Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:42 AM

A Company Didn't Accept My Resignation - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / A Company Didn't Accept My Resignation (30191 Views)

Yet To Receive My Salary After My Resignation Last Year / CEO Who Fired 900 Staff On Brutal Zoom Call Faces Mass Resignation Of Exec's / Re: A Company Didn't Accept My Resignation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Company Didn't Accept My Resignation by femi4: 11:12pm On Oct 14, 2021
Seeeker:
I don't know what to call this... I tendered a resignation letter with 3 weeks notice despite that no notice clause is contained in my appointment letter.

They just collected the letter and said nothing. When the resignation became effective, I left the company and they still didn't tell me anything about handing over to someone else as is the practice there in case of sack.

It's been a month I left and they still didn't contact me about handing over. My concern is that they didn't remit a Kobo into my pension account. Why I'm expecting them to ask me to hand over is that I have in my custody about 5k belonging to the company. I didn't borrow the money. It was kind of something left in my care.

So, if they later ask me to come and do proper handing over, should I ask them about my pension? Some people sacked in the past said their pension was not remitted too.
They don't care about you. They ve done damages that surpasses 5k to you
Re: A Company Didn't Accept My Resignation by Nobody: 11:14pm On Oct 14, 2021
Were you given an Employment letter? Is the Company an Organized one? You can sue them if you have your employment letter and if you have the energy. But best bet is to ignore and move on...
Re: A Company Didn't Accept My Resignation by Nobody: 11:15pm On Oct 14, 2021
gbolswag:
idiot then stop going to the company clout chaser...if u stop going who will hold u

That's how some of you become unfortunate in life through careless talks. You will become a scapegoat someday.
Re: A Company Didn't Accept My Resignation by chaloskyx: 11:16pm On Oct 14, 2021
GET A LAWYER IF YOU ARE SERIOUS ABOUT GETTING YOUR PENSION SIMPLE
Re: A Company Didn't Accept My Resignation by Nobody: 11:18pm On Oct 14, 2021
BabaJoe001:
Were you given an Employment letter? Is the Company an Organized one? You can sue them if you have your employment letter and if you have the energy. But best bet is to ignore and move on...

They gave me employment letter and the company is a super rich one. I can't sue them. I'm just concerned they may want to use the 5k naira in my custody to implicate me in the future. I want them to ask me to handover the money. I can't just go there, place the money on the table and say that I have returned the money.
Re: A Company Didn't Accept My Resignation by MrMcJay(m): 11:26pm On Oct 14, 2021
They're setting you up. Go find out what Abba Kyari as Chief of Staff did to Eyo Ita.

It is probably that 5k that will send you to jail.

1 Like

Re: A Company Didn't Accept My Resignation by brandsoncharlie: 11:31pm On Oct 14, 2021
fatymore:
Please move on. As they didn't care, you too don't care.

If truly care they would have included the notice clause in your appointment letter.

Move on just like that, do you know how much deductions they made him go through just to pay pension. That fund would have been used to offset so many things for him in the past.
The taxes and contributions he has paid so far for the growth of the country shouldn't be neglected. He should be paid what due him.
He should go to the relevant authorities to lodge his complains and seek solutions to it.

1 Like

Re: A Company Didn't Accept My Resignation by brandsoncharlie: 11:35pm On Oct 14, 2021
Seeeker:

That's how some of you become unfortunate in life through careless talks. You will become a scapegoat someday.

Some people are very annoying on this platform, I tell you. Imagine deducting like 50k every month in one year multiplied by 10-15 years of service for pension plus tax on such deductions.
Re: A Company Didn't Accept My Resignation by brandsoncharlie: 11:37pm On Oct 14, 2021
jaasiel:
You are expected to return all the companies assets in your possession ID Card, access card, etc, including the N5K.
The Handover note is optional but for future reference sake you may want to that.
Your salary has been stopped so also your pension remittances with immediate effect.
Everybody go dey alrite las,las
Apart from the 5k, the rest are void after resignation.
Re: A Company Didn't Accept My Resignation by FrenchyL(m): 11:40pm On Oct 14, 2021
ismodiwa:
Walk away

Very simple!

1 Like

Re: A Company Didn't Accept My Resignation by Oracleforce: 11:41pm On Oct 14, 2021
There is more to this story than what the Op is posting.

For future sake, you better go and hand over properly so that you will not be aspiring for a big post in the future and someone close to you will bring up this matter.
Go back to the company and go and play along with them, play the fool game while you demand your retirement entitlement...as long as you achieve your aim.
Re: A Company Didn't Accept My Resignation by ccollins(m): 11:46pm On Oct 14, 2021
Seeeker:
I don't know what to call this... I tendered a resignation letter with 3 weeks notice despite that no notice clause is contained in my appointment letter.

They just collected the letter and said nothing. When the resignation became effective, I left the company and they still didn't tell me anything about handing over to someone else as is the practice there in case of sack.

It's been a month I left and they still didn't contact me about handing over. My concern is that they didn't remit a Kobo into my pension account. Why I'm expecting them to ask me to hand over is that I have in my custody about 5k belonging to the company. I didn't borrow the money. It was kind of something left in my care.

So, if they later ask me to come and do proper handing over, should I ask them about my pension? Some people sacked in the past said their pension was not remitted too.
go and get a lawyer to help you take action against them at the national industrial court, that's the appropriate thing to do
Re: A Company Didn't Accept My Resignation by Ayion: 11:54pm On Oct 14, 2021
NewSoul:
I see the company chaining you down and calling their pastor to pray for you (coz they think village people are after your destiny)

I see them conducting deliverance on you while pouring anointing oil and holy water on you

I see you maintaining your stand to live the company

I see you being flogged with a holy cane by a false prophet

These I have seen
Bros, you no go like adjust your eye sight?
Re: A Company Didn't Accept My Resignation by Cousin9999: 12:21am On Oct 15, 2021
Op: I quit! angry

Boss: No you don't.

Op:

Boss: After everything we've been through, you're just gonna leave us!? cry

Op: I mean I could come by and write a report every once in a while. I think--

Boss: Is that all you think of us? Performance reports and meetings. undecided

Op: Well, yeah.

Boss: Well, fine then. We're a strong, independent firm and we don't need to depend on no man. angry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xxk4e59M8og
Re: A Company Didn't Accept My Resignation by BigIyanga: 12:36am On Oct 15, 2021
Call HR and express your concern and non-remittance of pension if deducted from your salary. Evrtything no be lawyer matter

1 Like

Re: A Company Didn't Accept My Resignation by Jamesbiodun(m): 12:54am On Oct 15, 2021
Handing over kwa cheesy just forget your pension and move on, most of the company don't want to pay pension, they will rather sack you than pay the pension sad
Re: A Company Didn't Accept My Resignation by adabaraabdul: 1:07am On Oct 15, 2021
Seeeker:

Report them to pencom. This is a very serious issue. If you don't, they will keep doing these things. Very bad. I have been a victim of all of these to.
Re: A Company Didn't Accept My Resignation by Yankee101: 1:13am On Oct 15, 2021
Contact the pension commission
Re: A Company Didn't Accept My Resignation by thatigboman1: 1:13am On Oct 15, 2021
Seeeker:

what u submitted was a request to resign and u dont have to leave the company until your request to resign has been approved.
U think that what u are owing the company is 5k, wait till their letter arrives and u see that u are in real trouble.
U absconded from your duties in the company, u went AWOL (away without official leave). Forget any contribution to your pension account from the company,it will not arrive.
Who advised you to leave without a letter didnt help u. And what if u get another job and they ask for a letter of resignation from your last job? Where are u going to get it from?
Re: A Company Didn't Accept My Resignation by thatigboman1: 1:15am On Oct 15, 2021
abumoney:
Most conditions of service state 30days notice in the case of resignation, you said yours is 3 weeks, were you paid for that month? If "yes", you have a right to request for your pension contribution for that month
he doesn't have a right to nothing, stop misleading people. Washing resignation letter approved?
Re: A Company Didn't Accept My Resignation by thatigboman1: 1:16am On Oct 15, 2021
AfroKnight:
Return the money first. Then Mail them about the non-remittance of your pension.

If they do not reply your mail, call the HR.

Some bosses act like petulant children when it comes to staff resigning. Once you tell them you’re leaving they begin to treat you like you’ve offended them and some would even bear a grudge.
very funny. Not as easy as u think.
Re: A Company Didn't Accept My Resignation by thatigboman1: 1:18am On Oct 15, 2021
Mercychen:
You took their 5k with you and you know you were supposed to hand over, just because they didn't ask you. Now, they did their own by not remitting your pension, you begin write epistle.

Do you know if they're trying to get back at you?
If you had done the right thing, it would have been easier to advise you and judge the matter straight. But now, even me, I can't say much because you have their property with you.

Convert the 5k to your remittance for this month and see what happens by next month.
he thought he owed them, wait till the company replies him, if only he can post the company's response here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Company Didn't Accept My Resignation by bilulu(m): 1:39am On Oct 15, 2021
abumoney:
Most conditions of service state 30days notice in the case of resignation, you said yours is 3 weeks, were you paid for that month? If "yes", you have a right to request for your pension contribution for that month
Two weeks na
Re: A Company Didn't Accept My Resignation by rhames(m): 1:41am On Oct 15, 2021
Seeeker:

Get a lawyer to take care of that.
Re: A Company Didn't Accept My Resignation by fkj950ax(m): 2:01am On Oct 15, 2021
Seeeker:

1. Make an internet transfer of N5,000 to the company account, print the debit alert.
2. Write a Cover Letter
3. Attach the copy of your resignation letter and the N5,000 debit alert.
4. Write a Handover Note, print it.
5. Enclose all in an envelope, make copies
6. Give to FedEx or RedStar to deliver and get the Proof of Delivery from them.
Make sure you don't deliver it yourself
7. Go to your PFA website and find Report Unremitted Pension Deduction
8. PENCON will get your pension from the company for you, including all the interest you would have earned.
9. PENCON will fine the company.

Then go about your life normally. Its a job, you are not bound to work there compulsorily.

If anybody contacts you from the company, tell them to send an email as you have to share the correspondence with your lawyer (Nobody knows you haven't engaged a lawyer)
Don't speak on phone to anybody.

5 Likes

Re: A Company Didn't Accept My Resignation by ussv: 2:13am On Oct 15, 2021
The best thing was to have dropped that money before you left make e for no go turn to another thing. If they have HR, engage them to see what's going on. Sometimes, silence is a sign of acceptance. The fact that they did not get back to you may mean resigning themselves to the fact that they have lost you but if na company wey dey vex say you walk out on them , them fit behave this way that is why its important nothing of theirs, not even 10 kobo is in your possession. A wicked boss fit turn am to another thing.
Re: A Company Didn't Accept My Resignation by GloShare(m): 2:17am On Oct 15, 2021
You should not expect them to ask you for their money. Use your initiative before they say you stole from them.
Re: A Company Didn't Accept My Resignation by princewarri1985: 2:49am On Oct 15, 2021
Why is that your buisness if the company didn't reply you? You've resigned you've resigned, remove your eye from the company and move on with your life, forward ever and backward never, MOD it's not every nonsense you move to front page, please take note
Re: A Company Didn't Accept My Resignation by Nobody: 2:57am On Oct 15, 2021
Wahala be like fan
Wey Calabar man fix
Na so so
Effiong Effiong
You go dey hear grin grin
Re: A Company Didn't Accept My Resignation by Nobody: 2:57am On Oct 15, 2021
shiki:
cool The company is not well organised then, or your post wasn't too relevant to them

Probably...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hyundai Heavy Industry Intakes (batch 1---6). / Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates / Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.