Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,250 members, 7,807,854 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:47 PM

Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? (28790 Views)

Praying In Name Of ‘lucifer’ More Potent Than In Name Of Jesus - Daddy Freeze / The Power Of Midnight Prayers / "I Killed This Lizard In Midnight & My Brother Died":nigerian Man Narrates(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by yawehoverall: 9:58am On Oct 17, 2021
Fasting is very potent.
Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:02am On Oct 17, 2021
aminat4gold:
... Someone expressed himself complain about not getting desired answers after praying for 40yrs not his fault cos the bible says ask and it shall be given. Instead of you to console him all u could say is it's his fault.

How faulty is your fair judgement Software?

Did you not see my answer was predicated upon the Fact that at the end of that foolish transaction, the failures begin to Insult The Lord?

Is it right and just to blame Another for failures whereas you failed by your own doing?

If you are unable to judge justly and righly please, do not judge at all.
Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by Nobody: 10:03am On Oct 17, 2021
wirinet:

See consolation. If you are not worldly and your major concern is the life after this life, then what is your daily midnight prayers all about - for God to take you into the afterlife quickly?
The sole reason why we are created is to worship God,so midnight prayers doesn't mean we are asking God for worldly things, it's not out of place to also state our desires but however God knows what's best for us and whatever He didn't grant us was not good for us in the first place.When you feed your soul with His spirit and abide by his commandments you shall be rewarded with the best of both worlds.Give it a try sir.
Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by Nobody: 10:04am On Oct 17, 2021
What would Jesus do? See like I said earlier on you're not different from Islamic terrorists who carry arms to defend their God.
Dtruthspeaker:

How faulty is your fair judgement Software?

Did you not see my answer was predicated upon the Fact that at the end of that foolish transaction, the failures begin to Insult The Lord?

Is it right and just to blame Another for failures whereas you failed by your own doing?

If you are unable to judge justly and righly please, do not judge at all.

Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by SarkinYarki: 10:06am On Oct 17, 2021
If any works Nigeria won't be the shit hole it is
Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by Mleeperbother: 10:08am On Oct 17, 2021
seyicodes:

No sir.

Why do you go to work to earn money.
Why can't you stay at home and say whatever will be will be.

You make effort and God will crown the effort.
We are talking about prayers here.
Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by wirinet(m): 10:10am On Oct 17, 2021
Iyaebe:
The sole reason why we are created is to worship God,so midnight prayers doesn't mean we are asking God for worldly things, it's not out of place to also state our desires but however God knows what's best for us and whatever He didn't grant us was not good for us in the first place.When you feed your soul with His spirit and abide by his commandments you shall be rewarded with the best of both worlds.Give it a try sir.

So if you don't ask for worldly things like good health, wealth and fortune, what then do you ask for in your daily midnight prayers?

If God knows what's best for you and he grants you whatever he feels is good for you, what then is the essence of your midnight prayers? Since as you said, it cannot change the plan God already has for you.

2 Likes

Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by FLYFIRE(m): 10:15am On Oct 17, 2021
kweensheba:
Being godly and doing the will of God is more potent.
Exactly my dear. Fasting is actually to bring the flesh down to ENABLE one do the will of God. Midnight or whenever prayers is to seek Grace from the Throne. When a man walks after the Spirit, doing the will of God by God's grace & NOT after the flesh, living in sin & disobedience, no power can condemn or have anything against him.35:13, Col. 3:5, Rom 8:13, Rom 8:1
Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by Chiden(f): 10:16am On Oct 17, 2021
I don't know really.. I find it difficult to pray
Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:20am On Oct 17, 2021
aminat4gold:
What would Jesus do? See like I said earlier on you're not different from Islamic terrorists who carry arms to defend their God.

Though I am not Him, but He Certainly did speak against Liars, hyprocites, thieves, unjust Lawyers and Judges and all manners of evil people, so I am well in order.
Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:23am On Oct 17, 2021
aminat4gold:

Though I am not Him, but He Certainly did speak against Liars, hyprocites, thieves, unjust Lawyers and Judges and all manners of evil people, so I am well in order.

And of course your unjust attack is expected being a wife of proven terrorists.

And it is known Terrorists Hate Laws being Upheld!
Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by FLYFIRE(m): 10:23am On Oct 17, 2021
Chiden:
I don't know really.. I find it difficult to pray
You HAVE found the prayer point brother. If you now begin to sincerely cry asking God to help you pray & to DO His will, guess what, He opens more opportunities to get to know Him. Mt 6:33

1 Like

Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by BreakingNews21: 10:38am On Oct 17, 2021
Great positive thread and write-up Op. Well worth the reading and thinking time. Thx for sharing and continued divine answers and blessings to you!
Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by HumansFailedMe(f): 10:38am On Oct 17, 2021
Lizlee:
I'm sorry what is the evidence for the existence of witches?? Keep living a fantasy believing in imaginary enemies.

You are delusional bro. There is no such thing as witches.

Why can't you fast about Nigeria's problems so that they can disappear??

Yoruba say: omo mi, oloun maje kope koto ye e ( my son, I pray its not late before you understand)
Brother, the world is spiritual. I was once like you. Use your head. Even mind what you say online.
They see what you post and can actually prove a point to you anytime. But stick around God brother and hide your head.
Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by Malawian(m): 10:41am On Oct 17, 2021
Fasting is more. Even God said " is is not the fast that I have chosen..."

Unfortunately, if I fast small, even my mind no fit concentrate for the prayer sef. Instead of to dey think of Godly blessings while praying during fasting, jellof rice go begin enter my brain until I forget say I dey pray sef.

Devil just dey win me since. But one day na one day.
Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by Onemind9: 10:46am On Oct 17, 2021
Midnight prayers work for me
Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by Qatar2022: 10:49am On Oct 17, 2021
Lizlee:
I'm sorry what is the evidence for the existence of witches?? Keep living a fantasy believing in imaginary enemies.

You are delusional bro. There is no such thing as witches.

Why can't you fast about Nigeria's problems so that they can disappear??
Keep on deceiving yourself, pray evil people don't come your way

Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by schoolboymatt(m): 10:50am On Oct 17, 2021
jesusjnr2020
Malawian:
Fasting is more. Even God said " is is not the fast that I have chosen..."

Unfortunately, if I fast small, even my mind no fit concentrate for the prayer sef. Instead of to dey think of Godly blessings while praying during fasting, jellof rice go begin enter my brain until I forget say I dey pray sef.

Devil just dey win me since. But one day na one day.

And I thought I was alone grin

jesusjnr2020
1. How have you been fasting and still able to stay concentrated?
2. What is your fasting duration?
3. What are those things you pray for (you don't have to answer this) grin
Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by Iseoluwani: 10:52am On Oct 17, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers?

[/b]In my spiritual life, fasting has proven itself to be by far more potent and powerful, even though i still observe both.[b]

A times I may be doing midnight prayers for months, but certain things I pray for wouldn't materialize.

But once I just fast for a little while, immediately the solution would just come out of nowhere as though it's been waiting for me to fast.

This has happened on several occasions that it's made me to take serious notice, and to begin to rate it more than midnight prayers, even though I also receive a lot of answers from prayers, because fasting seems to have a significant edge over it.

I first noticed how effective it was when during my fasting at a point when I was still struggling with sexual lusts, how the inclination just seemed to disappear during the period I was fasting, it felt really strange because this was something that I found very difficult to contain regardless of how much I prayed and when I prayed.

Even when it comes to dealing with those of the powers of darkness, fasting has shown itself to be more much powerful than midnight prayers.

For instance, despite that i had been told I had been given authority over the demons, there were yet some NL witches that were proving very stubborn even after and when I did midnight prayers. But once I just fast, the way they suddenly go into hiding is mind blowing. I mean they literally disappear for a long time and only come out after a while.

This is perhaps the reason Jesus said that there are some kind of demons that cannot come out without fasting. Mark 9:29 (KJV)

I don't know about you, but fasting has proven itself to be a very effective and useful weapon in my spiritual life, that even things I thought were impossible and beyond my reach, it helped me to achieve. It seems to speed up the process of my getting solutions and answers.

I recommend fasting to you, even if you do midnight prayers. It may provide the much needed boost your spiritual life has been crying out for.

God bless.

This is an erroreous imbalance.
Fasting is good
Prayer is good

There is no way if you really fast, you will definitely pray, your passion for Christ will push you with longer hours to pray. Invariably you will LOVE (CHARIS) TO PRAY TILL AND IN MIDNIGHT

Is it possible to fast without praying?
Scriptually wrong

Jesus fasted and pray
Paul fasted and prayed
Daniel fasted and prayed

Fasting aids prayer.

THE APOSTLES Said in acts 6:2 that they could not leave d word and prayer not fasting

Go and read on the triumphant Church by Kenneth Hagin
He gave gifts unto men. Dont give people false geaching
Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by lukency(m): 10:58am On Oct 17, 2021
Both
Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by Luluakim: 10:58am On Oct 17, 2021
Faith matters
Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by Pyhonist: 10:59am On Oct 17, 2021
Fasting without prayer is like a hunger strike...but midnight prayer is good enough without fasting.

So, I go with midnight prayer
Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by Lonewolf2010(f): 11:02am On Oct 17, 2021
Fasting is the most powerful spiritual discipline of all the Christian disciplines but the Bible has already encouraged us to pray without ceasing. 1Thess 5:16-18… both are potent. A fast without prayer is just going hungry.
Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by Hollybratt(m): 11:07am On Oct 17, 2021
BigYash:
Na because Seun no dey go church.. Na aboki falani man ,when germinate for Yoruba land.. Pastor, I think he needs serious deliverance .. Like those cele own,when them dey use cane drive demon.. What do you think sir?
what a wicked world!
Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by babadee1(m): 11:09am On Oct 17, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers?

In my spiritual life, fasting has proven itself to be by far more potent and powerful, even though i still observe both.

A times I may be doing midnight prayers for months, but certain things I pray for wouldn't materialize.

But once I just fast for a little while, immediately the solution would just come out of nowhere as though it's been waiting for me to fast.

This has happened on several occasions that it's made me to take serious notice, and to begin to rate it more than midnight prayers, even though I also receive a lot of answers from prayers, because fasting seems to have a significant edge over it.

I first noticed how effective it was when during my fasting at a point when I was still struggling with sexual lusts, how the inclination just seemed to disappear during the period I was fasting, it felt really strange because this was something that I found very difficult to contain regardless of how much I prayed and when I prayed.

Even when it comes to dealing with those of the powers of darkness, fasting has shown itself to be more much powerful than midnight prayers.

For instance, despite that i had been told I had been given authority over the demons, there were yet some NL witches that were proving very stubborn even after and when I did midnight prayers. But once I just fast, the way they suddenly go into hiding is mind blowing. I mean they literally disappear for a long time and only come out after a while.

This is perhaps the reason Jesus said that there are some kind of demons that cannot come out without fasting. Mark 9:29 (KJV)

I don't know about you, but fasting has proven itself to be a very effective and useful weapon in my spiritual life, that even things I thought were impossible and beyond my reach, it helped me to achieve. It seems to speed up the process of my getting solutions and answers.

I recommend fasting to you, even if you do midnight prayers. It may provide the much needed boost your spiritual life has been crying out for.

God bless.

Each of those tools have their own role. You seem to be assuming that they both do the same thing. Not so at all. Spiritual discernment is the key.
Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by FiverrTutor(m): 11:09am On Oct 17, 2021
BigYash:
Na because Seun no dey go church.. Na aboki falani man ,when germinate for Yoruba land.. Pastor, I think he needs serious deliverance .. Like those cele own,when them dey use cane drive demon.. What do you think sir?

Why do you guys(Christians) like condemning people So because Seun doesn't agree to your views you feel he now needs deliverance
Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by Nobody: 11:10am On Oct 17, 2021
Am talking about midnight prayer not fasting ,tasting helps spiritually
nnadychuks:
chop bellyful weda you go fit pray na
Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by kerry57: 11:16am On Oct 17, 2021
Both, but I will always prefer midnight. Fast when need be.
Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by Phraences: 11:24am On Oct 17, 2021
wirinet:

See consolation. If you are not worldly and your major concern is the life after this life, then what is your daily midnight prayers all about - for God to take you into the afterlife quickly?

My sister, spend the time you are wasting on midnight prayers praying for "worldly things" to improve yourself - improve your health, mind and wealth. Learn new skills, get new certificates or degrees, exercise your body. In 5 years you will be much better than where you are today.

If people had all they desired, i doubt they will engage in midnight prayer. Anyone engaging in midnight prayer is definitely looking for something and most times it is progress, success, promotion, anointing of ease and then health issues or problems of life. But money is usually the common denominator.
Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by Basher8583: 11:27am On Oct 17, 2021
None is potent.

But you should have known that by now na.

Even Muslim frequent daily prayers na wash
Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by bonnyhope: 11:28am On Oct 17, 2021
Lizlee:

Fasting and prayers won't solve shit.

You Nigerians are something else. There is no potency in joblessness. Yes prayers and fasting is joblessness.

Atheist

This isn't your thread

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Visits Cappadocia Caves Where Christians Hid From Persecution / How To End Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa – TB Joshua / Church Members Give Their Offerings At The Feet Of Their Pastor In Ghana (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.