Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,321 members, 7,808,080 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:51 AM

Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? (28792 Views)

Praying In Name Of ‘lucifer’ More Potent Than In Name Of Jesus - Daddy Freeze / The Power Of Midnight Prayers / "I Killed This Lizard In Midnight & My Brother Died":nigerian Man Narrates(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by themanderon: 9:18am On Oct 18, 2021
Lizlee:

There are no witches.

Anyone that says there are no witches is either ignorant or might just be a witch. I gave you a hint but you still decide to hold a contrary view. Google wiccan witches or search for them on YouTube. You can also search for witchcraft schools In Europe to educate yourself.

1 Like

Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by Kobojunkie: 1:38pm On Oct 18, 2021
Lizlee:

There are no witches.
Do they traumatized you or what? undecided
Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:11am On Oct 19, 2021
LordReed:

LMFAO! Now this is the jesusjnr we know, the clown jesusjnr. Bwahahahahaha!
Demon-possessed soul.

How far have you gone into witchcraft?

I'm still waiting for an answer.
Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:13am On Oct 19, 2021
lilvicky68:
Fasting and praying or fasting alone..
Cos fasting alone is the same as hunger strike..
Stop speaking ignorantly. Fasting alone is a form of prayer.
Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by lilvicky68(m): 10:09am On Oct 19, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Stop speaking ignorantly. Fasting alone is a form of prayer.

Well .that's your opinion
Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:27am On Oct 19, 2021
lilvicky68:

Well .that's your opinion
If fasting alone helps you overcome sin such as masturbation and the urge to fornicate, would you still view it as hunger strike?

The purpose of fasting is to obey the Word of God, for man shall not live by bread alone but by every Word which comes out of the mouth of God, so if that purpose is achieved by fasting alone, would it be hunger strike?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by lilvicky68(m): 10:39am On Oct 19, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
If fasting alone helps you overcome sin such as masturbation and the urge to fornicate, would you still view it as hunger strike?

The purpose of fasting is to obey the Word of God, for man shall not live by bread alone but by every Word which comes out of the mouth of God, so if that purpose is achieved by fasting alone, would it be hunger strike?
Fasting always goes with prayers..

Fasting alone without praying is the same as going hungry..
Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by LordReed(m): 10:39am On Oct 19, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Demon-possessed soul.

How far have you gone into witchcraft?

I'm still waiting for an answer.

Still at zero. Clown. LMFAO!
Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:50am On Oct 19, 2021
LordReed:

Still at zero. Clown. LMFAO!
You better seek deliverance immediately before the blood thirsty demons in you start making going after your family members oh.

Advice no be curse.
Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:53am On Oct 19, 2021
lilvicky68:

Fasting always goes with prayers..

Fasting alone without praying is the same as going hungry..
You're entitled to your view.

Cheers.
Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by LordReed(m): 10:53am On Oct 19, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
You better seek deliverance immediately before the blood thirsty demons in you start making going after your family members oh.

Advice no be curse.

Abeg go and ripen your weed. Clown. LMFAO!
Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:14pm On Oct 19, 2021
ERF:
Thanks for your suggestion.

Though, it is not as if Midnight Prayers is no longer effective, but since you've mastered the act God wants to add another effective tool which is Fasting.

A complete warfare package comprises of one that utilizes all the arsenal and strategy at the Government's disposal. So when one Soldier focuses more on one weapon, God shows him the secret of another weapon so He would not be stranded when he meets an opposition that is not affected by the weapon he had mastered.

Happy Sunday Sir..

Off Topic.

@Seun

It is very disheartening that every Christian topic is flooded with posts from people that do not believe in our God nor care about the burden of the OP even in a Sunday morning.

It is very disheartening that NAIRALAND is Bias based on this matter, and I think it is not a big thing for you to do (since you've addressed it in the Muslim section)

Someone would bring up a burden, looking for solid help but "unknown gunmen" would just flood the topic to cause great distraction and the purpose of the topic is not achieved.

This is very UNFAIR to the Christian body here, and if you stand for equity you are supposed to do something about it.

Thanks!
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:46am On Oct 20, 2021
christaddicted:
They go together.

Fasting draws one closer to God. Makes one conscious of righteousness; a true one not a pious or sanctimonious living like the Pharisees; those religious bigots.

Jesus said "this goeth out but by FASTING & PRAYER".

Fasting shapes one & put one in alignment with God.
True.
Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:49am On Oct 20, 2021
cl0r0x:
Why is there no confirmation like

I BELIEVE IN JESUS before anyone can post here? lipsrsealed
I don't know oh!
Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by jesusjnr2020(m): 5:51pm On Oct 21, 2021
enemyofprogress:
Boat of them are very dangerous if well actualised
I agree.
Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by jesusjnr2020(m): 5:52pm On Oct 21, 2021
iscom:
All potent
True.
Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:37am On Oct 25, 2021
azammi:
Fasting is more potent as it’s crucify the flesh and give way for the spirit
I agree bro.

Thanks.
Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:38am On Oct 26, 2021
Komu1048:

Please what can u recommend for an ulcer patient
I would also recommend fasting for you, if not dry then wet fast. But before you begin, commit your fasting into God's hands, and ask Him to see you through the fast. it's also important that it is being done according to its purpose, that is, that you are obedient to God's Word, because that would determine if it works of not.

It could also lead to your healing.

God bless.
Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:30am On Oct 27, 2021
FahBuLous:
Please I want to ask the Daddies and mummies in the house...
If someone doesn't have food to eat and decides to use that opportunity to fast, is that still considered fasting?? Will it still be potent??
Help a brother please...
It actually depends on you, because God has made people to lack food before, for instance, His people Israel, so that they'd fast and not live by bread alone, but by His Word.

So the most important thing is that the purpose of fasting which is the obedience of God's Word is accomplished in your life. That's actually what determines how potent your fasts are.

God bless.
Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by FahBuLous: 12:48pm On Oct 27, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
It actually depends on you, because God has made people to lack food before, for instance, His people Israel, so that they'd fast and not live by bread alone, but by His Word.

So the most important thing is that the purpose of fasting which is the obedience of God's Word is accomplished in your life. That's actually what determines how potent your fasts are.

God bless.
You cleared me up... That is very understandable... Thank you very much sir .
God bless you too...

1 Like

Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by kenny714433(m): 7:14pm On Nov 01, 2021
Midnight prayer?
Yeah! By then, maybe God must have started midnight shift of answering prayers for those with Greenwich Meridian Time.

So at that moment, anyone in the USA or same time zone will have to wait till their own midnight.

Protestants have diluted christianity. Its so sad.
Re: Which Is More Potent? Fasting Or Midnight Prayers? by Kobojunkie: 11:30pm On Nov 01, 2021
kenny714433:
Midnight prayer?
Yeah! By then, maybe God must have started midnight shift of answering prayers for those with Greenwich Meridian Time.

So at that moment, anyone in the USA or same time zone will have to wait till their own midnight.

Protestants have diluted christianity. Its so sad.
ROFLMAO
grin cheesy grin wink cheesy cheesy wink cheesy cheesy cheesy grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To End Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa – TB Joshua / Reno Omokri Visits Cappadocia Caves Where Christians Hid From Persecution / Church Members Give Their Offerings At The Feet Of Their Pastor In Ghana (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.