Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,829 members, 7,806,329 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:50 PM

Are We Expected To Exercise Blind Faith? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are We Expected To Exercise Blind Faith? (2015 Views)

Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) / The End Has Already Come Sooner Than We Expected. / Blind Faith in Jesus Christ ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are We Expected To Exercise Blind Faith? by LordReed(m): 8:06pm On Mar 18, 2023
Kobojunkie:
God constituted two Nations in scripture and handed the people Constitutions in each

■ The Nation of Israel in the Land of Canaan which He gave to the people of Israel - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20
■ His special Nation of Priests which He made of the people of Israel - Exodus 19 vs 6 - aka the Kingdom of God

For each of these, He designed a constitution/agreement which He then handed to the people mandating they obey/abide by, and abiding by the constitution of the land/Nation one belongs to is essentially what it means to live by faith. undecided

Doesn't answer the question:
LordReed:

Why do I need to trust the Constitution of the Land?
Re: Are We Expected To Exercise Blind Faith? by Kobojunkie: 8:10pm On Mar 18, 2023
LordReed:
■ Doesn't answer the question:
1. You don't need to do any of it if you don't care for it even if you are of His Israel. God didn't impose His Will, Jesus Christ, on any man. undecided
Re: Are We Expected To Exercise Blind Faith? by LordReed(m): 8:25pm On Mar 18, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. You don't need to do any of it if you don't care for it even if you are of His Israel. God didn't impose His Will, Jesus Christ, on any man. undecided

Yes but why do I need to care if I want to?
Re: Are We Expected To Exercise Blind Faith? by Kobojunkie: 8:27pm On Mar 18, 2023
LordReed:
■ Yes but why do I need to care if I want to?
1. You are asking me to give you a reason for why you would want to seek God? Is that it? undecided
Re: Are We Expected To Exercise Blind Faith? by LordReed(m): 8:32pm On Mar 18, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. You are asking me to give you a reason for why you would want to seek God? Is that it? undecided

No. You said faith is trusting the Constitution of the Land and then I asked why I should trust the Constitution of the Land you say I don't have to if I don't care. Well we are at why I should care, why should I care enough to trust the Constitution of the Land?
Re: Are We Expected To Exercise Blind Faith? by Kobojunkie: 8:34pm On Mar 18, 2023
LordReed:
■ No. You said faith is trusting the Constitution of the Land and then I asked why I should trust the Constitution of the Land you say I don't have to if I don't care. Well we are at why I should care, why should I care enough to trust the Constitution of the Land?
1. Do you abide by the Law of the Land in which you currently live? undecided
Re: Are We Expected To Exercise Blind Faith? by LordReed(m): 8:43pm On Mar 18, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Do you abide by the Law of the Land in which you currently live? undecided

Yes.
Re: Are We Expected To Exercise Blind Faith? by Kobojunkie: 8:46pm On Mar 18, 2023
LordReed:
Yes.
Why? undecided
Re: Are We Expected To Exercise Blind Faith? by LordReed(m): 8:53pm On Mar 18, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Why? undecided

So that I don't get in trouble.
Re: Are We Expected To Exercise Blind Faith? by Kobojunkie: 8:58pm On Mar 18, 2023
LordReed:
■ So that I don't get in trouble.
1. OK. You trust that by abiding by the Law of the land you won't get into trouble. It is about the same when one who is of the Kingdom of God abides by the Law too. Followers of Jesus Christ also trust and obey the Constitution because it is the only way to reap the benefits of the Law. Abiding by the Law is what Faith is. undecided
Re: Are We Expected To Exercise Blind Faith? by LordReed(m): 10:29pm On Mar 18, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. OK. You trust that by abiding by the Law of the land you won't get into trouble. It is about the same when one who is of the Kingdom of God abides by the Law too. undecided

Trust doesn't play a role in the calculation. I am not trusting that the police will incarcerate me for breaking the law.
Re: Are We Expected To Exercise Blind Faith? by Kobojunkie: 10:30pm On Mar 18, 2023
LordReed:
Trust doesn't play a role in the calculation. I am not trusting that the police will incarcerate me for breaking the law.
You trust that when you abide by the Law, the police will have no reason to incarcerate you, yes? undecided
Re: Are We Expected To Exercise Blind Faith? by LordReed(m): 10:38pm On Mar 18, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You trust that when you abide by the Law, the police will have no reason to incarcerate you, yes? undecided

No. Absence of a thing is not the same as presence of the thing. That I don't trust that the police will incarcerate me for breaking the law doesn't mean I trust they wouldn't incarcerate me for not breaking the law. There simply is no place for trust in this operation.
Re: Are We Expected To Exercise Blind Faith? by Kobojunkie: 10:44pm On Mar 18, 2023
LordReed:
■ No. Absence of a thing is not the same as presence of the thing. That I don't trust that the police will incarcerate me for breaking the law doesn't mean I trust they wouldn't incarcerate me for not breaking the law. There simply is no place for trust in this operation.
1. I don't follow! undecided

According to you, you abide by the Law of the land in order that you don't get in trouble. That means you trust that by doing A (abiding by the Law of the land), B (you will not get into trouble) follows. undecided
A yields B OR B follows A is an expression of a trust relationship. undecided
Re: Are We Expected To Exercise Blind Faith? by LordReed(m): 10:54pm On Mar 18, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. I don't follow! undecided

According to you, you abide by the Law of the land in order that you don't get in trouble. That means you trust that by doing A (abiding by the Law of the land), B (you will not get into trouble) follows. undecided
A yields B OR B follows A is an expression of a trust relationship. undecided

No. If I jump up I will go up and down. That's it no trust required. Same with the law, no trust is in operation.
Re: Are We Expected To Exercise Blind Faith? by Kobojunkie: 10:59pm On Mar 18, 2023
LordReed:
■ No. If I jump up I will go up and down. That's it no trust required. Same with the law, no trust is in operation.
1. Whether you want to admit that trust exists, doesn't matter. The fact is it does. There are countries out there where abiding by the Law does not guarantee the same safety net you hold to. In such countries, abiding by the Law is a matter of Individual choice and does not come with guarantee of anything really. undecided
Re: Are We Expected To Exercise Blind Faith? by LordReed(m): 11:12pm On Mar 18, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Whether you want to admit that trust exists, doesn't matter. The fact is it does. There are countries out there where abiding by the Law does not guarantee the same safety net you hold to. In such countries, abiding by the Law is a matter of Individual choice and does not come with guarantee of anything really. undecided

I am not saying trust doesn’t exist. I am saying in doesn’t factor into my being law abiding. I don't use trust for inanimate things since their operation is somewhat black and white. For instance I don't trust the device I am typing this on because its either working or its not, it requires no trust to operate. However if when I went to the market to buy it I had to trust the seller when he said it was a brand new device because the sellers actions are not as black and white as the operation of this device. He could have been lying and I wouldn't know but in other to purchase it I had to trust him. I don't do that for the law, there's nothing about the law that needs me to trust it. Maybe I need to trust that the people in charge of the law will carry out their functions but I'd rather not find out so I abide by the law.
Re: Are We Expected To Exercise Blind Faith? by Kobojunkie: 11:16pm On Mar 18, 2023
LordReed:
■ I am not saying trust doesn’t exist. I am saying in doesn’t factor into my being law abiding. I don't use trust for inanimate things since their operation is somewhat black and white. For instance I don't trust the device I am typing this on because its either working or its not, it requires no trust to operate. However if when I went to the market to buy it I had to trust the seller when he said it was a brand new device because the sellers actions are not as black and white as the operation of this device. He could have been lying and I wouldn't know but 8n other to purchase it I had to trust him. I don't do that for the law, there's nothing about the law that needs me to trust it. Maybe I need to trust that the people in charge of the law will carry out their functions but I'd rather not find out so I abide by the law.
Like I already said....Whether you want to admit that trust exists, doesn't matter. The fact is it does. There are countries out there where abiding by the Law does not guarantee the same safety net you hold to. In such countries, abiding by the Law is a matter of Individual choice and does not come with guarantee of anything really. undecided

Trust is essential aspect of our daily lives in much of the west. Before you brought that device for instance, your first consider the trustworthiness of the brand, the model, even the retailer before submitting your hard earned money in exchange for it. We can go on but there really shouldn't be a need for this since any honest being knows this is 101 of daily life. undecided
Re: Are We Expected To Exercise Blind Faith? by LordReed(m): 6:38am On Mar 19, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Like I already said....Whether you want to admit that trust exists, doesn't matter. The fact is it does. There are countries out there where abiding by the Law does not guarantee the same safety net you hold to. In such countries, abiding by the Law is a matter of Individual choice and does not come with guarantee of anything really. undecided

Trust is essential aspect of our daily lives in much of the west. Before you brought that device for instance, your first consider the trustworthiness of the brand, the model, even the retailer before submitting your hard earned money in exchange for it. We can go on but there really shouldn't be a need for this since any honest being knows this is 101 of daily life. undecided

It's like you telling me to trust gravity and friction to keep me walking because they are facts of everyday life. I don't trust them because their operation doesn't require it. I dunno why this is a point of contention for you, I don't use trust for inanimate things. Sometimes it seems you just go on these tangents to avoid answering the questions. You have answered neither of the questions: why should I trust the Constitution of the Land or why should I care to trust the Constitution of the Land. You just went off to "you don't want to admit trust exists" even after I said it does.
Re: Are We Expected To Exercise Blind Faith? by Kobojunkie: 6:39am On Mar 19, 2023
LordReed:
■ It's like you telling me to trust gravity and friction to keep me walking because they are facts of everyday life. I don't trust them because their operation doesn't require it. I dunno why this is a point of contention for you, I don't use trust for inanimate things. Sometimes it seems you just go on these tangents to avoid answering the questions. You have answered neither of the questions: why should I trust the Constitution of the Land or why should I care to trust the Constitution of the Land. You just went off to "you don't want to admit trust exists" even after I said it does.
1. Again....Like I already said...Whether you want to admit that trust exists, doesn't matter. The fact is it does. There are countries out there where abiding by the Law does not guarantee the same safety net you hold to. In such countries, abiding by the Law is a matter of Individual choice and does not come with a guarantee of anything really. undecided

Trust is an essential aspect of our daily lives in much of the west. Before you bought that device, for instance, you first considered the trustworthiness of the brand, the model, and even the retailer before submitting your hard-earned money in exchange for it. We can go on and on for pages on this, but there really shouldn't be a need for that since any honest being knows this is 101 of daily life. undecided
Re: Are We Expected To Exercise Blind Faith? by LordReed(m): 7:02am On Mar 19, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Again....Like I already said...Whether you want to admit that trust exists, doesn't matter. The fact is it does. There are countries out there where abiding by the Law does not guarantee the same safety net you hold to. In such countries, abiding by the Law is a matter of Individual choice and does not come with a guarantee of anything really. undecided

Trust is an essential aspect of our daily lives in much of the west. Before you bought that device, for instance, you first considered the trustworthiness of the brand, the model, and even the retailer before submitting your hard-earned money in exchange for it. We can go on and on for pages on this, but there really shouldn't be a need for that since any honest being knows this is 101 of daily life. undecided

Why doesn't NL have an eye roll emoji.
Re: Are We Expected To Exercise Blind Faith? by Kobojunkie: 7:03am On Mar 19, 2023
LordReed:
■ Why does NL have an eye roll emoji.
1. I don't know! undecided
Re: Are We Expected To Exercise Blind Faith? by Kobojunkie: 3:27pm On Mar 20, 2023
Chai all this figurative expression.
Sadly, that is the product of religion. Rendering of confusion that which is in fact clearly stated in scripture. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Naked Witches Caught Munching On Deer Carcass In Bizarre Security Cam Footage / Igbo Traditional Religion: Odinani / Where There Prophets/religions (monotheism) In Africa B4 Islam Or Christianity.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.