Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:02 AM

Government Pays $50,000 Ransom To Bandits To Retrieve Antiaircraft Gun - WSJ - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Government Pays $50,000 Ransom To Bandits To Retrieve Antiaircraft Gun - WSJ (35631 Views)

Buhari’s Government Pays Ex-Militants N2.63bn As Stipends In 2 Months - ICIR / Shekau: Allah Said Boko Haram Should Kill. Invites Bandits To Join Group / Coronavirus: Edo Government Pays Workers March Salaries To Cushion Effects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Government Pays $50,000 Ransom To Bandits To Retrieve Antiaircraft Gun - WSJ by jaystefan: 2:07pm On Oct 17, 2021
have this in mind your stupid BIAFRA haters
one thing I know for sure is fulani can not killing again in south east and south south you wanna know why
unknown gun men are there well armed
BIAFRA national league are there well armed
ESN is there well armed
BIAFRA national guard is there well armed
when was the last time you heard fulani killed an igbo man

by the time terrorist organization owned and created by politician is done with nigeria you people will beg for an exit
by then BIAFRA have gotten their independence

1 Like

Re: Government Pays $50,000 Ransom To Bandits To Retrieve Antiaircraft Gun - WSJ by wallrichy: 2:11pm On Oct 17, 2021
Northerners are bunch of smelling maggots ridden terrorists. I mean all northerners from that middle belt of devil to that topmost Northern Sahel of Satan. How come it's only people from the southern region that are always showing so much concern for the cruelty been melted on the Northern region by their own people despite the fact that the Southern region is better off in terms of security....it's still those northerners that will come to the southern region to inflicts their culture of atrocities like rape, kidnapping, Banditry and killing on the peaceful south. How can a region be overly permeable to the most terrible and hideous crimes known to mankind and the junkyard of people of the northern region accommodates, nurture and progress in it without complaining. Being a parasitic region of no advantage is something we can manage afterall, atleast we can afford to have dogs, feed the dogs daily even if the dogs aren't of benefits to us.....but this north that we have always feed, pampered but show no appreciation and always wanting to kill and destroy the south region so that they can come and occupy the south is a real deal to be concerned about.... These people of northern region are lepers and hate to see anything good in other people talkless of their own people....it's high time the Northerners stop supporting Buhari, Boko Harams, Bandits and shout on top of their voice that they are being killed every second by Buhari and his associates herdmens etc...You need to blow your trumpet instead of pretense and allow the southern region to be doing that for you....Northerners showing dismay to these atrocities can be counted in tens while Southerners showing dismay are in thousands....nobody says it better than the victims.....

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Government Pays $50,000 Ransom To Bandits To Retrieve Antiaircraft Gun - WSJ by executive12: 2:15pm On Oct 17, 2021
SALIMAN:
A very simple logic to retrieve in this tech world
Simple

1. Mount a tracker on it to stay on radar to fish out the locations it was taken to.

2. Plant an explosive device connect3d to a central data base for instance of losing it , can be easily detonate

Who is with me

So you expect a country that can not generate electricity to do all these?
Re: Government Pays $50,000 Ransom To Bandits To Retrieve Antiaircraft Gun - WSJ by Guide777(m): 2:18pm On Oct 17, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://punchng.com/tragic-coas-10-others-dead-as-plane-crashes-in-kaduna-bad-weather/%3Famp&ved=2ahUKEwjktfi2wdHzAhWBAGMBHa2KDaMQFnoECA8QAQ&usg=AOvVaw3hxMGaM5bmRP7w75cptRQ8&ampcf=1
Even though the headline say the cause of crash is bad weather. But if you read the report well, you will understand that the journalist was assuming it was caused by heavy rain
Re: Government Pays $50,000 Ransom To Bandits To Retrieve Antiaircraft Gun - WSJ by Nobody: 2:20pm On Oct 17, 2021
Guide777:

Even though the headline say the cause of crash is bad weather. But if you read the report well, you will understand that the journalist was assuming it was caused by heavy rain
Good!

I'm sure you will stop thinking it was shot down now.
Re: Government Pays $50,000 Ransom To Bandits To Retrieve Antiaircraft Gun - WSJ by executive12: 2:21pm On Oct 17, 2021
Coronabirus:

There are people who are known for having hands in insecurity in the North. One of them is PDP member from Zamfara state, he was part of the team that lead NSO later dissolved to NIA, DIA and DSS. He was army General and knows Nigerian security may be more than everyone. He is PDP card bearer, has gold mining company in Zamfara, he was was all over OBJ, GEJ and Yar'adua, the security of Nigeria is on the hand of that man. He so intelligent enough to leave no trace to his atrocities, if u take him to court u will just be telling govt hear-say evidence but hardly u can present concrete evidence that can prove him guilty of the case he may be charged. He may later demand huge money for defamation of character, he commands respect in PDP, they found the party and if arrested many ignorants will allege political arrest. Not only him, Nigeria is in the hands of her enemies who have no conscience nor sense of patriotism. I always pity the poor masses who are so brainwashed to only think abt ethno-religious politics.
For instance, how can the failure of PMB drag his tribe into his case?
Why the fault of Muslims or Christian leader affect the faith he belongs to?
If we really know how those people who open their dirty mouth to spread hates are sponsored to use sociocultural group to divide people we would never support them for a second.
I pity Nigerian masses, they are delusional, ill informed, dogmatic with no consciousness to ponder well abt their situation.

Just talking nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Government Pays $50,000 Ransom To Bandits To Retrieve Antiaircraft Gun - WSJ by Guide777(m): 2:26pm On Oct 17, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
Good!

I'm sure you will stop thinking it was shot down now.
No I won't until convinced otherwise.
Re: Government Pays $50,000 Ransom To Bandits To Retrieve Antiaircraft Gun - WSJ by wallrichy: 2:27pm On Oct 17, 2021
I can bet this fact with you EjaNla, that timid Fulani General we call Nigeria president (Muhammad Buhari) wouldn't dare travel to Katsina or any neighbouring states for a long time if not till his woeful career ends.

Presently, his tail is stuck right in between his legs cos he's so afraid. If there is any opportunity of faking sickness to go abroad this time....that might be till the end of his unfortunate ruling of Nigeria...He is not a general as widely acclaimed but general in ranks and not in action and principle. He's just a lucky man to have gotten the supports of Tunde Idiagbon etc..who were taking charge and putting things right while the tribal bigot Buhari dwelled in Nepotism and charlatans thoughts and deeds. Probably he's thinking of ways to escape from Nigeria now....

EjaNla19:
What is this? So these people are actually stronger than our national defense� So scary... We should all be worried, every single Nigerian... very worried at that.

That these guys have the capacity to bring down a Presidential aircraft and have to be paid by authorities not to shouldn't be cruise to anybody. It's actually scary. Wahala tii wa o
Re: Government Pays $50,000 Ransom To Bandits To Retrieve Antiaircraft Gun - WSJ by Gandollar(f): 2:49pm On Oct 17, 2021
Aufbauh:
Quite shameful and pathetic!
It's an open secret that so many big players and top military men are involved in this sham.

It is my candid opinion to say that insecurity in Northern Nigeria is one of the biggest medium used by politicians and the military to enrich themselves. It is their own oil money.

Your own is just to shout until it becomes traditional something.
Re: Government Pays $50,000 Ransom To Bandits To Retrieve Antiaircraft Gun - WSJ by redsun(m): 2:51pm On Oct 17, 2021
This can't be true. If it's true, it means the country has literally gone back centuries to the time of usman.
Re: Government Pays $50,000 Ransom To Bandits To Retrieve Antiaircraft Gun - WSJ by UnabashedIPOB: 2:53pm On Oct 17, 2021
In some instances, government officials in[b] Africa’s most populous nation have been paying the gangs to return stolen weapons and kidnapped personnel[/b], according to confidential documents and interviews with senior military officials, soldiers and independent mediators, and one of the gang leaders.

“If they don’t pay, we kill them,” said Shehu Rekeb, a militant leader in Zamfara state, in a phone interview. His men were herdsmen, he said, who had been mistreated by the state and subjected to arbitrary arrests. Once armed with machetes, they now have weapons on par with the military and collaborators inside the army, he claimed.

Nigeria’s government—still battling Islamic State militants in the northeast—refers to the lesser-known criminal groups in its northwest as “bandits.” But soldiers, intelligence officers and mediators who have visited their camps describe a surfeit of munitions. Those include more antiaircraft guns acquired since the mission to buy one back.

“Criminal factions appear to be better equipped with larger-capacity advanced weaponry than national security agencies,” said a confidential internal report presented to the president in July.

The EVIL you SOW is the EVIL you REAP! That MONSTER you had CREATED would SWALLOW you WHOLE! This is just the beginning...you have NOT seen nothing yet!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Government Pays $50,000 Ransom To Bandits To Retrieve Antiaircraft Gun - WSJ by bassammy: 2:57pm On Oct 17, 2021
Damn. How did we get here?
Re: Government Pays $50,000 Ransom To Bandits To Retrieve Antiaircraft Gun - WSJ by Noxico(m): 3:03pm On Oct 17, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
It can only shoot down planes within is range.

Only a SAM can take out a presidential jet easily.
wats d full meaning of SAM

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Government Pays $50,000 Ransom To Bandits To Retrieve Antiaircraft Gun - WSJ by Nobody: 3:07pm On Oct 17, 2021
Noxico:
wats d full meaning of SAM
Surface To Air Missile

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Government Pays $50,000 Ransom To Bandits To Retrieve Antiaircraft Gun - WSJ by turkeyman: 3:14pm On Oct 17, 2021
If keep fooling yourself the plane go de sky forever Na, e no come down come perch when I?
DubaiLandLord:
What kind of Anti Aircraft Gun is in the possession of the Bandits that can threaten GMB aircraft?

I find it so hard to believe this news.

Except they have a SAM, no anti aircraft gun can take down any of the presidential jets cause of how high they do fly.
Re: Government Pays $50,000 Ransom To Bandits To Retrieve Antiaircraft Gun - WSJ by Picker28: 3:18pm On Oct 17, 2021
grin grin grin grin grin
Una shame de shame me
Re: Government Pays $50,000 Ransom To Bandits To Retrieve Antiaircraft Gun - WSJ by fineguy11(m): 3:20pm On Oct 17, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
What kind of Anti Aircraft Gun is in the possession of the Bandits that can threaten GMB aircraft?

Except they have a SAM, no anti aircraft gun can take down any of the presidential jets cause of how high they do fly.
chopper
Re: Government Pays $50,000 Ransom To Bandits To Retrieve Antiaircraft Gun - WSJ by smileyoo: 3:25pm On Oct 17, 2021
this is pathetic, this means that whatever weapons the developed world sold to this bubu's strange government, is not safe in the hands of this compromised govt security agents, but could fall into the hands of these happy and devious terrorists, this same govt choose to call bandits, business men doing business with the lives of Nigeria kids.
this APC govt is indeed downgrading Nigeria and nigerians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Government Pays $50,000 Ransom To Bandits To Retrieve Antiaircraft Gun - WSJ by perestroika19: 3:26pm On Oct 17, 2021
Coronabirus:

There are people who are known for having hands in insecurity in the North. One of them is PDP member from Zamfara state, he was part of the team that lead NSO later dissolved to NIA, DIA and DSS. He was army General and knows Nigerian security may be more than everyone. He is PDP card bearer, has gold mining company in Zamfara, he was was all over OBJ, GEJ and Yar'adua, the security of Nigeria is on the hand of that man. He so intelligent enough to leave no trace to his atrocities, if u take him to court u will just be telling govt hear-say evidence but hardly u can present concrete evidence that can prove him guilty of the case he may be charged. He may later demand huge money for defamation of character, he commands respect in PDP, they found the party and if arrested many ignorants will allege political arrest. Not only him, Nigeria is in the hands of her enemies who have no conscience nor sense of patriotism. I always pity the poor masses who are so brainwashed to only think abt ethno-religious politics.
For instance, how can the failure of PMB drag his tribe into his case?
Why the fault of Muslims or Christian leader affect the faith he belongs to?
If we really know how those people who open their dirty mouth to spread hates are sponsored to use sociocultural group to divide people we would never support them for a second.
I pity Nigerian masses, they are delusional, ill informed, dogmatic with no consciousness to ponder well abt their situation.
Aliyu Mohammed Gusau. Buhari won't touch him even with a long rope. He's the architect of our military complex. The boys are loyal to him

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Government Pays $50,000 Ransom To Bandits To Retrieve Antiaircraft Gun - WSJ by SALIMAN(m): 3:37pm On Oct 17, 2021
executive12:

So you expect a country that can not generate electricity to do all these?

Electricity is less concern with this

Tracker is less than 30k per piece
With mobile operators
Re: Government Pays $50,000 Ransom To Bandits To Retrieve Antiaircraft Gun - WSJ by babzo(m): 4:03pm On Oct 17, 2021
DubaiLandLord:

He goes by helicopter to Daura.

1 Like

Re: Government Pays $50,000 Ransom To Bandits To Retrieve Antiaircraft Gun - WSJ by Rolly22(m): 4:07pm On Oct 17, 2021
cc:Oyiboupdate
cc:Helenius
cc:Udele1
ZOMBIES don't avoid this thread ohh
Re: Government Pays $50,000 Ransom To Bandits To Retrieve Antiaircraft Gun - WSJ by preciousmetals: 4:10pm On Oct 17, 2021
Nigeria is gone, no remedy, even Nigeria media cannot report anything again, such an important news like this you can only read it from foreign media, sorry for this zoo called Nigeria
Re: Government Pays $50,000 Ransom To Bandits To Retrieve Antiaircraft Gun - WSJ by tofolo(m): 4:11pm On Oct 17, 2021
DubaiLandLord:

it can be taken out while landing.
Re: Government Pays $50,000 Ransom To Bandits To Retrieve Antiaircraft Gun - WSJ by sirp9898(m): 5:15pm On Oct 17, 2021
If it is ipob unity beggers will be telling the govt to kill them all
They are torrist
Re: Government Pays $50,000 Ransom To Bandits To Retrieve Antiaircraft Gun - WSJ by Nobody: 5:54pm On Oct 17, 2021
executive12:

Just talking nonsense.

because u know nothing, ur head is filled with hatred. I know more than u can think, I don't dwell on ethno-religious pulpits that is full of hates for my information... So get out of my way....
Re: Government Pays $50,000 Ransom To Bandits To Retrieve Antiaircraft Gun - WSJ by chaloskyx: 6:26pm On Oct 17, 2021
ONE NIGERIA NAIRALANDERS HOPE YOU ARE HAPPY WITH THE WAY YOUR COUNTRY KEEPS DISGRACING YOU. KEEP IT UP. YOUR COUNTRY IS A ZOO
Re: Government Pays $50,000 Ransom To Bandits To Retrieve Antiaircraft Gun - WSJ by BreakingNews21: 6:57pm On Oct 17, 2021
Update from Uncle Deji News.

https:///UncleDejiNews/155

Re: Government Pays $50,000 Ransom To Bandits To Retrieve Antiaircraft Gun - WSJ by BreakingNews21: 7:01pm On Oct 17, 2021
The heading of the news rebuttal report.

Re: Government Pays $50,000 Ransom To Bandits To Retrieve Antiaircraft Gun - WSJ by UnabashedIPOB: 7:06pm On Oct 17, 2021
A kidnapping gang encamped in Nigeria’s Rugu forest had seized an antiaircraft gun in a clash with a military unit. That posed a threat to President Muhammadu Buhari, who had been planning to fly to his hometown about 80 miles away, and the government needed to buy it back.

Now, all of you Presidiot B0K0HARI apologists, Social Media Almajiris and Unity beggars, this is your ONE LIEGERIA. This story would have been laughable if it wasn't true. For all you M0R0NS that are still clamoring for one country, I would say to you, "You're the MOST FOOLISH person the world has ever known." I pray that as you wish that the lives of innocent citizens be destroyed by staying in Nigeria, so shall it be for you and your generations. Destruction, Sadness and Mourning should remain in your household forever!
Re: Government Pays $50,000 Ransom To Bandits To Retrieve Antiaircraft Gun - WSJ by UnabashedIPOB: 7:11pm On Oct 17, 2021
BreakingNews21:
The heading of the news rebuttal report.

The TERRORIST FULANI government of LIEGERIA can deny the story all it wants but we know the story is true. We have crossed this bridge before where it denied a story only to turn around and grudgingly admitted it.
Re: Government Pays $50,000 Ransom To Bandits To Retrieve Antiaircraft Gun - WSJ by Chigold101(m): 7:20pm On Oct 17, 2021
DubaiLandLord:

Are you serious about this?

How high would Buhari's plane fly that it won't land in his state when he visits home?

Abi hanger dey for air?

Just asking oh.

But anyways, the army will write their own post against this post today or tomorrow grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nollywood Star, Ex-commissioner At War Over Enugu Reps Ticket / Lagos Governorship Debate: Candidate Performace Ratings By Premium Times / May My Children And I Be Like Bola Ahmed Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.