Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,627 members, 7,801,813 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:06 AM

My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled - Properties (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled (39191 Views)

Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment / How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) / Please Help. My Apartment Is Being Haunted By A Ghost. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 6:01am On Oct 16, 2021
thesicilian:

I was going to give you a lengthy reply, then I saw your moniker.
You can keep your foolish lengthy reply to yourself. A tenant defaults, you give him a quit notice. If he persists, the court will give him a final notice, if he fails to pay, the court will pack his property and make him regret failing to pay his rent. Any fool that continues to do what the landlord did will someday jam a wicked tenant that will scree him badly.
Re: My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled by bigcasava1(m): 6:05am On Oct 16, 2021
thesicilian:
I don't know if the law is on your side, but the fact is that you owe him money and if you really wanted to pay, you could have done that from anywhere in the world. 8months rent in this hard economy is not a joke.
thank you.

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled by Daboomb: 6:35am On Oct 16, 2021
Simeony007:
Congratulations!!! Bros, You don blow ooo

Just find correct Lawyer grin grin grin

Something of such happened in Lagos here 9 years ago, the tenant rented an half plot, I don't really know how much he pays then for the rent, but he wasn't paying very well. He was owing the landlord a year rent.

He built a restaurant and bar on the land.

One day, Landlord got angry and arranged boys to destroy the man's shop. They destroy the walls without going inside not touching anything. The man told me this himself because I was going to rent part of the the land for my viewing center business that I wanted to open at the area then.

He reported the case to the police and got himself a lawyer because he was educated and an Ebo man. He took pictures for evidence and told the Judge that he left 5 million naira in his bar, his lawyer asked him to say that.

They charged the man to court and he explained what led to his actions but the Judge punished him by asking him to pay 8 million for damages or he can forget the land, and it belongs to the tenant until otherwise.

The man begged his tenant but he refused and got stroke. So, his children went to the man to beg and he asked them to go and bring 3 million and he will drop the case. Till today, the tenant has been using the land as he likes and renting it to other tenants like he owns it. The owner is late now so and the children never see 3m.

This happens at Aguda Ogba Lagos.

Congrats again grin grin grin grin

I've always wonder why some people are so unlucky in Life? Did they offend God or is God Unjust?
Never, God is a Just God, He is always Just.

- One man's only Son, got crushed by a Car, when the boy went to collect his Matriculation Gown at the University!

- A Man was preparing for his House warming but in the process of cooking the Food guest will eat, Gas Cylinder exploded, killed so many people, including the Wife and the two children of the celebrant and New House got burnt down in the ensuing Fire!

- Man has been Unemployed for so many years but h finally secured a Job in Jan 2020, only for the Company to wind down two weeks after, due to the effect of Corona Virus! he is still unemployed till today.

- Woman got married very late at 402yrs, after many, many years of prayers. Luckily, she took in immediately and gave birth to a baby but on their way Home from Hospital, Husband who has been celebrating with more than a few Drinks since birth of his baby, three days ago, drove their SUV into a parked Trailer, Husband died and New baby died. Woman is single again!

Why are some people so Unlucky?
Well, the answer is in your Post above.

Those who revel in Wickedness will themselves reap it where and when they least expected it.

Tell that your "Ebo Man" that the day he would reap his reward, shaken properly, pressed down and still over-flowing, we wont be there to pity him but his Conscience would remind him of his Evil deeds.

Please keep it up.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled by Daboomb: 6:45am On Oct 16, 2021
wirinet:

7 days quit notice is only applicable to monthly tenants. Tenants that pay yearly are entitled to 6 months notice.

False and defeatest mindset. I have taken my landlord to court before and won even when the police were acting funny.

I took the police itself to court about 4 months ago for illegally siezing my car (it was involved in an accident) and I won, and got my car back.

Stop giving IGNORANT ADVICE here!

Lease tenants, whether Yearly Lease or Ten Years Lease, also attract 7days Notice of Owner's intention to Apply to for Recovery Property/Take possesion, after Lease has expired by Effluxion of Time.

So, it is not correct to say that 7Days Noticr apply to only Monthly tenant.

I just pity all these Muumu landlords who worked hard to Buld their House and then allow one useless Tenant to be riding them.
Greedy landlords should know that it does not serve their interest, to collect Agreement Money but refuse to Execute a Water-Tight Agreement.
That is their greatest Undoing. undecided

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled by bablex01(m): 6:59am On Oct 16, 2021
Plots of land at the heart of Gbagada (Mainland Lagos), THE MAVERICK ESTATE

The Maverick Estate is a contemporary design estate just by the Gbagada - Anthony/Oshodi expressway within well developed area of Gbagada.

It is located to give you quick access to V/I, Lekki while still enjoying your presence on the mainland of Lagos.

Amenities coming up soon in the estate include Recreational Area, Central Power Supply, Central Water System, Network of interlocked roads, Good Drainage System, Streetlights, 24 Hours Security, Gate house etc.

Title: Registered Deed of Judgment, Registered Survey Plan, Governor's Consent In View.

The Maverick Estate Gbagada was crafted to meet the desires of homes seekers and investors.

Don't miss this opportunity.

For enquiries and inspection call/whatsapp
09033202535 wink

Re: My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled by Simeony007(m): 7:29am On Oct 16, 2021
Daboomb:

I've always wonder why some people are so unlucky in Life? Did they offend God or is God Unjust?
Never, God is a Just God, He is always Just.

- One man's only Son, got crushed by a Car, when the boy went to collect his Matriculation Gown at the University!

- A Man was preparing for his House warming but in the process of cooking the Food guest will eat, Gas Cylinder exploded, killed so many people, including the Wife and the two children of the celebrant and New House got burnt down in the ensuing Fire!

- Man has been Unemployed for so many years but h finally secured a Job in Jan 2020, only for the Company to wind down two weeks after, due to the effect of Corona Virus! he is still unemployed till today.

- Woman got married very late at 402yrs, after many, many years of prayers. Luckily, she took in immediately and gave birth to a baby but on their way Home from Hospital, Husband who has been celebrating with more than a few Drinks since birth of his baby, three days ago, drove their SUV into a parked Trailer, Husband died and New baby died. Woman is single again!

Why are some people so Unlucky?
Well, the answer is in your Post above.

Those who revel in Wickedness will themselves reap it where and when they least expected it.

Tell that your "Ebo Man" that the day he would reap his reward, shaken properly, pressed down and still over-flowing, we wont be there to pity him but his Conscience would remind him of his Evil deeds.

Please keep it up.

LOL, sometimes it's not everyone that reap the fruit of their evil in this world. God has plans for everyone regardless of who they are and it might not be of evil. And the reason you agree with me that wicked people live longer on earth than the good ones.

I've heard of a testimony from a man of God that said, there is this wicked man in his village that kills whoever offends him. So, he started praying against him that God should kill him. He said he prayed for days with out answers and he started questioning God.

He said God, appeared to him one day in his dream that if I kill this man who will be taking care of all the widows he's been caring for? He said since that day he never prayed against him again. See, if God does not kill you no matter how much prayer you prayed you're just wasting your time.

Ask yourself, why is Tinubu is still alive with all the evil he had done, not just Tinubu, think about why all wicked people live long, and good ones die young. If God doesn’t say your time's up no matter how much you pray he won't die. And you agree with me you can't question God.
Re: My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled by Nobody: 7:54am On Oct 16, 2021
Simeony007:

Something of such happened in Lagos here 9 years ago, the tenant rented an half plot, I don't really know how much he pays then for the rent, but he wasn't paying very well. He was owing the landlord a year rent.

One day, Landlord got angry and arranged boys to destroy the man's shop. They destroy the walls without going inside not touching anything. The man told me this himself because I was going to rent part of the the land for my viewing center business that I wanted to open at the area then.

He reported the case to the police and got himself a lawyer because he was educated and an Ebo man. He took pictures for evidence and told the Judge that he left 5 million naira in his bar, his lawyer asked him to say that.

They charged the man to court and he explained what led to his actions but the Judge punished him by asking him to pay 8 million for damages or he can forget the land, and it belongs to the tenant until otherwise.

The man begged his tenant but he refused and got stroke. So, his children went to the man to beg and he asked them to go and bring 3 million and he will drop the case. Till today, the tenant has been using the land as he likes and renting it to other tenants like he owns it. The owner is late now so and the children never see 3m.

Congrats again grin grin grin grin
The landlord no be diabolical man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled by musicwriter(m): 7:54am On Oct 16, 2021
Fatalveli:
Do you believe in Jazz

I don't believe in jazz. I know jazz.

When you know something you no longer need belief because you'll be operating with knowledge. Knowledge is power. Ever heard that before? To believe in something is to be ignorant about that. For details, see the science of Jazz https://www.nairaland.com/4892922/message-native-doctors-ritualists-science

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled by bayulll011(m): 7:57am On Oct 16, 2021
Fego50:
Bro the law is definitely on your side, infact what he has done is trespass and you can sue him.

even if you owed him 3 years rent, he ought to do it the legal way, by serving the statutory notices on you and after that, he can then file an action in court for recovery of premises.

It is only the court that has powers to order its officials (bailiffs) to break in your house and move out your properties upon evidence that you have been served the two notice and you refused to pay or move out.

Let us not excuse lawlessness, because of hardship.Get a good lawyer and sue him.

Thank You jaree.

Oh God the levels of ignorance in those Gen Z stink to heaven.@op you just won a lottery get a good lawyer sue him collect damages and use part of it to pay his rent.Though you wrong for not engaging the landlord earlier but make him pay for his lawlessness
Re: My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled by kelly72: 8:02am On Oct 16, 2021
BryanZino:
I know 8 months is a lot but I've stayed there 8 years and never owed and I haven't been able to gather the bulk to pay right now but I don't think he's at liberty to break and enter and select what he can keep for himself

The law is that no landlord has a right to break into your house or forcefully evict you except he has a court judgment.

Even if you owe 5 years, only a court can throw you out and confiscate your belongings until you bring the money to the court and the landlord will go there to collect it. (But I think you are a wicked man sha......anyways, your landlord still commits a crime by doing that).

When the court has given judgment saying you must pay up your arrears of rent and move out on so so date, the landlord must wait till that date. If you (tenant) fail to comply on that date, landlord must come back to court to report and apply for eviction order. The court if satisfied will grant the order and direct the Deputy Sheriff and the Commissioner of police to liaise together and forcefully evict the tenant, give possession back to the landlord and bring many of the tenant's property to the court as seized property. After eviction, rain will then start falling and destroy tenant's remaining load packed outside the gate......don't ask me why it always rains on that day. Then the tenant will later go to the court, pay what he is owing the landlord and carry his bed bug-infested property.

You can see that your landlord has no right to touch anything. His own is just to get a lawyer and go to court.

If you hire me peren, your landlord na prisoner o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled by prophetfire: 8:08am On Oct 16, 2021
BryanZino:
I know 8 months is a lot but I've stayed there 8 years and never owed and I haven't been able to gather the bulk to pay right now but I don't think he's at liberty to break and enter and select what he can keep for himself
. You have a very serious case against the landlord. Don't mind all these fools that don't know how the law works. For him to break into your house, he needed to go to court, get a court process and authorization. And you must be informed. It takes a whole lot of process. He has no right under the law to take such an illegal action. Get a lawyer and file processes against him. You have a good case here.

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled by bayulll011(m): 8:13am On Oct 16, 2021
BeardedMeat:
This is the kind of stupid alibi Americans attorneys and investigators like. They will tear the landlord to shreds. But this is Nigeria.

They will make sure he will pay for the stress and they invested in this case.a win win for all.

But in Nigeria nothing i mean nothing will happen to the landlord for lawlessness
Re: My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled by bayulll011(m): 8:15am On Oct 16, 2021
kelly72:

The law is that no landlord has a right to break into your house or forcefully evict you except he has a court judgment.

Even if you owe 5 years, only a court can throw you out and confiscate your belongings until you bring the money to the court and the landlord will go there to collect it. (But I think you are a wicked man sha......anyways, your landlord still commits a crime by doing that).

When the court has given judgment saying you must pay up your arrears of rent and move out on so so date, the landlord must wait till that date. If you (tenant) fail to comply on that date, landlord must come back to court to report and apply for eviction order. The court if satisfied will grant the order and direct the Deputy Sheriff and the Commissioner of police to liaise together and forcefully evict the tenant, give possession back to the landlord and bring many of the tenant's property to the court as seized property. After eviction, rain will then start falling and destroy tenant's remaining load packed outside the gate......don't ask me why it always rains on that day. Then the tenant will later go to the court, pay what he is owing the landlord and carry his bed bug-infested property.

You can see that your landlord has no right to touch anything. His own is just to get a lawyer and go to court.

If you hire me peren, your landlord na prisoner o

Baba will make cool cash and it will be a detty december all expense paid by the mumu landlord
Re: My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled by cardoctor(m): 8:33am On Oct 16, 2021
Pay your rent and avoid landlord issues.
Re: My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled by tonididdy(m): 8:41am On Oct 16, 2021
BryanZino:
Hello guys, I'm new to posting on this forum so I don't know the best section this post should be.
As I type this, I'm currently sick and there so much anger and pain within, I haven't been able to eat or drink since I got the news from my neighbor who told me that my landlord came to the house with a strange face, broke the locks to my apartment and packed my things out, I sent a relative to confirm and she said everything is outside but he went with my TV set.
I called the landlord to ask what he has done, he blatantly lied telling me I sent my 'brother' to clear my things off the apartment that he has reported me to Police.
Yes, I owe him 8months rent and I've away for 13 months even before the last year rent I paid expired. I told him I'll be back by November and I'll pay once I get in.
Pls even though I owe him, it doesn't feel right stealing my property and throwing the rest in the rain
Pls I'm lost and dire need of legal advice
Edit: while I'm not absolving my self of the guilt that I owe the landlord this long and purely due to loss of job (covid19 problems) and there's no way I go there and get my stuff without paying the backlog. [code][/code] he freaking broke in and kept what he desired for himself and lied he didn't. Haba, this is wrong na
I nor want insult you.
But the landlord is supposed to wait for you till you return b4 you pay 8 months debt?
Because na you get house or wetin? undecided angry

Oga always pay your rent: that is someone's business and means of feeding his family.
Re: My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled by tonididdy(m): 8:44am On Oct 16, 2021
prophetfire:
. You have a very serious case against the landlord. Don't mind all these fools that don't know how the law works. For him to break into your house, he needed to go to court, get a court process and authorization. And you must be informed. It takes a whole lot of process. He has no right under the law to take such an illegal action. Get a lawyer and file processes against him. You have a good case here.

@OP take this advice at your own peril.
Na judge for court go first tear you slap.
You are owing 8months rent, travelled with the landlord property keys and expect to come back when you like.
You are a joker.
Re: My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled by tonididdy(m): 8:46am On Oct 16, 2021
ayofe72:
My brother, deal with him. He has not right to break into your apart. Get a lawyer, sue him. Claim theft of property. Cash out.
They are many mumu here, saying 8 months is long.

I am a landlord, I have tenet that owes me too, but I can't try such.

You are a landlord that has other means of income.
For a landlord that feeds his family through rents, he will do worse than this .
The tenant should go to court, you thinks it's a free, easy process grin
Shame go even catch the tenant.
Re: My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled by Codes151(m): 9:13am On Oct 16, 2021
drealcivilceno:

Ooh!

You never see three years (2.1 mill), idiot got small money, started packing his load in bits until moved completely.

Things never jam people before, people wey never buy one bag of sand in their life, wan dey take Landlord to court!

Hmm.
them wicked.
I learnt my lesson with one corper. 2 years and some months.
Useless wicked ppl

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled by basadenet: 9:23am On Oct 16, 2021
Owing 8 months rent is the height and moreso you locked the apartment for 13 months also an act of wickedness. Suposing you did it to punish the landlord. Suppose you are the one that send those people to come and park your properties to put the landlord in trouble or to abscond with the rent. To me, you deserve what you get and am afraid no law can assist you in the circumstances.
Re: My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled by thesicilian: 9:32am On Oct 16, 2021
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

You can keep your foolish lengthy reply to yourself. A tenant defaults, you give him a quit notice. If he persists, the court will give him a final notice, if he fails to pay, the court will pack his property and make him regret failing to pay his rent. Any fool that continues to do what the landlord did will someday jam a wicked tenant that will scree him badly.

ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

Ignoramus grin has nothing to say. Continue behaving like a tour, you go soon build house for your tenant.

Like I said, your moniker says it all
Re: My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled by Solatium(m): 9:58am On Oct 16, 2021
wirinet:

So what? I have been owed for over one year in my course of budiness, I did not resort to violence. Property rentage is a business and should be treated as one.

That's your own excuse. The landlord denied entering the tenants apartment and insisted the tenants load was taken by his brother.

The landlord did not beat him to any game. The OP is probably too timid or too broke to take on the landlord. Any landlord that tries this with someone a stubborn tenant would pay a huge price.

He who goes to justice must come with a clean hand,if you want to deal with people in a legal way,you must also comply to the same legal law.
As far as i am concern the landlord still act within a reasonable sense.
Blabbing is not enough you can foot the bill of the OP's legal actions.
Re: My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled by wisemum: 9:58am On Oct 16, 2021
Wicked tenant. He can never prosper on that land. The landlord had stroke and died? And he took over the land when he knew he wasn't paying well? Vengeance belongs to the Lord. He may think he has revenged the landlord, but real revenge is in the hands of God. We wait to see what his generations will become. Very wicked tenant. This is not blowing o. The tenant is guilty.
My advice is to go and meet your landlord with his rent money. Discuss with him to promise to return all your property if you pay his rent and move out.
That settles the matter. Pay what you owe and he will return what belongs to you. Everyone goes home happy.

Congrats again grin grin grin grin[/quote]
Re: My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 10:49am On Oct 16, 2021
thesicilian:

Like I said, your moniker says it all
Ignoramus grin has nothing to say. Continue behaving like a tour, you go soon build house for your tenant.
Re: My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled by Nobody: 11:02am On Oct 16, 2021
Tenants like you are very deceitful, cunning, and lack conscience. You locked his house for over a year and haven't paid him any rent for 8-months. Is that right to you? If the tables were turned, would you accept such? He has been patient long enough waiting for 8-months, so I don't blame him at all for packing your things out and keeping the TV (obviously a collateral so you can pay him his money).

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled by wirinet(m): 11:54am On Oct 16, 2021
Daboomb:

Stop giving IGNORANT ADVICE here!

Lease tenants, whether Yearly Lease or Ten Years Lease, also attract 7days Notice of Owner's intention to Apply to for Recovery Property/Take possesion, after Lease has expired by Effluxion of Time.

So, it is not correct to say that 7Days Noticr apply to only Monthly tenant.

I just pity all these Muumu landlords who worked hard to Buld their House and then allow one useless Tenant to be riding them.
Greedy landlords should know that it does not serve their interest, to collect Agreement Money but refuse to Execute a Water-Tight Agreement.
That is their greatest Undoing. undecided

Such ignorance. It seems you have never been to court to witness a tenancy case between landlord and tenant.
A landlord's notice of intention to recover his property is not a right to forcefully evict a tenant. It is as it fully describes, an intention to commence legal proceedings to recover his property. It is still the courts that would determine team recovery of your property. The length of the notice to commence recovery proceeding depends on the length of the tenancy according to the Lagos Tenancy Law passed in 2011.

Unless the recovery of property is specifically stated in the tenancy agreement, the law applicable is the Lagos Tenancy Law. Even at that the landlord cannot evict the tenant without a valid court order.

Educate yourself better here - https://laws.lawnigeria.com/2020/04/22/tenancy-law-of-lagos-state/

Re: My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled by wirinet(m): 11:58am On Oct 16, 2021
Solatium:

He who goes to justice must come with a clean hand,if you want to deal with people in a legal way,you must also comply to the same legal law.
As far as i am concern the landlord still act within a reasonable sense.
Blabbing is not enough you can foot the bill of the OP's legal actions.

The landlord acted within a reasonable sense - morally and emotionally. But legally he committed a crime. If he tried that with a rich or connected person, he could lose a lot more than the rent value.
Re: My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled by naijainstinct: 2:28pm On Oct 16, 2021
Darkmode64:

Whoa are you a lawyer or something? Learnt a lot from this.
I am not a lawyer bro. I just have strong interest in law.

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled by prophetfire: 3:41pm On Oct 16, 2021
tonididdy:

@OP take this advice at your own peril.
Na judge for court go first tear you slap.
You are owing 8months rent, travelled with the landlord property keys and expect to come back when you like.
You are a joker.
. We are talking law here. Not emotions and sentiments. Your even joking about judge slapping him shows you are too dumb and ignorant about legal issues. If you suddenly come home and see another man on top of your wife in your own house, go ahead and kill him. Then you would know if you would get convicted or not. It's not about emotions, it's about legal process. The landlord have no right whatsoever under the law to break into a tenants house without court papers authorizing him. Even the police don't have such powers without a valid warrant. O.p meet a lawyer and press charges. If someone is oweing you, you follow legal process to get back your money. Not beating him or breaking into his house or arresting him with police. Go to court, court will now order his arrest if he refused summons. STOP TAKING LAWS INTO YOUR HANDS LEST YOU GET JAILED FOR SOMETHING THAT SHOULD HAVE GONE YOUR WAY.

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled by Solatium(m): 5:15pm On Oct 16, 2021
wirinet:

The landlord acted within a reasonable sense - morally and emotionally. But legally he committed a crime. If he tried that with a rich or connected person, he could lose a lot more than the rent value.

A rich and connected Person won't owe you an 8 months rents,locks hop and go AWOL.

A rich and connected person would be dealing with a corporate entity (Estate valuer)thereby a legal agreement would have been in place which is binding on all parties

If the OP thinks his rights have been bridge at a time or the other he should approach the rent tribunal,that won't cost a harm and leg
Re: My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled by wirinet(m): 5:36pm On Oct 16, 2021
Solatium:

A rich and connected Person won't owe you an 8 months rents,locks hop and go AWOL.

A rich and connected person would be dealing with a corporate entity (Estate valuer)thereby a legal agreement would have been in place which is binding on all parties

You above post betray your ignorance on how rich men conduct business. It seems you have never done business or you have never gone beyond petty business.
I have over 20 years exoerience of running my own businesses, and I can tell you that from exoerience it is the very rich and wealthy that owes the most. In fact very wealthy and powerful people pay their workers very poor. If I tell you the calibre of people that owed me as little as N300,000 for up to a year before I got my money, you will not believe it. It was the main reason I had to close down my construction company I was running.

If the OP thinks his rights have been bridge at a time or the other he should approach the rent tribunal,that won't cost a harm and leg
This is not a civil case for a rent tribunal but a criminal case of illegal entry and burglary. Taking someone's property without permission or court order is theft.
Re: My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled by Solatium(m): 6:21pm On Oct 16, 2021
wirinet:

You above post betray your ignorance on how rich men conduct business. It seems you have never done business or you have never gone beyond petty business.
I have over 20 years exoerience of running my own businesses, and I can tell you that from exoerience it is the very rich and wealthy that owes the most. In fact very wealthy and powerful people pay their workers very poor. If I tell you the calibre of people that owed me as little as N300,000 for up to a year before I got my money, you will not believe it. It was the main reason I had to close down my construction company I was running.

This is not a civil case for a rent tribunal but a criminal case of illegal entry and burglary. Taking someone's property without permission or court order is theft.

Did you had a written contract with those who you undertake a job for and ended up owing you for more than one month at the delivery point?

The Problem with you guys is that you always think you are at their Mercy,a rich man is not stupid,if he knows that you are well structured the chances of deliberately owing you for that long is very very slim,i have undertake jobs for cooperate entities and the longest they owe me is 2 weeks after delivery,the worse experience i had was with a state agency whose head held all contractor's money for over 3 months and that was the last job i undertook with them before i withdrew my services.

I don't care who you are,i will not come to you seeking a favor neither will i look to get things through the backdoor.
Once those conditions are not there you no go wan try am now
Re: My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled by wirinet(m): 8:06pm On Oct 16, 2021
Solatium:

[b]Did you had a written contract with those who you undertake a job for and ended up owing you for more than one month at the delivery point?
You cannot undertake construction job without an agreed quotation and payment terms, all signed.

The Problem with you guys is that you always think you are at their Mercy,a rich man is not stupid,if he knows that you are well structured the chances of deliberately owing you for that long is very very slim,i have undertake jobs for cooperate entities and the longest they owe me is 2 weeks after delivery,the worse experience i had was with a state agency whose head held all contractor's money for over 3 months and that was the last job i undertook with them before i withdrew my services.
Forget structure, rich and powerful men owes big and structured companies and there is little they can do except long and expensive legal tussles to get their monies. Rich men owe big and structured banks billions of naira and the banks beg to get their money. AMCON was created for banks to recover loans that banks could otherwise not recover.

I don't care who you are,i will not come to you seeking a favor neither will i look to get things through the backdoor.
Once those conditions are not there you no go wan try am now[/b]

A former Group Managing Director of NNPC owed me for job done at his residence and his wife's office. What do you expect me to do? I asked someone he respects to beg him for me. It was the day he was taking his whole family to London on holidays he felt pity for me and paid me my N250,000 owed. Do you want me to tell you about a SAN (Senior Advocate of Nigeria) that owed me for 8 months.

Now, I don't allow people to owe me. I must collect my money 100% before final delivery of any goods or services. This I state in all my contracts. If the clients don't accept it, then it's bye. I cannot go through the stress and humiliation of begging for my money again.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge / Building Collapses At Lagos Island, Lagos State / Frustrated Tenants Print Poster For Their Landlord

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.