Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,836 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:36 AM

Do We Have Female Devs On Nairaland? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Do We Have Female Devs On Nairaland? (2195 Views)

Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? / So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. / Hi Devs, See What I Won (New Survey) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do We Have Female Devs On Nairaland? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Oct 14, 2021

Not to over hype things, I haven't seen any female Programmer or techy babe on Nairaland , Am a front end Dev learning Java for mobile development , and I've been here for quite since 2014,(lost my password and username for that account). But Programming with Dudes can be boring , Party no make sense if girls nor dey. Honestly Girls should consider learning programming to contribute to the I.t world. I want to rest the case here , but let me ask cc: seun , when last did you show you care for us Devs On this section of the forum. When next is the Development Comp!?

1 Like

Re: Do We Have Female Devs On Nairaland? by mrfizy(m): 6:03am On Oct 15, 2021
Sadly, where there is no affirmative action,women are scarcely found in such areas.
Re: Do We Have Female Devs On Nairaland? by valzey(m): 6:46am On Oct 15, 2021
I don't think having girls here makes any difference, what do you expect? Nudes?
They're programmers too so they'll talk like other programmers.
Unless you're looking for females who are learning so they can be easy catch but you're better off getting a girl in your neighbourhood than online.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do We Have Female Devs On Nairaland? by Nobody: 7:26am On Oct 15, 2021
You’d have to be really bored as a programmer to start looking out for “female programmers”. Like the gentleman above said, they are also programmers who talk and think very much like their male counterparts.

3 Likes

Re: Do We Have Female Devs On Nairaland? by SirLakes: 8:11am On Oct 15, 2021
valzey:
I don't think having girls here makes any difference, what do you expect? Nudes?
Unless you're looking for females who are learning so they can be easy catch but you're better off getting a girl in your neighbourhood than online.
Bros grin easy nah

3 Likes

Re: Do We Have Female Devs On Nairaland? by Blessing0305(f): 9:03am On Oct 15, 2021
Im a female and I'll like to learn
Im also new here on nairaland, I'll like the bringer of the topic to teach(i dont know if that is wat op means here)

1 Like

Re: Do We Have Female Devs On Nairaland? by ojuwura(f): 9:08am On Oct 15, 2021
mrfizy:
Sadly, where there is no affirmative action,women are scarcely found in such areas.
I think there are quite a bunch of female programmers though but most are social media ghosts. I am a front end developer still in her baby stages trying to wrap my head around javascript frameworks. However Web3 is my eventual goal; becoming a blockchain developer.

4 Likes

Re: Do We Have Female Devs On Nairaland? by Jedalord: 4:02pm On Oct 15, 2021
Blessing0305:
Im a female and I'll like to learn
Im also new here on nairaland, I'll like the bringer of the topic to teach(i dont know if that is wat op means here)
It's cool to go that career path but you go consider the pros and cons of your choice
Check this lady called Bukola on YouTube she's cool you can meet up with her on Instagram
There's a lot of code boot camps for women to go and gain such knowledge on tech sha
Re: Do We Have Female Devs On Nairaland? by BlackSan: 7:03pm On Oct 15, 2021
valzey:

THANK YOU!!
Lately I have been seeing threads about females. I can't tell if it is supposed to encourage them... Sigh
Gender shouldn't be emphasize in this field or it would make some females feel special about themselves.

1 Like

Re: Do We Have Female Devs On Nairaland? by BlackSan: 7:06pm On Oct 15, 2021
ojuwura:

I think there are quite a bunch of female programmers though but most are social media ghosts. I am a front end developer still in her baby stages trying to wrap my head around javascript frameworks. However Web3 is my eventual goal; becoming a blockchain developer.

Hello
I hope you don't mind having a female programmer as a friend? The whole essence is helping ourselves. I would also love male friends, that is, if they don't mind.

2 Likes

Re: Do We Have Female Devs On Nairaland? by Sheriman(m): 7:55pm On Oct 15, 2021
BlackSan:

Hello
I hope you don't mind having a female programmer as a friend? The whole essence is helping ourselves. I would also love male friends, that is, if they don't mind.
I am here!! I'm also longing to meet a female programmer like you. I am an Android developer, I write in Kotlin. So what about yours?

1 Like

Re: Do We Have Female Devs On Nairaland? by Blessing0305(f): 8:49pm On Oct 15, 2021
BlackSan:

But most females don't even want to think about this field

THANK YOU!!
Lately I have been seeing threads about females. I can't tell if it is supposed to encourage them... Sigh
Gender shouldn't be emphasize in this field or it would make some females feel special about themselves.
Re: Do We Have Female Devs On Nairaland? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Oct 15, 2021
BlackSan:

Hello

Nice... What's your Stack.... Am front end for now ..

And....

Like what I meant was, programming has to have fun when you leave your female partner to do the code cracking and you assist her. O am already talking movies . Lol
But it's better hearing her blow gums than fight bugs with the keyboard... Choose the sound.

Feels goooood
Re: Do We Have Female Devs On Nairaland? by BlackSan: 11:21pm On Oct 15, 2021
Sheriman:

I am here!! I'm also longing to meet a female programmer like you. I am an Android developer, I write in Kotlin. So what about yours?

Inspiring Web developer.
Currently learning though.
Apologies if my words made you misunderstand but I am not yet a full stack developer yet.
Re: Do We Have Female Devs On Nairaland? by BlackSan: 11:24pm On Oct 15, 2021
[quote author=Blessing0305 post=106770022][/quote]

I blame the govt who doesn't really encourage IT among youths. A lot of females go into feminine businesses they find more paying and demanding. Yunno like fashion design, hair stylist, Aesthetic products.

1 Like

Re: Do We Have Female Devs On Nairaland? by BlackSan: 11:27pm On Oct 15, 2021
McProspero:

And....

Like what I meant was, programming has to have fun when you leave your female partner to do the code cracking and you assist her. O am already talking movies . Lol
But it's better hearing her blow gums than fight bugs with the keyboard... Choose the sound.

Feels goooood

Well also on my frontend journey after which I intend to learn backend. After I become a full stack developer, I intend to go into Data science. That was my major aim in the first place.
I hope we get along... Uhm... Prosper?
Re: Do We Have Female Devs On Nairaland? by nobody01: 12:09am On Oct 16, 2021
BlackSan:

Well also on my frontend journey after which I intend to learn backend. After I become a full stack developer, I intend to go into Data science. That was my major aim in the first place.

Little piece of advice. Try sticking to a particular stack, you can't be all at once. Maybe you can be a Full stack or better still a Data Scientist instead of both. You can also niche down and become a Backend or Frontend dev.
Re: Do We Have Female Devs On Nairaland? by Sheriman(m): 12:28am On Oct 16, 2021
BlackSan:

Inspiring Web developer.
Currently learning though.
Apologies if my words made you misunderstand but I am not yet a full stack developer yet.
Oh Oh Oh!! That's quite impressive. I like any woman that love challenge. We are the same because me too is yet to be a full stack developer. Anyways, I always keep improving my skills to become a better Android developer. I am very glad to meet you!!
Please! Please!! Please!!! Make sure you niche down your programming. Be specific on what you want to become. Please don't be like some wanna be directionless and unfocused Nairaland programmers who will be jumping from one language to the other without achieving anything. Stick with one language, understand it, master it, explore some advance new tools, framework and technology introduce in the language. Finally, build something great with it.
Happy coding!! to my new female programmer friend.

1 Like

Re: Do We Have Female Devs On Nairaland? by BlackSan: 12:50am On Oct 16, 2021
nobody01:

Little piece of advice. Try sticking to a particular stack, you can't be all at once. Maybe you can be a Full stack or better still a Data Scientist instead of both. You can also niche down and become a Backend or Frontend dev.

I understand your point, although I am currently focused on web dev but I have my reasons. Besides, some of the skills in web dev will be required in Data science but thank you so much for the advice.
Re: Do We Have Female Devs On Nairaland? by BlackSan: 12:51am On Oct 16, 2021
Sheriman:
Oh Oh Oh!! That's quite impressive. I like any woman that love challenge. We are the same because me too is yet to be a full stack developer. Anyways, I always keep improving my skills to become a better Android developer. I am very glad to meet you!!
Please! Please!! Please!!! Make sure you niche down your programming. Be specific on what you want to become. Please don't be like some wanna be directionless and unfocused Nairaland programmers who will be jumping from one language to the other without achieving anything. Stick with one language, understand it, master it, explore some advance new tools, framework and technology introduce in the language. Finally, build something great with it.
Happy coding!! to my new female programmer friend.

Thank you so much.
Advices like this means so much to me. I'm currently focused on Web dev but I appreciate your advice.
Re: Do We Have Female Devs On Nairaland? by Sheriman(m): 1:01am On Oct 16, 2021
BlackSan:

Thank you so much.
Advices like this means so much to me. I'm currently focused on Web dev but I appreciate your advice.
You're welcome cheesy cheesy
Re: Do We Have Female Devs On Nairaland? by Nobody: 3:07am On Oct 16, 2021
McProspero:

And....

Feels goooood
Mumu
Re: Do We Have Female Devs On Nairaland? by suffering: 6:37am On Oct 16, 2021
I don’t know why OP keeps asking this question. Okay, I’ll open a new account to pose as a female programmer. I hope that’ll satisfy you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do We Have Female Devs On Nairaland? by Nobody: 7:53am On Oct 16, 2021
grin
Kellzzyy:

Mumu
grin just to catch cruise bro..... No hard feelings
Re: Do We Have Female Devs On Nairaland? by airsaylongcome: 8:54am On Oct 16, 2021
BlackSan:

I will never understand our society. We LOVE wahala too much. Maybe for bragging rights. If not why on earth will someone who wants to delve into Data Science be wasting their time learning HTML and CSS? What does a Data Scientist need all that "nonsense" for?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do We Have Female Devs On Nairaland? by BlackSan: 9:21am On Oct 16, 2021
airsaylongcome:

I will never understand our society. We LOVE wahala too much. Maybe for bragging rights. If not why on earth will someone who wants to delve into Data Science be wasting their time learning HTML and CSS? What does a Data Scientist need all that "nonsense" for?

Good morning sir
I made this decision after reading "The Chronicles of a Data analyst/science" here on Nairaland.
I feel learnt data science will take a longer time when compared to Web dev (maybe I'm wrong). I have other reasons but I don't think they are convincible.
Re: Do We Have Female Devs On Nairaland? by nobody01: 10:15am On Oct 16, 2021
BlackSan:

I understand your point, although I am currently focused on web dev but I have my reasons. Besides, some of the skills in web dev will be required in Data science but thank you so much for the advice.

I feel you should make more research though before you delve into anything. The good thing about tech is you can fail and pivot at anytime when you feel something isn't right for you again. Today you may be learning Data Science and Web Development, tomorrow you will end up a Product Designer.

Although, it's best to stick to one thing earlier on inorder to build a brand for yourself. Anyways, I wish you success in your endeavors.
Re: Do We Have Female Devs On Nairaland? by nobody01: 10:22am On Oct 16, 2021
BlackSan:

Good morning sir
I made this decision after reading "The Chronicles of a Data analyst/science" here on Nairaland.
I feel learnt data science will take a longer time when compared to Web dev (maybe I'm wrong). I have other reasons but I don't think they are convincible.

As Airsaylongcome would advise most of the times stick to your plan and play the long term game. If you are in love with Data Science, play the long term game and reap your reward in the future doing what you love. But if you need to get on your feet ASAP, then you can stick to Web Development but it won't also be as easy as you might presume.
Re: Do We Have Female Devs On Nairaland? by BlackSan: 10:38am On Oct 16, 2021
nobody01:

As Airsaylongcome would advise most of the times stick to your plan and play the long term game. If you are in love with Data Science, play the long term game and reap your reward in the future doing what you love. But if you need to get on your feet ASAP, then you can stick to Web Development but it won't also be as easy as you might presume.

I appreciate your advice and I will make make more research. Doesn't change my plans on Web dev. Since I started it, I have been loving every bit of it but thanks.
Re: Do We Have Female Devs On Nairaland? by arantess: 10:43am On Oct 16, 2021
Rgade:
You’d have to be really bored as a programmer to start looking out for “female programmers”. Like the gentleman above said, they are also programmers who talk and think very much like their male counterparts.
You don't have to be bored to ask such questions...

Recently there was a study in India, asking same question but in data science field
Where the researchers bored? According to you maybe

They came up with very interesting insights as to why though (gender pay gap, poor career growth for women, male-dominated office culture, lack of access to mentors, and gender bias in recruiting)...you see what they found out?

The man asked a very good question

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Universal Files And Folders Encryption (PGP) - Good For You / Please How Can I Download A Torrent File From Freetutorial.us / Hashtag Highlighting Like Twitter With Javascript

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.