Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,275 members, 7,780,620 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:46 PM

Sit-At-Home: Private Schools Turn Saturdays To Working Days In Enugu - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Sit-At-Home: Private Schools Turn Saturdays To Working Days In Enugu (23260 Views)

Sit-at-home: Private Schools Turn Saturdays To Working Days In Enugu | #igberetv / JSS 3 Exam Fees: Private Schools Parents Besiege Lagos Exam Board For Refund / Angry Father Calls Out Private Schools For Giving Students Too Much Homework (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sit-At-Home: Private Schools Turn Saturdays To Working Days In Enugu by Doraty1(f): 9:21am On Oct 16, 2021
Some private schools in Enugu State now hold classes on Saturdays following the ‘collapse’ of academic activities on Mondays as a result of the sit-at-home order issued by the Indigenous People of Biafra.

The group instituted the order to press home their demand for the release of their leader Nnamdi Kanu.

Kanu is facing treason charges for running a proscribed organisation.

Some of the school proprietors interviewed warned against mentioning their names and their schools for security reasons.

One of them, located at Emene, Enugu, said, “It is an internal measure adopted by the school management and the parents to make up for lost grounds. The academic curriculum runs whether we go to school or not. And the pupils and students write the same external exams as their counterparts outside this region.

“Instead of allowing Mondays to waste just like that, we devised a means. Our supposed academic activities on Mondays now hold on Saturdays.”

A principal of a private school, along University Market road at Nsukka, on condition of anonymity, said, “We won’t allow the education of our children to die just like that. As such, we deliberated on the way forward, and converted our Mondays to Saturdays. That is the only way we fill the vacuum of the sit-at-home. We wouldn’t like to risk any child’s life.”

A parent, Cajethan Odo, said, “It is to the advantage of pupils and parents. We pay the school fees accordingly. So, we commend the school authorities for the innovations. I am personally happy.”

A pupil in one of the schools said she was happy. In her words, “On Saturdays, we come to school. We learn what we usually learn on Mondays. I am happy because all my friends come to school.”

THE WHISTLER reports that despite the cancellation of the sit-at-home order by the IPOB, general activities on Mondays in the southeast region of the country have remained paralysed as unknown gunmen use Mondays to perpetrate their activities.

https://thewhistler.ng/sit-at-home-private-schools-turn-saturdays-to-working-days-in-enugu/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sit-At-Home: Private Schools Turn Saturdays To Working Days In Enugu by Abdul05: 9:23am On Oct 16, 2021
Na their problem be that,they chose to school dat way grin grin

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sit-At-Home: Private Schools Turn Saturdays To Working Days In Enugu by Naijabad: 9:24am On Oct 16, 2021
Abdul05:
Na their problem be that grin grin

It is not a problem. It is solidarity.

140 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Sit-At-Home: Private Schools Turn Saturdays To Working Days In Enugu by Emergingnation(m): 9:27am On Oct 16, 2021
Abdul05:
Na their problem be that,they chose to grin
Every thing always sound problematic to unity Beggars

161 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Sit-At-Home: Private Schools Turn Saturdays To Working Days In Enugu by Millimann: 9:28am On Oct 16, 2021
Very nice move.

Some people will still come and complain.

3 Likes

Re: Sit-At-Home: Private Schools Turn Saturdays To Working Days In Enugu by PlayMaker14: 9:28am On Oct 16, 2021
Good one from the Principal...

Our Children's Education is more important.

33 Likes

Re: Sit-At-Home: Private Schools Turn Saturdays To Working Days In Enugu by jimyjames(m): 9:32am On Oct 16, 2021
Abdul05:
Na their problem be that,they chose to school dat way grin grin
You Mohammedan wanted Fridays to be none working days like Sundays but didn't get it

129 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sit-At-Home: Private Schools Turn Saturdays To Working Days In Enugu by smat101(m): 9:33am On Oct 16, 2021
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Sit-At-Home: Private Schools Turn Saturdays To Working Days In Enugu by Afamed: 9:38am On Oct 16, 2021
That one no concern me, after all IPoB no dey go school before. Them full Ochanja, headbridge, downflyover

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sit-At-Home: Private Schools Turn Saturdays To Working Days In Enugu by doggedfighter(f): 9:40am On Oct 16, 2021
It's a good one.

2 Likes

Re: Sit-At-Home: Private Schools Turn Saturdays To Working Days In Enugu by Omoluabi1stborn: 9:41am On Oct 16, 2021
Their Problem, dey fit add Sunday join

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sit-At-Home: Private Schools Turn Saturdays To Working Days In Enugu by SmartPolician: 9:43am On Oct 16, 2021
That's cool. Banks and government institutions should start working on weekends too. In fact, the ideal thing is take all Monday activities to Saturday. There shouldn't be room for lapses.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sit-At-Home: Private Schools Turn Saturdays To Working Days In Enugu by ATEAMS: 9:43am On Oct 16, 2021
“Don’t watch the clock; do what it does. Keep going.”

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sit-At-Home: Private Schools Turn Saturdays To Working Days In Enugu by G0LANHEIGHTS(m): 9:44am On Oct 16, 2021
This one na ndi developers problem oh

2 Likes

Re: Sit-At-Home: Private Schools Turn Saturdays To Working Days In Enugu by brownemmanuel43(m): 9:44am On Oct 16, 2021
That's one thing about ndi dotland.com, u can never take away the spirit of innovation from them.
Just look at how they school proprietors came up with this ideal of which if it was from one region, they would have turned every school building rearing ground and their children beggy beggy
If u are talking about innovation without being biased I think ndi dotland.com are equal to the task,
If u are talking about education I think afonjas are equal to the task
If u are talking about agriculture I think all this boko people are equal to the task
Then, marine I think people from riverine areas are equal to the task.
If the above stated are visible, I think Nigeria shouldn't be one or better still regional govt or restructuring would be better.
BY THE WAY, I LEARNT THAT THIS COMING WEEK IS HOLIDAYS IN THE DOTLAND. COM
MONDAY. = SIT AT HOME
TUESDAY = GENERAL PUB HOLIDAY
THURSDAY = KANU TRIAL
MEHNNNNN I MISS ALA OWERRI, ALA NGWORI

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sit-At-Home: Private Schools Turn Saturdays To Working Days In Enugu by BadNews: 9:45am On Oct 16, 2021
Nawa o
Re: Sit-At-Home: Private Schools Turn Saturdays To Working Days In Enugu by clockwisereport: 9:47am On Oct 16, 2021
Is there any secondary school along university market road in Nsukka?

I don't think so
Re: Sit-At-Home: Private Schools Turn Saturdays To Working Days In Enugu by mannasseh(m): 9:48am On Oct 16, 2021
quite innovative
Re: Sit-At-Home: Private Schools Turn Saturdays To Working Days In Enugu by Lattop(m): 9:48am On Oct 16, 2021
Just to meet up standard

E no go better for all terrorist groups including iPob

4 Likes

Re: Sit-At-Home: Private Schools Turn Saturdays To Working Days In Enugu by stanluiz(m): 9:48am On Oct 16, 2021
Hmmm. For how long ? It just a matter of time, the morning sit at home will stop and things will return back to normal.

2 Likes

Re: Sit-At-Home: Private Schools Turn Saturdays To Working Days In Enugu by osuofia2(m): 9:49am On Oct 16, 2021
Ipob na big mumu, if this were to be in the north you will be hearing their stupid opinion

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sit-At-Home: Private Schools Turn Saturdays To Working Days In Enugu by Pushon: 9:50am On Oct 16, 2021
Extra lesson
Re: Sit-At-Home: Private Schools Turn Saturdays To Working Days In Enugu by Fryzi(m): 9:51am On Oct 16, 2021
Monday sit-at-home, Tuesday sallah holiday. If the school have their way they may fix Sundays for class.
Re: Sit-At-Home: Private Schools Turn Saturdays To Working Days In Enugu by Kingrefreshed: 9:51am On Oct 16, 2021
Doraty1:

https://thewhistler.ng/sit-at-home-private-schools-turn-saturdays-to-working-days-in-enugu/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

Which part of Enugu is that one happening! All this una evil wish and satanic propaganda will not work. No be Enugu we dey like this?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Sit-At-Home: Private Schools Turn Saturdays To Working Days In Enugu by Yankee101: 9:51am On Oct 16, 2021
Just extend the hours spent in school per day

1 Like

Re: Sit-At-Home: Private Schools Turn Saturdays To Working Days In Enugu by Sunisonflex39(m): 9:52am On Oct 16, 2021
Nigerian politicians are useless..

All of them

#UselessPoliticians

1 Like

Re: Sit-At-Home: Private Schools Turn Saturdays To Working Days In Enugu by christejames(m): 9:53am On Oct 16, 2021
It has been a normal thing in Enugu State right before emergence of the so called Seat At Home
Re: Sit-At-Home: Private Schools Turn Saturdays To Working Days In Enugu by leofab(f): 9:53am On Oct 16, 2021
Good
Re: Sit-At-Home: Private Schools Turn Saturdays To Working Days In Enugu by itsme01: 9:53am On Oct 16, 2021
Sense no go kill dem

1 Like

Re: Sit-At-Home: Private Schools Turn Saturdays To Working Days In Enugu by Chris525: 9:59am On Oct 16, 2021
Monday is the new Sunday grin grin grin

Hilarious!

Republic of Biafra...more like Republic of Barbarians

10 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Please I Need Help In Balancing These Equations / Unilag Foundation Programme 2015/2016 Thread( C.O.C form closes sept 29) / What's The Most Memorable Thing That Happened To You In The University?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.