Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,873 members, 7,806,491 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:13 PM

3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos (83100 Views)

2023 : We Reject Zoning Of Political Offices - Ebonyi PDP / Omeyele Sowore Is Not Yoruba But Ijaw From Ondo / Sdp's Coalition With APC Not For Political Offices But For Welfare Of Osun -omis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by flokii: 5:06pm On Oct 17, 2021
Three wasted positions that would have been beneficial to Odua sons and daughters.

Remi Tinubu has ties with Delta so the Commissioner guy from Delta is most likely her link.

The Fulani guy is to appease North for 2023. There is no sense in it if you ask me.

13 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by sinkhole: 5:14pm On Oct 17, 2021
adebenson155:

Muyiwa Adekeye-special adviser to el-rufai on media and communications

Saude atoyebi-deputy chief of staff to el-rufai

Rebecca padonu-special assistant to el-rufai , social investment programme

mynd44 seun

lalasticlala

Are you sure those people you listed are not from Kwara or Kogi States? Because if they are, then na fraud!
That Padonu is not a Yoruba lady o, she is from Wusasa, perhaps she married a Yoruba man!
The one called Saude Atoyebi can not even speak fluent Yoruba sad

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by Brimstone77: 5:20pm On Oct 17, 2021
DECLAN2015:

Igbo are naturally spiteful.
That is the fact.
Where I worked all of them have almost been sacked not because that they are igbo but because of there irritating altitude.

The have "everybody hates us syndrome"
story...

You all are only lamenting because Igbo have refused to be cowed ...

As I said you don't dish out insults and hate and expect praise and love..

If you insult the igbos they will give it to you in 100 folds..

Normally I don't engage on tribal bashing until I joined nairaland and see the kind of derogatory words and insults from other tribes to igbos..

I can't sit and watch some lowlife nitwits say rubbish about my tribe..

92 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by Nobody: 5:29pm On Oct 17, 2021
flokii:
Three wasted positions that would have been beneficial to Odua sons and daughters.

Remi Tinubu is from Delta so the Commissioner guy from Delta is most likely her link.

The Fulani guy is to appease North for 2023. There is no sense in it if you ask me.
Remi is not from Delta, she is from Ogun state. Her mother is from Warri Delta state.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by SmartPolician: 5:56pm On Oct 17, 2021
Pierocash:
You hardly can see a Southerner in the cabinet of Northern governors

Nasir el-Rufai appointed a couple of Yoruba people

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pmnewsnigeria.com/2019/07/03/el-rufai-appoints-yoruba-architect-as-commissioner/%3famp=1

2 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by Nobody: 6:18pm On Oct 17, 2021
Pierocash:

Or a westerner in the cabinet of Eastern governor.

12 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by adebenson155: 6:21pm On Oct 17, 2021
flokii:

Remi Tinubu is from Delta so the Commissioner guy from Delta is most likely her link.

the northern guy was born and bred in agege(markaz area)

he started from the bottom til he got to the top

And point of correction remi tinubu father is yoruba, her mother itsekiri

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by gawu1: 6:23pm On Oct 17, 2021
Pierocash:
Mention one northerner even from Benue State the ipob pigs want to incorporate into their phantom country who is holding political office in any of the five waste land states of East.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by Nobody: 6:29pm On Oct 17, 2021
adebenson155:

the northern guy was born and bred in agege(markaz area)

he started from the bottom til he got to the top

And point of correction remi tinubu father is yoruba, her mother itsekiri

You will never see the Hausa man plot against Yoruba, but you see the other people, they are plotting day and night. Most of attack on Yoruba on twitter are from igbos, then they open fake account to attack yoruba the more

You will hear: I'm Yoruba but Yoruba are this and that

I'm not ibo but Peter obi is this and that

They attack our women and call them all sort of names, I wonder a tribe of men that stomach nonsense against their women, that's Yoruba! Eeeeeeeckkkkkw

They attack our supper star, Antony Joshua was hated because he visited buhari and when he lost, they said unprintable names about him.

What amuse me is that, not only Ibos do this, some other minor tribes join Ibos, tribe that are shit compare to Yoruba, but what did Yoruba do in return laugh with stupid emoji. Theze small tribe no fit try the nonsense with ibo without getting smoked. But na Yoruba I blame

If they are not destroying Tinubu, they are clapping for those abusing our women, or singing praises of those disrespecting our food and culture.

I Dey joke when I talk say ibo no go anywhere but I swear I want them out of Yoruba land and make we divide!

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by Commentor: 6:36pm On Oct 17, 2021
Enugu no fit rule for Anambra.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by Alfamann: 6:39pm On Oct 17, 2021
TooNoisy:
One thing that is very clear is that the Yoruba are the most accommodating tribe in Nigeria; no one can deny that. However, what have we got in return - hate and envy especially from the Igbos. The Hausa/Fulani are suspicious of the Youruba but they do not hate the Yoruba. The are also accommodating to the Yorubas.

The Edo/Isekiri/Urhoro are siblings to the Yorubas even though they have their own identity. The Efik/Ibibio are somewhat indifferent to the Yoruba but that is fine. The Igbos outright hate the Yoruba and it is time Yorubas become very conscious of this hatred.

Everyday they are castigating Tinubu, Fayemi and Osinbajo; and other potential Yoruba presidential candidates. The other day they were calling Yoruba women undesirable and dirty. All of them were hating on Peter Okoye for marrying a “dirty Yoruba woman” - a woman who is more educated and exposed than anyone in their generation. They insult the same Lagos where they live - why don't they just go back to Onitsha and Aba.

They insult anything Yoruba- from Anthony Joshua, Wizkid, Tiwa and everything Yoruba. These insults are not unnoticed. Yoruba will not forget and will surely retaliate!

Accomodator ko, Accumulator ni.

Just say your people are too lazy to survive without others.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by TeeGentle(m): 6:40pm On Oct 17, 2021
wetin we no go see for politics
Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by Nobody: 6:45pm On Oct 17, 2021
Pierocash:
KADUNA STATE:Fausat Adebola Ibikunle, Commissioner, Ministry of Housing & Urban Development

Kano state governor maintained that every resident in the state was an indigene of Kano.
He also said that his administration had already abolished the indigene/settler dichotmy [/b]to enable it run the affairs of the state.
https://www.legit.ng/1125196-why-governor-ganduje-met-igbo-leaders-kano-photos.html

[b]Borno Gov Appoints Igbo, Yoruba Indigenes as Special Advisers

The two are: Chief Kesta Ogualili from Anambra State and Alhaji Yusuf Alao from Oyo State
https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2020/01/30/borno-gov-appoints-igbo-yoruba-
indigenes-as-special-advisers/

Gombe governor Yahaya appoints Igbo man as special adviser
The northern governor appointed Prince Chidebelu Cornelius Ewuzie as special adviser on inter-community relations
https://www.legit.ng/1374905-gombe-governor-yahaya-appoints-igbo-man-special-aDevelopment
Ex Gov Ahmed Markafi had Igbo and Yoruba SA and SSA. Namadi Sambo had Igbo and Yoruba SSA. It wasn't differnt from Rahmalan yero and Yokowa. Former Sokoto state Gov Wamako had Igbo SA. Present Governor of Borno state had a Delta man as SA.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by OGAStacks2021: 7:17pm On Oct 17, 2021
You can't hold a post in the North unless you are a northerner.
MrBrownJay1:
being yoruba isnt a prerequisite to hold office in Lagos, is it?!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by Awoo88: 7:17pm On Oct 17, 2021
Commot Joe for that list

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by Mexzy4sho(m): 7:18pm On Oct 17, 2021
TooNoisy:
One thing that is very clear is that the Yoruba are the most accommodating tribe in Nigeria; no one can deny that. However, what have we got in return - hate and envy especially from the Igbos. The Hausa/Fulani are suspicious of the Youruba but they do not hate the Yoruba. The are also accommodating to the Yorubas.

The Edo/Isekiri/Urhoro are siblings to the Yorubas even though they have their own identity. The Efik/Ibibio are somewhat indifferent to the Yoruba but that is fine. The Igbos outright hate the Yoruba and it is time Yorubas become very conscious of this hatred.

Everyday they are castigating Tinubu, Fayemi and Osinbajo; and other potential Yoruba presidential candidates. The other day they were calling Yoruba women undesirable and dirty. All of them were hating on Peter Okoye for marrying a “dirty Yoruba woman” - a woman who is more educated and exposed than anyone in their generation. They insult the same Lagos where they live - why don't they just go back to Onitsha and Aba.

They insult anything Yoruba- from Anthony Joshua, Wizkid, Tiwa and everything Yoruba. These insults are not unnoticed. Yoruba will not forget and will surely retaliate!

Bro, I'm Igbo and I concur with you. Yorubas are the most accommodating tribe in Nigeria.
I'm evening planning to get attached to one fine Yoruba lady self.

32 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by Okwyjesus(m): 7:18pm On Oct 17, 2021
adebenson155:
Lagos state is known to many people as a state with many opportunities to flourish. This is why many Nigerians from other regions always want to reside in the center of

Let us take a look at 3 Non-Yoruba political office holders who have been appointed by Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu.

Na lgbokwe collect the cheapest job.
Very interesting.

1. Joe Igbokwe :

Joe Igbokwe is one of the most respected and revered Igbo leaders in Lagos State. He was a former publicity secretary of All Progressive Congress in Lagos State, South West region of Nigeria.

The outspoken political gladiator hails from Anambra State in the South East region of Nigeria. He is presently the Special Adviser on drainage and water resources to Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu.
Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by FILEBE(m): 7:19pm On Oct 17, 2021
TooNoisy:

Oga. Hold your horses. We are not retaliating anything. Everything isn't violence. I don't know where you have been to or were you were schooled but in Lagos, we don't care!!

Not everything is violence . Damn it!!! Stop being petty. Every tribe has had or is having its own fair share of insults from other tribes. I dont see it as a biggie, eo long it isn't violence.

You talk about Tinubu like he is a Yoruba god. To you he could be, to us , he isn't. Everyone that doesn't like Tinubu shouldn't be your problem . Yeah, we are accommodating.

We grew up chanting tunes like this when we were playing game and it was still not a biggie. No offence was taken .

The song:
Who no know say the thing dey pain x2
My belle... I full am garri.
Youruba Pangolo Belle
Igbo Fufu Seller.
Hausa Craw Craw for yanch.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by Mrkumareze(m): 7:19pm On Oct 17, 2021
The topic should be * how lagos state government converted our industrious son to a gutter cleaner*

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by ridbell01(m): 7:19pm On Oct 17, 2021
Pierocash:
kaduna and Kano do have southerners in their cabinet and many yorubas in their civil service but I have not heard of such in the east

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by dapolaw(m): 7:19pm On Oct 17, 2021
That is not true, Skekarau appointed a Yoruba man as a commissioner and even an Igbo man too. And even recently, Elrufai has non hausa serving in his government.

Show me any governor from the southeast that has appointed a Yoruba or an Hausa.

Pierocash:

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by einsteine(m): 7:19pm On Oct 17, 2021
It should be three Nigerians who are not Lagos natives are holding office in Lagos. Lagos was developed with federal funds. Why should a native of Osun or Kwara on account of being Yoruba be more entitled to political position in Lagos than other Nigerians? Can an Osun state native go to Ondo to contest for position? Yet they come to Lagos and claim it's for Yorubas only and when one or two non Yorubas get position, it's used as a symbol for the faux liberalism

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by backbone503(m): 7:20pm On Oct 17, 2021
TooNoisy:

This is quite commendable. However, Yorubas remain the most tribalistic people in Nigeria. If you're talking about the most accommodating tribes, then you have to give it to the South southerners and maybe the Igbos too

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by flowbjones(m): 7:20pm On Oct 17, 2021
CUMIN:

When Biafra comes to reality...you will know your father's house.

grin

5 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by TBD(m): 7:21pm On Oct 17, 2021
Come to Niger State where a lot Igbo and other non indigene work with Niger Government one permanent secretary his from Kogi State.

7 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by PrudencyFeats: 7:21pm On Oct 17, 2021
DECLAN2015:

Igbo are naturally spiteful.
That is the fact.
Where I worked all of them have almost been sacked not because that they are igbo but because of there irritating altitude.

The have "everybody hates us syndrome"

Oga it seems you are learning politics. When did you start following politics

When Governor Chimaroke Nnamani of Enugu State appointed Mr. Festus Adedayo as his special assistant (Media), it did raise many eyebrows in this Nigerian society where it is virtually impossible to get jobs outside one's state of origin.

This happened in 2005

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by ThatFairGuy: 7:21pm On Oct 17, 2021
But Yorubas own bini cheesy

Ile ibinu transformed to ubini and the present Bini
Jlow2:
First oba of lagos oba ado was a Benin prince, lagos was never a Yoruba land

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by Iamgrey5(m): 7:21pm On Oct 17, 2021
einsteine:
It should be three Nigerians who are not Lagos natives are holding office in Lagos. Lagos was developed with federal funds. Why should a native of Osun or Kwara on account of being Yoruba be more entitled to political position in Lagos than other Nigerians? Can an Osun state native go to Ondo to contest for position? Yet they come to Lagos and claim it's for Yorubas only and when one or two non Yorubas get position, it's used as a symbol for the faux liberalism
This is in Oyostate recently

https://dailypost.ng/2019/12/05/kano-indigene-igbo-woman-make-makindes-new-appointment/

2 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by Dreadful: 7:21pm On Oct 17, 2021
TooNoisy:

Shut up your mouth, Bingo!
Did anybody force the Lagos Governor to appoint that Efulefu as his adviser?
Have you come to Igboland and was driven away?
Your little envy and hatred for the Igbo is legendary just that you are insignificant!

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by enemyofprogress: 7:22pm On Oct 17, 2021
Akwamkpuruamu:
Lagos na no man's land naa... Do you think its a joke
go and grab it, oponu ode

16 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

INEC Official Caught With Dollar Notes In Oworo, Lagos State. / Wike Orders Auction Of Adamawa Trucks, Cattle For Breach Of PHC Lockdown / Photos: Dino Melayes Security Car, Caravan, Wall Riddled With Bullets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.