Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,260 members, 7,807,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:06 PM

Colin Powell, 84, Dies From Covid - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Colin Powell, 84, Dies From Covid (31331 Views)

Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others / Pierre Buyoya, Burundi Ex-president Dies From Covid-19 / Colin Powell Supports Joe Biden Saying Trump R 'drifted Away' From Constitution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Colin Powell, 84, Dies From Covid by donnie(m): 2:15pm On Oct 18, 2021
Nor be only covid-19, na covid 20.
Mtcheew... miserable liars. There's a difference between, he died WITH covid-19 and he died OF covid-19.
Re: Colin Powell, 84, Dies From Covid by femi4: 2:17pm On Oct 18, 2021
Sabadon:
Eiya....RIP, i remember olu maintai....."colin powell o well dance yahoozee so well"
Mr Olu ti relate with secretary of state.....na Baba God do am, we say thank you

1 Like

Re: Colin Powell, 84, Dies From Covid by lenghtinny(m): 2:18pm On Oct 18, 2021
Sabadon:
Eiya....RIP, i remember olu maintai....."colin powell o well dance yahoozee so well"
You be Agba man

That was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the news

1 Like

Re: Colin Powell, 84, Dies From Covid by godofuck231: 2:19pm On Oct 18, 2021
When them say make Una de drink origin bitters Una no go hear , instead Una go de drink astrazeneca juice
Re: Colin Powell, 84, Dies From Covid by joshuaidibia(m): 2:19pm On Oct 18, 2021
apoti:
Former Secretary of State Colin Powell has died due to complications from COVID.

He was 84 years old.

His family released a statement on Facebook saying: 'General Colin L. Powell, former U.S. Secretary of State and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, passed away this morning due to complications from Covid 19.

'He was fully vaccinated. We want to thank the medical staff at Walter Reed National Medical Center for their caring treatment.
'We have lost a remarkable and loving husband, father, grandfather and a great American.'
The four star general was the first black secretary of State.

He served under several Republican administrations – including for Ronald Reagan, George H. W. Bush and George W. Bush.

Also, from 1991-1993 he served as the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff for Bill Clinton after being appointed to the post by Bush Sr.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10103527/Colin-Powell-84-dies-complications-COVID.html

Rip Powel. First heard about you from Olu Maintain's song 'yahooze' and watched how you did the famous dance steps.
Re: Colin Powell, 84, Dies From Covid by femi4: 2:20pm On Oct 18, 2021
Sabadon:
Mo ti ba collin powell Po lori stage
O de quality

1 Like

Re: Colin Powell, 84, Dies From Covid by NoSentiment: 2:21pm On Oct 18, 2021
kjhova:

Come on now, why not be careful in dishing out curses on topics you are not the most informed about.

While it is true that the Bush Jnr. Admin concocted the most criminal of lies to push through a heinous crime in invading Iraq, subsequent revelations have shown that General Collin Powell was a victim too who was only used by the admin to deliver lies to the UN General Assembly. It's quite sad thou, such a good man. His possible future political career was destroyed by that singular act.

Thank you bro for this cool-headed intervention. But do I have to be the "most informed" about a topic b4 i comment on it or dish out curses?

You yourself have admitted that Powell was a key party to the disaster created in Iraq. How, as a four star army general was Powell a victim when he had the chance to quit selling the lies he knew well the consequences of ? Given that the CIA created Bin Laden in the 1980s and 1990s to fight the Soviets, can we also say that bin Laden was a victim too?

Call a spade a spade bro. Collins was callous. He was aware the intelligence was doctored to invade iraq. Yet he kept on selling the lies he was asked to. Allow the man to carry his cross! You think we muslims will forgive him for killing our brothers and sisters in their millions? Have Americans forgiven bin Laden for killing less than that? Have u ever anywhere come to the defence of bin Laden because he was once in the paybook of America or the CIA. Two wrongs don't make a right. Both Powell and Bin Laden were terrorists who deserve to rot forever in hell. Yet here you are trying to exonerate Callous Foul probably because he shared the same religion with you. Bro, a criminal is a criminal whatever his religion and region, his color and creed. God bless you.

4 Likes

Re: Colin Powell, 84, Dies From Covid by Oludara202: 2:23pm On Oct 18, 2021
Recently I thought about him, his role in the Vietnam war and even in a song where his resignation as secretary of state was referenced. I ended up confirming he was still alive.
Here is one of his quotes
" When everyone's mind is dulled and distracted, the leader must be doubly vigilant."
Re: Colin Powell, 84, Dies From Covid by NoSentiment: 2:24pm On Oct 18, 2021
Guyman02:

Please modify and Iraqi Christians to your comment, Tariq Azeez the Vice President to Saddam Hussein was a Christian. Millions of Iraqi Christians were impacted by his lies too.
These evil men have only one religion which is power and money

True, thanks bro. Will modify asap. Thanks, Sir. Really grateful for this!
Re: Colin Powell, 84, Dies From Covid by NoSentiment: 2:28pm On Oct 18, 2021
ogwumgbe:

Wow, is Mary Magdalene mentioned in the Koran, I need more lectures please

No, it is not, to the best of my knowledge. All the quotations are from the Bible. However, I know for sure that Mary the mother of christ is mentioned several times and even has a chapter named after her.
Re: Colin Powell, 84, Dies From Covid by airsaylongcome: 2:28pm On Oct 18, 2021
chidonweb:
Cholera and Last fever has killed more people than covid-19 but yet nobody is reporting the death casualties

Share the figures bro. I'm looking for figures for cholera especially
Re: Colin Powell, 84, Dies From Covid by NoSentiment: 2:30pm On Oct 18, 2021
Guyman02:

Please modify and Iraqi Christians to your comment, Tariq Azeez the Vice President to Saddam Hussein was a Christian. Millions of Iraqi Christians were impacted by his lies too.
These evil men have only one religion which is power and money

Tried to modify but they deleted the comment from which I can edit. Really grateful for the corrections
Re: Colin Powell, 84, Dies From Covid by porthouse7(f): 2:31pm On Oct 18, 2021
Femeto:
Olu Maintain made me know this man. Colin Powell dance yahooze so well.
first thing dat came to my mind
Re: Colin Powell, 84, Dies From Covid by Omoluabi16(m): 2:31pm On Oct 18, 2021
Oh dear! I remember we used to sing about him those days in our primary school. A lovely tune I still can't forget. He sure lived a good life. Farewell Secretary Powell.
Re: Colin Powell, 84, Dies From Covid by FLYFIRE(m): 2:33pm On Oct 18, 2021
Still looking for a way to give the fake flu a big punch. Whatever kills a man today is covid-19
Re: Colin Powell, 84, Dies From Covid by lexy2014: 2:40pm On Oct 18, 2021
LordReed:

No it doesn't guarantee immunity. It increases resistance to infection and deleterious effects.

Oga, what's d difference between "immunity" and "resistance to infection"?

1 Like

Re: Colin Powell, 84, Dies From Covid by ogwumgbe: 2:40pm On Oct 18, 2021
NoSentiment:

No, it is not, to the best of my knowledge. All the quotations are from the Bible. However, I know for sure that Mary the mother of christ is mentioned several times and even has a chapter named after her.

Yes I know about Miriam,
Re: Colin Powell, 84, Dies From Covid by lexy2014: 2:42pm On Oct 18, 2021
RedDistrict:

nobody is forcing you to take it.

you can make your own vaccine also

U haven't answered d simple question:

Isn't d vaccine supposed to guarantee immunity despite old age and "underlying health conditions"?
Re: Colin Powell, 84, Dies From Covid by LordReed(m): 2:42pm On Oct 18, 2021
lexy2014:

Oga, what's d difference between "mmunity" and "resistance to infection"?

Immunity means you'll not get the disease. Resistance means it will take a higher threshold of viral load to cause the disease, you can still get the disease in this case.
Re: Colin Powell, 84, Dies From Covid by lexy2014: 2:45pm On Oct 18, 2021
LordReed:

Immunity means you'll not get the disease. Resistance means it will take a higher threshold of viral load to cause the disease, you can still get the disease in this case.

What is now d job of a vaccine?
Re: Colin Powell, 84, Dies From Covid by Christistruth00: 2:45pm On Oct 18, 2021
somebody02:
Fully vaccinated...
I thought that reduces the fatality.

Medical Propaganda.

You better Continue to eat Bitter Kola , hot Pepper and drink Dongoyaro Leaf water

Don’t you see how low the Nigerian Casualties are
Re: Colin Powell, 84, Dies From Covid by LordReed(m): 2:47pm On Oct 18, 2021
lexy2014:

What is now d job of a vaccine?

Either to provide Immunity or to provide resistance. The covid-19 vaccines provide resistance not Immunity.

1 Like

Re: Colin Powell, 84, Dies From Covid by LordReed(m): 2:48pm On Oct 18, 2021
Christistruth00:

Medical Propaganda

You better Continue to eat Bitter Kola and drink Dongoyaro Leaf water

Don’t you see how low the Nigerian Casualties are

The Nigerian casualties still follow the global trend on a percentage basis.
Re: Colin Powell, 84, Dies From Covid by GeorgeTheCoder: 2:52pm On Oct 18, 2021
NoSentiment:

[s]Which Jesus? The one that asked his child Bush to invade iraq and Afghanistan and killed millions of innocent souls in the process? Or

The Jesus that said " My father is greater than I" Or

The jesus that said " Hear or Israel, your Lord is one God" Or

The Jesus that cried to his Lord Allah by saying "Allah Allah lama sabacathani " when on the cross.

I worship the same God that Christ worship, the same God that he told Marry Magdalene about when he said " I am ascending unto my God and Your God, my lord and your Lord". You can Google about all the evidence here. Accept Jesus for who he said he was and not what his arch enemy, Paul, said he is. World ship God like jesus did in Mathew 26v39. This is islam.

I invite you to join islam and drop the irrationality that 1+1+1=1.

God bless you.[/s]

grin grin grin grin
Mad people full this Seun's forum
Re: Colin Powell, 84, Dies From Covid by EjaikreTheViper(f): 2:52pm On Oct 18, 2021
Safyqueen:

From your own voice, covid will reach the million Collin Powells for the Muslims.

SUPPORTER OF TERRORISTS!
SAME PUNISHMENT THAT AWAITS TERRORISTS AWAITS YOU TOO
Re: Colin Powell, 84, Dies From Covid by nairabacks(f): 2:53pm On Oct 18, 2021
LordReed:

No it doesn't guarantee immunity. It increases resistance to infection and deleterious effects.

Lol ! That's why God created something called an immune system does that perfectly conferring Natural immunity. Better than any injection.
Re: Colin Powell, 84, Dies From Covid by lexy2014: 2:53pm On Oct 18, 2021
LordReed:

Either to provide Immunity or to provide resistance. The covid-19 vaccines provide resistance not Immunity.

If u are saying that a vaccine both provides immunity and resistance, then it means that there's no difference between resistance and immunity. And if that is d case, then d COVID-19 vaccine was created to provide immunity.

Re: Colin Powell, 84, Dies From Covid by lexy2014: 2:58pm On Oct 18, 2021
LordReed:

What is d higher threshold of viral load that will cause d disease?

When there's immunity, doesn't it result in resistance?
Re: Colin Powell, 84, Dies From Covid by LordReed(m): 3:01pm On Oct 18, 2021
lexy2014:

What is d higher threshold of viral load that will cause d disease?

When there's immunity, doesn't it result in resistance?

It depends on what the disease is.

Yes Immunity is infinite resistance.
Re: Colin Powell, 84, Dies From Covid by kjhova(m): 3:07pm On Oct 18, 2021
NoSentiment:

Thank you bro for this cool-headed intervention. But do I have to be the "most informed" about a topic b4 i comment on it or dish out curses?

You yourself have admitted that Powell was a key party to the disaster created in Iraq. How, as a four star army general was Powell a victim when he had the chance to quit selling the lies he knew well the consequences of ? Given that the CIA created Bin Laden in the 1980s and 1990s to fight the Soviets, can we also say that bin Laden was a victim too?

Call a spade a spade bro. Collins was callous. He was aware the intelligence was doctored to invade iraq. Yet he kept on selling the lies he was asked to. Allow the man to carry his cross! You think we muslims will forgive him for killing our brothers and sisters in their millions? Have Americans forgiven bin Laden for killing less than that? Have u ever anywhere come to the defence of bin Laden because he was once in the paybook of America or the CIA. Two wrongs don't make a right. Both Powell and Bin Laden were terrorists who deserve to rot forever in hell. Yet here you are trying to exonerate Callous Foul probably because he shared the same religion with you. Bro, a criminal is a criminal whatever his religion and region, his color and creed. God bless you.

You're a emotionally attached to your religion and that's not unexpected. I'm neither Christian nor Muslim, if that helps to correct your wrong assumptions about my motive.

All I say again is that in every group, there are always the cunning manipulators, wilful followers, the grudgingly abiding, the misled, the timidly accepting etc. (If you've ever been in govt or at least some admin position, you'd understand me better). General Powell was deliberately influenced with doctored CIA intel to make that UN speech. On realizing this much later, he voluntarily withdrew from the political space. The above isn't an exoneration but a statement of actual occurrence.

The man is dead now, right? If there's a God somewhere as religious people claim, it's the job of that God now to decide his fate.
Re: Colin Powell, 84, Dies From Covid by noble99: 3:10pm On Oct 18, 2021
I thought when vaccinated, you are covered
Re: Colin Powell, 84, Dies From Covid by lexy2014: 3:30pm On Oct 18, 2021
LordReed:

It depends on what the disease is.

Yes Immunity is infinite resistance.

If u say immunity is "infinite resistance", why did u say that immunity and resistance to infection aren't d same thing?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Europe Heatwave: France BANS Outdoor Events As Parts Of The Country Hit 40C / UK Prime Minister, Boris Johnson To Resign Today / Huge Explosion Hits Shia Mosque In Afghanistan, 32 Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.