Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,414 members, 7,808,473 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:30 PM

My Dog Hardly Bark In The Night. - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / My Dog Hardly Bark In The Night. (870 Views)

My Dog Hardly Barks / My 7 Months Old GSD Doesn’t Bark. Is This Normal? / Help! See The Funny State Of My Dog's Ear (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Dog Hardly Bark In The Night. by Nobody: 2:10am On Oct 16, 2021
I don’t know why people hardly comment on my post, probably because my account is 5 months old or something, but truth is I’ve been a naira lander for years, I lost my other account because i had issue with my mail address so I opened another one.
I will appreciate it if anyone helps me out.
This dog I’m talking about is a year plus now she is very active during the day time but at night, I will hardly hear her bark, my neighbors Caucasian and Rottweiler bark at any passerby at night but my Gsd will never bark.
I don’t know if I should be worried, she doesn’t have a kennel all her life and hardly do we chain her because it’s just our house.
She doesn’t let anyone come near our gate during the day time, and at night she is little or no active.
My friend one time told me that each time we leave her alone (probably go to church) that our dog will not bark as to the way it does when we are home.
I don’t know if I can correct it now, yesterday night I put her on her lease around 10pm she began to bark at passerby (note is an estate) but my sister had to release her because the dog is pregnant.
I can’t have a dog that is not active at night.
If I can still correct it I will be glad to get help from you guys.
Re: My Dog Hardly Bark In The Night. by Baawaa(m): 2:19am On Oct 16, 2021
In this Buhari's regime, don't blame the dog

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Dog Hardly Bark In The Night. by Nobody: 2:30am On Oct 16, 2021
Baawaa:
In this Buhari's regime, don't blame the dog

I really need answers bro.
Re: My Dog Hardly Bark In The Night. by FvckAllMods: 2:49am On Oct 16, 2021
Well apparently he's been sleeping

1 Like

Re: My Dog Hardly Bark In The Night. by Nobody: 3:09am On Oct 16, 2021
FvckAllMods:
Well apparently he's been sleeping

Because she’s pregnant?

1 Like

Re: My Dog Hardly Bark In The Night. by FvckAllMods: 3:12am On Oct 16, 2021
She? Well she's been sleeping
Kaysnow:

Because she’s pregnant?
Re: My Dog Hardly Bark In The Night. by nicho450(m): 3:25am On Oct 16, 2021
Dog masters pls come in.

Meanwhile check my signature for the secret
Re: My Dog Hardly Bark In The Night. by Nobody: 3:48am On Oct 16, 2021
FvckAllMods:
She? Well she's been sleeping

How do I correct it?
Re: My Dog Hardly Bark In The Night. by Blake755: 4:05am On Oct 16, 2021
Bro give am weed
Re: My Dog Hardly Bark In The Night. by Chiefecho(m): 4:22am On Oct 16, 2021
nicho450:
Dog masters pls come in.

Meanwhile check my signature for the secret
Your data Is it a website of WhatsApp smtin
Re: My Dog Hardly Bark In The Night. by Chiefecho(m): 4:24am On Oct 16, 2021
His body is not high
Do am alcohol challenge give am small stout
Re: My Dog Hardly Bark In The Night. by Namdeenero(m): 7:31am On Oct 16, 2021
The energy in the afternoon and at night are very different. In the afternoon there’s plenty activities which keeps the very dog alert, up and doing and at high energy. While at night the atmosphere is very calm and sonis the dogs energy Level. Don’t be surprised your dog would only react when a real threat is incoming. Try get someone to bang on your gate or try to climb your fence at night and watch your dogs reaction bro. You don’t know what God has done for you, Gsds are very noisy

2 Likes

Re: My Dog Hardly Bark In The Night. by Nobody: 7:55am On Oct 16, 2021
Namdeenero:
The energy in the afternoon and at night are very different. In the afternoon there’s plenty activities which keeps the very dog alert, up and doing and at high energy. While at night the atmosphere is very calm and sonis the dogs energy Level. Don’t be surprised your dog would only react when a real threat is incoming. Try get someone to bang on your gate or try to climb your fence at night and watch your dogs reaction bro. You don’t know what God has done for you, Gsds are very noisy

Lol I was thinking she’s afraid of night time, because security men usually pass and the make lots of noise, she won’t bark but my neighbors Caucasian and Rottweiler will keep on barking until they leave.
Re: My Dog Hardly Bark In The Night. by Dayotheeone(m): 8:06am On Oct 16, 2021
Change her body clock. For guard dogs, from the early stage we usually keep them in a closed kennel during the day to force them to be less active and sleep so they become active at night. You need to decide if you want a pet dog or a guard dog. You can also reduce her day activities, try not to play with her or give her too much attention, during the day but towards night.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dog Hardly Bark In The Night. by wizi44(m): 8:06am On Oct 16, 2021
Kaysnow:
I don’t know why people hardly comment on my post, probably because my account is 5 months old or something, but truth is I’ve been a naira lander for years, I lost my other account because i had issue with my mail address so I opened another one.
I will appreciate it if anyone helps me out.
This dog I’m talking about is a year plus now she is very active during the day time but at night, I will hardly hear her bark, my neighbors Caucasian and Rottweiler bark at any passerby at night but my Gsd will never bark.
I don’t know if I should be worried, she doesn’t have a kennel all her life and hardly do we chain her because it’s just our house.
She doesn’t let anyone come near our gate during the day time, and at night she is little or no active.
My friend one time told me that each time we leave her alone (probably go to church) that our dog will not bark as to the way it does when we are home.
I don’t know if I can correct it now, yesterday night I put her on her lease around 10pm she began to bark at passerby (note is an estate) but my sister had to release her because the dog is pregnant.
I can’t have a dog that is not active at night.
If I can still correct it I will be glad to get help from you guys.
I don't know what to say because GSDs are known to be very noisy but maybe the dog might choose not to bark because your neighbours dogs are doing it perfectly. So I can't say for sure but try getting someone your dog doesn't know to enter your compound but with some body protection oh grin and see what your dog will do. Then you will be able to confirm which is the case
Re: My Dog Hardly Bark In The Night. by Nobody: 8:09am On Oct 16, 2021
wizi44:
I don't know what to say because GSDs are known to be very noisy but maybe the dog might choose not to bark because your neighbours dogs are doing it perfectly. So I can't say for sure but try getting someone your dog doesn't know to enter your compound but with some body protection oh grin and see what your dog will do. Then you will be able to confirm which is the case

I will try this, but I have to put her on lease.
Re: My Dog Hardly Bark In The Night. by wizi44(m): 8:11am On Oct 16, 2021
Kaysnow:

I will try this, but I have to put her on lease.
but try it at night
Re: My Dog Hardly Bark In The Night. by Namdeenero(m): 8:17am On Oct 16, 2021
Kaysnow:

Lol I was thinking she’s afraid of night time, because security men usually pass and the make lots of noise, she won’t bark but my neighbors Caucasian and Rottweiler will keep on barking until they leave.
Do you take your dog on walks?? Don’t overlook the importance of walks bro, it boosts a dog’s confidence Level.

Is she the only dog in the compound?
Re: My Dog Hardly Bark In The Night. by Nobody: 9:42am On Oct 16, 2021
Namdeenero:
Do you take your dog on walks?? Don’t overlook the importance of walks bro, it boosts a dog’s confidence Level.

Is she the only dog in the compound?

I came back from sch my sister doesn’t take her out, I take her once in a while. Can I still take her now she is pregnant and yes she is the only dog in the house
Re: My Dog Hardly Bark In The Night. by Namdeenero(m): 10:14am On Oct 16, 2021
Kaysnow:

I came back from sch my sister doesn’t take her out, I take her once in a while. Can I still take her now she is pregnant and yes she is the only dog in the house
Sure you can, but only short less strenuous walks. Okay, some dogs do better when they have company

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Dog Hardly Bark In The Night. by nicho450(m): 11:28am On Oct 16, 2021
Chiefecho:

Your data Is it a website of WhatsApp smtin

Is website....

Everything is on the website there.

The number on the portal is for enabling everyone that whats to register.

Once you are enabled, you will see your dashboard.

We did that number stuff for security measures.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: My Dog Hardly Bark In The Night. by dayon2012: 3:11pm On Oct 16, 2021
Most times there is absolutely nothing wrong with your dog. To understand a dog better requires keen observation and if possible a detailed history of its lineage (father, mother & it inherent DNA trait).
Not all dogs are the same and they all wont respond the same way. Give your dog time to grow and mature and you will be able to know what it can do and what it will not do.
For now I will say, enjoy your dog, dont put unnecessary expectations on it and appreciate everything about it , even if you never observe it to bark at night.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Dog Hardly Bark In The Night. by CrazyCrane: 3:13am On Oct 29, 2021
Why should she bark when there's no threat?
Re: My Dog Hardly Bark In The Night. by 69dripping: 7:59am On Oct 29, 2021
Bro stop feeding her at night. Feed her during the day less than a week her natural instinct will do the rest.

(1) (Reply)

. / Tibetan Mastiff Puppies Available In Lagos / Top 10: Strongest Animals In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.