: Carpenters, Taxi Drivers Should Be Made To Pay Tax - House Of Representatives by Vulcanheph(m): 2:32pm On Oct 14, 2021
Are they not paying tax already through daily tickets....?

Re: Carpenters, Taxi Drivers Should Be Made To Pay Tax - House Of Representatives by Olofin2(m): 2:33pm On Oct 14, 2021
How many times will they pay taxes?

They pay commission for every bus load at motor parks, they pay at every police checkpoint, some eediots called Task Managers in Oyo here also waylay them at road blocks if they carry anything different from humans....

At least, money to loot will increase and the drivers will transfer the aggression on travellers.

Re: Carpenters, Taxi Drivers Should Be Made To Pay Tax - House Of Representatives by mcbreeze: 2:37pm On Oct 14, 2021
Carpenter go use 2 by 2 to open them head
Re: Carpenters, Taxi Drivers Should Be Made To Pay Tax - House Of Representatives by Insidenaija: 2:37pm On Oct 14, 2021
Abi oooo
Vulcanheph:
Re: Carpenters, Taxi Drivers Should Be Made To Pay Tax - House Of Representatives by Insidenaija: 2:37pm On Oct 14, 2021
grin shocked grin
mcbreeze:
Re: Carpenters, Taxi Drivers Should Be Made To Pay Tax - House Of Representatives by ygowon: 2:38pm On Oct 14, 2021
I blame the foolish common man, benuejosh and his likes who's always interested in defending those oppressing him because of party and the small stipend they share as party members.

Re: Carpenters, Taxi Drivers Should Be Made To Pay Tax - House Of Representatives by hisgrace090: 2:40pm On Oct 14, 2021
This is hight of carelesness.
Did he know gow many ticket drivers buy daily or traders?
Re: Carpenters, Taxi Drivers Should Be Made To Pay Tax - House Of Representatives by durangokid: 2:44pm On Oct 14, 2021
Vulcanheph:
. Don't mind the fool, the problem with Nigeria is because of people like them who can not reason properly
Re: Carpenters, Taxi Drivers Should Be Made To Pay Tax - House Of Representatives by Nobody: 3:09pm On Oct 14, 2021
As always... no IQ in generating funds except through the common man by tax or by debt.
Re: Carpenters, Taxi Drivers Should Be Made To Pay Tax - House Of Representatives by Racoon(m): 3:13pm On Oct 14, 2021
Bunch of bastard criminals always choking life out of the common man.E no go better for all of una including the fool from my constituency that is part of this wickedness.
Re: Carpenters, Taxi Drivers Should Be Made To Pay Tax - House Of Representatives by Myhusband(m): 4:35pm On Oct 14, 2021
mcbreeze:

make them no go mess with angry carpenter him go just nack 6 inches nail in the middle of their forehead

We love Buhari / Nobody Has Been Appointed As Oloworo-elect- Oba Agbabiaka / “make Una Help Me!” – Uber Driver Who Was Pepper-sprayed Break Down In Tears