Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,290 members, 7,780,668 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:04 PM

3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos - Politics (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos (82822 Views)

2023 : We Reject Zoning Of Political Offices - Ebonyi PDP / Omeyele Sowore Is Not Yoruba But Ijaw From Ondo / Sdp's Coalition With APC Not For Political Offices But For Welfare Of Osun -omis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by RodgersAkpafu: 10:11am On Oct 18, 2021
Dedemworld:

Riff raff has quoted me again... myopic gullible nuisance
OK
Are you happy now
Go and find something productive to do
Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by jarx: 10:24am On Oct 18, 2021
Thanks for coming to our rescue
Brimstone77:
[s][/s] gibberish!!

You lots are hypocrites,it's cool when you insult igbos,but when Igbo respond by insulting you back you will start whining like over used pant..

You claimed igbos hates you yet Igbo never engaged you lot in any physical combat or confrontation any where since the history of Nigeria,igbos undoubtedly are the second largest tribe in Lagos yet we never had issues with you lots..

Your oba of Lagos threatened to throw igbos in the lagoon yet you didn't see the hate in that,adeyinka grandson threatened to burn down Igbo investment in South West yet you didn't see the hate in it...

Your people have been burning Igbo shops by proxy(you lots think we don't no) yet you are still accusing us of hating you..

You call us baby factory and drug dealers,but when we call you skull miners you start shouting hate..

You call our women yam legs but when we call your women dirty, stinking and ugly you start shouting hate...

You call our political leaders ( thou I don't care about those ones shaa) like Peter obi a fraudster but when we call tinubu bullion van crook or frog eye you start shouting hate..

For Wizkid and tiwa Savage they are my best supper stars so I don't no what you are saying on that...

Go to any Igbo related thread and see the way you yorubas are insulting igbos..

You don't dish out hate and insult and expect love and praise,it doesn't work like that..
Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by Kinobi: 10:25am On Oct 18, 2021
That's how every state in Nigeria should be. That's if people still believe in this country called Nigeria. With the current system, it'd be a miracle if Nigeria still exists in 20 years
Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by Kinobi: 10:28am On Oct 18, 2021
TooNoisy:
One thing that is very clear is that the Yoruba are the most accommodating tribe in Nigeria; no one can deny that. However, what have we got in return - hate and envy especially from the Igbos. The Hausa/Fulani are suspicious of the Youruba but they do not hate the Yoruba. The are also accommodating to the Yorubas.

The Edo/Isekiri/Urhoro are siblings to the Yorubas even though they have their own identity. The Efik/Ibibio are somewhat indifferent to the Yoruba but that is fine. The Igbos outright hate the Yoruba and it is time Yorubas become very conscious of this hatred.

Everyday they are castigating Tinubu, Fayemi and Osinbajo; and other potential Yoruba presidential candidates. The other day they were calling Yoruba women undesirable and dirty. All of them were hating on Peter Okoye for marrying a “dirty Yoruba woman” - a woman who is more educated and exposed than anyone in their generation. They insult the same Lagos where they live - why don't they just go back to Onitsha and Aba.

They insult anything Yoruba- from Anthony Joshua, Wizkid, Tiwa and everything Yoruba. These insults are not unnoticed. Yoruba will not forget and will surely retaliate!

Bla bla bla. Our keyboard warrior
Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by Kinobi: 10:33am On Oct 18, 2021
HitechDigital:
This can never ever happen in any Eastern State. How many non Igbos are in the East compare to the way the easterners flood other regions but still the blame others for their problems

Travel go east na. Who dey stop you? Lol
Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by Nobody: 10:36am On Oct 18, 2021
Pierocash:
You hardly can see a Southerner in the cabinet of Northern governors

It is true politically but not economically - Be the bigger man and stop comparing yourself with poorly managed states - let me explain. Igbos and Yorubas hold a weighty influence in the local economies of the North - but hold no political offices.

Lagos State alone contributes nearly nearly 55% of the National IGR. it is the hub of business opportunity and the haven for tax-collectors of every kind both legitimate and illegal.

There was a period in Fashola's government when Tax inclusion and demographics by the State of Origin was discussed and it was discovered that nearly 80% of tax-payers were not from Lagos and a majority were actually spread between the North, East, and South-South. in fact you can do a simple sample and drive the length of VI to Epe and note the companies and factories lined up providing jobs and boosting the local economy. They are not Indigenous Eko businessmen but non-ethnic Lagosians.. the same picture in Lagos Island, the haven for indigenous Lagosians - Apapa is now peppered with Hausa-run businesses and we all know that Igbos hold sway in Apapa, Ojo/Alaba, and badagary.

The issue of political inclusion should not be based on ethnicity or whether some states run by illiterates and touts do not have yoruba's in their political vision.. it should be What are you doing to empower Lagosians to own businesses, properties, factories and lead in revenue generation to further boost the local economy? The non-Lagosians will go for Christmas and everywhere becomes silent and the disease of Lagos Traffic disappears.

A few power-houses like Adenuga and Otedola is not the flag-post for bragging that these two alone can save Lagos if non-Lagosians go their own way - Where there is opportunity, there is CAPITALISM (No free food for Lagos oooh)
Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by ItswellMike: 10:37am On Oct 18, 2021
Noise
TooNoisy:
One thing that is very clear is that the Yoruba are the most accommodating tribe in Nigeria; no one can deny that. However, what have we got in return - hate and envy especially from the Igbos. The Hausa/Fulani are suspicious of the Youruba but they do not hate the Yoruba. The are also accommodating to the Yorubas.

The Edo/Isekiri/Urhoro are siblings to the Yorubas even though they have their own identity. The Efik/Ibibio are somewhat indifferent to the Yoruba but that is fine. The Igbos outright hate the Yoruba and it is time Yorubas become very conscious of this hatred.

Everyday they are castigating Tinubu, Fayemi and Osinbajo; and other potential Yoruba presidential candidates. The other day they were calling Yoruba women undesirable and dirty. All of them were hating on Peter Okoye for marrying a “dirty Yoruba woman” - a woman who is more educated and exposed than anyone in their generation. They insult the same Lagos where they live - why don't they just go back to Onitsha and Aba.

They insult anything Yoruba- from Anthony Joshua, Wizkid, Tiwa and everything Yoruba. These insults are not unnoticed. Yoruba will not forget and will surely retaliate!
Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by Dedemworld: 10:40am On Oct 18, 2021
RodgersAkpafu:
OK
Are you happy now
Go and find something productive to do

See pot calling kettle black... if not joblessness and idleness, grown up man like will not be talking like a woman poke nosing into someone quote.. Ode. Oga abeg face Aba road job. Jobless thing

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by Invitationn: 10:55am On Oct 18, 2021
Pierocash:
That's not true.
Jimi Adebisi Lawal- Special Adviser, Investment Promotion to El-Rufai
Muyiwa Adekeye- Special adviser media to El-Rufai.

If you dig further you'd probably find more.
Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by Invitationn: 10:59am On Oct 18, 2021
Jlow2:
First oba of lagos oba ado was a Benin prince, lagos was never a Yoruba land
Should we say the Yorubas conquered Lagos then? cheesy

3 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by femixville(m): 11:14am On Oct 18, 2021
Akwamkpuruamu:
Lagos na no man's land naa... Do you think its a joke

Let your tribe go and claim it na.. No man's land my foot

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by project8(m): 11:16am On Oct 18, 2021
Pierocash:
come to kaduna
Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by femixville(m): 11:24am On Oct 18, 2021
Brimstone77:
[s][/s] gibberish!!

You lots are hypocrites,it's cool when you insult igbos,but when Igbo respond by insulting you back you will start whining like over used pant..

You claimed igbos hates you yet Igbo never engaged you lot in any physical combat or confrontation any where since the history of Nigeria,igbos undoubtedly are the second largest tribe in Lagos yet we never had issues with you lots..

Your oba of Lagos threatened to throw igbos in the lagoon yet you didn't see the hate in that,adeyinka grandson threatened to burn down Igbo investment in South West yet you didn't see the hate in it...

Your people have been burning Igbo shops by proxy(you lots think we don't no) yet you are still accusing us of hating you..

You call us baby factory and drug dealers,but when we call you skull miners you start shouting hate..

You call our women yam legs but when we call your women dirty, stinking and ugly you start shouting hate...

You call our political leaders ( thou I don't care about those ones shaa) like Peter obi a fraudster but when we call tinubu bullion van crook or frog eye you start shouting hate..

For Wizkid and tiwa Savage they are my best supper stars so I don't no what you are saying on that...

You don't dish out hate and insult and expect love and praise,it doesn't work like that..

You're a beautiful liar..
All those fact you made up there are just hearsay and to buy your readers claiming wizkid and tiwa are ur best superstar.. Using dat to climax ur hypocritical written speech.. No lie, tlk true, don't act like politicians campaigning for vote..

The fact is, all southern lines have always lived on patched history, given to them by the north to always read nd creating a room for a divide and rule system among the southerners.. Its a pity, most especially the igbos always starting the first blame.. Maybe it's due to envy or whatever I can't say.. But, if I may ask, envy about what, is it educationally, or enlightenment or size or, cos I can't get till now..

Yoruba may threaten, but yet, they've never done shit
So, let's keep the running mouth shut for once nd seen for development and peaceful cohabitation

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by MrSly(m): 11:33am On Oct 18, 2021
TooNoisy:

Comment very typical of a yoloba, incoherent and as usual noisy. Yorub reinstate the most unreliable tribe in Nigeria. Trust a to run a man at your own peril. Where is Sunday igboho and his agitation? Typical to run a. They can't change their chameleon tendencies. Brand it hate if you want but what you here is the truth about your personality.
Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by Benwallt(m): 11:39am On Oct 18, 2021
hope4nigeria:
that was a brutal blow, you are a very wicked fellow
The did not try with his reasoning
Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by tafabaloo(m): 11:49am On Oct 18, 2021
odomanis:

My dear,go and live in the east,work in the east,pay your taxes in the east,relate with people in the east,contribute to the development of the east,i can assure you that they will even elect you governor in the east. We are that open.

Lols....I have been in Afikpo, Ebonyi State since 2000. Any other thing ?

3 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by Kaymansion(m): 11:52am On Oct 18, 2021
What about Desmond Elliot grin
Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by Brimstone77: 12:43pm On Oct 18, 2021
femixville:

All those fact you made up there are just hearsay and to buy your readers claiming wizkid and tiwa are ur best superstar.. Using dat to climax ur hypocritical written speech.. No lie, tlk true, don't act like politicians campaigning for vote..

The fact is, all southern lines have always lived on patched history, given to them by the north to always read nd creating a room for a divide and rule system among the southerners.. Its a pity, most especially the igbos always starting the first blame.. Maybe it's due to envy or whatever I can't say.. But, if I may ask, envy about what, is it educationally, or enlightenment or size or, cos I can't get till now..

So, let's keep the running mouth shut for once nd seen for development and peaceful cohabitation
you mean I'm lying about Wizkid and tiwa being my favorite celeb??

I don't really get the point you're trying to make..

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by niggadee(m): 12:54pm On Oct 18, 2021
Okhuadams:
[qtuote author=theTranslator post=106824009]do you know what siblings mean at all?

besides you can't speak for three groups

Itsekiri are our brothers undebatably the word Oba is an Edo nane
same itsekiri that’s whopping you guys azz for ologbo
Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by niggadee(m): 12:56pm On Oct 18, 2021
Kaymansion:
What about Desmond Elliot grin
Desmond elliot na lagos island boy

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by wallrichy: 12:56pm On Oct 18, 2021
You see why I said you should go to school and learn history and probably increase your intelligent a little. You are not even like an Ibo boy cos Ibo aren't as daft as you....

Let me lecture you for free anyway.

In the old Nigeria State.....we have 3 regions that made up Nigeria....listed below

1) Eastern Region
2) Western Region
3) Northern Region

And the federal capital of Nigeria at independent was Lagos state but pre independent capital was Calabar in cross rivers state...

Should I continue? Or your small brain can't still assimilate this lecture....

Western region was in the same league as Eastern Region and Northern region and none exclusive right was given to any except Lagos the federal capital.

Western region was being governed or premier by Chief Obafemi Awolowo.

Eastern Region premier was Nnamdi Azikwe

Northern region premier was Ahmadu Bello while the Prime minister of Nigeria was Abubakr Tafawa Balewa and the first Nigeria President even though it was a decorative president was given to Nnamdi Azikwe....

Western region was never a Nigeria capital olodo....I know you are an illiterate of this indomie generation....learn your ABC and after you might probably get a little intelligent......

Angeldemon:

google capital of old western nigeria region and com back or let me help you
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_State_(Nigeria)

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by RodgersAkpafu: 12:56pm On Oct 18, 2021
Dedemworld:

See pot calling kettle black... if not joblessness and idleness, grown up man like will not be talking like a woman poke nosing into someone quote.. Ode. Oga abeg face Aba road job. Jobless thing

I will continue to call your bigotry out
Such behaviour is not becoming of a civilised space .n
Anyone who stereotype an entire ethnic group is a primitive person with a rotten mentality
Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by CaptainAyub: 1:58pm On Oct 18, 2021
Asour:

I am not conversant with Imo & Ebonyi state politics but just to be sure, Do you know what Executive council posts means. It means Governor, Deputy Governor, Secretary to state government & Commissioners. Those are EXCos at the state.

Others, SSAs, SAs etc. Are aides or essentially appendages to the Person who appointed them NOT the 'state'.

Is a Yoruba man a Commissioner in Imo/Ebonyi now ?
Special adviser

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by Chiefecho(m): 2:02pm On Oct 18, 2021
Brimstone77:
[s][/s] gibberish!!

What a mature and wise qoute thank God I had the chance to read this qoute from the beginning
God bless you sir the hates actually are coming from other tribes because it's obvious on how we invest in any land that is not ready to be prosperous any land that have lazy occupants
We are always there because we think and we invest
Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by Chiefecho(m): 2:17pm On Oct 18, 2021
Alfamann:

Accomodator ko, Accumulator ni.

Just say your people are too lazy to survive without others.
It is very clear that the most hardworking people in Nigeria are the igbos

We always look for one state or the other that are not ready to develop and develop them with our businesses and investment
Igbos are world wide is it China, USA UK , India , Korea name it all
We are there
Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by Tellwhat: 2:25pm On Oct 18, 2021
femixville:

Ugly liar
Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by Newton85: 2:35pm On Oct 18, 2021
odomanis:

My dear,go and live in the east,work in the east,pay your taxes in the east,relate with people in the east,contribute to the development of the east,i can assure you that they will even elect you governor in the east. We are that open.
Lol, open indeed. Was it not Anambra people that prevented your Biaflan first lady Bianca Ojukwu from representing Anambra South in the National Assembly just because she hailed from Ngwo in Enugu State? You can't even tolerate yourselves but you think a non-Eboe will be elected governor in the East? The same utterly tribalistic and clannish Eboes we know?

2 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos by Newton85: 2:39pm On Oct 18, 2021
NaWeDeyHere:

It is true politically but not economically - Be the bigger man and stop comparing yourself with poorly managed states - let me explain. Igbos and Yorubas hold a weighty influence in the local economies of the North - but hold no political offices.

Lagos State alone contributes nearly nearly 55% of the National IGR. it is the hub of business opportunity and the haven for tax-collectors of every kind both legitimate and illegal.

There was a period in Fashola's government when Tax inclusion and demographics by the State of Origin was discussed and it was discovered that nearly 80% of tax-payers were not from Lagos and a majority were actually spread between the North, East, and South-South. in fact you can do a simple sample and drive the length of VI to Epe and note the companies and factories lined up providing jobs and boosting the local economy. They are not Indigenous Eko businessmen but non-ethnic Lagosians.. the same picture in Lagos Island, the haven for indigenous Lagosians - Apapa is now peppered with Hausa-run businesses and we all know that Igbos hold sway in Apapa, Ojo/Alaba, and badagary.

The issue of political inclusion should not be based on ethnicity or whether some states run by illiterates and touts do not have yoruba's in their political vision.. it should be What are you doing to empower Lagosians to own businesses, properties, factories and lead in revenue generation to further boost the local economy? The non-Lagosians will go for Christmas and everywhere becomes silent and the disease of Lagos Traffic disappears.

A few power-houses like Adenuga and Otedola is not the flag-post for bragging that these two alone can save Lagos if non-Lagosians go their own way - Where there is opportunity, there is CAPITALISM (No free food for Lagos oooh)

"There was a period in Fashola's government when Tax
inclusion and demographics by the State of Origin was
discussed and it was discovered that nearly 80% of tax-
payers were not from Lagos and a majority were actually
spread between the North, East, and South-South." Can you show me any evidence of this your codeine-influenced claim?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply)

Senator Joseph Wayas' Corpse Abandoned In London Over Funds / New Photos Of Super Cop, Abba Kyari, Cause A Stir / Twitter Deletes Buhari’s Tweet About Nigerian Civil War - Peoples Gazette

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.