Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

‘Holy Water’ Ruins 10-Year-Old Marriage - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / ‘Holy Water’ Ruins 10-Year-Old Marriage (32518 Views)

15-year Old Marriage Collapses As Husband & Wife Engage In Alleged Adultery / Woman Loses 39-year-old Marriage For Denying Husband Sexual Rights / Man Ends 22-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Trousers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘Holy Water’ Ruins 10-Year-Old Marriage by Obiorahpcfg: 10:49pm On Oct 17, 2021
It's a clear indication that the husband is occultic. The holy water is like a nail in his fore head. Agbayan! Yeye husband
Re: ‘Holy Water’ Ruins 10-Year-Old Marriage by Noblewealth(m): 11:00pm On Oct 17, 2021
The husband only sees the water as the right channel to abscond...

We wey never marry sef, the thing wey we dey hear or read no make the marriage dey attractive to enter...
Re: ‘Holy Water’ Ruins 10-Year-Old Marriage by calcal: 12:58am On Oct 18, 2021
MyExpression:
The main problem is their INCOMPATIBILITIES.
The man was sincere to point this out but it seems a bit too late.

Same issue I'm having with my girlfriend.
Just last month, we discussed bout our incompatibilities and I expected that to be the point where we would let go, but she pressed on on how she can do this and do that. I still wasn't satisfied coz my needs are still not being met.

She is a good gurl with good character but our difference in ideology is boring us out in the rship.

I don't know how to handle this.

This man's case just put fear in my mind...that might be us in some years time.

She's 29yrs; I'm 32, and it would hurt her to just break up like that.

and you might be the problem also, you need to check yourself.
Re: ‘Holy Water’ Ruins 10-Year-Old Marriage by cardoctor(m): 2:49am On Oct 18, 2021
Ordinary water
Re: ‘Holy Water’ Ruins 10-Year-Old Marriage by cooooooks(m): 4:18am On Oct 18, 2021
Not quite true. Even if that happens, one can appeal, theoretically.

The issue is the barrier of entry. I understand divorce proceedings for a middle class family could cost upwards of N500 k.

membranus:

Not in Nigeria, with an African mentality. It is a lawless country. The Judge that will determine your marital case may also be guilty of the same offence.
Re: ‘Holy Water’ Ruins 10-Year-Old Marriage by fizzycozy(m): 6:40am On Oct 18, 2021
I JUST WONDER WHAT IS HAPPENING TO THIS GENERATION.
EVERYONE SEENS TO BE LOOKING FOR THAT OTHER HALF THAT IS 1000% PERFECT.
NO ONE SEEMS TO WANT TO PUT IN A LITTLE EFFORT TO MAKE THINGS WORK THESE DAYS.

JUST LIKE THAT EVERYBODY HAS TURNED TO peaceofmind crooner.
IF IT DISTURBS YOUR PEACE OF MIND AND MENTAL HEALTH THEN JUST LEAVE.
LIKE SO NA SO OUR PARENTS TAKE DEY JAKPA ,I AM NOT SURE WE WOULD MEET THE SOCIETY WE GREW UP IN AS KIDS

BESIDES HOW DOES ONE MEASURE PEACE OF MIND BECAUSE IT NEEDS TO BE CHECKED.
A LOT OF FOLKS HIDING UNDER THIS TO STAY IRRESPONSIBLE.

1 Like

Re: ‘Holy Water’ Ruins 10-Year-Old Marriage by Ofiadiegwu: 8:02am On Oct 18, 2021
MyExpression:

By force?

Na d judge dey their shoes

What kind of barbaric laws do we run in this country.

Court can force them to a 6-month marriage counselling tho.
After which they should get their divorce if things do not improve. One party cannot be forced to stay in marriage. Both lives would be under threat.

You made great point.

But, the Law and the Judge is inclined to save marriage than to dissolve it.

That's why the law prescribes strict grounds upon which only the divorce can be decreed by the court of law.

(Please don't refer to our laws as barbaric).

The only question that needs to be answered is whether or not the marriage in question is statutory marriage or customary

The type of marriage contracted by parties is important when dissolution is brought before the court.

But, Nigerians should marry to stay together and nurture their kids, not just marry and soon begin to call for divorce on trivial grounds.

If "holy water" is the only problem, it means if the water is returned or thrown away, the problem may be over. Or if the husband understand the water does not pose danger to him, his fears may be gone.
Do you really think divorce is the best option?
Consider the lives of the young children whose wellbeing will be adversely affected if the marriage is dissolved...

1 Like

Re: ‘Holy Water’ Ruins 10-Year-Old Marriage by ritzyritus(f): 10:20am On Oct 18, 2021
If you have compatibility issues, it is better to walk away before you consummate that marriage. She may not be best fit for you but she may be for another person.

1 Like

Re: ‘Holy Water’ Ruins 10-Year-Old Marriage by saintmm(m): 11:44am On Oct 18, 2021
MyExpression:
The main problem is their INCOMPATIBILITIES.
The man was sincere to point this out but it seems a bit too late.

Same issue I'm having with my girlfriend.
Just last month, we discussed bout our incompatibilities and I expected that to be the point where we would let go, but she pressed on on how she can do this and do that. I still wasn't satisfied coz my needs are still not being met.

She is a good gurl with good character but our difference in ideology is boring us out in the rship.

I don't know how to handle this.

This man's case just put fear in my mind...that might be us in some years time.

She's 29yrs; I'm 32, and it would hurt her to just break up like that.
It's just relationship, you had seen the red light on. Since her positive does not outweigh her negative to you, one will eventually dump the other.
It's better you are man enough to call it quit now and be happy later than to manage it on and live in depression. You both deserve to live a happy life. So, call it quit now, it may be painful but it will worth it.

I rise

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? / Woman Divorces Husband Over Weak Erection / Woman Reveals How She Dashed Her Husband N500k And What He Did With It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.