Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,833 members, 7,806,337 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:00 PM

Work Advice Needed For My Parent. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Work Advice Needed For My Parent. (13036 Views)

My Parent Is Having Too Much Sex...help! / Should I Move Out Of My Parent's House / My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Work Advice Needed For My Parent. by A305: 12:54pm On Oct 15, 2021
Makib2020:
Open a cement business for them both to manage
No profit in cement except he deals in large volume.

1 Like

Re: Work Advice Needed For My Parent. by Ladycewhy(f): 12:56pm On Oct 15, 2021
Op whatever you decide don't open anything that resembles a restaurant ,na stress go kill dem for you.

Cement or drinks mini depot,
Tailoring materials shop
Provision store
Generator parts store.

Note even if they have no first hand knowledge,they can undergo sort of a trianiu with someone for some months for market study.
Re: Work Advice Needed For My Parent. by MrJonny(m): 1:01pm On Oct 15, 2021
I believe you wish to make them comfortable and relaxed for the rest of life.
Ask them what they want to do and set it up for them as in.. package the business, add a pinch of tech or systems here and there.
Humans are only happy when they do the things they love
bayo2018:
Good day nairalanders

I wanna seek advise on behalf of my parent. My dad is a road side mechanic while Mum is a petty trader. Dad is 55yrs while Mum is 52yrs. I wanna ask what type of Business can I set up for my parent based on the Economy growth of the country.
I plan setting up a mini mart for my mum earlier buy after asking my sister about it she said it’s not a good business in terms of profitability.
Kindly help to suggest what type of Business I can set up for both of them so I can start working on it.
Re: Work Advice Needed For My Parent. by Seun4blue(m): 1:02pm On Oct 15, 2021
invest into that family business. make it more lucrative. upgrade your their various shops and tools for more comfort. go and do visibility study and know if it will make returns whenever they go to supervise
Re: Work Advice Needed For My Parent. by R0LL0N(m): 1:02pm On Oct 15, 2021
Coldie:
You just dae find talk your Dad is a mechanic and your mom a petty trader.

Just give your Dad that money to grow his business and same with your mom give her the money to buy more provisions for her shop it’s that easy wetin u want hear again
Giving them money to grow business doesn't really work in this era. If you have intention of giving them food money monthly that won't impact them touching their capital then it is advisable.
Re: Work Advice Needed For My Parent. by Gunboysavage(m): 1:06pm On Oct 15, 2021
I've been trying to reach you for a very long time but this isn't your real nairaland account.. pls,
send me a mail boss whenever you see this comment.
bayo2018:
Good day nairalanders

I wanna seek advise on behalf of my parent. My dad is a road side mechanic while Mum is a petty trader. Dad is 55yrs while Mum is 52yrs. I wanna ask what type of Business can I set up for my parent based on the Economy growth of the country.
I plan setting up a mini mart for my mum earlier buy after asking my sister about it she said it’s not a good business in terms of profitability.
Kindly help to suggest what type of Business I can set up for both of them so I can start working on it.
Re: Work Advice Needed For My Parent. by RichyRoma: 1:06pm On Oct 15, 2021
I suggest you open up a motor parts business for your dad while you mum goes into foodstuff business
Re: Work Advice Needed For My Parent. by themanderon: 1:11pm On Oct 15, 2021
Imustnottalk:
why you dey waste your talent you for join police nah since you Sabi detect

Young man If you are into that dirty game come out of it for your own good. You are mortgaging your future glory for present pleasures. It would all end in tears, premium mighty tears.

1 Like

Re: Work Advice Needed For My Parent. by Makaveli217(m): 2:26pm On Oct 15, 2021
seunny4lif:
Restaurant business for both of them.
Dad doing account while mum serves cool
Foods sellers will always make money
Or
if na Lagos state, then open Borehole water for them.
Or
Open cement store for your dad while your mum do her restaurant thing

Cement store for a man of 55yrs
Re: Work Advice Needed For My Parent. by Makaveli217(m): 2:30pm On Oct 15, 2021
Poultry & Animal Husbandry might be the best for them, since it will keep them engaged plus the profit from it.
Re: Work Advice Needed For My Parent. by Kenoxman(m): 2:40pm On Oct 15, 2021
bayo2018:
Good day nairalanders

Dad-motor/motorcycle spare parts,(depending on the one he is into as a mechanic) Mom- foodstuff biz.
Re: Work Advice Needed For My Parent. by seunny4lif(m): 3:03pm On Oct 15, 2021
Makaveli217:

Cement store for a man of 55yrs
Why not?
No be the dad wan dey carry cement ooo grin
He will just be doing accounting
Re: Work Advice Needed For My Parent. by Makaveli217(m): 3:15pm On Oct 15, 2021
seunny4lif:

Why not?
No be the dad wan dey carry cement ooo grin
He will just be doing accounting
I know, even if he's talking care of the accounting, I'm more concerned about he's health, because he'll be present always, and those chemicals he'll inhale will be bad for him.
Re: Work Advice Needed For My Parent. by Lekan111(m): 3:19pm On Oct 15, 2021
Goodyness:
Your parents are relatively young, not up to official retirement age. Why not set up a proper mechanical workshop for your dad and a wholesale drinks (fizzy drinks- Coca Cola/Pepsi/biggie, juice and water) dealership for your mom if you have the money.
Please, how much will this cost
Re: Work Advice Needed For My Parent. by Lekan111(m): 3:20pm On Oct 15, 2021
trevorhorace:

Depending on cash available. You can set up a drinks Depot for them to both manage.
please can give an estimate of this
Re: Work Advice Needed For My Parent. by reealec(m): 3:24pm On Oct 15, 2021
Klington:

"Interstate" in this hostile and chaotic situation Nigeria is right now.
She just need meet the right people and there's a group for this you don't just start like that you need register so it's very much safe
Re: Work Advice Needed For My Parent. by Flash68: 3:25pm On Oct 15, 2021
[quote author=bayo2018 post=106748341]Good day nairalanders

Kindly help to suggest what type of Business I can set up for both of them so I can start working on it. Expand mumsy business and for ur dad ask him what he would like
Re: Work Advice Needed For My Parent. by JIREN01: 4:28pm On Oct 15, 2021
bayo2018:
Good day nairalanders

Ask them yourself. They're adults and should know what they have a flair for and can manage.
Re: Work Advice Needed For My Parent. by lereinter(m): 4:30pm On Oct 15, 2021
bayo2018:

haha Nop oo lols
I just completed a 5 section of Mini flat fully furnished for them so they can be collecting funds from it and use it for anything they want and also a 3 bedroom where they will be staying though dad doesn’t know about this yet. I just want a business I can set up for them since they like going to work. I remember vividly dropping 100k at home some months ago telling them they should not go to work and stay at home for a month and take good rest. only for my jnr sister to call me after I don go back to sch say popsy don start work back oo I just weak that day lols.

They are supposed to be retiring, what you have built is good

Make shop dey front of the house for your mother

No need of business set up again
Re: Work Advice Needed For My Parent. by neps17: 4:54pm On Oct 15, 2021
Good evening...pls how can I join the group because I am interested in this interstate food business...
quote author=reealec post=106761544]
She just need meet the right people and there's a group for this you don't just start like that you need register so it's very much safe[/quote]
Re: Work Advice Needed For My Parent. by Gfh1: 5:04pm On Oct 15, 2021
Really
Re: Work Advice Needed For My Parent. by seunny4lif(m): 5:19pm On Oct 15, 2021
Well, you are right on that one sha cool
But a lot of people that are into cement businesses are age people
Makaveli217:

I know, even if he's talking care of the accounting, I'm more concerned about he's health, because he'll be present always, and those chemicals he'll inhale will be bad for him.
Re: Work Advice Needed For My Parent. by Freethinker87: 6:55pm On Oct 15, 2021
Op don't make the same mistake that I made. I started new businesses for my parents and ended up losing millions. I learnt a painful lesson through that experience.

My advice: DON'T DO IT

As much as we don't like the kind of petty business or manual labor our parents do due to our newly found status. We have to understand that many of them don't possess the necessary skills to run a business. My mum in particular just don't see the value of all that wealth if it's not being shared. When I opened that supermarket for her, she was happy, dedicated and very hardworking. She made sales and grew the business until she started giving away money to her sisters, friends and even lending money to the "meeting women" until the business collapsed. When I questioned her rational for giving away het business capital like that, she said "What will she be doing with all that money if she can't help her sisters?". So as you can see, she doesn't need all that money to live happily with her husband.

My dad on the other hand, I didn't open a business for him. I handed him a substantial amount of money to start any business he wants. Let's just say he ended up investing millions in a petty business. You can imagine how that ended.

Millions down the drain, parents back to their petty businesses, I stopped and watched.

I realize that they are much happier running their petty business than they were running the multi-million naira business.

There is a better way to invest in your parents. Don't stop what they do, they've developed friendships, relationships and valuable customers around that business. Don't take their life's work away because you feel embarrassed by what they do. I've been there and I've done that, It doesn't end well.

You're a good son so let me tell you what I did. I setup a trust for them (Your bank can help you set this up). This trust will invest the trust fund on fixed income assets like treasury bills, Government bond, corporate bonds and other risk free assets and the interest will be paid to your parents on a monthly bases. The bank will charge a little commission as management fee while your parents get monthly stipend to supplement their income.

I've noticed now that my mum looks more relaxed and my dad is growing younger despite still doing his manual labour. The only problem my mum has now is that the fence of the new house is too tall, she's feeling like a prisoner. She wants to be seeing her neighbors and passers-by.

They now travel to the village more often, I guess that's their own way of taking breaks and vacationing.

I wish you well.

1 Like

Re: Work Advice Needed For My Parent. by houseontherock: 7:29pm On Oct 15, 2021
Cement business may be lucrative but health hazard from inhaling the cement? I say a big NO to restaurant, it'll wear your mama out withn a short period.

Drinks, whole sale and retail for your mum- Nigerians are addicted to carbonated drinks

If your dad is still interested, he can upgrade his mechanic business, but he has to be on ground or his boys will be selling car parts and be putting him in trouble. You can also seek his opinion... he's a man
Re: Work Advice Needed For My Parent. by Mthumbie: 7:57pm On Oct 15, 2021
Why not set up an accessories store for your mom. You can specialize in the sales of Oraimo products like the lastest Freepod 3. You can make enquiry here http:ng.oraimo.com
Re: Work Advice Needed For My Parent. by Truvelisback(m): 8:06pm On Oct 15, 2021
bayo2018:
Good day nairalanders

Help ur father with so that he will be selling motor spare parts, since he is a mechanic. Help ur mum with provisions store.
Re: Work Advice Needed For My Parent. by Wealthoptulent(m): 8:42pm On Oct 15, 2021
bayo2018:
Good day nairalanders

Why don't u invest in there early days job.. your dad road side mechanic, why not turn him to MODERN WORKSHOP WITH TECHNOLOGY EQUIPMENT OWNER, since he has idea n experiences. Same way goes for your mama modernize her hustle
Re: Work Advice Needed For My Parent. by Makaveli217(m): 9:46pm On Oct 15, 2021
seunny4lif:
Well, you are right on that one sha cool
But a lot of people that are into cement businesses are age people
Yes, but it all boils down to the type of business his parents want, the capital available, and the location where the business will be situated.
Re: Work Advice Needed For My Parent. by Sambab(m): 10:58pm On Oct 15, 2021
Set up a good mini Mart, with food stuffs inclusive of Frozen foods for both of them.
Make it a one shopping shop...
Re: Work Advice Needed For My Parent. by seunny4lif(m): 11:17pm On Oct 15, 2021
Makaveli217:

Yes, but it all boils down to the type of business his parents want, the capital available, and the location where the business will be situated.
Na money be the main thing
If capital dey then no problem
Re: Work Advice Needed For My Parent. by Makaveli217(m): 11:29pm On Oct 15, 2021
seunny4lif:

Na money be the main thing
If capital dey then no problem
For sure.
Re: Work Advice Needed For My Parent. by landproglobal: 12:36am On Oct 16, 2021
bayo2018:
Good day nairalanders

Since your popsy is a road side meco. Get him a very nice location (probably a busy petroleum station lube) and equip him with modern technology equipment to carry on his mechanics work.

As for moms whatever business she’s doing now invest in same trade more for her.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Palm Kernel Oil And Coconut Oil. ( Adin Eyan Ati Adin Agbon) Available Here! / Akwa Ibom Govt. Sets Up Family Court To Tackle Alleged Child Witchcraft / Do Babies Need Drugs Before They Start Teething? Mothers Pls Help!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.