Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:13 AM

Work Advice Needed For My Parent. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Work Advice Needed For My Parent. (13037 Views)

My Parent Is Having Too Much Sex...help! / Should I Move Out Of My Parent's House / My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Work Advice Needed For My Parent. by UndauntedYOCA(f): 11:20am On Oct 15, 2021
A food outlet (buka) wouldn't be a bad idea, set it up for her in an area where there are many people. She'll only have to oversee the affairs while people work for her. Less stressful. Make sure it's local meals (varieties) not just for Yorubas or Igbos.
Do adverts for her so that 9-5ers can order and she'll have dispatch riders deliver as well. Make sure it's well branded.
As for your dad, maybe an automobile workshop, hair salon or furniture stuff, shoe making/bag. He'll have people work for him as well.
Re: Work Advice Needed For My Parent. by Realdeals(m): 11:23am On Oct 15, 2021
Ask them their business interest first, you can then modify it with funds. Don't setup business they are not interested in.

1 Like

Re: Work Advice Needed For My Parent. by Abiolasoidex(m): 11:23am On Oct 15, 2021
You can open a beverages store for your mom, you stock it up with soft drinks, wine, energy drinks, and alcoholic drinks most especially seaman's and Chelsea products trust me there's profit in this kind of business because I once worked as a storekeeper at a local distributor of all kind of drinks and I know how much they rake in daily. As for your dad, since you said he's a mechanic you can open a spare parts store for him as well, that way he will still be within his area of expertise and won't need to stress himself.
Re: Work Advice Needed For My Parent. by LIGHTLOVERSGRAM(f): 11:25am On Oct 15, 2021
pls i need money to start a little business too oo, pls if anyone can be of help � phone no, zero eight, one, zero, zero, nine, one, two, eight, five nine. God bless you �
Re: Work Advice Needed For My Parent. by abatechz(m): 11:26am On Oct 15, 2021
nice contributions so far
Re: Work Advice Needed For My Parent. by Mo10go(m): 11:26am On Oct 15, 2021
Make I clear my throat first
Humhum!!!!!
Who be that guy Keke napep idea? Uncle brother bros cos ion know u, we suppose gather hand beat for seun hand, how u fit bring the thing for 50s way him go dey reason to retire at that age, u phucked up.
As for you bros investor, shey u know this rentail business, thou I no Sabi ur area but na my own business be that for my parents immediately I finished paying for my private jet, bro try the business for both of them, money dey inside gann
Re: Work Advice Needed For My Parent. by IbileIfe: 11:27am On Oct 15, 2021
Provisions shop is best
Economically profitable without stress.
Re: Work Advice Needed For My Parent. by Coldie(m): 11:27am On Oct 15, 2021
Shoodboi:

CC: Bayo2018

This is what I'm saying. Please heed this advice. Don't attempt changing their business or "upgrading" them. You will do them more harm than good.

Business they have been doing for decades but can’t improve it out of lack of funds, now one of their children manages to become somebody with funds doesn’t his sense tell him that he should give them that funds they lacked all those years?

Or does he want the 54years old man to go and start learning another trade at his age
Re: Work Advice Needed For My Parent. by Drone95(m): 11:28am On Oct 15, 2021
Did you have enough fund? If yes let ur dad be selling cars alongside his mechanic work. & for ur mom food stuffs is better.
Re: Work Advice Needed For My Parent. by Sterope(f): 11:34am On Oct 15, 2021
Their neighbours will run the business to the ground.
OLLYBEE24:
food stuff will be a good business for them just rent a shop not far from home for them and stock it bags of different food stuff then buy pepper grinder also. cheers
Re: Work Advice Needed For My Parent. by Sterope(f): 11:37am On Oct 15, 2021
50+ are not handicapped or intellectually lazy. For their health, it is important they remain active. Also, it is sustainable for both parties to have an income for their day to day expenses.

Coldie:

Business they have been doing for decades but can’t improve it out of lack of funds, now one of their children manages to become somebody with funds doesn’t his sense tell him that he should give them that funds they lacked all those years?

Or does he want the 54years old man to go and start learning another trade at his age
Re: Work Advice Needed For My Parent. by Jayblaze47(m): 11:38am On Oct 15, 2021
Are you kidding me?

Bro that shit is oil money now selling consumables, but for an elderly person u can employ a salesgirl ur sister is even there for additional workforce
bayo2018:

But someone told me mini mart is not that lucrative

This our old parents you no fit stop them from working or doing something
Re: Work Advice Needed For My Parent. by chukwuibuipob: 11:39am On Oct 15, 2021
cool A responsible son unlike those who spend their money on prostitu2,Betking,Bet9ja,drugs, and others Useless lifestyle.Some will not even buy them wrapper but will spend money to buy cow for their burial/fry Akara for their 7days.Bayo2018,may Ur days be long.U'll eat the fruits of Ur labor and become FAT.May u not see Evil.Misfortune nor go befall u
bayo2018:

haha Nop oo lols
I just completed a 5 section of Mini flat fully furnished for them so they can be collecting funds from it and use it for anything they want and also a 3 bedroom where they will be staying though dad doesn’t know about this yet. I just want a business I can set up for them since they like going to work. I remember vividly dropping 100k at home some months ago telling them they should not go to work and stay at home for a month and take good rest. only for my jnr sister to call me after I don go back to sch say popsy don start work back oo I just weak that day lols.

1 Like

Re: Work Advice Needed For My Parent. by Adaanna(f): 11:44am On Oct 15, 2021
Had been you know what order business or businesses your daddy like aside from the one he is doing now you could have know what he want.

I'm just praying for oluwa to pick my call so that I will settle a good business for my parents cos I know what my parents needs and want. They really need less stressful business at their age.

My daddy likes and knows wrapper business so my plan is to get a very big shop for both of them divide it into two half for that wrapper while the order half for mom's own like all this take away plates, plastic plates and co.. Is very lucrative business because every food vendors is using take away and plastic plates.

God bless you for wanting to do this for them.
Re: Work Advice Needed For My Parent. by Artzdanielsz(m): 11:45am On Oct 15, 2021
Q: What goes up and never comes down?
A: My age!

Happy super birthday to me
Re: Work Advice Needed For My Parent. by Abeynel15: 11:45am On Oct 15, 2021
dyera:
There is no need to establish any business for them. According to my brother Righteous2, the world will be coming to an end any moment from now. So advice your parent to sit at home and prepare for the rapture.

Lol
Re: Work Advice Needed For My Parent. by Seankhalifa: 11:48am On Oct 15, 2021
U be better pinkin.. some people own na to carry gal go hotel dem sabi grin
Re: Work Advice Needed For My Parent. by Skillsnigeria: 11:49am On Oct 15, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Work Advice Needed For My Parent. by Nobody: 11:52am On Oct 15, 2021
Its good you think so much of your parents. Pls have you considered establishing a building material or cement depot.. This items dont get expired.. You have to also consider your location too.
Re: Work Advice Needed For My Parent. by themanderon: 12:02pm On Oct 15, 2021
A student doing all these stuffs? I just hope the source of your funds is genuine cos if not there will be hell to pay.

2 Likes

Re: Work Advice Needed For My Parent. by ailenmen: 12:04pm On Oct 15, 2021
My own view, just give them money to add to what they have been doing and used to,cos they are already used to it and understand it. Cople woth d rents they will collect from d mini flats .if u give them new ideal ,it might take time before they master it.
Re: Work Advice Needed For My Parent. by uvie66: 12:08pm On Oct 15, 2021
bayo2018:

haha Nop oo lols
I just completed a 5 section of Mini flat fully furnished for them so they can be collecting funds from it and use it for anything they want and also a 3 bedroom where they will be staying though dad doesn’t know about this yet. I just want a business I can set up for them since they like going to work. I remember vividly dropping 100k at home some months ago telling them they should not go to work and stay at home for a month and take good rest. only for my jnr sister to call me after I don go back to sch say popsy don start work back oo I just weak that day lols.
Come which work you dey do self....as you talk say you still dey school.

1 Like

Re: Work Advice Needed For My Parent. by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 12:16pm On Oct 15, 2021
Op, I’m more concerned about your source of income because if you are into fraudulent activities and you think taking care of your parents would evade your punishment then you must be dreaming! I really hope you are a legit hustler.

But if you are legit, the house you built for your parents should have a shop space for your mum, so she could sell products that would require her being supplied to instead of stressing herself shopping for what to sell etc or you could survey your environment to see what sells most.

As per your dad, he could also sell spare parts etc since he is into cars maintenance.

2 Likes

Re: Work Advice Needed For My Parent. by Purityyy240: 12:22pm On Oct 15, 2021
bayo2018:
Good day nairalanders

I wanna seek advise on behalf of my parent. My dad is a road side mechanic while Mum is a petty trader. Dad is 55yrs while Mum is 52yrs. I wanna ask what type of Business can I set up for my parent based on the Economy growth of the country.
I plan setting up a mini mart for my mum earlier buy after asking my sister about it she said it’s not a good business in terms of profitability.
Kindly help to suggest what type of Business I can set up for both of them so I can start working on it.
What does your mum sell?
Re: Work Advice Needed For My Parent. by shantti(m): 12:30pm On Oct 15, 2021
Teach them web design. Imagine your mum in front of a computer designing website, it will be funny sha
Re: Work Advice Needed For My Parent. by Solatium(m): 12:34pm On Oct 15, 2021
bayo2018:
Good day nairalanders

I wanna seek advise on behalf of my parent. My dad is a road side mechanic while Mum is a petty trader. Dad is 55yrs while Mum is 52yrs. I wanna ask what type of Business can I set up for my parent based on the Economy growth of the country.
I plan setting up a mini mart for my mum earlier buy after asking my sister about it she said it’s not a good business in terms of profitability.
Kindly help to suggest what type of Business I can set up for both of them so I can start working on it.

Mini Mart is highly lucrative,it only depends on who manages it,neglect the advice of your sister and go ahead and set it for her.

As for your Dad,since he has the skill already and still have age on his side,a proper mechanic garage won't be a bad idea, don't let him go outside of what ha has been doing
Re: Work Advice Needed For My Parent. by SavageResponse(m): 12:36pm On Oct 15, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Mennnnnnnn,get your dad a keke and let the man hustle.. That's the surest lucrative business right now..As for your momsy,I don't know.. Perhaps let others come in and help out..

Everyone must not ride keke, besides the man is rather advanced in age to still be spending so much time in the sun hustling for passengers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Work Advice Needed For My Parent. by Imustnottalk: 12:37pm On Oct 15, 2021
themanderon:
A student doing all these stuffs? I just hope the source of your funds is genuine cos if not there will be hell to pay.
whether illegal or legal his source of income is none of your biz
Re: Work Advice Needed For My Parent. by themanderon: 12:43pm On Oct 15, 2021
Imustnottalk:
whether illegal or legal his source of income is none of your biz

By this statement of yours, I have detected the type of person you are.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Work Advice Needed For My Parent. by Alabaintprice(m): 12:47pm On Oct 15, 2021
I guess a mini depot of soft drinks for your mum
Spare parts for your dad since he knows much on auto repairs
Re: Work Advice Needed For My Parent. by Imustnottalk: 12:50pm On Oct 15, 2021
themanderon:

By this statement of yours, I have detected the type of person you are.
why you dey waste your talent you for join police nah since you Sabi detect
Re: Work Advice Needed For My Parent. by A305: 12:52pm On Oct 15, 2021
bayo2018:
Good day nairalanders

Rent a small shop for your mom to sell soup ingredients and vegetables NOT mini mart.

Then for pops, Buy him a Van/Bus for hiring contracts with people who intend to haul their goods.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Can One Stop A Loved One's Drug Addiction? / The Origin: History Of Yahoo Boys / Akwa Ibom Govt. Sets Up Family Court To Tackle Alleged Child Witchcraft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.