Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,923 members, 7,806,684 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:44 PM

My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years (57689 Views)

Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? / My Marriage Of 10 Months Is Gradually Crashing / Man To End Marriage Of 16 Years With His Wife After Discovering Her Real Age (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by KingWarri: 6:26pm On Oct 17, 2021
Xj2020:

My question is what could possibly make a man thrown in the towel and walk out of his marriage after so many years together?

I will like to know.
Peace of mind...

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by lomprico(m): 6:27pm On Oct 17, 2021
Xj2020:
He is a very principled man. Very religious and doesn't play with his God been a devoted Muslim. Extremely rich and bless with four grown up children with the second of his children getting married in a month time.

He retired from the bank 2 years ago having risen to the pinnacle of his career in the banking industry having served in different capacities for almost 35 years.

Yes, the wife is uncultured and ill-mannered. He knows already and has been managing her all these years.

He is presently in court seeking to divorce his wife and has vowed that nothing would stop him from divorcing his wife.

My question is what could possibly make a man thrown in the towel and walk out of his marriage after so many years together?

I will like to know.

go and ask him! are we his PA?
sebi na your uncle.
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by efficiencie(m): 6:27pm On Oct 17, 2021
Xj2020:
He is a very principled man. Very religious and doesn't play with his God been a devoted Muslim. Extremely rich and bless with four grown up children with the second of his children getting married in a month time.

He retired from the bank 2 years ago having risen to the pinnacle of his career in the banking industry having served in different capacities for almost 35 years.

Yes, the wife is uncultured and ill-mannered. He knows already and has been managing her all these years.

He is presently in court seeking to divorce his wife and has vowed that nothing would stop him from divorcing his wife.

I will like to know.

His wife is uncultured and ill mannered all these years and he put up with it? So he has been sleeping with and breeding an uncultured and ill mannered lady for decades and he is just realizing now that he needs a divorce? There's more to this than meets the eyes!

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by Nobody: 6:29pm On Oct 17, 2021
So far is your uncle you can ask him the question you asked us
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by sabreal: 6:30pm On Oct 17, 2021
[

You are the one that can answer this question not social media.

He is your uncle. Let elders in your family intervene if you feel like saving the marriage.

But make sure its not life threatening.

On a second thought. Given your account that the wife is I'll mannered, its possible that your uncle has seen well mannered your lady that give him all he needs. But for a marriage of over 3 decades. What he needs after retirement is rest of mind.

Let elders in the family or senior person s from his religion circle intervene.

quote author=Xj2020 post=106809796]He is a very principled man. Very religious and doesn't play with his God been a devoted Muslim. Extremely rich and bless with four grown up children with the second of his children getting married in a month time.

I will like to know.[/quote]
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by Ayemileto(m): 6:32pm On Oct 17, 2021
Sonnobax15:
Exactly sis..To the extent that an owner of 2 duplex,an hostel,two bungalows and a shopping mall now has to packed to a room & palour apartment just for peace to reign...this life en.

Are you sure they are really his children?

Did he do DNA test? shocked
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by Nobody: 6:32pm On Oct 17, 2021
Saintmary:
It's all well and good to speculate about this family.
But, let's consider these:

What did this man do with his energetic years?
Was he a present dad or the 'drop money' type?
Was he a faithful husband?
Was he peaceful with his family when he was the sole authority?
How can 6 people gang up against you without an exception? (Is the mother's juju that strong?)
He decided, unilaterally, to sell a property without considering his family's opinion, is that the right thing to do?

I personally suspect that he has an away child or children somewhere and the main family is already fighting for property early before his expected demise.
Else, why would he file for divorce on a whim if he doesn't have options hidden somewhere?

P. S. Nigerians always tell women to endure horrible marriages, but when it comes to men?
'he needs peace of mind' becomes the mantra.

Permission to sell his own property?

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by NOETHNICITY(m): 6:32pm On Oct 17, 2021
sisisioge:

He seek peace now that he is retired and likely to spend more time at home. Back in the days, he could easily escape to work while she does her wahala but now that his bones are growing tired and not able to easily escape, he needs to find someone who understands the importance of peaceful cohabitation or close shop on company.

By the way, it's not a gender monopoly, we all want peace now and always. I had some encounter with a fighting couple some 2 days ago and was scared to my marrow. Na real wa....why are people fighting biko! Whew!
I think you have a perfect understanding of how it works already.
Me,I have a sanctuary where I go to cool my head most times since I don't drink and socialize
No woman can give me HBP
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by Oyiboman69: 6:32pm On Oct 17, 2021
Joydan95:

One small girl has deceived him, he has decided to focus more on his wife’s weaknesses. He feels he will be more happy with the small girl but he will get the shocker of his life

Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by Moony45: 6:37pm On Oct 17, 2021
He doesnt want to spend the rest of his retirement with a miserable wife that will send him to his early grave
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by brownemmanuel43(m): 6:38pm On Oct 17, 2021
peepydelano:
Some women no be am at all,I have a very good woman for your uncle,very good woman.Hola. No time he deserves to be happy for the rest of his life.
Every pensioner deserves to be happy before joining his ancestors

2 Likes

Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by Lastmankc(m): 6:39pm On Oct 17, 2021
I dey fear marriage like mad
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by zinaunreal(m): 6:39pm On Oct 17, 2021
It's not easy my brother. One punnah for 30 years
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by neonly: 6:40pm On Oct 17, 2021
NobleSeed:
My question is what could possibly make a man thrown in the tower and walk out of his marriage after so many years together? I will like to know.
FOR HIS PEACE OF MIND

Dat a million questions dat need a millions answer
One old told me onetime dat if a man can successful train his children to success level d wife go der pray make d man die so she can
It really sad now dat we dont have wives again but Jezebel most men in dis forums have der own shares in dis problems at home it just take d grace of Jehovah to survive from dis so call gender in dis our generation
Rather than asking why yur uncle is trowing in d towel now just try and console him that he tried all dis years

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by Bridget95(f): 6:40pm On Oct 17, 2021
He wants young blood.
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by Lightorder: 6:41pm On Oct 17, 2021
Mrkumareze:
He's retired, mostly staying at home with the wife. Now he has seen her failures, he knows there's no chance of living long with such a woman..
In cases like this, I would advise such a man to build a different house for the wife, they have gotten matured children so divorcing isn't the best.
you are right
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by Lewandoski20(m): 6:42pm On Oct 17, 2021
He probably could endure the wife’s of excesses because he was going to work and had some kind of distractions. Now retired, he’s constantly having to deal with a nagging woman. He wants to elongate his life a little. He can’t come and kill himself when h should be enjoying retirement benefits.
Madam see you see door.
grin grin grin

Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by OChimex: 6:43pm On Oct 17, 2021
Xj2020:

I will like to know.

You have uncle that is walking out of marriage u no ask him, na we wey never walk in or preparing to walking or just walked in you dey ask?

Mr, your uncle is in a better position to answer you that.
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by mybas: 6:44pm On Oct 17, 2021
Xj2020:

I will like to know.

Can you pls link me up with your uncle, I can help him with a retirement plan that can give him a financial peace of mind.
Thank you
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by vickydevoka(m): 6:44pm On Oct 17, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
The same thing is currently happening to my uncle..To the extent that he even wanted to sell one of his duplex but his children and wife collaborated and even had to beat my uncle to coma....... imagine father wey send all him four out of 5 sons to go and study for the U.K.......
My uncle is currently filing for divorce at this moment,but the woman dey vow say if my uncle venture leave her,say my uncle go see pepper....
Ur uncle no wan sell am. When my papa sell en land we no no. If ur uncle wan sell am him for sell am since

2 Likes

Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by Missy89(f): 6:44pm On Oct 17, 2021
How is this your business exactly?
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by Badguy77(m): 6:44pm On Oct 17, 2021
How do we know?
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by Nobody: 6:47pm On Oct 17, 2021
Xj2020:

I will like to know.
you've painted a picture that points to a likely answer. Why are you still asking for answers?
Don't be favourably biased towards your uncle. There are 3 sides to a story.
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by Trajan(m): 6:47pm On Oct 17, 2021
Conpat:

This is happening in my own family right now. My mother was always telling my older brother that our father's house was his own.She will say things like do you want to spoil the kitchen sink and block the drainage system, don't you know this house is yours.

My mother was always talking with my older brother in private and filling his head with only god knows what.My brother will misbehave and when confronted he will fight with my older sisters and be saying things like do and go marry, this is not your house. You have married, go to your husband's house I don't know what you are looking for here

Today he is over 40 and still living in our father's house with our parents. My father was telling me that to even buy bread or gas in the house he does not, yet he works. I think he is waiting for the day our father will die so the house can go to him like he has was told over the years.My father has never said anything about the house being his own or talked about a will or inheritance, but mother and son since decided who is getting the house.

I like my mother she is honestly not a bad person just flawed but this thing you have talked about is so real and I don't know if some mothers do it knowingly or unknowingly. She has now seen how her 2 male children are useless and not helpful, last month I sent her some money and she was thanking and blessing me saying it is we the female children that are actually helpful. I said to myself so it is now you know.

I pray I don't make the same mistakes with my own sons. Me and my sisters want to put money together to renovate the house for our parents comfort but one is not very interested and she has been asking, why should we spend money renovating a house for our brother to come and inherit. He is not even the first born child.

Sorry for the long talk, your post just triggered me to talk. I also support what you said on another thread about training children to be independent and responsible enough to hustle their success instead of fighting over inheritance and fathers properties. I have noticed that it is mainly male children who do this dragging of inheritance and fighting for property
Thank you indeed for sharing your story. Sadly, a large number of families are dysfunctional and probably worse in this aspect. This is a sad reality!

2 Likes

Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by NgwalandAbia(m): 6:49pm On Oct 17, 2021
@op, your uncle should call for DNA test
.. advise him.
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by mariahAngel(f): 6:49pm On Oct 17, 2021
ngpatriotz:
30years, after all the commitments on flimsy excuseor did he just discovered the kids are not his

Our existence is too valuable to waste.
If we must share it with someone, let it be someone who will make it worth our every while.
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by Nobody: 6:50pm On Oct 17, 2021
Eeya, it's well with the family. Most marriages have expiry date...but at 30 will be full of regrets for the man cus the children would be with the mum more while the man would be damn lonely. He better re-trace his steps!
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by PeachtreeReside(f): 6:50pm On Oct 17, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
The same thing is currently happening to my uncle..To the extent that he even wanted to sell one of his duplex but his children and wife collaborated and even had to beat my uncle to coma....... imagine father wey send all him four out of 5 sons to go and study for the U.K.......
My uncle is currently filing for divorce at this moment,but the woman dey vow say if my uncle venture leave her,say my uncle go see pepper....

If I were your uncle, I will not leave 1 curtain to those kids.

Let him go ahead and sell the house and build a retirement home and make plans for his burial like Gani Fawehinmi did!

Did the wife contribute to the assets for her to have that effontery to say he should leave it for the kids?

Uncle should sell everything and relocate to the village!!!!!!!!

Beating the dad over his own sweat? ARRANT NONESENSE!!!

3 Likes

Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by cococandy(f): 6:50pm On Oct 17, 2021
Lmao
You’d think he created brains and common sense for a reason. But no.
Klass99:

I like to think even God becomes silent to certain prayers, while wishing we would use our brains to think then act, instead of working his last nerve, with incessant religious regiments.

2 Likes

Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by ofiko123(m): 6:52pm On Oct 17, 2021
mardis:
Another example is Bill and Melinda Gates

What happened to bill and melinda gate??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Mother Buys Ford Mustang For Her Son For His 21st Birthday (Photos) / Hilarious Photo: How Birthdays Are Celebrated In The Village / Wife Of One Month Jumps Fence After Her Husband Demanded For Her SIM Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.