Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,245 members, 7,807,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:05 PM

CI/CD Pipeline For Django Application - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / CI/CD Pipeline For Django Application (1079 Views)

CI/CD | Continuous Integration | Delivery | Deployment Part 1,2&3 / For Django Developer / CI From PC To Bitbucket To Jenkins To Docker To Ubuntu VPS Running Nginx Block (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CI/CD Pipeline For Django Application by Ononugo(m): 10:03pm On Oct 17, 2021
Please I sincerely need help. I have a Django project and I need to implement CI/CD pipeline for the project but I don't really know how I can achieve this. Please I need guide
Re: CI/CD Pipeline For Django Application by EmmanuelScott1(m): 10:07pm On Oct 17, 2021
I'm still new in coding, but advice make you this question on stack overflow.
Re: CI/CD Pipeline For Django Application by Commentor: 10:09pm On Oct 17, 2021
Ononugo:
Please I sincerely need help. I have a Django project and I need to implement CI/CD pipeline for the project but I don't really know how I can achieve this. Please I need guide

What is CI/CD?
Re: CI/CD Pipeline For Django Application by africonn: 10:17pm On Oct 17, 2021
Ononugo:

YouTube is your best bet, there are paid and free services for that learn how to use GitHub actions, why do you want to implement a ci/cd system because from what you have said it looks like a one man team.
Re: CI/CD Pipeline For Django Application by stanliwise(m): 10:50pm On Oct 17, 2021
Ononugo:
What hosting platform are you using?
Perhaps ci/Cd is a process and the implementation has to be tailored according to your hosting platform and unique problem
Re: CI/CD Pipeline For Django Application by Ononugo(m): 6:29am On Oct 18, 2021
africonn:

YouTube is your best bet, there are paid and free services for that learn how to use GitHub actions, why do you want to implement a ci/cd system because from what you have said it looks like a one man team.

I've gone to YouTube and I've gone through a lot of posts online but they're quite no comprehensive to me as a beginner. And also, we're many in the team.
Re: CI/CD Pipeline For Django Application by Ononugo(m): 6:30am On Oct 18, 2021
stanliwise:

What hosting platform are you using?
Perhaps ci/Cd is a process and the implementation has to be tailored according to your hosting platform and unique problem

It is not yet online but we're considering heroku
Re: CI/CD Pipeline For Django Application by Ononugo(m): 6:34am On Oct 18, 2021
EmmanuelScott1:
I'm still new in coding, but advice make you this question on stack overflow.

I got neither a comment nor an answer on stackoverflow
Re: CI/CD Pipeline For Django Application by flam5: 11:47am On Oct 18, 2021
Ononugo, you might need to be more specific as per your team's workflow. Gitlab's CI/CD should be okay since you mentioned Heroku as possible host. This should be helpful: https://lepiku.medium.com/how-to-deploy-django-website-to-heroku-with-gitlab-ci-cd-7b136412b456
Re: CI/CD Pipeline For Django Application by africonn: 12:05pm On Oct 18, 2021
Ononugo:

I've gone to YouTube and I've gone through a lot of posts online but they're quite no comprehensive to me as a beginner. And also, we're many in the team.
Look through udemy then
Re: CI/CD Pipeline For Django Application by Ononugo(m): 4:10pm On Oct 20, 2021
flam5:
Ononugo, you might need to be more specific as per your team's workflow. Gitlab's CI/CD should be okay since you mentioned Heroku as possible host. This should be helpful: https://lepiku.medium.com/how-to-deploy-django-website-to-heroku-with-gitlab-ci-cd-7b136412b456

I took the problem to stackoverflow, below is the link. Please I really need help

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/69637400/ci-cd-pipeline-for-django-failure/69637582?noredirect=1#comment123089624_69637582

This is the first time am trying to implement the CI\CD pipeline and its becoming a pain in the ass

Can I contact you via whatsapp?
Re: CI/CD Pipeline For Django Application by Ononugo(m): 4:11pm On Oct 20, 2021
Re: CI/CD Pipeline For Django Application by Enceladus(m): 7:39pm On Oct 20, 2021
If you are using GitHub, Github Actions is good. No need for ansible. There is an action called ssh-action from apple boy. It has everything you need for deployment.

If you are using Bitbucket, Bitbucket pipeline is also good.

One last thing, are you using a VPS or heroku?
Re: CI/CD Pipeline For Django Application by airsaylongcome: 7:42pm On Oct 20, 2021
Commentor:

What is CI/CD?

Continuous Integration/Continous Deployment
Re: CI/CD Pipeline For Django Application by Commentor: 7:43pm On Oct 20, 2021
airsaylongcome:

Continuous Integration/Continous Deployment

Why is this necessary?
Re: CI/CD Pipeline For Django Application by dragnet: 1:33pm On Oct 21, 2021
Ononugo:

If you're hosting on heroku, bitbucket pipelines works with ease.
Re: CI/CD Pipeline For Django Application by dragnet: 1:35pm On Oct 21, 2021
Commentor:

Why is this necessary?
So you don't need to copy and paste your code into your deployment space anytime you have an update.
Rather, immediately you push an update to your repository, it goes straight to deployment.
Re: CI/CD Pipeline For Django Application by Commentor: 1:50pm On Oct 21, 2021
dragnet:

So you don't need to copy and paste your code into your deployment space anytime you have an update.
Rather, immediately you push an update to your repository, it goes straight to deployment.

I know that but I'm trying to get the OP to explain why he thinks this is necessary for him.
Re: CI/CD Pipeline For Django Application by stanliwise(m): 1:38pm On Oct 24, 2021
dragnet:

well CI/CD is way bigger than that, for example a software team that deploy only once in 6 month may not use CI/CD and in some cases it is bogus and an over kill but an Agile team must use CI/CD. So it depends on the culture of your software development team
Re: CI/CD Pipeline For Django Application by Ononugo(m): 2:20pm On Oct 31, 2021
Thanks guys for your contribution. I managed to solve it. I also used minikube to deploy locally to confirm things. Thanks to you guys once again

1 Like

Re: CI/CD Pipeline For Django Application by GIANTPLUSHUB: 2:20pm On Nov 26, 2021
dragnet:

If you're hosting on heroku, bitbucket pipelines works with ease.

Hi Dragnet, kindly look into this my thread with the false allegations on us. Kindly ask him to provide evidence we scammed him or the refurbished phone he bought from us. Below is the thread link. Thanks.

https://www.nairaland.com/6866457/usa-used-google-pixel-3xl#6866457.16

(1) (Reply)

Experienced React Developers Needed / Wordpress Just Made Sense To Me. / How Can I Find Free Vb.net Learning Resources Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.