Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,018 members, 7,806,975 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:07 AM

FG To Direct All TV Stations To Use Sign Language Interpreters - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / FG To Direct All TV Stations To Use Sign Language Interpreters (9302 Views)

DSTV To Feature 3 Northern TV Stations / Why Do Nigeria TV Stations Lack Good Picture Quality? / List 3 Of Your Favourite TV Stations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Direct All TV Stations To Use Sign Language Interpreters by 6ixT8: 9:10pm On Oct 15, 2021
Damidave1124:

So which euphemism would you want me to use in place of 'deaf and dumb'?

Deaf mute.

1 Like

Re: FG To Direct All TV Stations To Use Sign Language Interpreters by Darkmode64: 9:28pm On Oct 15, 2021
AndikanEssien:

I get your point. When I said literate I meant those who understood and could communicate well in sign language. In fact deafs can hardly be literate in other fields without the ability to communicate and understand sign language (there are exceptions though). Special schools for deafs (which is available from Primary to University education) students are basically taught in sign language as well as the use of pictogram. One can hardly acquire a degree if he lacks ability to comprehend and communicate in the language.
Some deaf people lip-read. You've never seen or heard that before? Back in Uni, I had a friend who couldn't hear in both ears but could lipread. You'd hardly know because he's pretty good at it. He doesn't know how to sign and he speaks remarkably better than normal hearing people. Until you've lived or any form of sensible verbal dialogue with a deaf person, all you'll be doing is speculate. Just clearing the air on the emboldened, dassal.
Re: FG To Direct All TV Stations To Use Sign Language Interpreters by Darkmode64: 9:31pm On Oct 15, 2021
6ixT8:

Deaf mute.
Tbh, this is correct. Nigerians need to unlearn things that are recognized as slurs . What is deaf and dumb? Toooor

1 Like

Re: FG To Direct All TV Stations To Use Sign Language Interpreters by AndikanEssien(m): 9:43pm On Oct 15, 2021
Darkmode64:

Some deaf people lip-read. You've never seen or heard that before? Back in Uni, I had a friend who couldn't hear in both ears but could lipread. You'd hardly know because he's pretty good at it. He doesn't know how to sign and he speaks remarkably better than normal hearing people. Until you've lived or any form of sensible verbal dialogue with a deaf person, all you'll be doing is speculate. Just clearing the air on the emboldened, dassal.

Young man abi woman I am a sign language interpreter and live in the world of the deaf. Your friend in the University wasn't born deaf, he only lost his ability to hear later on in life and had already learnt how to speak and communicate orally. For individuals who were born deaf or who became deaf at a very young age sign language becomes their vehicle to education.
Re: FG To Direct All TV Stations To Use Sign Language Interpreters by Darkmode64: 9:56pm On Oct 15, 2021
AndikanEssien:

Young man abi woman I am a sign language interpreter and live in the world of the deaf. Your friend in the University wasn't born deaf, he only lost his ability to hear later on in life and had already learnt how to speak and communicate orally. For individuals who were born deaf or who became deaf at a very young age sign language becomes their vehicle to education.
We could keep going back and forth without you seeing my point, oh ye sign language interpreter. This has clouded your ability to comprehend what I'm passing to you, sadly. All the best.
Re: FG To Direct All TV Stations To Use Sign Language Interpreters by AndikanEssien(m): 7:00am On Oct 16, 2021
Darkmode64:

We could keep going back and forth without you seeing my point, oh ye sign language interpreter. This has clouded your ability to comprehend what I'm passing to you, sadly. All the best.

Uncle friend of a deaf, your view of the matter is based on just a single experience so to speak. I am speaking from a general point of view but your bent on making me align with you on your narrow view. No na!
Re: FG To Direct All TV Stations To Use Sign Language Interpreters by Damidave1124(m): 2:08pm On Oct 16, 2021
6ixT8:

Deaf mute.
Okay
Re: FG To Direct All TV Stations To Use Sign Language Interpreters by Darkmode64: 3:11pm On Oct 16, 2021
AndikanEssien:

Uncle friend of a deaf, your view of the matter is based on just a single experience so to speak. I am speaking from a general point of view but your bent on making me align with you on your narrow view. No na!
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Can I Download Nigeria And Ghana Movie On My Mobile Phone ? / Where Can I Download Latest Nollywood Movies? / Watch Godzilla X Kong: The New Empi Downlaod [hindi-english] 480p | 720p | 1080p

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.