Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:08 AM

What Does A Ring Really Mean? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Does A Ring Really Mean? (6856 Views)

This Lady Did All These To Her Man And Still Got A Ring! (photo) / VAL:Those Who Aren't Expecting/Has No Suitor To Give/Wouldn't Be Getting A Ring / What Does He Really Mean When He Says:am Missing You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does A Ring Really Mean? by jagudaman: 1:17pm On Jun 01, 2011
Newlyweds, happily married, “working things out”, or plain confused, describes the status of countless marriages. What is clear however is their status, made known by the big or small wedding ring worn on the respective finger. While a ring may not always be worn by the husband, the wife regularly wears hers. Though when going through serious marital issues and the wife is faced with evaluating her situation-considering whether to stay or leave the marriage, or in the process of going through a divorce, many wives stop wearing their wedding ring.

The sudden transition from wearing a ring to being ring-less is a new adjustment made known to the public. If her decision is to keep it off, she obviously can expect questions, judgment, and investigation. In order to avoid that stress, the transition happens immediately and a new ring-symbolic of nothing, replaces her wedding ring.

http://www.jaguda.com/2011/05/30/the-ring-doesnt-mean-a-thing/
Re: What Does A Ring Really Mean? by MMM2(m): 1:23pm On Jun 01, 2011
just a metal
Re: What Does A Ring Really Mean? by xynerise: 1:25pm On Jun 01, 2011
A ring is nonsense. Its just to fulfil all righteousness. undecided
Re: What Does A Ring Really Mean? by megletters: 1:43pm On Jun 01, 2011
promise rings,engagement rings,wedding rings, anniversary rings are all symbols of a commitment and act as reminders. although u can cheat wit a wedding ring on ur finger, i tell u, d guilt will build up until u take it off.
be advised, rings prick our consciences.
Re: What Does A Ring Really Mean? by BABE3: 1:44pm On Jun 01, 2011
Well, If you mean "romantic" ring; a ring is a symbol of the love between the couple. It has no beginning. It has no end. Bad belle people can't come in at any weak point, because it has no weak point.    smiley
Re: What Does A Ring Really Mean? by rully2: 4:02pm On Jun 01, 2011
It's supposed to mean commitment
Re: What Does A Ring Really Mean? by kokoye(m): 4:43pm On Jun 01, 2011
it is what you think it is.
Re: What Does A Ring Really Mean? by MrsChima(f): 6:35pm On Jun 01, 2011
A ring means different things on different fingers. Whatever your fingers stipulates upon the ring that what it means. cheesy
Re: What Does A Ring Really Mean? by harakiri(m): 6:49pm On Jun 01, 2011
In ancient times, the ring was usually shaped as serpent reaching its tail and hence formed a circle and the circle symbolizes eternity. So in today's marriage, a ring symbolizes eternal bondage to a woman that will drive you crazy and nag you till you either divorce her or die an early death!
Re: What Does A Ring Really Mean? by MrsChima(f): 6:52pm On Jun 01, 2011
Poor baby. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: What Does A Ring Really Mean? by iice(f): 3:40am On Jun 02, 2011
Means whatever you want it to mean. Something, anything, nothing.
Re: What Does A Ring Really Mean? by noblegas2(m): 7:08am On Jun 02, 2011
its just a circle jor!
Re: What Does A Ring Really Mean? by Nobody: 7:08am On Jun 02, 2011
It's just a silly chick fantasy thing.
We guys play along with it for the sake of peace.
Re: What Does A Ring Really Mean? by Seum(f): 12:50pm On Jun 02, 2011
harakiri:

In ancient times, the ring was usually shaped as serpent reaching its tail and hence formed a circle and the circle symbolizes eternity. So in today's marriage, a[b] ring symbolizes eternal bondage to a woman that will drive you crazy and nag you till you either divorce her or die an early death![/b]

hahahaha, this guy, u funny sha!!!
Re: What Does A Ring Really Mean? by DaDoctor: 12:53pm On Jun 02, 2011
IN YORUBA, WE CALL IT 'ORUKA'

A ring in the hand in marriage signifies 'A BOND'

But like you know, 'WHO CARES??', Those skimpy ladies prefer we ringed-ones, So to them it may mean something else.
ALL IN ALL , IT MEANS SO MANY THINGS TO SO MANY SETS.

Am i correct??
Re: What Does A Ring Really Mean? by pinkrex(m): 1:21pm On Jun 02, 2011
A shaped round metal to fit the finger or other parts of the body grin grin grin grin.
Re: What Does A Ring Really Mean? by nethacker(m): 1:36pm On Jun 02, 2011
its jst fashion abeg. Means nothing to me. wit or without it,men may cheat.
its d smallest handcuff dat ladies of nowadays r always crazy abt. grin grin
Re: What Does A Ring Really Mean? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jun 02, 2011
ring - bragging rights - vanity. cheesy
Re: What Does A Ring Really Mean? by OAM4J: 1:46pm On Jun 02, 2011
Actually it is a symbol of eternity/forever

A ring has no beginning and no ending. So it symbolizes a lifetime commitment.
Re: What Does A Ring Really Mean? by 2blunt: 1:54pm On Jun 02, 2011
i dont think i av d marriage ring thing in my bible, wink wink wink wink wink wink
Re: What Does A Ring Really Mean? by omoekoni(m): 2:14pm On Jun 02, 2011
it means "YOU ARE NOW MY PRISONER"
Re: What Does A Ring Really Mean? by seedord247(m): 2:18pm On Jun 02, 2011
It means. . . . . what God has join together let know Mugun put assunder
Re: What Does A Ring Really Mean? by hildaa(f): 2:30pm On Jun 02, 2011
A ring is a token for love and committment
Re: What Does A Ring Really Mean? by sayso: 2:34pm On Jun 02, 2011
no it means no ending.
Re: What Does A Ring Really Mean? by r231(m): 2:40pm On Jun 02, 2011
A wedding ring symbolizes eternity, endlessness, and something that can not be broken. Wedding rings are given as a token of unending love for each other. grin grin
Re: What Does A Ring Really Mean? by yinotinto(f): 2:54pm On Jun 02, 2011
Da Doctor:

IN YORUBA, WE CALL IT 'ORUKA'

A ring in the hand in marriage signifies 'A BOND'

But like you know, 'WHO CARES??',  Those skimpy ladies prefer we ringed-ones, So to them it may mean something else.
ALL IN ALL , IT MEANS SO MANY THINGS TO SO MANY SETS.

Am i correct??

U Just confirmed that u av been cheating on ur wife. may God help u! those skimpy ladies will give u more than u bargained for (TROUBLE)
Re: What Does A Ring Really Mean? by OCCULTIST(m): 3:06pm On Jun 02, 2011
Ring means your afraid and stupid,as you can't brainwash a woman with your mouth thats why you need a Ring to help you out,fortunately this days girls are becoming wiser as they realise there is nothing in a Ring but prefer what comes out of your heart and mouth and how you put them into practice.
Re: What Does A Ring Really Mean? by dubem3(m): 3:12pm On Jun 02, 2011
rings are just symbols, but sometimes i think some of these things are just used to make life more complicated than they make it easy and we pay way too much attention to them.i see them as frivolities. ring or no ring, a married person is married. ring or no ring a cheat will always cheat.
Re: What Does A Ring Really Mean? by lexandra(f): 3:12pm On Jun 02, 2011
Symbol of love between two pple and that you are taken.
Re: What Does A Ring Really Mean? by DBestDoc(f): 3:25pm On Jun 02, 2011
Symbolizes an endless circle dat never corrodes(in d case of gold or silver n other fine metals).Sth without a beginning or an end.Thats what marriage is supposed to be and that's why rings are used in exchange of vows
Re: What Does A Ring Really Mean? by ronkebp(f): 3:49pm On Jun 02, 2011
A ring is a symbol, how do u know someone is married without the ring, ? how many people will you have to explain your status to, especially when the guys or babes are coming at you, the ring tells everyone, i have decided to committ myself to one person only, others !! 'see the ring and back off'.
Re: What Does A Ring Really Mean? by nethacker(m): 3:54pm On Jun 02, 2011
ronkebp:

A ring is a symbol, how do u know someone is married without the ring, ? how many people will you have to explain your status to, especially when the guys or babes are coming at you, the ring tells everyone, i have decided to committ myself to one person only, others !! 'see the ring and back off'.
d bolded does not apply to unilag n OSU babes grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Birthday Gift Can One Give To A Guy / Can A Married Woman Have Sex Outside Marriage If Her Husband Is Weak? / What's Your Biggest Turn Off In A Lady Or Man?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.