Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,320 members, 7,808,074 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:46 AM

COVID-19: Vaccination Not Compulsory For Civil Servants - FG - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: Vaccination Not Compulsory For Civil Servants - FG (18034 Views)

Unvaccinated Civil Servants Barred From Federal Secretariat, Abuja (Photo) / FG Makes COVID-19 Vaccination Compulsory For Civil Servants / Now That COVID-19 Vaccination Has Begun In Nigeria, Would You Get Vaccinated? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19: Vaccination Not Compulsory For Civil Servants - FG by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:05am On Oct 15, 2021
Federal Government has explained that taking COVID-19 vaccine is a choice and not a compulsory exercise, even though it is expected that every Nigerian should get vaccinated against the dreaded COVID-19 virus.

The explanation came against the backdrop of criticisms that followed media reports that effective December 1 2021, federal civil servants would be expected to present their vaccine cards or risk not being allowed into their work places.

Executive Director, National Primary Health Care Development Agency (NPHCDA), Dr. Faisal Shuaib, at a press conference, yesterday, in Abuja, however, clarified that federal civil servants were not under obligation to take the vaccine, but that they must show negative COVID-19 PCR test.

“The Presidential Steering Committee (PSC), on Wednesday, announced interventions to, not only protect the most vulnerable people in our society, but to also ensure that the work place is safe for all citizens. Clearly, there is loss of productivity and its impact on socio-economic development when workers are unable to come to work on a regular, and consistent basis due to outbreaks of an infectious disease such as COVID-19.

“Following advice by public health experts, the PSC announced that all Federal Government employees should make a choice as to how they can contribute towards making the work environment COVID-19-free. The logical choice is between taking the vaccine and showing the evidence or presenting proof that one is COVID-19-free by showing a negative PCR test taken 72 hours prior. This provision is applicable to all Federal Government institutions. The decision to release the advisory was not taken lightly. It is part of the PSC and Federal Ministry of Health’s mantra to always use scientific evidence to make decisions for the benefit of all Nigerians.”

On the question of availability of vaccines, he said they had already done a comprehensive analysis and forecast of COVID-19 vaccines and it was confirmed that there’s enough vaccines to cover more than the population of Federal Government employees.

“Based on delivery forecasts from the COVAX facility and African Union, Nigeria will have adequate vaccines to cover more that 50 per cent of eligible populations by the end of the first quarter of 2022. In order words, please do not worry about the availability of vaccines because we have the supply chain figured out already,” he said.

He also explained that NPHCDA is committed to ramp up COVID-19 vaccine uptake, and it had put in place plans for the establishment of mass vaccination sites across the country.

“The objective is to vaccinate a high volume of individuals through large sites such as federal institutions, shopping malls, religious centres, sporting events, conference centres, and markets etc. This will require strong collaboration between NPHCDA, state governments, religious bodies, school authorities and governing bodies of malls and large sporting events.

“As we expand the vaccination sites, we encourage all eligible Nigerians to avail themselves for vaccination. We have commenced the process of decentralising COVID-19 vaccination in Nigeria, to include private health care providers. This is to expand access and increase utilisation of the vaccines which will not affect free vaccination policy.

“We are working with relevant security agencies to make examples of these individuals who may wish to buy or sell the cards by naming and shaming them. We are also enhancing the security features of our vaccination cards in order to limit forgeries,” he said.

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/covid-19-vaccination-not-compulsory-for-civil-servants-fg/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Vaccination Not Compulsory For Civil Servants - FG by benuejosh: 6:14am On Oct 15, 2021
Covid-19 is Real!
Get vaccinated.
Stay safe for the sake of those around you even if you don't like yourself.
Do not say because you hate Buhari and as such you won't get vaccinated.

COVID-19 IS REAL!

Advice no be curse and e no get shame like craze man.

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Vaccination Not Compulsory For Civil Servants - FG by helinues: 6:17am On Oct 15, 2021
Federal Government has explained that taking COVID-19 vaccine is a choice and not a compulsory exercise

Better.. I don't know about other countries but COVID in Nigeria na big scam.

83 Likes 8 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Vaccination Not Compulsory For Civil Servants - FG by orikoku: 6:17am On Oct 15, 2021
COVID 19 is a scam in Nigeria.

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Vaccination Not Compulsory For Civil Servants - FG by Brunosamel(m): 6:26am On Oct 15, 2021
I won't take the shot but I rether built my antibody than take that covid 19 scam

11 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Vaccination Not Compulsory For Civil Servants - FG by Fasindo: 6:35am On Oct 15, 2021
shocked

A govt that will say one thing today and change mouth the next day when it generate public outcry.

Whether compulsory or not people will still not take it.
Nigerians has a way of maneuver things, they will forge the certificate so as to receive their salary.

But I Fasindo is yet to know who is benefiting from this covid19 vaccination cos Nigerian government does nothing free.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Vaccination Not Compulsory For Civil Servants - FG by Lawalemi(m): 7:05am On Oct 15, 2021
Why are they afraid to declare their position?

Let them declare ordinary 5,000 naira bonus for every civil servant that take it and you'll see massive turn out from workers.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Vaccination Not Compulsory For Civil Servants - FG by diportivo: 7:08am On Oct 15, 2021
you take it,you die

you don't take it,you die

wouldn't you rather take it and die?

than not take it and still die?

since all die na die?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Vaccination Not Compulsory For Civil Servants - FG by Watonop: 7:38am On Oct 15, 2021
Useless government

5 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Vaccination Not Compulsory For Civil Servants - FG by Terrier99: 7:39am On Oct 15, 2021
The SGF was wrong to compel civil servants

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Vaccination Not Compulsory For Civil Servants - FG by MiztaDynameek: 7:39am On Oct 15, 2021
Better.
I walked into a hotel and after going through the menu, I ordered some food. After about 20 mins a group of guys and ladies walked in & ordered theirs. To my dismay, these folks got served first. I watched as they began to eat& laugh heartily. I even overheard one of them bragging about how connected he is to everyone in the hotel and I felt mocked . I decided to leave. Unable to take it anymore , I called the waiter. He calmly told me: "yours is a special order, being prepared by the chief chef himself. Their orders were prepared hurriedly by students on attachment because the top chefs are busy with yours Sir. That's why they were served first. Please have some juice as you wait". I calmed down & waited patiently.
Shortly after, my meal was served by 6 waiters. Unknown to me, the owner of the hotel (who happened to be an old long lost friend of mine) saw me when I entered and decided to surprise me. She changed my simple meal to a five-star meal. The party at the other table were shocked. They couldn't stop staring. Suddenly they were the ones murmuring, asking why they didn't get that kind of service and meal.
Such is life! Some people are ahead of you and are eating now, laughing at you and talking about how they are smarter, wiser and better than you, how they are well connected, blessed, have money and are enjoying life . You are waiting tirelessly wondering why it's taking so long to breakthrough, You endure mockery and humiliation. Maybe you have contemplated suicide, gone throughout depression or suffered severe mental anxiety. Do not worry! The owner of the world has seen u & doesn't want u to be served a simple meal like those making a mockery of you. You're waiting long because yours is a special meal. It takes time to prepare. And only chief chefs prepare them.
Wait for your meal and relax . When it comes that laughing party will be silenced for good.
Stay Blessed and enjoy your day. This is my word of encouragement to you so please share to encourage others.

64 Likes 12 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Vaccination Not Compulsory For Civil Servants - FG by Bighead9: 7:39am On Oct 15, 2021
Buhari is working. We Igbo love him. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Vaccination Not Compulsory For Civil Servants - FG by omowolewa: 7:39am On Oct 15, 2021
Is like appointee under this government is the FG

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Vaccination Not Compulsory For Civil Servants - FG by bigdammyj: 7:40am On Oct 15, 2021
Better

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Vaccination Not Compulsory For Civil Servants - FG by tunwumi: 7:40am On Oct 15, 2021
Executive Director, National Primary Health Care Development Agency (NPHCDA), Dr. Faisal Shuaib, at a press conference, yesterday, in Abuja, however, clarified that federal civil servants were not under obligation to take the vaccine, but that they must show negative COVID-19 PCR test.

The bolded is not a choice in Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Vaccination Not Compulsory For Civil Servants - FG by Sallacn: 7:40am On Oct 15, 2021
orikoku:
COVID 19 is a scam in Nigeria.
Re: COVID-19: Vaccination Not Compulsory For Civil Servants - FG by ATEAMS: 7:40am On Oct 15, 2021
Aids and HIV nko

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Vaccination Not Compulsory For Civil Servants - FG by Sholaco: 7:40am On Oct 15, 2021
Confused government
Re: COVID-19: Vaccination Not Compulsory For Civil Servants - FG by tillaman(m): 7:40am On Oct 15, 2021
shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Vaccination Not Compulsory For Civil Servants - FG by Vulcanheph(m): 7:41am On Oct 15, 2021
The same government that hid palliatives from us, wants to give us medicine for free. grin grin grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Vaccination Not Compulsory For Civil Servants - FG by DUNDEEMASTER(m): 7:42am On Oct 15, 2021
Why are they forcing pple to take this nonsense cnvid 19 vaccine...There is more to this vaccine that people are yet to know undecided undecided..As for me, if i take that things make I bend angry

6 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Vaccination Not Compulsory For Civil Servants - FG by lasisi69(f): 7:42am On Oct 15, 2021
diportivo:
you take it,you die

than no take it and still die?

since all die na die?
Nice one cheesy
Re: COVID-19: Vaccination Not Compulsory For Civil Servants - FG by dhardline(m): 7:43am On Oct 15, 2021
Search project Veritas and you'll you'll get enough information from workers at fizer concerning the Vac. Some other countries are beginning to drop or pause the whole mandatory vacs.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Vaccination Not Compulsory For Civil Servants - FG by specialmati(m): 7:44am On Oct 15, 2021
grin grin grin grin Nigeria government want to give us medicine. Abeg ist free

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Vaccination Not Compulsory For Civil Servants - FG by malcom1X: 7:44am On Oct 15, 2021
THE CREATOR OF THE PCR TEST‼️‼️
Dr. Kary Mulis

HE STATED, QUOTE:

"WHEN TURNED UP HIGH ENOUGH, A PCR CAN FIND ALMOST ANYTHING, IN ANYBODY. THE PCR TEST WAS NOT DESIGNED TO DETECT A VIRUS"‼️

FOR YEARS, HE HAS BEEN OUTSPOKEN AGAINST THE FRAUD CABAL SAYING "THEY DO NOT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE, DOING OR WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT. THEY HAVE AN AGENDA".

DR. KARY MULLIS, COINCIDENTALLY JUST HAPPENED TO BE FOUND DEAD JUST A FEW MONTHS BEFORE COVID-19 WAS FIRST CONFIRMED IN THE PUBLIC.�

SO, HOW MANY FALSE POSITIVES ARE ACTUALLY OCCURING!?

THERE IS AN AGENDA, AND COVID IS A LINK IN THAT CHAIN TO TIGHTEN POWER AND CONTROL OVER THE MASSES ONE WAY OR ANOTHER ‼️

THIS IS NOT ABOUT A VIRUS‼️

The PCR test can be used to make you positive. Don't depend on it. The inventor just said it. They call it false positive for a reason.

Watch the video and hear him say it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT3IqZjT_9A

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Vaccination Not Compulsory For Civil Servants - FG by Watemelon: 7:44am On Oct 15, 2021
diportivo:
you take it,you die

than no take it and still die?

since all die na die?

See logic grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: COVID-19: Vaccination Not Compulsory For Civil Servants - FG by Nobody: 7:45am On Oct 15, 2021
One thing I like about this Government is denial

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

‘If COVID-19 Meets Oil Pollution, We Are Finished’ / Toilet Infections / Governor Oyetola Commissions 160-Bed Isolation Centre In Osun (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.