Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,652 members, 7,801,899 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:46 AM

Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? (28749 Views)

Praying In Name Of ‘lucifer’ More Potent Than In Name Of Jesus - Daddy Freeze / The Power Of Midnight Prayers / "I Killed This Lizard In Midnight & My Brother Died":nigerian Man Narrates(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by marahv: 2:01pm On Oct 17, 2021
They are both Spiritual Exercises, and they are both equally potent. What matters most is the attitude - your attitude during the process.

Prayer does not change God, neither does Fasting. If your heart is not right with the Maker, you would just be wasting your time doing either of the two.
For either to be potent, an accompanying life of holiness is essential, as well as the willingness to humbly accept whatever God decides for you or leads you to after any of the Spiritual Exercises.

1 Like

Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by jesusjnr2020(m): 2:07pm On Oct 17, 2021
Tecno66:
Your thought is not clear. Is it typo error? The gate of hell shall prevail or shall not prevail?
Oh thanks a lot.

It's a shame I didn't see that up til now.

I'd correct it immediately.
Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by Sweettalent(m): 2:08pm On Oct 17, 2021
Thanks for sharing this it will go a long way in helping my spiritual life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by Fidelmak(m): 2:49pm On Oct 17, 2021
Midnight prayer o
Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by jesusjnr2020(m): 3:08pm On Oct 17, 2021
hahn:

Amen grin
No surprises.

All so-called atheists worship the devil either directly or indirectly.
Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by igbowoman: 3:15pm On Oct 17, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers?

In my spiritual life, fasting has proven itself to be by far more potent and powerful, even though i still observe both.

A times I may be doing midnight prayers for months, but certain things I pray for wouldn't materialize.

But once I just fast for a little while, immediately the solution would just come out of nowhere as though it's been waiting for me to fast.

This has happened on several occasions that it's made me to take serious notice, and to begin to rate it more than midnight prayers, even though I also receive a lot of answers from prayers, because fasting seems to have a significant edge over it.

I first noticed how effective it was when during my fasting at a point when I was still struggling with sexual lusts, how the inclination just seemed to disappear during the period I was fasting, it felt really strange because this was something that I found very difficult to contain regardless of how much I prayed and when I prayed.

Even when it comes to dealing with those of the powers of darkness, fasting has shown itself to be more much powerful than midnight prayers.

For instance, despite that i had been told I had been given authority over the demons, there were yet some NL witches that were proving very stubborn even after and when I did midnight prayers. But once I just fast, the way they suddenly go into hiding is mind blowing. I mean they literally disappear for a long time and only come out after a while.

This is perhaps the reason Jesus said that there are some kind of demons that cannot come out without fasting. Mark 9:29 (KJV)

I don't know about you, but fasting has proven itself to be a very effective and useful weapon in my spiritual life, that even things I thought were impossible and beyond my reach, it helped me to achieve. It seems to speed up the process of my getting solutions and answers.

I recommend fasting to you, even if you do midnight prayers. It may provide the much needed boost your spiritual life has been crying out for.

God bless.

What you need is not fasting or midnight prayers but a total mind shift.
You need a renewal of your mind
Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by Indispensable85(m): 3:16pm On Oct 17, 2021
Jesus Christ himself acknowledged the potency of fasting and prayers and recomended it but I'm not sure he did same for mid night prayers. I think both are good. Just find out what works for you and stick to it.

1 Like

Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by judedwriter(m): 3:17pm On Oct 17, 2021
jesusjnr2020:

In my spiritual life, fasting has proven itself to be by far more potent and powerful, even though i still observe both.

A times I may be doing midnight prayers for months, but certain things I pray for wouldn't materialize.

But once I just fast for a little while, immediately the solution would just come out of nowhere as though it's been waiting for me to fast.

This has happened on several occasions that it's made me to take serious notice, and to begin to rate it more than midnight prayers, even though I also receive a lot of answers from prayers, because fasting seems to have a significant edge over it.

I first noticed how effective it was when during my fasting at a point when I was still struggling with sexual lusts, how the inclination just seemed to disappear during the period I was fasting, it felt really strange because this was something that I found very difficult to contain regardless of how much I prayed and when I prayed.

Even when it comes to dealing with those of the powers of darkness, fasting has shown itself to be more much powerful than midnight prayers.

For instance, despite that i had been told I had been given authority over the demons, there were yet some NL witches that were proving very stubborn even after and when I did midnight prayers. But once I just fast, the way they suddenly go into hiding is mind blowing. I mean they literally disappear for a long time and only come out after a while.

This is perhaps the reason Jesus said that there are some kind of demons that cannot come out without fasting. Mark 9:29 (KJV)

I don't know about you, but fasting has proven itself to be a very effective and useful weapon in my spiritual life, that even things I thought were impossible and beyond my reach, it helped me to achieve. It seems to speed up the process of my getting solutions and answers.

I recommend fasting to you, even if you do midnight prayers. It may provide the much needed boost your spiritual life has been crying out for.

God bless.

My brother, from my experience, fasting is more powerful than night vigil.

Infact, you need to fast to do night vigil effectively.

When you do night vigil, you stop the plans of the wicked to a certain extent, but when you fast, you completely overpower the enemy.

There is no limit to God's power when you fast, that's the major difference.

1 Like

Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Oct 17, 2021
Fasting is more potent o.

I recieve impartations in my dreams when I fast.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by judedwriter(m): 3:24pm On Oct 17, 2021
Matheusmartin:
God is omnipotent and Omniscient, yet one would have to starve oneself, or stay awake till nightnight to beg him for protection and ask for provision.

That particular setup doesn't really make sense

God deals with man according to his power in his life.

We fast to gain more power with God.

We stay awake at midnight to pray because at that time the spiritual world is mostly active.

1 Like

Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 3:26pm On Oct 17, 2021
Midnight prayer works for me.
Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by seyicodes(m): 4:12pm On Oct 17, 2021
aminat4gold:
Be deceiving yourself. The truth is we have a wrong version of gospel in our heads main reason why people will easily declare there's no God. Cos u keep on giving them wrong impression just to lure them. My grandma is an elder and very devoted. She fasts effortlessly and pray almost every second. Alaye grandma died and my mom died exactly a Month after. If I've not used my head to understand what the true gospel is, I would have been forced to say there's no God.
my sister thank God for your life. There is no true gospel all over the world. The true gospel is to worship God alone and keep his commandments.
Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by rhames(m): 4:25pm On Oct 17, 2021
jesusjnr2020:

God bless.

My own is midnight prayer. The solutions are revealed to me by the Almighty through dreams.

1 Like

Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by Decide2rise: 4:36pm On Oct 17, 2021
Lizlee:
I'm sorry what is the evidence for the existence of witches?? Keep living a fantasy believing in imaginary enemies.

You are delusional bro. There is no such thing as witches.

Why can't you fast about Nigeria's problems so that they can disappear??
You sound like a kid. There's so much about spirituality that is unknown to you. Don't make conclusion and say what you don't know simply because you have no knowledge about it.
Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by Diego234(m): 4:50pm On Oct 17, 2021
Most Nigerians are not very good at thinking so no surprise there.
Matheusmartin:
God is omnipotent and Omniscient, yet one would have to starve oneself, or stay awake till nightnight to beg him for protection and ask for provision.

That particular setup doesn't really make sense
Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by Matheusmartin: 5:04pm On Oct 17, 2021
judedwriter:

God deals with man according to his power in his life.

We fast to gain more power with God.

We stay awake at midnight to pray because at that time the spiritual world is mostly active.
Kk
Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by chaloskyx: 6:20pm On Oct 17, 2021
LOL NONE OGA CAUSE THERE IS NO HEAVEN AND THERE IS NO GOD YOU ARE JUST THERE WASTING YOUR SILLY TIME.
Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by coolhumble(m): 7:40pm On Oct 17, 2021
Combining the two together can be very great too it opens further ways.
Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by TruthinAction: 7:58pm On Oct 17, 2021
Both are very important. But I do more of mid night prayers. It paralyzes the evil works of darkness. It disrupt their meetings. These evil forces meets mostly at night time between 12 pm and 4 am.
Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:48pm On Oct 17, 2021
femi4:
Rubbish. This is how people err from winds of false doctrine.

The Bible didn't place one above the other. It is called Fasting and Prayer. Not prayer with small fasting and vise versa

2. The God of the day is the God of the Night. The efficacy of prayer does not increase or decrease whether its prayed in the day or night
This is what happens when people walk in ignorance yet so sure of themselves that they know, that they close door of knowledge on themselves.

You're obviously ignorant of the fact that fasting itself is a kind of prayer.

You obviously ignorant of the fact that God used fasting as strategy on the Israelites. Deuteronomy 8:2-5

Do yourself a some favor and look up the above passage to gain more knowledge on fasting, and see the effect fasting alone had on the Israelites, even though they weren't fasting deliberately and didn't even pray.

You also obviously don't know that a times when fasting it's almost impossible to pray because of lack of strength, so does that make the fasting to be useless or of none effect, even if the purpose is achieved?

The most important thing about prayer and fasting is the purpose, which is for obedience to the Word of God. If someone is able to achieve that purpose of obedience with fasting alone, that's without praying, the fasting was a confirmed success. It's only the ignorant that would think otherwise.

As for midnight prayer, what you should learn about God is that just as it is with fasting, He considers it when someone deprives Himself of some comfort, so when someone denies himself of the comfort of sleep at midnight, it could be more effective than normally. Also that's when witches and the forces of darkness gather on Earth, so it is able to disrupt their activities, which makes it very important considering the kind of activities such ones engage in.

Jesus Himself also observed midnight prayers at some crucial points in His ministry, so there must be a reason for that.

So humble yourself and learn, and stop priding yourself in ignorance.
Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by Yankee101: 8:58pm On Oct 17, 2021
Listen to Apostle J Selman
Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by Ijah92(f): 11:22pm On Oct 17, 2021
[Do the one that work for u.
Na midnight de work perfect for me.
Ano even Sabi fast sef.
quote author=jesusjnr2020 post=106806022]Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers?

God bless.[/quote]
Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by themanderon: 12:12am On Oct 18, 2021
Lizlee:
I'm sorry what is the evidence for the existence of witches?? Keep living a fantasy believing in imaginary enemies.

You are delusional bro. There is no such thing as witches.

Why can't you fast about Nigeria's problems so that they can disappear??

My man you are the one that has been brainwashed into thinking there are no witches. Even in the western world, there are tons of witches, wizards and warlocks. Just last week I was watching a documentary presented by a professor in the UK that has studied Wiccan witches for over 20yrs. He actually interviewed some. Search Wicca the fastest religion in the Uk on youtube and educate yourself well. Don't allow the devil to fool you that they don't exist. Then they can launch stealth attacks on you and you may be thinking your problems is coming from somewhere else. Repent and give your life to Christ. Only through him can you have power and protection over the dark forces that run this wicked world we live in.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by Kobojunkie: 12:23am On Oct 18, 2021
themanderon:
My man you are the one that has been brainwashed into thinking there are no witches. Even in the western world, there are tons of witches, wizards and warlocks. Just last week I was watching a documentary presented by a professor in the UK that has studied Wiccan witches for over 20yrs. He actually interviewed some. Search Wicca the fastest religion in the Uk on youtube and educate yourself well. Don't allow the devil to fool you that they don't exist. Then they can launch stealth attacks on you and you may be thinking your problems is coming from somewhere else. Repent and give your life to Christ. Only through him can you have power and protection over the dark forces that run this wicked world we live in.
Now you are just as deceived. There are indeed witches out there but you deceive yourself believing they are out to get you. undecided

Do you know how many witches existed in the land back when Jesus Christ walked the earth yet not even once did He mention them or accuse them of launching "stealth attacks" at Him and His Kingdom. You know why? Because they can't and do not. They can pretend to but they are nothing to worry about where Jesus Christ is concerned. undecided

But when you go around convincing yourself that witches and wizards are out the get you, the devil or lives inside of you uses that to torment and delude in to taking your focus off of God and onto such meaningless things. Leaving you blinded and living in fear of the dark, away from the light of God. undecided
Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by themanderon: 1:23am On Oct 18, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Now you are just as deceived. There are indeed witches out there but you deceive yourself believing they are out to get you. undecided

Do you know how many witches existed in the land back when Jesus Christ walked the earth yet not even once did He mention them or accuse them of launching "stealth attacks" at Him and His Kingdom. You know why? Because they can't and do not. They can pretend to but they are nothing to worry about where Jesus Christ is concerned. undecided

But when you go around convincing yourself that witches and wizards are out the get you, the devil or lives inside of you uses that to torment and delude in to taking your focus off of God and onto such meaningless things. Leaving you blinded and living in fear of the dark, away from the light of God. undecided

Are you one? I mean a witch? Initially, you said there are none now you said there are indeed witches. Can you tell me the function of witches please.
Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by Kobojunkie: 1:34am On Oct 18, 2021
themanderon:
Are you one? I mean a witch? Initially, you said there are none now you said there are indeed witches. Can you tell me the function of witches please.
I have had friends who claimed to be witches and living in the U.S. you can't really believe such so where exactly do you have me stating that here are no witches?, undecided

The function of a witch is to be a witch. And as I said, not even once did Jesus Christ make an issue of witches or even go after them, even though there were many such pagans in the land at of the time he walked the earth. So, you decide if Jesus Christ is who you follow or the pagan ideas of men that fill your heads with delusions to distract you away from paying all your attention- mind, body and soul - on Jesus Christ and Jesus Christ alone. undecided
Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by themanderon: 1:40am On Oct 18, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I have had friends who claimed to be witches and living in the U.S. you can't really believe such so where exactly do you have me stating that here are no witches?, undecided

The function of a witch is to be a witch. And as I said, not even once did Jesus Christ make an issue of witches or even go after them, even though there were many such pagans in the land at of the time he walked the earth. So, you decide if Jesus Christ is who you follow or the pagan ideas of men that fill your heads with delusions to distract you away from paying all your attention- mind, body and soul - on Jesus Christ and Jesus Christ alone. undecided

Do not be ignorant of the devices of the devil.

1 Like

Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by Kobojunkie: 1:41am On Oct 18, 2021
themanderon:
Do not be ignorant of the devices of the devil.
Let's see, what "devices of the devil" did Jesus Christ teach you to pay attention to?. undecided
Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by jesusjnr2020(m): 3:15am On Oct 18, 2021
themanderon:

You are likely conversing with a real witch defending his own, so don't stress yourself much.

1 Like

Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by jesusjnr2020(m): 3:17am On Oct 18, 2021
themanderon:

[/b]Are you one? I mean a witch? Initially, you said there are none now you said there are indeed witches. Can you tell me the function of witches please.
Do not be surprised that he is in fact one of them, but coming in sheep' clothing.
Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by femi4: 4:15am On Oct 18, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
This is what happens when people walk in ignorance yet so sure of themselves that they know, that they close door of knowledge on themselves.

You're obviously ignorant of the fact that fasting itself is a kind of prayer.

You obviously ignorant of the fact that God used fasting as strategy on the Israelites. Deuteronomy 8:2-5

Do yourself a some favor and look up the above passage to gain more knowledge on fasting, and see the effect fasting alone had on the Israelites, even though they weren't fasting deliberately and didn't even pray.

You also obviously don't know that a times when fasting it's almost impossible to pray because of lack of strength, so does that make the fasting to be useless or of none effect, even if the purpose is achieved?

The most important thing about prayer and fasting is the purpose, which is for obedience to the Word of God. If someone is able to achieve that purpose of obedience with fasting alone, that's without praying, the fasting was a confirmed success. It's only the ignorant that would think otherwise.

As for midnight prayer, what you should learn about God is that just as it is with fasting, He considers it when someone deprives Himself of some comfort, [s]so when someone denies himself of the comfort of sleep at midnight, it could be more effective than normally[/s]. [s]Also that's when witches and the forces of darkness gather on Earth, so it is able to disrupt their activities[/s], which makes it very important considering the kind of activities such ones engage in.

Jesus Himself also observed midnight prayers at some crucial points in His ministry, so there must be a reason for that.

So humble yourself and learn, and stop priding yourself in ignorance.
More heresies

That Fasting works for you does not means it's more powerful than prayer. I cannot say that because I got most of my breakthroughs through prayers and come to social media to say that Prayer is more Powerful than Fasting.....that will be a dumb spiritual statement to make.

Jesus as well as his disciples performed many signs n wonders according to INSTRUCTIONS per time. Some were done with just prayer, some with or without fasting, some with instructions.

No single scripture to back your claims. Hell is your home, you and your false doctrine.

Show me where God said fasting is more powerful than prayer? Obedience is key while observing any of the two. Don't let spiritual familiarity destroy you....Speak to the rock isn't the as Strike the rock

So witches and wizard cannot harm you in day?

Jesus withdrew from the crowd several times to pray in the DAY.

Jesus midnight prayer as recorded in the Bible was done cos it was few hours to his arrest not because of disrupting Witches and Wizard meeting grin.... Don't be spiritual illiterate.
Midnight prayer is not more powerful than Day prayer. Obedience and an urge to pray is key.

The scripture says Pray in SEASON and out of SEASON.
Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by Lizlee: 5:12am On Oct 18, 2021
themanderon:

There are no witches.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI / Is It Proper For A Christian To Run A Hotel Business? / Lizzy Johnson Suleman Gives 3 Church Members Cars & Cash Gifts To Mark Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.