Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,784 members, 7,802,434 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:20 PM

Presidency Orders Demolition Of Masts Belonging To Globacom Telco Nationwide - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Presidency Orders Demolition Of Masts Belonging To Globacom Telco Nationwide (4092 Views)

NCAA To Demolish Globacom Masts Nationwide Over ₦5.9 Billion Debts / Governor Yahaya Bello Shuts Down MTN Masts In Lokoja / An Open Letter To Globacom On Behalf Of All Glo Subscribers - Naijatechguy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency Orders Demolition Of Masts Belonging To Globacom Telco Nationwide by Fahdiga(m): 9:13pm On Oct 15, 2021
stevebond007:

What do you expect from a CLUELESS govt?
Just imagine

1 Like

Re: Presidency Orders Demolition Of Masts Belonging To Globacom Telco Nationwide by JosephineM: 9:29pm On Oct 15, 2021
bestofnollywood:

A letter dated October 4, 2021, titled: "Re: Illegal Erection of High Structures and Refusal to Renew Expired Aviation Height Clearance Certificates by Globacom Limited " and addressed to the Managing Director, Globacom, affirmed that following the failure by Globacom to pay the the required fees amounting to N5.9 billion, the regulatory agency had no choice but to commence the dismantling of the its masts across the country.

https://applesbite.com/presidency-orders-demolition-of-masts-belonging-to-globacom-telco-nationwide-over-n5-9bn-height-clearance-2/

What I don't understand from the bolded above is that, is the erection illegal by virtue of where it's placed or it became illegal as soon as they delay to pay for license renewal ?

1 Like

Re: Presidency Orders Demolition Of Masts Belonging To Globacom Telco Nationwide by arthurwillia(m): 10:46pm On Oct 15, 2021
Network wey no good before
Re: Presidency Orders Demolition Of Masts Belonging To Globacom Telco Nationwide by CSTR2: 7:31am On Oct 16, 2021
I don't believe this.

For Nigeria's sake, I don't believe the govt can be this useless.

No, it is not possible.
Re: Presidency Orders Demolition Of Masts Belonging To Globacom Telco Nationwide by juman(m): 8:34am On Oct 16, 2021
The government should so mercy and understanding o.

Glo should pay nah.
Re: Presidency Orders Demolition Of Masts Belonging To Globacom Telco Nationwide by Theunbothered: 9:16am On Oct 16, 2021
Though they are wrong they should only demolish ones near airfields to avoid service disruption and give glo time to treat their stupidity.
Re: Presidency Orders Demolition Of Masts Belonging To Globacom Telco Nationwide by Posotome: 9:28am On Oct 16, 2021
glo, let me just keep quiet,
then go give you data, carry the network, if someone sends you message, it will deliver after two weeks, if you have bank alert, it will deliver after three days, if you go to retrieve your sim, they will say yoi must buy 1000- naira recharge card, and they will be screaming GRANDMASTERS OF data on the tv like say then be GOD,

all the celebrities are their ambassadors, the money that they are using to sponsor ambassadors should be used to improv their network

wetin concern me , i dont even use glo,again

#itiswell!
Re: Presidency Orders Demolition Of Masts Belonging To Globacom Telco Nationwide by Jozzey15: 11:15am On Oct 16, 2021
This is totally unheard of. Is this country a slum? why will the Presidency order such? Means they don't even care.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Orders Demolition Of Masts Belonging To Globacom Telco Nationwide by CourtneyChams: 11:40am On Oct 16, 2021
Height clearance keh?... So is it the best thing to demolish the masts?... This will not produce the owed fee, it will only worsen the matter... Make una dey think abeg
Re: Presidency Orders Demolition Of Masts Belonging To Globacom Telco Nationwide by Teenu00: 12:46pm On Oct 16, 2021
muller101:
Useless country
how solid is the news before insulting ur country.
Re: Presidency Orders Demolition Of Masts Belonging To Globacom Telco Nationwide by Koko111: 1:04pm On Oct 16, 2021
This shouldn't be the next course of action to be taken by the government, as it is too extreme. The negative implications should be considered; such as loss of jobs, business and also the the subscribers of the said telecommunication company, who are also the citizens should be considered. I think the government should review and take an appropriate action.
Re: Presidency Orders Demolition Of Masts Belonging To Globacom Telco Nationwide by TheSeeker16: 1:28pm On Oct 16, 2021
So cos glo didn't pay fees for erecting masts you want to start demolishing it, there by cutting people off from their loved ones, having businesses close down, having people lose jobs ?
I feel say na ment sha
Re: Presidency Orders Demolition Of Masts Belonging To Globacom Telco Nationwide by Enieeleo: 1:37pm On Oct 16, 2021
Ah!!
We cannot afford another massive loss of jobs o..
Federal Government and the NCAA should think about this ...
There are other ways to resolve this matter
Re: Presidency Orders Demolition Of Masts Belonging To Globacom Telco Nationwide by ITbomb(m): 1:52pm On Oct 16, 2021
Why you not power down the mast and hand over to AMCOM to manage or sell to another company
Re: Presidency Orders Demolition Of Masts Belonging To Globacom Telco Nationwide by Mohbola(f): 2:44pm On Oct 16, 2021
Is demolition the solution? Stupid people
Re: Presidency Orders Demolition Of Masts Belonging To Globacom Telco Nationwide by TheControversy: 4:42pm On Oct 16, 2021
What kind of stupid fake news is this? What business does NCAA have with telecommunications?!

Edit: The story appears to be true.
http://saharareporters.com/2021/10/15/documents-nigerian-aviation-authority-set-demolish-globacom-masts-nationwide-over
Re: Presidency Orders Demolition Of Masts Belonging To Globacom Telco Nationwide by muller101(m): 7:11pm On Oct 16, 2021
Teenu00:
how solid is the news before insulting ur country.
Is the country not useless? Be honest
Re: Presidency Orders Demolition Of Masts Belonging To Globacom Telco Nationwide by lionphil(m): 8:33pm On Oct 16, 2021
McStoic:

Na wa ooo..they should kill this "fly perched on the scrotum" carefully oo before the unintended consequences swallows up the intended consequences. It's easier to destroy than to rebuild. Globacom is the only true indigenous Telco in the nation. Why destroy it?! Let's not forget that Globacom made it possible for us to have breakthrough from the exploitative monopoly of MTN. They should please find a way to settle this issue. Charity begins at home

Which home? Nigeria is home to the fulanis alone... know this and know peace!

1 Like

Re: Presidency Orders Demolition Of Masts Belonging To Globacom Telco Nationwide by Ikelextech(m): 10:58pm On Oct 16, 2021
NCAA is not doing right thing at all, millions of jobs will be lost, millions of subscribers stranded.. this is really bad ... We would get through this..

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Thread closed by op / Check Out The First Truly Nigerian E-mail Address / How I Solved "Screen Overlay Detected" On My Android Device

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.