Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,861 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:51 AM

Are These Two Insects Thesame, Can It Kill A Human ?? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Are These Two Insects Thesame, Can It Kill A Human ?? (1082 Views)

I Am A Human Chimera / When You Urinate Does It Kill The Sperm? / Two Insects That You Don’t Know Of That Could Cause Serious Health Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are These Two Insects Thesame, Can It Kill A Human ?? by Nobody: 4:58am On Oct 15, 2021
I woke up with a sharp sting on my upper legs and held the point down with my left hand, and picked a torch, opened 2 doors and walked outside the house only to see this ?

I have never seen this insect anywhere before and I believe it's poisonous. The point is, I didn't allow it to complete it's sting.

It's half inch long. Has short wings. Orange and black abdomen.

Re: Are These Two Insects Thesame, Can It Kill A Human ?? by Patented: 5:03am On Oct 15, 2021
AlhajiBitcoin:
I woke up with a sharp sting on my upper legs and held the point down with my left hand, and picked a torch, opened 2 doors and walked outside the house only to see this ?

I have never seen this insect anywhere before and I believe it's poisonous. The point is, I didn't allow it to complete it's sting.

It's half inch long. Has short wings. Orange and black abdomen.

Not the same

1 Like

Re: Are These Two Insects Thesame, Can It Kill A Human ?? by laiza(m): 5:33am On Oct 15, 2021
That is not an Asian giant hornet. If that were to sting you, I don't think you would be typing anything anytime soon. Most insects are venomous, some are both venomous and poisonous because their sting or bite contains the same polypeptide that is found in snakes and spiders venom but only in minute quantities, that is why when insects bite you the place swells up and itches, your body will automatically kick into autoimmune defense and localise the venom to a particular spot. Some insects can literally kill you if you eat them, those ones are poisonous and venomous. That being said, I think this insect is a moth, cricket or butterfly. It's harmless and the pain will soon wear off, it's just it's defence mechanism.

2 Likes

Re: Are These Two Insects Thesame, Can It Kill A Human ?? by Nobody: 6:18am On Oct 15, 2021
That insect in the photo you posted is a Bed Bug embarassed
Re: Are These Two Insects Thesame, Can It Kill A Human ?? by SporaD8: 6:55am On Oct 15, 2021
Miracood2:
That insect in the photo you posted is a Bed Bug embarassed
Bed bug with wings!
Which planet are you typing Frommm!

1 Like

Re: Are These Two Insects Thesame, Can It Kill A Human ?? by Nobody: 7:13am On Oct 15, 2021
My phone was down so I used a torchlight while snapping it.

That's definitely a dangerous insect. The pain just subsided now.
Re: Are These Two Insects Thesame, Can It Kill A Human ?? by Nobody: 7:15am On Oct 15, 2021
laiza:
That is not an Asian giant hornet. If that were to sting you, I don't think you would be typing anything anytime soon. Most insects are venomous, some are both venomous and poisonous because their sting or bite contains the same polypeptide that is found in snakes and spiders venom but only in minute quantities, that is why when insects bite you the place swells up and itches, your body will automatically kick into autoimmune defense and localise the venom to a particular spot. Some insects can literally kill you if you eat them, those ones are poisonous and venomous. That being said, I think this insect is a moth, cricket or butterfly. It's harmless and the pain will soon wear off, it's just it's defence mechanism.

Sir, people survive snake bites, poison and all that.

Humans have different composition.

I still want somebody to identify the insect.
Re: Are These Two Insects Thesame, Can It Kill A Human ?? by laiza(m): 7:18am On Oct 15, 2021
To identify the insect picture alone is not enough sadly. You need to be able to describe it; the wings size, the abdomen structure, color, the mandibular composition etc. When you can accurately give these info then the class and genom can be easily identified and its family so naming it would be easy. Sorry sir.
AlhajiBitcoin:

Sir, people survive snake bites, poison and all that.

Humans have different composition.

I still want somebody to identify the insect.
Re: Are These Two Insects Thesame, Can It Kill A Human ?? by Nobody: 7:38am On Oct 15, 2021
laiza:
To identify the insect picture alone is not enough sadly. You need to be able to describe it; the wings size, the abdomen structure, color, the mandibular composition etc. When you can accurately give these info then the class and genom can be easily identified and its family so naming it would be easy. Sorry sir.

It's bright orange and black in color.

It's actually the biggest insect I have seen. Over half inch long. You are looking at the wings on both sides of the insect(short black) wings.

Re: Are These Two Insects Thesame, Can It Kill A Human ?? by laiza(m): 7:48am On Oct 15, 2021
This picture isn't clear enough bro but from your description all I can say is a cricket, a female cricket to be precise. An hornet bee does not fly at night and does not always fly alone and would not enter your house because there is no sugar or honey there and definitely no bees and most importantly you're not in Asia!!!
AlhajiBitcoin:

It's bright orange and black in color.

It's actually the biggest insect I have seen. Over half inch long. You are looking at the wings on both sides of the insect(short black) wings.
Re: Are These Two Insects Thesame, Can It Kill A Human ?? by Nobody: 10:37am On Oct 15, 2021
I think this is a wasp , ,judging from the pointy bottom and and it stings .
Re: Are These Two Insects Thesame, Can It Kill A Human ?? by Josbreed: 5:20pm On Oct 15, 2021
Use a sharper camera next time.
Re: Are These Two Insects Thesame, Can It Kill A Human ?? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 16, 2021
Robertsm1:
I think this is a WASP, ,judging from the pointy bottom and and it stings .

THank you.

That's the answer i have been waiting for.

Hornets are same family with wasps. Their stings are worse than that of bees. It knocked me out by 8am yesterday and I slept till 12noon.

I just spotted a bigger one today.

Laiza told me, I'm not in Asia. Forgetting that America has more hornets population than Asia.

Most animals are named from the first place they were spotted in history.

Nah this thing bite me yesterday.

(1) (Reply)

Need Help To Wash It Down / Aborted Baby / Simple & Natural Tips For A Whiter Teeth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.