Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,192 members, 7,780,322 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:25 PM

MTN Nigeria Compensates Subscribers For Network Downtime - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Nigeria Compensates Subscribers For Network Downtime (77815 Views)

MTN Apologises For Network Glitch / MTN Announces 7-hour Service Downtime For System Upgrade / Airtel Compensates Customers With 200mb After Downtime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Nigeria Compensates Subscribers For Network Downtime by HonNL: 11:25am On Oct 17, 2021
https://www.nairaland.com/6794435/mtn-subscribers-lament-service-outage

MTN Nigeria Communications Plc has announced compensation for its subscribers to make up for the network disruptions experienced last Saturday.

On Saturday, 9th October 2021, MTN Nigeria users witnessed hours of network disruption caused by an outage that left customers without a connection.

Olutokun Toriola, Chief Executive Officer, MTN Nigeria, apologised again to customers for the inconvenience, stating that new measures were being implemented to mitigate a repeat of such an event.

“On behalf of the entire MTN team, I want to start with a heartfelt apology. We are truly sorry for the disruption this caused for so many in our MTN family. We know that millions of people rely on us to stay connected to their loved ones, to manage their businesses, to coordinate their lives. We take that responsibility, and privilege, very seriously. That’s why we are putting new measures in place to make sure we never experience anything like last Saturday again,” said Toriola.

On the cause of the outage, the CEO stated that it was due to an error that shifted all 4G customers onto the 3G band and impacted the whole network, adding that the technical teams were able to rectify the problem.

“Our technical teams have traced the cause of the problem to an error that shifted all our 4G customers onto the 3G band. This overloaded the 3G band, causing a domino effect that impacted the whole network.

“Our engineers were able to resolve the problem. I know that recently other technology companies have suffered outages. I want to reassure you that last Saturday’s event is in no way connected to those. This wasn’t sabotaged, it was a regrettable error.’’

Beyond extending time-bound subscriptions for its customers and as a way to further compensate its customers, the telecom giant said that customers on the MTN network have received a refund for the data and airtime that they used between 12noon and 7pm on Saturday, 16th October 2021.

“While we can’t give you back the time you lost last Saturday, we can give you back what you spent yesterday. Every customer on the MTN network has received a refund for the data and airtime that they used between 10 am and 3 pm yesterday. We hope it shows how much we value our customers.

“You truly are our most important focus. We all have challenges, each and every one of us – young or old, personally or professionally. What matters is how we respond. With you by our side, we will continue to improve and grow. Thank you for all your support. Thank you for walking with us over the last 20 years. We look forward to the next 20 and more with you,” Toriola stated.

SOURCE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ol33KHtzxgw

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: MTN Nigeria Compensates Subscribers For Network Downtime by PlayMaker14: 11:30am On Oct 17, 2021
Still the best network in Nigeria.

Airtel and Glo still creeping behind.

254 Likes 20 Shares

Re: MTN Nigeria Compensates Subscribers For Network Downtime by Decryptor(m): 11:42am On Oct 17, 2021
When I saw the message, "MTNCEOKARL", I thought to myself that these Yahoo boys don come again but now, this article clears the air.

But why not just apologize and move on?

How the h*ll will they think that refunding a meagre 1mb will make me jump up for joy?

MTN and stinginess. undecided

Szilard:

I think they made a mistake

After I received the message,I checked my data balance...

I saw an extra 400 MB or so

I think they gifted 1gb

I don't think MTN will "throw away" 1Gb to millions of subscribers all in the name of apologizing. That would amount to giving away hundreds of terabytes of data which is the last thing MTN will ever do even on gun point. undecided

It was only 1mb.

209 Likes 19 Shares

Re: MTN Nigeria Compensates Subscribers For Network Downtime by benuejosh: 11:43am On Oct 17, 2021
Nonsense!
So Is it 1MB that Nigerians are worth? For one, I even thought it was some Yahoo guys message.

This is an Insult.

272 Likes 10 Shares

Re: MTN Nigeria Compensates Subscribers For Network Downtime by inoki247: 11:43am On Oct 17, 2021
With 1Mb or what..

Thunder fire them and there compensation...

138 Likes 8 Shares

Re: MTN Nigeria Compensates Subscribers For Network Downtime by phr0nesis(m): 11:43am On Oct 17, 2021
I got 1 mb to expire in 14 days time.
Such generosity.

98 Likes 5 Shares

Re: MTN Nigeria Compensates Subscribers For Network Downtime by MizzAJ: 11:43am On Oct 17, 2021
Okay
Re: MTN Nigeria Compensates Subscribers For Network Downtime by Smokeybrain(m): 11:43am On Oct 17, 2021
Just 1MB.....haba MTN

Hmmmm

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MTN Nigeria Compensates Subscribers For Network Downtime by Klington: 11:43am On Oct 17, 2021
Audio compensation undecided undecided undecided

Where's my own

76 Likes 7 Shares

Re: MTN Nigeria Compensates Subscribers For Network Downtime by Princeadebayo11(m): 11:43am On Oct 17, 2021
I owe them N1,000, they supposed to clear my debt

406 Likes 20 Shares

Re: MTN Nigeria Compensates Subscribers For Network Downtime by Ezemarcel(m): 11:43am On Oct 17, 2021
This is political statement....I used more than 1gig.....

How come you guys gave me 1mb...

The person that gave me the 1mb won't die well

I even lost a business deal how I wished I had other lines

100 Likes 10 Shares

Re: MTN Nigeria Compensates Subscribers For Network Downtime by Greystone: 11:43am On Oct 17, 2021
I received this message but the sharp Nigerian in me thot it was a scam cheesy angry

Wetin I wan carry 1MB do sef?

89 Likes 5 Shares

Re: MTN Nigeria Compensates Subscribers For Network Downtime by Penguin2: 11:43am On Oct 17, 2021
Those motherfuckers sent me 1mb.

Are we jokes to MTN or something?

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: MTN Nigeria Compensates Subscribers For Network Downtime by dhiqson(m): 11:43am On Oct 17, 2021
With 1mb
These people are jokers
Before you open x rated videos def
You'd have given your life to christ grin

81 Likes 3 Shares

Re: MTN Nigeria Compensates Subscribers For Network Downtime by Systrom(m): 11:43am On Oct 17, 2021
I got 1MB compensation grin

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: MTN Nigeria Compensates Subscribers For Network Downtime by posty56: 11:44am On Oct 17, 2021
lol wetin I wan use am do, compensate them with mb.
Re: MTN Nigeria Compensates Subscribers For Network Downtime by glimpse(f): 11:44am On Oct 17, 2021
I was refunded 1MB undecided

Modified:

I just checked my balance and saw compensation balance as 90.63MB. Maybe they sent 100MB.

4 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Compensates Subscribers For Network Downtime by Subzeroad: 11:44am On Oct 17, 2021
Rubbish 1MB
Re: MTN Nigeria Compensates Subscribers For Network Downtime by tuoyoojo(m): 11:44am On Oct 17, 2021
Mctww

See me expecting to see like 2G given free of charge
Re: MTN Nigeria Compensates Subscribers For Network Downtime by NaijaHelper1(m): 11:44am On Oct 17, 2021
Wait 1mb not 1gb as I originally thought. That's bullshit!. I was literally designing on Canva and watching YouTube videos before the outage. How on earth is that 1mb?
I thought for a second MTN has done away with their crooked ways. undecided

9 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Compensates Subscribers For Network Downtime by illicit(m): 11:44am On Oct 17, 2021
undecided
Re: MTN Nigeria Compensates Subscribers For Network Downtime by Bosdem(f): 11:44am On Oct 17, 2021
Ok o
Re: MTN Nigeria Compensates Subscribers For Network Downtime by Lovexme(m): 11:44am On Oct 17, 2021
grin

I'm still here wondering what I'm to do with the 1Megabyte!

7 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Compensates Subscribers For Network Downtime by captainamiedi1: 11:44am On Oct 17, 2021
PlayMaker14:
Still the best network in Nigeria.

Airtel and Glo still creeping behind.

In your dreams. Airtel remain the best in terms of bandwidth for me. I struggle with MTN daily

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: MTN Nigeria Compensates Subscribers For Network Downtime by EjaikreTheViper(f): 11:44am On Oct 17, 2021
It shall not be well with Buhari

2 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Compensates Subscribers For Network Downtime by Onyeka8: 11:44am On Oct 17, 2021
G
Re: MTN Nigeria Compensates Subscribers For Network Downtime by mokoh(m): 11:45am On Oct 17, 2021
I got 650mb

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Nigeria Compensates Subscribers For Network Downtime by Nobody: 11:45am On Oct 17, 2021
This is what I got despite being an MTN prestige customer sad

Jokers!!!

7 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Compensates Subscribers For Network Downtime by opera1(m): 11:45am On Oct 17, 2021
I no see any data ooo

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Complete Nokia Secret Codes, Tips And Tricks / Mark Zuckerberg’s Properties, Cars, $400 Grey Shirts (Pictures) / "I Sent A Samsung Phone From Finland To Nigeria, My Brother Got Biscuit" - Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.